She got vaccinated the day her fiance tested positive for COVID-19. It was too late for him.

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Again:

This makes him 1 of 7,000~ out of 44,000,000 people in the entire country to have died of COVID-19 in the 30-39 age bracket. 0.016% of the 30-39 age bracket has died of COVID-19 in the US.

COVID-19 deaths by age U.S. July 2021 | Statista

This is very sad. Every COVID-19 death is sad. It's not a joke, it's not a laughing matter. It's very real.

But again, his death is an extreme abnormality and minority. This doesn't mean his death is acceptable, as is often the sick response (that I believe this is an acceptable death) when I point out the facts. He had regrets about not getting the vaccine. Others have regrets for getting the vaccine. In the end, most people survive COVID-19 just fine, and most vaccinated people don't have side effects or complications. None of these headlines (young person dies of COVID-19 or vaccinated person has a stroke) should make the decision for you. Your age, health, and which route you're willing to take the gamble on should be the decision maker; and either way, you'll almost certainly be fine.

My decision is easy. I'm in my early 30s. I had COVID-19 in January. I lost my taste and smell for about a week and a half or so. I had the sickly aches for a couple of days. And then it was over. New research says the antibodies last at least 9 months, and future research might and probably will determine that they have lasted and will last for even longer. So I had COVID-19 and it was a minor illness, my age bracket says I'll almost certainly without a doubt live, and I have antibodies. I'm not taking this shot. It's a risk that I don't need to take.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Again:

This makes him 1 of 7,000~ out of 44,000,000 people in the entire country to have died of COVID-19 in the 30-39 age bracket. 0.016% of the 30-39 age bracket has died of COVID-19 in the US.

This is very sad. Every COVID-19 death is sad. It's not a joke, it's not a laughing matter. It's very real.

But again, his death is an extreme abnormality and minority. This doesn't mean his death is acceptable, as is often the sick response (that I believe this is an acceptable death) when I point out the facts. He had regrets about not getting the vaccine. Others have regrets for getting the vaccine. In the end, most people survive COVID-19 just fine, and most vaccinated people don't have side effects or complications. None of these headlines (young person dies of COVID-19 or vaccinated person has a stroke) should make the decision for you. Your age, health, and which route you're willing to take the gamble on should be the decision maker; and either way, you'll almost certainly be fine.

My decision is easy. I'm in my early 30s. I had COVID-19 in January. I lost my taste and smell for about a week and a half or so. I had the sickly aches for a couple of days. And then it was over. New research says the antibodies last at least 9 months, and future research might and probably will determine that they have lasted and will last for even longer. So I had COVID-19 and it was a minor illness, my age bracket says I'll almost certainly without a doubt live, and I have antibodies. I'm not taking this shot. It's a risk that I don't need to take.
I've known over 50 people who caught it. Though it was not a big deal for most of them, some suffered greatly. 60 years and over suffered the most. 2 people over 70 died from it. My Dad, 72 yo diabetic, was on a ventilator for two weeks.
One anomaly was a 30 yo fit cyclist. It took him months to fully recover.
Another 36 yo, his doctor diagnosed his left side lung with Smokers lung. He never smoked a day in his life.

• Informative
Reactions: St. Helens
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,160,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again:

That was the UK variant then, Jan, very likely, now called Alpha.

This new variant is Delta so we can then look up findings.

Here's something I found:

"Antibodies from 56 people who were infected with SARS-CoV-2 in the past did not neutralize Delta very well, but after one dose of either the AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, or Moderna vaccines, antibodies from all 56 neutralized all four strains. "
-- Stat News

Upvote 0

busrider

Jul 19, 2021
West
✟3,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the article:

She said the newness of the COVID-19 vaccine and the speed that it had been produced gave her and Freedy pause.

I do believe the following is the problem, people have been conditioned that it takes centuries for a vaccine to come out but it is not true. As with this vaccine with enough fire under their buts scientist can get together and make a safe and effective vaccine much faster. I have read somewhere or heard that scientist were working on a vaccine to SARS 1 and modified with some work for Covid. I wish the media gave out the proper info so this couple could still be together and they didn't have pause :(

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,263,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Again:

How are you coming to those conclusions?

The Delta variant can produce up to 1,000 times the viral load of the Alpha variant. It's better at evading the immune system. It's killing more young people.

Just because death may not be all that common in the US, every single death of a young person due to COVID at this point is an avoidable tragedy. People would be well advised not to risk it, and to get vaccinated.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article:

She said the newness of the COVID-19 vaccine and the speed that it had been produced gave her and Freedy pause.

I do believe the following is the problem, people have been conditioned that it takes centuries for a vaccine to come out but it is not true. As with this vaccine with enough fire under their buts scientist can get together and make a safe and effective vaccine much faster. I have read somewhere or heard that scientist were working on a vaccine to SARS 1 and modified with some work for Covid. I wish the media gave out the proper info so this couple could still be together and they didn't have pause :(
Journalism has turned into a sport. Which side wins.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,263,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
From the article:

That's exactly right. The mRNA technology was not cooked up in a Frankenstein lab, it's based on technology that researchers have been working on for decades.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I've known over 50 people who caught it. Though it was not a big deal for most of them, some suffered greatly. 60 years and over suffered the most. 2 people over 70 died from it. My Dad, 72 yo diabetic, was on a ventilator for two weeks.
Another 36 yo, his doctor diagnosed his left side lung with Smokers lung. He never smoked a day in his life.
I am an American Legion Member and serve on the Honor Guard. Just this past year my post has lost three of its members to Covid. Our post Chaplain had his lungs destroyed by the virus. He lingered for 4 months before finally succumbing.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,694.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have a 40-year-old niece who contracted it in March 2020. She is still 100% disabled and has to carry an oxygen tank around with her.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People who can get vaccinated and don't are my textbook definition of stupid.
...and they are ugly,
...and their mothers dress them funny...!

(Give us Valneva!)

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,263,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I have a 40-year-old niece who contracted it in March 2020. She is still 100% disabled and has to carry an oxygen tank around with her.

My mom had and aunt and an uncle both die from COVID in rural Oklahoma. That's about the only loss our family has had with COVID. The rest of us have been lucky and/or cautious enough not to get it.

I am still trying to get my brother to get a vaccine. But he's stubborn. He only focuses on the mortality rate, oblivious to the long term health problems the disease can cause.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Your age, health, and which route you're willing to take the gamble on should be the decision maker; and either way, you'll almost certainly be fine.

Except it's not just a question of one's individual health. The transmissibility of the virus makes it a question of everyone else's health as well.

I still don't understand why this needs to be explained. :/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Except it's not just a question of one's individual health. The transmissibility of the virus makes it a question of everyone else's health as well.

full
(Current vaccines do not block transmission...)

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,278.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Pervasive anti-vaxx propaganda, for a start.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My mom had and aunt and an uncle both die from COVID in rural Oklahoma. That's about the only loss our family has had with COVID. The rest of us have been lucky and/or cautious enough not to get it.

I am still trying to get my brother to get a vaccine. But he's stubborn. He only focuses on the mortality rate, oblivious to the long term health problems the disease can cause.
And we don't know the long term affects of the vaccine either.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,263,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
And we don't know the long term affects of the vaccine either.

Human beings operate in a world of uncertainties all the time, where we might be struck by lightening or killed in a car accident tomorrow, or in a year, or never. Still, we ought to pursue wise choices and be good stewards of the life we have. The probability of being harmed immediately by COVID is what is pertinent.

Upvote 0