Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
rather than getting personal, again, if you can think of a logically consistent, secular reason to stop a consenting incestuous relationship, let's hear it?
See, that's the difference between those that follow God and those that chose not to... why would I want to consider logic to explain sinful behaviour. My guide in life in the Bible and what it plainly teaches... I do not ascribe to "secular" reasoning's to justify, modern day apostasy.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
rather than getting personal, again, if you can think of a logically consistent, secular reason to stop a consenting incestuous relationship, let's hear it?
I was asking personal questions, not to mock you but to try and understand exactly what your ideas are on right living? You don't appear to use the Bible as your measure, so I was curious where your limits are?

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was asking personal questions, not to mock you but to try and understand exactly what your ideas are on right living? You don't appear to use the Bible as your measure, so I was curious where your limits are?
I... PERSONALLY... use the Bible. But we're talking about how people should legally be allowed to live in society generally... including people who don't believe what you or I do about the Bible.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
See, that's the difference between those that follow God and those that chose not to... why would I want to consider logic to explain sinful behaviour. My guide in life in the Bible and what it plainly teaches... I do not ascribe to "secular" reasoning's to justify, modern day apostasy.
That's great and all for working out how to live your own life. But we're talking about what everyone else should be allowed to do.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I gave you one very good reason - that much of it is unhealthy. Spreads disease and increases health care costs.

BTW, consent does NOT much enter into what we do to animals today. Why should it be any different in the case of "sexual" perversion? Surely the "arguments" favoring perversion that have very much transformed society so far were about what is done to and by human beings. Animals don't have the same rights so don't pretend that lack of consent is a relevant consideration. This is about justifications given for abominations like perversion "marriage," and how they very much leave open the possibility of further perversions.
And that all sexual perversions should be illegal to try to put a bit of a lid on it's outright promotion and unthinking acceptance.
whatever dude.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's great and all for working out how to live your own life. But we're talking about what everyone else should be allowed to do.
Let's go back to the beginning and realize that my premise in this thread was not to suggest that sinful behaviour should be outlawed, but when sinful behaviour is legitimatized through law, then there is a problem. Homosexuality has existed since the beginning of the fall of man but we even history shows us that when it becomes socially accepted and even lawful, the society as a whole degenerates... think Greek and Roman empires.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Let's go back to the beginning and realize that my premise in this thread was not to suggest that sinful behaviour should be outlawed, but when sinful behaviour is legitimatized through law, then there is a problem. Homosexuality has existed since the beginning of the fall of man but we even history shows us that when it becomes socially accepted and even lawful, the society as a whole degenerates... think Greek and Roman empires.
Um, much like the time you thought the Ottoman Empire "fell" in the 19th Century, I suggest you do a little more historical research before making such claims. The Greeks did JUST FINE with homosexuality a reasonably regular practice. Their "collapse" as such didn't happen until they were militarily conquered by the Romans. Indeed, the arguably greatest period of Greek influence and standing occurred when Alexander, a homosexual, was in charge.

As for the Romans, homosexuality was never really "generally accepted" as such, and their downfall didn't occur until they were well and truly Christianised, and homosexuality was well and truly unacceptable. So if you want to make "see how society degenerates when..." claims, the Romans PROBABLY aren't the guys you want to be making it with.

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I... PERSONALLY... use the Bible. But we're talking about how people should legally be allowed to live in society generally... including people who don't believe what you or I do about the Bible.
NOT talking about people "legally allowed to live," but what they are legally allowed to do. (Presumably "society" includes jails, unfortunately it needs to.)

Usual confusion of the pro-perversion crowd, who can't tell the difference between a human being (body) including ALL that it does, and some particular actions of particular persons. (A confusion they use to try to justify their position, of course.)

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
NOT talking about people "legally allowed to live," but what they are legally allowed to do. (Presumably "society" includes jails, unfortunately it needs to.)

Usual confusion of the pro-perversion crowd, who can't tell the difference between a human being (body) including ALL that it does, and some particular actions of particular persons. (A confusion they use to try to justify their position, of course.)
Was I talking to you?

Upvote 0