NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
2022 is starting out pretty good. Us oldsters just got a big Social Security raise effective this month. :)
I'm pleased for you OldWiseGuy; praise God!

Happy New Year Senior Eagles!

Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟550,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings, Senior Eagles.
---
7:09 am
East Coast, US
---
Having my second cup of coffee..
---
Currently, I am working on the book project.
- 'Spiritual Awakening/Renewal & Mission in Christian History'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟550,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings, Senior Eagles.
---
7:18 am
East Coast, US
---
Having my second cup of coffee..
---
Waiting for spring time/season..
- March 20..the first day of spring.

Upvote 0

Hoping

Regaining My Faith :)
Mar 8, 2022
USA, Southeast
✟10,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Hi! I'm 67 years old.

I'm going to take a chance that you won't like me and answer the original question of this thread... if I remember it correctly. :) I'm pretty sure that I do. Edit: I went back and looked, and this sort of answers the questions, in a way, kind of....

I was a firm believer in God as a child, but in my teens skepticism about the unseen, and the fact that I had racked up some unanwsered prayers, took over. I've been in and out of religion all my adult life. Skepticism is always in a fight with something about religion that draws me.

So finally I realized that if God does exist, it's the most important thing in the world, and I decided to go with it as much as I can and seek faith as much as I can. I've been reading the Bible, one chapter a day (both OT and NT), praying especially the Lord's Prayer but also my own personal thanks and requests, and seeking fellowship with Christians here. When the doubt thoughts come up--I constitutionally doubt just about everything--I remind myself of that, and remind myself of what the most important thing is. I also remind myself of how many people believe in God and ask myself why I would think I know more than the vast majority of people; that it seems unreasonable to think that this extremely complex world just happened; and I think there are more things but I can't remember them at the moment. Typical. :)

I may never have as much faith as a person who isn't as naturally skeptical as I am, and I regret that, but I will have as much as I can find or be given. God knows that I'm willing. And the things I'm doing give my life meaning and purpose. As for whether my faith is increasing, it's early yet, but I'm having fewer doubt thoughts, and more just going with a natural inclination towards God that I may also have always had.

I won't usually post this long a message, but I kinda wanted to be totally honest with you, and see if someone will welcome me. If they have private messages here, anyone who thinks I shouldn't post here (in the seniors area), because I may not be fully a Christian, send me a message and I'll seriously consider it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Hoping Glad to have you joining us. It's great that you are posting here and have a wonderful testimony.

Since you're reading His Word, your faith will increase. That's according to Rom 10:17. Also, when those doubting thoughts come, God told us how to rid ourselves of them. Immediately focus on the truth about Him and His Word (II Cor 10:5). I selected some favorite verses and rely on those. It was rough in the beginning but found what He said works. (How about that!).

Hope you find your times here rewarding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hoping

Regaining My Faith :)
Mar 8, 2022
USA, Southeast
✟10,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Thanks! I haven't gotten any messages telling me to get lost, so unless I get some, I'll be around.

Today, I didn't get here until almost bedtime, so I'm posting hardly anything.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dear me,. WELCOME!!!

Make up your mind soon. Waffling will get you no where.
None of us are in a position to judge you. did you post in the newbie thread? We can't find you here:)
God bless you and please find your place with God. None of us know when our chance for choice runs out.
Introduce Yourself

This is confusing. I hope you figured it out. Looks like you start a new thread to introduce your self?
PS I hope I didn't sound harsh. Just concerned. Happy Easter:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dear me,. WELCOME!!!

Make up your mind soon. Waffling will get you no where.
None of us are in a position to judge you. did you post in the newbie thread? We can't find you here:)
God bless you and please find your place with God. None of us know when our chance for choice runs out.
Introduce Yourself

This is confusing. I hope you figured it out. Looks like you start a new thread to introduce your self?
PS I hope I didn't sound harsh. Just concerned. Happy Easter:)
I did find this one.
A Newbie Thread

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi! I'm 67 years old.

I'm going to take a chance that you won't like me and answer the original question of this thread... if I remember it correctly. :) I'm pretty sure that I do. Edit: I went back and looked, and this sort of answers the questions, in a way, kind of....

I was a firm believer in God as a child, but in my teens skepticism about the unseen, and the fact that I had racked up some unanwsered prayers, took over. I've been in and out of religion all my adult life. Skepticism is always in a fight with something about religion that draws me.

So finally I realized that if God does exist, it's the most important thing in the world, and I decided to go with it as much as I can and seek faith as much as I can. I've been reading the Bible, one chapter a day (both OT and NT), praying especially the Lord's Prayer but also my own personal thanks and requests, and seeking fellowship with Christians here. When the doubt thoughts come up--I constitutionally doubt just about everything--I remind myself of that, and remind myself of what the most important thing is. I also remind myself of how many people believe in God and ask myself why I would think I know more than the vast majority of people; that it seems unreasonable to think that this extremely complex world just happened; and I think there are more things but I can't remember them at the moment. Typical. :)

I may never have as much faith as a person who isn't as naturally skeptical as I am, and I regret that, but I will have as much as I can find or be given. God knows that I'm willing. And the things I'm doing give my life meaning and purpose. As for whether my faith is increasing, it's early yet, but I'm having fewer doubt thoughts, and more just going with a natural inclination towards God that I may also have always had.

I won't usually post this long a message, but I kinda wanted to be totally honest with you, and see if someone will welcome me. If they have private messages here, anyone who thinks I shouldn't post here (in the seniors area), because I may not be fully a Christian, send me a message and I'll seriously consider it.
Hi Hoping; welcome here. It's fine for you to post in the Seniors thread, and in Golden Eagles generally. :) You fit the age groups and it is not in a Christians Only part of CF.

I think many people question things in their teens. The prayers you prayed may not have been unanswered though, just answered in a different way.

I think that you have reached an important point in realising that this world could not have just happened. Also that you read your Bible, pray and seek the fellowship of Christians. You must have had some Bible teaching as a child so I expect that you know that we can have peace with God by realising that we are sinners, unable to save ourselves from God's punishment, but who can be redeemed by accepting that the Lord Jesus took the punishment for us. Those of us who have done so can attest to the truth of the gospel. :) I hope you find your answers and grow in the faith, as well as enjoy the fellowship here. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Hoping
Upvote 0