Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,733.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
In OBOB on our Pub there , we have a member Anjelica, who we call our Bard :)

Anjelica has been treated for a nasty form of cancer - is now virtually wheelchair bound , has peripheral neuritis and is really 95% blind. She's a joy to us and needless to say since everything she reads has to be in HUGE Font size it takes her a long time to read posts. Writing them is even more of a problem - it gives rise to hilarious spelling at times.

Recently she has started writing poetry - beautiful evocative poetry .

With her permission I have started a thread in OBOB with one - the Kingfisher

Please go and read it , and let her know what you think about it - it's done in a style called a sestina [ hope that's correct ]

Here's the thread http://www.christianforums.com/threads/poem-by-our-own-bard-anjelica.7935477/

She's going through a very tough time at present - copes with a friend who has terminal cancer , a mother who is getting more and more frail by the day and add into that a husband who is also in a wheelchair . Please keep her in your prayers

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Anjelica has been treated for a nasty form of cancer - is now virtually wheelchair bound , has peripheral neuritis and is really 95% blind. She's a joy to us and needless to say since everything she reads has to be in HUGE Font size it takes her a long time to read posts. Writing them is even more of a problem - it gives rise to hilarious spelling at times.

Please go and read it , and let her know what you think about it - it's done in a style called a sestina [ hope that's correct ]

Here's the thread http://www.christianforums.com/threads/poem-by-our-own-bard-anjelica.7935477/

She's going through a very tough time at present - copes with a friend who has terminal cancer , a mother who is getting more and more frail by the day and add into that a husband who is also in a wheelchair . Please keep her in your prayers
After reading that, it puts my own "problems" into perspective.....my prayers to her.....

Reactions: Tallguy88
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Prayers up for this dear lady in Christ.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
She has such a beautiful personality.
I will pray for her, poor thing.

Thanks Anhelyna for lifting her precarious situation up so that we've been made aware of her and be given the grace to pray for our dear sister.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with thee,
Blessed art thou amongst women and
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now and
At the hour of our death.
Amen.

:crossrc:

Upvote 0