NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi Pioneer and all Senior Eagles, I hope you all have a good day today. :) I'm up late again!

Very mild in the UK at the moment, but a bit wet. I love autumn too - it's my favourite, except that the house can get a bit cold; it's solid walls so no cavity insulation. Better than being too hot though imo! :D

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I will be 80 on Thanksgiving day this 2021. I won't bother you with all the health problems because I asked God "please don't let my mind go bad" and so far, it is still intact.
Anybody here older than myself?
Me way older. I come from a lineage of descendants that go far beyond a century.

150 years old is not uncommon.

Keep it quiet though, if the scientific community hears about it they will cut me up. To find out why I live for so long. People get so jealous. Some people tell me I am lying when I tell them my age. I do admit I look far too young for my age. Me not mention my age anymore it makes people miserable.

I was talking to a seventy year old fellow the other day, just out of school I thought. He needed knee operations, hip replacement, shoulder reconstructions. He was a diabetic and had a quadruple bypass. God help that fellow.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The coffee is so good this morning.
Did someone mention coffee. Going to the coffee shop is the first thing I do when I wake. I have been a coffee addict longer than most people live. The secret to a long healthy life is that early morning coffee fix.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello all from one of the 70+ year olds. Just at my elevenses now - herbal tea. Running late today and had to take son to hairdresser for hair wash and cut. I'll go tomorrow. Don't like being out of the house too long, due to husband's condition.

It's a bit cold, damp and windy in this neck of the woods - getting more like November than October.

Better get on with a bit of work here - lots to do - looking forward to a weekend break with my sister, brother and sister-in-law. Two other siblings will join us for Sunday lunch.

Be blessed this day!

Gillian

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,093.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I'm only 71, but people/places names are starting to escape me

George Burns (94 when he died) had it summed up.

First, he said, you forget names. Then you forget faces.

Third you forget to pull your fly up.

Last stage you forget to pull your fly down.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I kept dropping things so my daughter got me one of those pick-it-up things (what do you call them?) ... trouble is I keep dropping the pick-it-up gadget so the back's still aching ... it reminds me of the old man who said "these days when I bend down to pick something up I look around for what else I can do while down there".

I think as we age our skin become dry and things slip easily out of our grip. Also our fingerprint ridges wear down, which also weakens our grip.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What were you doing when you heard Kennedy was shot? It seems most people are able to recall the moment, it was so shocking. I was on a bus at night coming home from a party with some friends - in those days we used to carry around little transistor radios with us and played them rather loudly to annoy the older folks ... now I am one of the grumpy older folks :)

I was in the army, stationed in Korea. We were awakened at 4:00 a.m. and assembled to hear that the 'Commander-in-Chief had been assassinated. All forces in Korea went on "Alert" combat readiness status for several days following.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0