Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What I hate about these youtube prophets is they ramble on and on without getting to the point and they are always wrong. I stopped listening after 3 minutes because she was not saying anything.
My sentiments exactly. She is a false prophet.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am afraid not; that is just a metaphor. It means the stars will fall in the same way as figs fall, not that it will be winter.

Let me guess. You didn't know the 6th seal is the rapture of the church?

There's 3 events involved with the opening of the 6th seal:

1) The first involves the rapture of the church from Revelation 6:12-17.

Revelation 6:12-17 English Standard Version (ESV)
12 When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood, 13 and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale. 14 like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. 15 Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, 16 calling to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, 17 for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”

2) The second event involves the sealing of the 144,000 from Revelation 7:1-8.

3) At the third event, the church is appears in heaven standing in the throne room before God and Christ. Revelation 7:9-12.

Revelation 7:9-12 English Standard Version (ESV)
9 After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” 11 And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying, “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen.”

It means the stars will fall in the same way as figs fall, not that it will be winter.

Stars don't fall. They're immovable objects in the universe. Do you know what would happen if a star collided with the earth? The earth will disintegrate into a gazillion pieces in matter of seconds.

not that it will be winter.

The rapture is during the Winter season! The second coming is at the Spring!

Jesus' coming is in two stages. The 1st stage for the church, the 2nd stage to be on earth. He'll come as the Winter rain (1st stage) and the Spring rain (2nd stage). The rainiest season over Israel is Winter and Spring.

Hosea 6:1-3 New King James Version (NKJV)
1 Come, and let us return to the Lord;
For He has torn, but He will heal us;
He has stricken, but He will bind us up.
2 After two days He will revive us;
On the third day He will raise us up,
That we may live in His sight.
3 Let us know,
Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord.
His going forth is established as the morning;
He will come to us like the rain,
Like the latter and former rain to the earth.

Jesus died on the cross and ascended into heaven during Spring. He will return to earth at the second coming in exactly the same manner, the same hour, the same day, the same season (Acts 1:11-12) when His feet touches the Mount of Olives. Zechariah 14:4.

The tribulation is 2595 days (1260 + 1335 = 2595) in length. Or 7 years plus 75 days. (7 x 360 + 75 = 2595)

Daniel 12:11-12 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 “And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days. 12 Blessed is he who waits, and comes to the one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days.

Jesus' second coming is during the Spring. To get the rapture, go backwards 7 years plus 75 days (75 days for one season), you have the rapture taking place during the Winter.

The Winter season is not a metaphor.

See above; NOBODY knows when it will be; only God himself.

That's not what Jesus said. He said you're not to know the day and the hour. And He's referring to the day of the rapture as we're not to know the day and hour when it'll occur. He's not referring to the second coming as the day can easily be calculated and solved once the peace agreement is confirmed.

Matthew 24:36 New King James Version (NKJV)
“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

He reiterated the day and the hour again in Matthew 24:42 and Matthew 25:13.

Matthew 24:42 New King James Version (NKJV)
Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.

Matthew 25:13 New King James Version (NKJV)
“Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

Jesus gave us numerous signs of His arrival just before He comes in the Olivet Discourse. If He didn't want us to know when He's coming, He would not have given us those signs and told us numerous to "watch" for them.

He reiterated numerous times the importance of "watching" for the signs just before He comes.

Mark 13:37
And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!”

Matthew 24:42
Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.

Matthew 24:43
But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.

Matthew 25:13
Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

Mark 13:33
Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is.

Mark 13:34
It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch.

Mark 13:35
Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming—in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning—

Luke 12:37
Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them.

Luke 21:36
Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

Those who always say nobody knows are usually the ones not watching ending up having no idea of the time and season of His return. Paul tells us we're suppose to know at least the time and season of His arrival.

1 Thessalonians 5:1 New King James Version (NKJV)
But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you.

Paul also told us to watch and not be like others who are asleep that are not watching for the signs of His return.

1 Thessalonians 5:6 New King James Version (NKJV)
Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.

Two thousand years ago, during the first coming. The magi's from the east watched for all the signs of His coming given in the bible. They saw the star of Bethlehem 3 years before His birth, a huge sign. They later became known to everyone as the three wise men.

Did you know the star of Bethlehem appeared again last year after 2000 years?

Those who did not watched and were not expecting His arrival received this from Christ. They knew the prophecies but did not watch. They read the prophecies and knew what signs was suppose to appear just before He came but they did not watched, never realizing when it was happening.

This was their reward Jesus gave them for not knowing when He was coming.

Luke 19:41-44 New King James Version (NKJV)
41 Now as He drew near, He saw the city and wept over it, 42 saying, “If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes. 43 For days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment around you, surround you and close you in on every side, 44 and level you, and your children within you, to the ground; and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not know the time of your visitation.”

There are 100's of prophecies of His first coming. Jesus condemned them for not knowing when He was coming.

There are 1000's of prophecies about the second coming. With so much more information available about His return, can you guess what will happen to those who say they do not know?

This is how important it is to Him that everyone who calls himself a Christian watch for the signs of His return. He's giving everyone that is looking for His return the Crown of Righteousness.

2 Timothy 4:8
And now the prize awaits me--the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing.

The Crown of Righteousness is the easiest crown to win and this crown along with the Crown of Life grants one authority over 10 cities.

Luke 19:17
And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant! Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities.’

If the reward is this good this time for watching, can you guess how bad the punishment will be this time for not knowing when He'll return with all those prophecies and signs given.

With so many prophecies and signs this time, how can anyone not know at least the time and season of His return? The answer is simple, they're not watching, nor reading the prophecies.

The only thing you don't need to know are the day and the hour.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Let me guess. You didn't know the 6th seal is the rapture of the church? ...

Many thanks for the effort, but I am afraid your great long (cut and paste) post is lost on me.

'No man knoweth the hour but the Father' is sufficient for me. There can be no punishment for not knowing, when nobody knows.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
'No man knoweth the hour but the Father' is sufficient for me. There can be no punishment for not knowing, when nobody knows.

The bible covered that area also.

Luke 21:34-36 New King James Version (NKJV)
34 “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. 35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

1 Thessalonians 5:4-6 New King James Version (NKJV)
4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.
Either way you'll end up watching anyways, either from up there or down here.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
You will know when you read prophecies from the bible.

Nope; that is just your opinion. I want you to tell me where in Scripture it says that all prophecy relates only to the geographical area known as Israel.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
The bible covered that area also.

Luke 21:34-36 New King James Version (NKJV)
34 “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. 35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

1 Thessalonians 5:4-6 New King James Version (NKJV)
4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.
Either way you'll end up watching anyways, either from up there or down here.

You do realise that 'watch' doesn't mean 'watch'? It means 'stay awake.'

NOTHING to do with looking for signs and prognostications. There are many, many warnings in Scripture against fortune telling; it might be sensible to take notice of them.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You do realise that 'watch' doesn't mean 'watch'? It means 'stay awake.'

NOTHING to do with looking for signs and prognostications. There are many, many warnings in Scripture against fortune telling; it might be sensible to take notice of them.

You do realize when Paul said stay awake he's comparing to those who are asleep as in being in the dark right? Don't you know he's using figurative language?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope; that is just your opinion. I want you to tell me where in Scripture it says that all prophecy relates only to the geographical area known as Israel.

It'll be too long for you. All you're able to read is two sentences or less. Anything more is copy and paste to you.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many thanks for the effort, but I am afraid your great long (cut and paste) post is lost on me.

You're right, but Paul also said
1 Thes 5:4 But you aren't in the dark about these things, dear brothers and sisters, and you won't be surprised when the day of the Lord comes like a thief.

We should see the omen, the falling away of the true church to apostasy.

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I hope you prognosticators of the rapture are peppered to be disappointed.
I think you meant to write "prepared." I can assure you, we will not be disappointed, for God Himself is pretrib. Don't doubt it! Jesus will come to get His bride JUST BEFORE the Day of the Lord and 70th week begins.

But, He is coming for those who are LOOKING FOR His coming. Is it possible a post-tribber can be looking and expecting His coming tomorrow, or the next day? I doubt it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
You're right, but Paul also said
1 Thes 5:4 But you aren't in the dark about these things, dear brothers and sisters, and you won't be surprised when the day of the Lord comes like a thief.

We should see the omen, the falling away of the true church to apostasy.

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH
Sorry, but that theory of a great "falling away" is not the intent of the author or the writer.

What Paul was trying to tell us is that before the man of sin can be revealed, there is going to be a great and significant DEPARTURE...that is the rapture of the church. The church, on the other hand, is going to get stronger and stronger.

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"Nope; that is just your opinion. I want you to tell me where in Scripture it says that all prophecy relates only to the geographical area known as Israel"

The visions of the prophets are all a focus upon Israel in the Middle East surrounded by the nation's virulent enemies

The entire earth will be subject to the Lord's coming judgement .... but the vortex of the tribulation as seen in the visions of the prophets is in the Middle East

All of the prophets do this .... so you need to read them

You show the forum any that you find which do not describe the same region past and future

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
"Nope; that is just your opinion. I want you to tell me where in Scripture it says that all prophecy relates only to the geographical area known as Israel"

The visions of the prophets are all a focus upon Israel in the Middle East surrounded by the nation's virulent enemies

The entire earth will be subject to the Lord's coming judgement .... but the vortex of the tribulation as seen in the visions of the prophets is in the Middle East

All of the prophets do this .... so you need to read them

You show the forum any that you find which do not describe the same region past and future

= your opinion.

Reactions: Douggg
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0