Pastor Removed from Board Meeting after Reading Vulgar Book Available to Children at Texas Public School

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Although it contains disturbing descriptions of rape, assault, and incest resulting in the birth of two children, enough to unsettle any adult, the book was placed in the Legacy High School Midland, Texas high school library."

They are not going to stop trying to push this material on kids.

• Informative
Reactions: Vambram

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Although it contains disturbing descriptions of rape, assault, and incest resulting in the birth of two children, enough to unsettle any adult, the book was placed in the Legacy High School Midland, Texas high school library."

They are not going to stop trying to push this material on kids.
Have you read what this book was about? I read what this book was about. And found it to be a good story. That older kids and teens should be able to read. I'm not sure why the pastor was removed.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The first example was kind of ambiguous without some context, but if he thought the rest of them were titillating, he either doesn’t understand literature, or he’s the pervert.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Have you read what this book was about? I read what this book was about. And found it to be a good story. That older kids and teens should be able to read. I'm not sure why the pastor was removed.
He wanted it removed because of inappropriate contentographic descriptions, a lot of what he read from the book was bleeped out. It's not appropriate for children.

• Agree
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He wanted it removed because of inappropriate contentographic descriptions, a lot of what he read from the book was bleeped out. It's not appropriate for children.
According to the article, it was in the library of a high school.

Additionally, the pastor makes a living preaching from a book that contains passages nearly as graphic.

Aaaannnd, according to the article, the pastor is a contributor to TP group that published the article, so this grandstanding was also part of his job.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
According to the article, it was in the library of a high school.

Additionally, the pastor makes a living preaching from a book that contains passages nearly as graphic.

Aaaannnd, according to the article, the pastor is a contributor to TP group that published the article, so this grandstanding was also part of his job.
Just saying the book shouldn't be in school library. American kids are way behind in math and English, no need for this book.

• Winner
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
That someone gets the vapors over it does not strike me as a compelling reason to remove it.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Just saying the book shouldn't be in school library. American kids are way behind in math and English, no need for this book.
No need, especially if Christians like the idea of showing naked pictures of the President's son having sex with a prostitutes on prime time TV.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums