Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings, Senior Eagles.
---
6:53 am
East Coast, US
---
I am still working on..the book project.
- Hope to finish this year.
---
Having my second cup of coffee..

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟351,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hope your feeling better.
I wish I could have a cup of coffee but it's been 114 for a few days here and my cooler is struggling:(
Happy day to you:)

Back in the day Zoloft was my choice of happy pills but they made my legs ache. Hmo's don't give you the best choices.

• Friendly
Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Gosh, that is hot returntosender! We've had temps in the 100s F in the UK for a couple of days. Even the sun lovers were struggling. We drank tea (hot) - a British pastime I know :D - but it seemed to help with the heat!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That sounds good. How long do you let it steep? Include fresh ginger?
...just boring dash of milk in tea, cream in coffee :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a nice thread, @rebornfree! I'm just finding it. I hope it stays active; we need each other.

I'm one of the "I don't know how I had time to work" retirees.

This describes me perfectly. I think I am just one of those people who always finds a way to fill up the hours in each day. The time I used to spend teaching, grading papers, developing lesson plans, and a myriad of other activities has turned into time spent in prayer, Bible reading/study, and other Christian reading. Sometimes I feel like I'm not d o i n g enough because I was so active before, but I believe this is what the Lord has for me in this season. At 68, I do still have my eye on the Cloud, though, in case it moves.

The Lord is continuing to teach me how to walk with Him by the Spirit in His Ways, and I still love learning how to follow Him more closely. It is easy for me to spend too much time regretting the ways I missed or dismissed His guidance when I was younger, and I am determined to not start new things by my own logic without His leading as I made a couple of significant life altering decisions that way, the consequences of which I still suffer today.

Blessing to all on this thread who are walking with a hope of hearing, "Well done." Let us finish strong!

Note to @musicalpilgrim - I am praying for you and your husband.
Note to all my Commonwealth brother and sisters - I join you in the sadness of the passing of Queen Elizabeth, but also in the celebration of her life well-lived. She has been such an inspiration to me for many many years. In the past few months, I would get up every morning to check to see if there was any news about her. I think I may have had a feeling her passing was not far off. We will see her again!

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
What a nice thread, @rebornfree! I'm just finding it. I hope it stays active; we need each other.

This describes me perfectly. I think I am just one of those people who always finds a way to fill up the hours in each day. The time I used to spend teaching, grading papers, developing lesson plans, and a myriad of other activities has turned into time spent in prayer, Bible reading/study, and other Christian reading. Sometimes I feel like I'm not d o i n g enough because I was so active before, but I believe this is what the Lord has for me in this season. At 68, I do still have my eye on the Cloud, though, in case it moves.

The Lord is continuing to teach me how to walk with Him by the Spirit in His Ways, and I still love learning how to follow Him more closely. It is easy for me to spend too much time regretting the ways I missed or dismissed His guidance when I was younger, and I am determined to not start new things by my own logic without His leading as I made a couple of significant life altering decisions that way, the consequences of which I still suffer today.

Blessing to all on this thread who are walking with a hope of hearing, "Well done." Let us finish strong!

Note to @musicalpilgrim - I am praying for you and your husband.
Note to all my Commonwealth brother and sisters - I join you in the sadness of the passing of Queen Elizabeth, but also in the celebration of her life well-lived. She has been such an inspiration to me for many many years. In the past few months, I would get up every morning to check to see if there was any news about her. I think I may have had a feeling her passing was not far off. We will see her again!
Thanks for your comment about the thread Little Lantern. When I joined Golden Eagles I was 56; now I am 71 and old enough to be the mother of the young 50-year-olds (lol). We cover a wide age group, so I thought that one thread, at least, could be for those of us of more advanced years and who are probably retired.

Were you a teacher? I trained to be one but ended up training adults in industry instead. You still seem to be busy. I must confess that I am enjoying more leisure these days as well as prayer and Bible reading and the inevitable housework. I don't need to look for things to do though - they seem to find me, usually on the domestic front. At the moment it's spring cleaning and I know it's autumn, but that's how far behind I am!

Like you I made some wrong decisions when younger, which still affect me, and have since learned to seek God more. It's wonderful how things work out when He is in charge. Having read the Bible for many years, these days I enjoy using the notes in my Study Bible to cross reference to other passages. I think that is easier when the Bible is familiar rather than doing it as someone new to it.

As a Brit thank you for your comments about Elizabeth II. It was her funeral today, and it was very moving. I suppose we all must have felt that her time would be soon, because of her age, but only a couple of days before her death she met the new Prime Minister. Although she looked frail it was a shock to find that she had gone so soon after, but at least she didn't have a long illness. She confessed a Christian faith so I think we will see her again. After the symbols of monarchy were removed from her coffin the Dean of Windsor, who was conducting the committal service, referred to her as 'our sister'. I thought that was very apt. She finished strong; I hope we all do too, as you said. :)

Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After the symbols of monarchy were removed from her coffin the Dean of Windsor, who was conducting the committal service, referred to her as 'our sister'.

l noticed that, too. It was also very meaningful to me that after they returned the scepter, orb, and crown, they were placed on the altar acknowledging that a monarch's authority comes from God.
(But, I'm still trying to get used to "Queen" Elizabeth being buried.)

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
l noticed that, too. It was also very meaningful to me that after they returned the scepter, orb, and crown, they were placed on the altar acknowledging that a monarch's authority comes from God.
(But, I'm still trying to get used to "Queen" Elizabeth being buried.)
Yes that's important - the authority coming from God. (I find it strange that she's not here anymore too.)

Talking of finishing strong I've just found this song; I expect many of you know it. It seems particularly relevant to us older ones I thought.

Last edited:
Upvote 0