Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ROSARIO, Argentina — They came by the thousands, praying for a miracle.

There was the 21-year-old woman who was paralyzed and intubated. The 66-year-old former truck driver who lost his voice two years ago. A 56-year-old who gradually lost his vision.

They rode buses from across the country, camped out overnight and waited in line for hours. Then, one by one, on crutches and in wheelchairs, holding babies and carrying photographs of relatives far away, they approached the woman they hoped would heal them.

And one by one, they started to faint.

At the front of a packed warehouse, 44-year-old Leda Bergonzi placed her hand on each of their foreheads and whispered into their ears. As she blessed them, some grabbed onto her, sobbing uncontrollably. Others collapsed into her arms or dropped onto the concrete floor. Members of her team stood by, ready to catch people as they fell.

“I told myself, I’ll go with all my faith and give it a try,” said Jorge Fernández, a 56-year-old former bricklayer who lost his vision after a traffic accident in 2019 and had traveled to Bergonzi’s ceremony for the sixth time. “Thanks to God and Leda’s touch, I started seeing again.”

Argentina has seen previous cases of charismatic priests attracting large crowds in search of healing, including here in Rosario, Argentina’s third largest city. But Bergonzi looks nothing like them. A lay person, she doesn’t wear robes or veils. She favors skinny jeans and high-top sneakers.

Continued below.

• Informative
Reactions: Pioneer3mm

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A lay person, she doesn’t wear robes or veils. She favors skinny jeans and high-top sneakers.
I also heard the same years ago about Africa. Maybe those people have a stronger spiritual belief, I don't know. I know I didn't buy into that stuff and maybe it was because of the western culture until God proved it to me.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Maybe - possibly - that is for the same reason that Jesus had, in areas of hardened hearts and disbelief. North America has largely entered its "post-Christian" years. Note that after teaching in their synagogues, Jesus received much rejection at Nazareth:

Literally, because of their [Greek] apistia - disbelief, unbelief, faithlessness, "not-faith". When burning, living, zealous, holy "believing" degenerates into mere habitual "being there" at Mass instead of full, active, conscious participation in the once-for-all Passion of Christ, then we are in big trouble.

I say "maybe" because maybe this healing is not of God anyway: The presence and activity of supernatural phenomena is not necessary evidence of God's intervention. There are other spirits around, malicious ones, seeking the ruin of souls, capable of "mighty deeds". Maybe this healing is satanic; and If this in the South were satanic, perhaps he sees no point in corrupting the North; he's assuming victory here already.

Seeking to recognize signs from God is good and important, but chasing after them because of the temporal and passing advantages they may promise, is not good.
I've heard of and 'seen' mighty deeds not from Heaven.
For instance I had a vhs of statues in India that drink milk offered to them.
Fools many.

HOWEVER: note that this makes their Hinduism stronger.
Whereas Jesus says if they're doing it for Him, they cannot speak against Him.
OR
What kingdom could stand if it goes against itself?

The healed people walking away have greater faith, just as they did with Jesus.
He said greater things would be done...

-------------------

According to Myrna Nazzour who heals people with 100% pure extra virgin olive oil exuding from her hands, the Lord said He was sending her to the land of iniquity.
Then she received a request from California Bishop to come visit.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Isn't it a little strange that none of these incidents ever happen in North America?
The era of enlightenment and pageantry far exceed humility needed for faith.

America could conceivably be the scribes of our time.
People praising themselves by high intellect and disregard for the meek or absolute faith.

We don't know the source of this type of faith?

But by the numbers returning to the Lord might be the fruits we judge rather than the characteristic pharisaical way we judge.

For the Lord said 'Let them be, for if they are for us they cannot speak against us.'

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON

full

OBOB Statement of Purpose
OBOB welcomes non-Catholic guests who wish to fellowship or ask respectful questions.
Definition of a Fellowship Post

It is not:

It is not debate.
It is not apologetics.
It is not answering questions related to the beliefs of the group.
It is not teaching in any way on any issue

It is:
Essentially Fellowship is defined as a discussion of topics of association, of companionship - i.e. discussions of things like friends, family, work..... these are fellowship posts. And posts that genuinely offer friendship would certainly be described as fellowship.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0