Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
With that attitude we would have never had freedom... because going to war with England certainly endangered people.

As you know, we fought the war precisely because British control harmed the colonists. Why do you think the colonies revolted?

You just proved my point for me.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As you know, we fought the war precisely because British control harmed the colonists. Why do you think the colonies revolted?

No you proved mine. We are being harmed by excessive control. The colonists would never have stood for it.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just as in the beginning the media was quick to pounce (suggesting an agenda) on those doctors who questioned the whole shebang.

There was that lady MD Trump endorsed who thought it was about sex with demons or something.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

No you proved mine.

You just admitted that the colonists threw out the British because they were harming us.

We are being harmed by excessive control.

Trump thought so..
iu

Some people even equated it to sending Jewish people to gas chambers.

The colonists would never have stood for it.

Actually, they were a lot more controlled by government than we would allow today. Would you like to learn about that?

Attachments

• upload_2021-7-29_8-17-29.png
    upload_2021-7-29_8-17-29.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I woke up this morning feeling fine and now I'm really worried. As someone who has refused the jab I should be suffering but I'm not...? All the newspapers and Science worshippers on Christian Forums tell me I should be spluttering my lungs out on a ventilator and that I'm due a certain death from a cold virus with a 99.9% survival rate because I'm unvaccinated. But I'm not, so what is wrong with me exactly? I'M SCARED.

I'd go and get the heckin' jab so I could feel like crap, risk getting blood-clots and still be able to get Covid but I'd be ousted from the Republican party if I did and there's nothing more important to me than my politics, not even my own life!! I'm deeply concerned by my health being as good as it is. What am I doing wrong? Soon enough I'll be the last of the unvaccinated and that is a lonely existence. Who will I share my 5G, microchip conspiracies with then? Someone please hold me.

• Haha
Reactions: Jake Arsenal
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
But I'm not, so what is wrong with me exactly? I'M SCARED.

Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated
An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 107,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 1.1%.

The takeaway? Poor judgement kills.

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 107,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 1.1%.

The takeaway? Poor judgement kills.

Per the latest from CDC I'm in the age group that has 99.98% survival rate from the actual disease (not the vaccination, I think the vax would make my odds worse). You're in the 94.6% age group so you have my sympathy.

May our heavenly Physician of our souls and bodies, who have sent your Only-begotten Son our Lord Jesus Christ to heal all our ailments and deliver us from death: visit and heal your servants "The Barbarian" (forgive me I don't know your real name) and myself, granting us release from pain and restoration to health and vigor, that we may give thanks unto You and bless You holy Name, of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen :crossrc:

Be well, friend.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I woke up this morning feeling fine and now I'm really worried. As someone who has refused the jab I should be suffering but I'm not...? All the newspapers and Science worshippers on Christian Forums tell me I should be spluttering my lungs out on a ventilator and that I'm due a certain death from a cold virus with a 99.9% survival rate because I'm unvaccinated. But I'm not, so what is wrong with me exactly? I'M SCARED.

I'd go and get the heckin' jab so I could feel like crap, risk getting blood-clots and still be able to get Covid but I'd be ousted from the Republican party if I did and there's nothing more important to me than my politics, not even my own life!! I'm deeply concerned by my health being as good as it is. What am I doing wrong? Soon enough I'll be the last of the unvaccinated and that is a lonely existence. Who will I share my 5G, microchip conspiracies with then? Someone please hold me.
Do I detect just a hint of sarcasm?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Per the latest from CDC I'm in the age group that has 99.98% survival rate from the actual disease (not the vaccination, I think the vax would make my odds worse).

You're very easily fooled, if you think so.

You're in the 94.6% age group so you have my sympathy.

I have some more bad news for you...

A doctor's warning about COVID: The delta variant is killing young and healthy people
A doctor's warning about COVID: The delta variant is killing young and healthy people

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Where was all the public outcry back in the day before they started tampering with existing vaccines?

They've always tuned vaccines to the current variants. New flu vaccine every year. Thought you knew.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
OP sounds hysterical.

You don't need to get overwrought about it. It's just an observation of what's happening in Missouri. People are realizing that they need to get vaccinated, but want to keep it secret because people they know will be upset with them.

May the Lord have mercy on you.

And all of us. Remember, this isn't a time to get hysterical. It's time to think rationally about these things. Back up a bit, get an iced tea, sit back in the chair and think about it.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've already had covid, but thanks for the worries.

My daughter, her husband, and her daughter had it. She was donating antibodies for a time. Then they went away. The bad news is, you can get it again. And get it worse, the next round.

Upvote 0

Jake Arsenal

Mar 2, 2021
Celestial City
✟47,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep. That's it. As in "do what you will, but don't impose on anyone else." You see, both clauses are necessary for freedom.

Barbarian asks:
Does society have the right to tell people that they must not put others at unnecessary risks if they want to use public spaces? Or does our personal freedom override those concerns?
Freedom overrides those concerns until someone does something that actually causes property damage or harm/death to others. Freedom is personal responsibility; under actual freedom, a person could drink and drive but only be punished if they actually encroached on another person's rights. This same society which now restricts this freedom previously outlawed all alcohol consumption during Prohibition for the same reasons.

Ar the point where there is no compelling public interest in doing so, specifically when it abuses or endangers others. Hence, if a guy wants to look at inappropriate content, it's his business, and no one else's. If he wants to force others into sex, or to involve minors, then society has a right to tell him not to do that.
There are many groups which would disagree with you about that. There are groups advocating for treating inappropriate contentography as a crime like prostitution.
Is inappropriate contentography Truly a ‘Victimless’ Crime? | inappropriate contentography
Pro-Life series: inappropriate content is not a Victimless Crime
Opponents of inappropriate contentography contend it's not 'harmless' or victimless | Baptist Press
inappropriate content: A Victimless Crime?
inappropriate content is never a victimless crime
inappropriate content is Victimless? - What Would You Say

Where it doesn't harm or endanger others or impede their freedoms.
Society as a whole gets to decide what that constitutes? The Massachusetts Bay Colony determined that Quakers(Society of Friends) endangered their society, so they were banished upon pain of death, and some were executed for their faith.

Upvote 0