Sen. Bob Corker says GOP 'extended a hand' to Kavanaugh accuser, vote needs to happen Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
What a bunch of bullcrap from Corker. It's more like they extended a hand to slap her. I agree that the FBI should investigate. Then vote. This is a decision that will impact us for two generations. Rushing it is idiotic.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hopefully the FBI will investigate her bank accounts and search for a money trail. The timing was impeccable no? From what I understand Kavanaugh has been investigated by the FBI six times throughout his career, clean as a whistle six times.

Probably will be found he stole a candy bar from a grocery store when he was six years old.....throw him in the slammer and throw away the key!!

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hopefully the FBI will investigate her bank accounts and search for a money trail. The timing was impeccable no? From what I understand Kavanaugh has been investigated by the FBI six times throughout his career, clean as a whistle six times.

Probably will be found he stole a candy bar from a grocery store when he was six years old.....throw him in the slammer and throw away the key!!
At the risk of sounding insensitive (A) I don't believe her and (B) she's had 30+ years to speak up on this so why wait until now?

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
At the risk of sounding insensitive (A) I don't believe her and (B) she's had 30+ years to speak up on this so why wait until now?

Exactly. There is no evidence to support her claim, at best faint recollection and a side to a drunken story? This reminds me of the story of three young college men accused of violently raping a woman. The media destroyed them, assuming guilt without evidence. Only after the fact, after a trial, all three were found innocent, one piece of evidence placed one of them at a gas station at the time the alleged crime took place. This whole he said/she said case beyond all statutes of limitations stinks to high election Heaven!

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. There is no evidence to support her claim, at best faint recollection and a side to a drunken story? This reminds me of the story of three young college men accused of violently raping a woman. The media destroyed them, assuming guilt without evidence. Only after the fact, after a trial, all three were found innocent, one piece of evidence placed one of them at a gas station at the time the alleged crime took place. This whole he said/she said case beyond all statutes of limitations stinks to high election Heaven!
All true.

The other thing here is that a double standard is becoming more and more obvious in these types of cases. Allegedly, these two were at the same party (year unknown) (location unknown). She claims she was drunk. As it was a party, that's likely to be true. And it's also highly probable that Kavanaugh (if he attended at all) (which isn't known) (because the year isn't known) (the location isn't known either, btw) would've been drunk too.

Two drunk people... and yet, only one of them is being held responsible for their (alleged) actions. The other was drunk as well but is still the victim somehow.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All true.

The other thing here is that a double standard is becoming more and more obvious in these types of cases. Allegedly, these two were at the same party (year unknown) (location unknown). She claims she was drunk. As it was a party, that's likely to be true. And it's also highly probable that Kavanaugh (if he attended at all) (which isn't known) (because the year isn't known) (the location isn't known either, btw) would've been drunk too.

Two drunk people... and yet, only one of them is being held responsible for their (alleged) actions. The other was drunk as well but is still the victim somehow.

I never have had much of a taste for alcohol, I could count on one hand the number of times I've been drunk, and the only time I can recall I lay down on a bed and my head started spinning, and I think I threw up (memory is fuzzy 25 years ago). I rarely drink, when I do, it's wine coolers, the kind that taste more like soda pop. Anyway, without experiencing it (what I am about to get into) myself, I do wonder just assuming both were drunk and at the same party, what their alcohol levels might have been. Again without experiencing myself, I hear that a person can drink enough alcohol to not only impair their senses, but to loose memory and even "black out" or pass out. To say that miscommunication can occur between two drunk people, especially young (under age?) drunk people, is an understatement.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
All true.

Feminists can't make up their mind whether they want to be treated the same as a man or different.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Feminists can't make up their mind whether they want to be treated the same as a man or different.
5tpl340on7n11.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Uh no and no. Does require two to tango though, or at least that's what I've been told, not that I could ever really dance.

Uh yeah & yeah. Well when 2 are doing the tango, both have consented to it.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Uh yeah & yeah. Well when 2 are doing the tango, both have consented to it.

Both are responsible...as teenagers go? How could we ever reach a conclusion about consent about an act that may or may not have occurred 30+ years ago? Let's say both are equally credible, but their stories do not agree, what is the deciding factor? How about evidence or lack of? Maybe she can come up with 30+ year old DNA evidence, boy would that blow socks off! I have strong doubts about it. Does the timing of this not make you the least bit suspicious, not even the least bit convenient?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Both are responsible...as teenagers go?

No, if what she said was true, which her classmates sure do seem to think is the case, she's not responsible for his actions. He was 17 years old. Man enough to do that, man enough to be accountable.

How could we ever reach a conclusion about consent about an act that may or may not have occurred 30+ years ago? Let's say both are equally credible, but their stories do not agree, what is the deciding factor? How about evidence or lack of? Maybe she can come up with 30+ year old DNA evidence, boy would that blow socks off! I have strong doubts about it.

Well, that's why she's called for the FBI to investigate. If he's innocent he should welcome that.

Does the timing of this not make you the least bit suspicious, not even the least bit convenient?

The timing is logical. Her classmates back her up. She talked about him attacking her back then. She told her husband about it years ago. She told her therapist about it. She's speaking up now on account of the fact that this man is in a position to make judgements that will impact our country for generations, and his judgement is in question. Anita Hill got death threats for years for coming forward. Hardly a surprise that she was timid about it.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, if what she said was true, which her classmates sure do seem to think is the case, she's not responsible for his actions. He was 17 years old. Man enough to do that, man enough to be accountable.

Well, that's why she's called for the FBI to investigate. If he's innocent he should welcome that.

The timing is logical. Her classmates back her up. She talked about him attacking her back then. She told her husband about it years ago. She told her therapist about it. She's speaking up now on account of the fact that this man is in a position to make judgements that will impact our country for generations, and his judgement is in question. Anita Hill got death threats for years for coming forward. Hardly a surprise that she was timid about it.

We shall see how this all shakes down. I'd be curious how many classmates were actual witnesses, or if this is another high school popularity contest where the nerd, is still unpopular. I actually have no clue how well either were liked, nor whatever connections either have with classmates. I did listen to one female classmate decry her allegation though, and other females who worked with him for years. Even Bush Jr. is pulling for Kavanaugh, which kinda surprises me knowing how he dislike Trump. I suspect he knows Kavanaugh better than we do.

What leads you to think Kavanaugh is opposed to an investigation? From what I've heard, it may be a no show on her part.

This is all about delay before Nov elections, hoping for that "blue wave" which I think is dreaming of seashores.

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
We shall see how this all shakes down. I'd be curious how many classmates were actual witnesses, or if this is another high school popularity contest where the nerd, is still unpopular. I actually have no clue how well either were liked, nor whatever connections either have with classmates. I did listen to one female classmate decry her allegation though, and other females who worked with him for years. Even Bush Jr. is pulling for Kavanaugh, which kinda surprises me knowing how he dislike Trump. I suspect he knows Kavanaugh better than we do.

What leads you to think Kavanaugh is opposed to an investigation? From what I've heard, it may be a no show on her part.

This is all about delay before Nov elections, hoping for that "blue wave" which I think is dreaming of seashores.

I respect President Bush in a lot of ways but that doesn't mean that the allegations against Kavanaugh aren't true. Mrs. Bush caused the death of a classmate when she was 17. I like her a lot, I think of her as being one of our best First Ladies. That doesn't change what happened when she was a teen.

Trump needs to order the FBI investigation but very likely won't. Of course. Why the rush? The country went for what - 10 months with 8 justices on account of never having a hearing for Garland. I think if Kavanaugh isn't confirmed, that'll motivate more Republican voters. We'll see what happens.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Dems are trying to start a witchhunt for obstruction.

What a silly thing to write. Ironic to boot considering that Republicans obstruction a SCOTUS nominee for what.....10 months? He wasn't even afforded a hearing.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What a silly thing to write. Ironic to boot considering that Republicans obstruction a SCOTUS nominee for what.....10 months? He wasn't even afforded a hearing.
You're talking about at the end of Obama's second term. So let's discuss that when we are at the end of Trump's second term if he nominates another for the SCOTUS at that time.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
You're talking about at the end of Obama's second term. So let's discuss that when we are at the end of Trump's second term if he nominates another for the SCOTUS at that time.

So what that it was the end of Obama's term? The obstructionism of Republicans - not all, mind you, but enough - meant that our Supreme Court was incomplete & less effective for 10 dang months. Merrick Garland never got a hearing. It was head up the rear end stupidity but they were proud of it. Now they're wanting to rush through somebody & whining that Democrats are trying to be obstructionists. It's pathetic, but more than that it's unpatriotic. The nominee needs to be thoroughly & properly vetted, not rushed through on account of Trump's games. Hopefully Trump will never get the chance to nominate another SCOTUS judge. Since there's no indication the others are going to retire & despite some of them being older than him they've got the discipline to keep themselves fitter than Trump. I'd bet on him dying before RBG.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I just think the whole timing of these charges are suspect. What happened to the statute of limitations? 30 something years ago?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.