✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey you express a blessed life....

I got a hair cut the other day and chatted to the barber about how I appreciated my life - he was blown away... "Folks these days don't talk like that...

There is a great tool of evangelism right there !!!

I appreciate your posts and rejoice with your blessed life.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey you express a blessed life....

I got a hair cut the other day and chatted to the barber about how I appreciated my life - he was blown away... "Folks these days don't talk like that...

There is a great tool of evangelism right there !!!

I appreciate your posts and rejoice with your blessed life.

Carl, interesting to find you here! I didn't realize that you are also a "senior" (what a kind term for us oldies!)

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like many here, I am young at heart...

Age is ridiculous - I am convinced that for the multitalented, many abilities are for the next life...

I started family late - only 6 Grand Children so far... one not yet born.

I wonder if anyone else is a Radio Ham ??

Setting up a remote controlled Global communication system.

I like the question :What have you got in your hand ??

What ever you have - big or tiny - That is all He needs to work out something beautiful.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My sons brakes completely failed on the motorway yesterday...

I had told him what to do if it ever happened.

Kept his cool - came down through the gears - applied hand brake - all safe...

Praise the Lord.

What a relief - they do remember what they are told in a crisis.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Praise the Lord.

Whew!! He's got a great teacher and father.

BTW, do you have father's day in NZ?

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello all! Even though I regularly participate in other subforums debating Christianity and politics I never noticed this forum for us "eagles".

I am 77 and have been a Christian since 1977. Prior to that I was a rock-solid atheist, but the Lord had other plans for me.

My wife of 52 years and I are living out our senior years on a small New Mexico ranch with our dogs and horses. We have two children, living in Hawaii and Florence, Italy, and two wonderful grandchildren (also in Italy).

I hope to participate regularly!

Welcome pescador! I've seen you on some other forums and it's nice to see you here now.

Praise the Lord.

Praise God indeed. That must have been terrifying for him.

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome pescador! I've seen you on some other forums and it's nice to see you here now.

Praise God indeed. That must have been terrifying for him.

He has a cool head and a personal faith.

He has watched God look after us for two decades.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to Golden Eagles, Pescador, and especially to Senior Eagles. You and your wife sound very active in your retirement. I am from Northern Ireland and am married to a retired family doctor, with whom I have 4 adult children, 3 of whom are on the autistic spectrum and 2 of whom live away from home.

Carl, I am a licensed radio ham, but have not operated for a very long time. My husband was the keen radio ham in our family, until he had a stroke last July and now has aphasia as a result, which makes speech and understanding difficult. Have you heard of Wacral - Worldwide Association of Radio Amateurs and Listeners? We are both members of that and have been to several of their conferences in England. The last one we went to - the last conference that was held due to the pandemic - one of the guest speakers was Helen Shapiro. the former child star. She is a lovely person. She is now part of a gospel group known as Hebron. David was President of Wacral until he had the stroke. His callsign is GI4FUM and mine is GI8MIV.

Gillian

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,283.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Carl, glad and thankful your son is ok.

Figured this group would understand more than others - even though she was my husband's sister, she was a very close friend to me. She passed unexpectedly and her services are tomorrow. Know God doesnt make mistakes She really loved the Lord.

My husband and I have faced many severe difficulties during the last 5 years and some are continuing. This is really difficult.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christopher Cox

Aug 26, 2014
Forest Hill, London, UK
✟8,448.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Anyone else here over 65 (and don't mind sharing it :D)? Do you have any comments or thoughts on being an older Golden Eagle, being retired or anything else?

I loved my 60s and really enjoy retirement. I've just turned 70 and my perspective has changed a bit. I like my age and love talking to others who've been through the same stages of life during the same decades. (Although I enjoy being with younger people too.) I can't believe we're 70 now. It feels like 50 but without having to go to work! :oldthumbsup: :D

A couple of things are different though. I've realised that I have to be a bit more careful health wise. I need to be able to do everything for myself, so having a broken limb would be a real bind, and I'm aware of being slightly more frail than a few years ago.

The other is that Heaven has started to feel nearer. Although I think I have a few years left I find it awesome that before very long I'll be in the place where "...There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain... " (Rev 21 v 4b). Sometimes I worry that I have not done enough, but then I tell myself I'm going to Heaven because I have accepted Jesus as my Saviour, not because of anything I've done (apart from believing in Him).

What are your thoughts/experiences?
I will be 74 this September. My photo is a little out of date!! I retired ten years ago. I have a few health issues but nothing to stop me from enjoying life. I live with my Wife who is in her late sixties along with
two Cats. Like yourself I feel I should have done more in my life but as you said we are saved by faith not by works. God Bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I will be 74 this September. My photo is a little out of date!! I retired ten years ago. I have a few health issues but nothing to stop me from enjoying life. I live with my Wife who is in her late sixties along with
two Cats. Like yourself I feel I should have done more in my life but as you said we are saved by faith not by works. God Bless
Hi Christopher, nice to see you. I'm glad that your health issues are not preventing you enjoying life.

I see that you live in SE London. I spent my teens and most of my twenties there. It must have changed since then though - I left in 1978 and currently live near Manchester.

Yes, I'm so thankful that the Lord has saved us and keep telling myself that He has done it all. Praise God!

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LOL---I will wait and see if I get a post from him. Thanks for the welcome.

I might be the aforementioned oldster. I'm 81 (a/o last April).

I feel more lucky and blessed than proud although there's a bit of that in there as well.

Still working but want to retire soon. The pandemic put those plans on the shelf, as well as the housing bubble that's developing.

I enjoy my job, am reasonably healthy, financially sound, great relations with family, however I do feel my years and need more rest than in the past. I tend to be a workaholic so I often overdo and become exhausted.

Still enjoy hunting and fishing, cutting firewood, building things in my wood shop, and pumping a little iron. My son is into powered paragliding and has me almost convinced to take up some sort of flying again. I used to fly fixed wing planes when I was younger. The pandemic has hampered those thoughts as well.

Most of you that are on this forum remember the Ed Sullivan Show I'm sure. I came across a comedy bit by Jackie Mason from years ago that is still hilarious. I post it for your enjoyment.

JACKIE MASON ED SULLIVAN - Bing video

Last edited:
Upvote 0