enroute
✟1,401,670.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Noah has been told one week be4 the deluge, may be we will.

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH
That is our our Father's pattern.From Noah to Lord Jesus believers always were given notice of when.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟56,259.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
I think you meant to write "prepared." I can assure you, we will not be disappointed, for God Himself is pretrib. Don't doubt it! Jesus will come to get His bride JUST BEFORE the Day of the Lord and 70th week begins.

But, He is coming for those who are LOOKING FOR His coming. Is it possible a post-tribber can be looking and expecting His coming tomorrow, or the next day? I doubt it.

I meant exactly what I said :grinning:.
I just decided on the fly to say that as opposed to "be prepared to be peppered with disappointed" or "prepare to have thy angus peppered with disappointment". :smilingimp:

Upvote 0

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeh sure many have been raptured, can't you tell....:liturgy:

I just went to a funeral service for a widow where by non of her immediate family, relatives or friends attended as they had all abandoned her in her final hour and day of her rapture. It seems that she was raptured from this life and God called his witnesses to accomodate for the lake of empathy and support shown by her nearest of kins.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟56,259.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Then the Lord will come upon those who forget like a thief in the night. If you are so keen to stop talking about it, why don't you stop listening. Unsubscribe to this forum.

They probably do not grasp the concept of childbirth, which is a metaphor used of the coming approach of the future Kingdom. Oxytocin, a chemical released in the female body during childbirth, works on a positive feedback mechanism, which means the chemical release is a cascade event and does not stop until after birth is completed. Basically, things are going to get worse until after Jesus returns and sets up His kingdom.

Date setting is a form of entertainment, Hebrew "chebar" or intrigue for them. Maybe they should move it to the conspiracy section or start a new one entitled "Intrigues".

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟56,259.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Yeh sure many have been raptured, can't you tell....:liturgy:

I just went to a funeral service for a widow where by non of her immediate family, relatives or friends attended as they had all abandoned her in her final hour and day of her rapture. It seems that she was raptured from this life and God called his witnesses to accomodate for the lake of empathy and support shown by her nearest of kins.

If the rapture occurs prior to the 7-year tribulation like what many of us believe, just imagine the chaos it will cause. Millions of people suddenly disappear; ALL mentally handicapped and children(excluding the unborn since God does not do abortions) under the age of accountability suddenly disappear. I can just imagine the theories of mass alien abductions arising and the mass emptying of many bowels.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That is our our Father's pattern.From Noah to Lord Jesus believers always were given notice of when.
It isn't so much as when, but what.
When doesn't matter so much, we must be prepared, but for what?
What is the next prophesied event? Jesus says:
Luke 21:34-35, Luke 21:25-26 Be on your guard, do not let your minds be dulled by dissipation and worldly cares, so that the great Day catches you unawares, suddenly like a trap, for that Day will come upon everyone the whole word over. Signs will appear in the heavens and on earth peoples will stand helpless, not knowing what to do, as the sea roars and surges. People will faint with terror at the thought of what is coming, as the celestial powers are shaken.
Is this the Return? Hardly, not anything like that glorious event.
Is there a rapture then? No; verse 36 says: Pray for strength to escape what is coming.... Not for Jesus to take us away, but for the fortitude and strength to pass through His Day of wrath. THEN, when Jesus Returns, much later, to stand before Him, having overcome the testing and trials of our faith. 1 Peter 4:12
What is that Day? 2 Peter 3:7 says clearly....the present heavens and earth are being kept for burning.....
Over 70 prophesies describe that coming Day, here are some: Isaiah 66:15-16, Isaiah 30:26-30, Malachi 4:1-3, Zephaniah 3:8, Hebrews 10:27
Know the truth and be prepared to trust the Lord for His protection on that Day. Isaiah 43:2b

Upvote 0

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If the rapture occurs prior to the 7-year tribulation like what many of us believe, just imagine the chaos it will cause. Millions of people suddenly disappear; ALL mentally handicapped and children(excluding the unborn since God does not do abortions) under the age of accountability suddenly disappear. I can just imagine the theories of mass alien abductions arising and the mass emptying of many bowels.

Just wow!

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Then the Lord will come upon those who forget like a thief in the night. If you are so keen to stop talking about it, why don't you stop listening. Unsubscribe to this forum.

I can see absolutely nothing spiritually or intellectually positive about this constant focus on end times as if that were all being a Christian was about. I do see much negative about it though: people unnecessarily subjected to mental and spiritual stress possibly resulting in foolish and/or destructive behaviour; people pushed into treating others disrespectfully; people distracted from trying to make this world a better place. I could go on.

Reactions: Catherineanne
Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"I can see absolutely nothing spiritually or intellectually positive about this constant focus on end times"

Get a new pig Jack .... what you just said is telling

I agree that the argumentation level on an end time forum is rank .... but this goes with the package

What you are observing is the battle between the Lord and Satan .... this is an inescapable controversy .... a fight to the death

And a matter of life, or death for all who look on .... you need to understand this

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,401,670.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I can see absolutely nothing spiritually or intellectually positive about this constant focus on end times as if that were all being a Christian was about. I do see much negative about it though: people unnecessarily subjected to mental and spiritual stress possibly resulting in foolish and/or destructive behaviour; people pushed into treating others disrespectfully; people distracted from trying to make this world a better place. I could go on.

If it disturbs you so much, unsubscribe to this forum. There is no need to subject yourself to such " mental and spiritual stress" that may "possibly resulting in foolish and/or destructive behavior" in yourself. Why put yourself through such misery?

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
"I can see absolutely nothing spiritually or intellectually positive about this constant focus on end times"

Get a new pig Jack .... what you just said is telling

I agree that the argumentation level on an end time forum is rank .... but this goes with the package

What you are observing is the battle between the Lord and Satan .... this is an inescapable controversy .... a fight to the death

And a matter of life, or death for all who look on .... you need to understand this

I do understand your point of view because I used to be you.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
If it disturbs you so much, unsubscribe to this forum. There is no need to subject yourself to such " mental and spiritual stress" that may "possibly resulting in foolish and/or destructive behavior" in yourself. Why put yourself through such misery?

Compassion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I do understand your point of view because I used to be you

Who is the pig Jack?

That photo is from a fund raising charity event.

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to you. Cats look down on you. Pigs treat you as equals." --- Winston Churchill.

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
Know this Jack

2 Peter
1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

2 Timothy
4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Jude
1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

I am not sure 'go away if you are disturbed' is an appropriate message from one believer to another. Do you really think the Lord would have said this to his disciples?

Maybe try, 'What do you find disturbing, perhaps we can help' instead? Just a thought.

And just maybe there is much to be disturbed about in focussing on matters that are at best peripheral to our faith, at worst totally counter to it.

Upvote 0