Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol.... then please tell us, which Lord said it?

That's not Jesus who is quoting the OT written before Jesus was born.
Jesus came to fulfill the scriptures. His actions speak louder than quotes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's not Jesus who is quoting the OT written before Jesus was born.
Who is the Lord of the OT? Didn't Jesus say that He was the I Am that appeared to Moses in the burning bush? Who does the NT say it was with the Israelites in the wilderness?

1 Corinthians 10:1-6
Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
...that' still not Jesus' words.

Then I will ask you the same thing... who is the "Lord" referred to here?
Great! Doesn't need you pointing it out, then, does it?

Maybe you missed the point of the prophets being called to reprove sin in the OT... the same as we are called to do in the NT.

Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Then I will ask you the same thing... who is the "Lord" referred to here?
It's still not Jesus' words, it's someone else's words, claiming them to be Jesus'. That's called hearsay, in evidentiary circles.
Maybe you missed the point of the prophets being called to reprove sin in the OT... the same as we are called to do in the NT.
I know you think you're a prophet, but seriously...

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Separatism is not something
Jesus ever practiced.
- Sky

It is something that He taught...

If he didn't practice it, nor his disciples that shows your separatism
stand is not part of the gospel message.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

But in an entirely different way. Just as Jesus stoning sinners or
calling down fire on cities is not documented.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

With long suffering and not without long suffering.
All gender law differences are void by scripture
and in real life.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
With long suffering and not without long suffering.
All gender law differences are void by scripture
and in real life.
Just because you think it so, doesn't make it so... show me where the Bible condones any previously abhorred sexual sin. Or any thing that was abomination to God?

I'm sorry, but you are patently incorrect that God reversed just this one. The sexual abominations spoken against in the OT, originated in the mind of Satan against God's creation.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just because you think it so, doesn't make it so... show me where the Bible condones any previously abhorred sexual sin. Or any thing that was abomination to God?

You mean where Jesus judged anybody?

But I'll go through it again for the fog:

New International Version
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

New Living Translation
"Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.

English Standard Version
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Berean Study Bible
In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.

Berean Literal Bible
All things therefore, as many as you might desire that men should do to you, so also you do to them, for this is the law and the prophets.

New American Standard Bible
"In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

King James Bible
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Whatever you think you are reading, it is not here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You mean where Jesus judged anybody?

But I'll go through it again for the fog:

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

New Living Translation
"Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.

English Standard Version
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Berean Study Bible
In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.

Berean Literal Bible
All things therefore, as many as you might desire that men should do to you, so also you do to them, for this is the law and the prophets.

New American Standard Bible
"In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

King James Bible
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Whatever you think you are reading, it is not here.
How do any of those translations say that a former sinful behaviour is now pleasing with God?

It's not my standards you are protesting against, it's God's. God's principles never change....

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do any of those translations say that a former sinful behaviour is now pleasing with God? It's not my standards you are protesting against, it's God's. God's principles never change.

Awesome! Exactly!
That's the message repeated many times in scripture....you have no say in the matter.

12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you who judge your neighbor?

Nobody, even God, cares what standards you hold for others.

1"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.

Do Not Judge 1"Do not judge so that you will not be judged.

Romans 2:1 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

Romans 14:10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

1 Corinthians 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes.
He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart.

James 4:11 Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry, but you are patently incorrect that God reversed just this one. The sexual abominations spoken against in the OT, originated in the mind of Satan against God's creation.

He didn't reverse the law. He rescinded your enforcement of any of it.

12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you who judge your neighbor?

People don't' want top give up authority over others.
It's an age old problem.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Hey, if that's your opinion, great. Avoid those sins, then.

It doesn't justify poor treatment of others who disagree with your interpretation, though.

Upvote 0