Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Freedom overrides those concerns until someone does something that actually causes property damage or harm/death to others.

No. The law rightly keeps you from anything that endangers others.

This same society which now restricts this freedom previously outlawed all alcohol consumption during Prohibition for the same reasons.

Which was Constitutional, because it didn't violate any rights therein. However, it wasn't for the same reasons we don't allow drunk driving.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Society as a whole gets to decide what that constitutes?

The Constitution decides. It stands against what Washington referred to as the tyranny of the majority.

The Massachusetts Bay Colony determined that Quakers(Society of Friends) endangered their society, so they were banished upon pain of death, and some were executed for their faith.

The colonists were just exercising their freedom to do as they wished. Are you beginning to see why that can't be unlimited?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
previously stated that DNA from space aliens is being used in medicine
So we are being inoculated to protect aliens from getting a cold or from them giving us whatever they have when they arrive. Sounds logical on a global scale for a global event. :) .

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So we are being inoculated to protect aliens from getting a cold or from them giving us whatever they have when they arrive. Sounds logical on a global scale for a global event.

You'd have to ask her. Or Trump. I suspect that he endorsed her because she was peddling hydroxychloroquine, and he never realized the other crazy ideas she was touting.

Upvote 0

Jake Arsenal

Mar 2, 2021
Celestial City
✟47,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Constitution decides. It stands against what Washington referred to as the tyranny of the majority.
Prohibition was the Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.

The colonists were just exercising their freedom to do as they wished. Are you beginning to see why that can't be unlimited?
No. The Massachusetts Bay Colony passed laws which violated the rights and freedoms of others. That's called tyranny. You spoke earlier about the American Revolution, but the American Revolution was in violation of the law. Those who revolted were committing a capitol crime because they believed the law was violating their rights.

Since crime is the violation of law, laws enacted to prevent crime make no sense. The Constitution guarantees the right to be innocent until proven guilty, but prevention of crime(pre-crime) presumes guilt because of a perceived risk.
In regards to your earlier example of drunk driving(which was still the number 2 cause of car accidents in 2020), I assert that the massive penalties for drunk driving make no sense when compared to the minor fines imposed for speeding(the number one cause of car accidents in 2020). These prevention of risk laws(pre-crime) are not being applied fairly. Since speeding results in more accidents than drunk driving, shouldn't speeding being punished more severely?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Prohibition was the Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.

And it was Constitutional, since it didn't violate an other part of the Constitution.

The colonists had complete freedom, which they used to oppress others. Today, no one in the United States has such a freedom. And it's a very good thing. Do you see why?

The Massachusetts Bay Colony passed laws which violated the rights and freedoms of others. That's called tyranny.

Tyranny is just one or more people who are completely free to do as they will, with one of those things being violating the freedoms of others.

Since crime is the violation of law, laws enacted to prevent crime make no sense. The Constitution guarantees the right to be innocent until proven guilty, but prevention of crime(pre-crime) presumes guilt because of a perceived risk.

In regards to your earlier example of drunk driving(which was still the number 2 cause of car accidents in 2020), I assert that the massive penalties for drunk driving make no sense when compared to the minor fines imposed for speeding(the number one cause of car accidents in 2020).

It makes sense that a crime with higher penalties is probably going to be committed less often than one that has a lesser penalty. Currently:

The Top Causes of Car Accidents on the Road

25 of the most common causes of car accidents include:

1. Distracted Driving. Distracted drivers are the top cause of car accidents in the U.S. today.
  2. Speeding. Speed kills, and traveling above the speed limit is an easy way to cause a car accident.
  3. Drunk Driving. Driving under the influence of alcohol causes car accidents every day, even when they are one the top causes that can be avoided.
Top Causes of Car Accidents: The 25 Leading Causes of Road Accidents
etc.
However, as Robert Peel wrote nearly 200 years ago, it is not the penalty that deters crime, but the certainty of being caught. There is also the issue of public attitudes; most people regard drunken driving as despicable, while they are somewhat more tolerant of speeding. That also means different level of deterrence.

Since speeding results in more accidents than drunk driving, shouldn't speeding being punished more severely?

I think the ability to speed without being caught is the issue. Speed limits are routinely violated, and often, police don't enforce them very strictly.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look how people are being treated TALKED ABOUT that don't want to get the shot. It can be confusing when CDC keeps flipping. We were told get the shot you will be protected (just weeks ago) Biden just said it on TV! . NOW CDC says even if you get the shot you can still get the covid and get sick.. hearing some are getting really sick. So get the shot.. you can still get covid and you can still carry it. So many of these posts in different threads about Covid or just news.. praise GOD can really lean just one way or the other.. best not to touch those.. keep your eyes on CHRIST! Any problem you have put CHRIST in it :) He loves you .. never left you..

Something that does not get said much is about the DRUG...their words? "we don't know what the long term side effects will be". Me? I have do put my faith in MY GOD His word.. He has always kept HIs word..no matter how dark scary it got..gets.. standing.. you stand on HIs word. You can look around you .. doubt will come running in! His word says just what you will receive when we doubt. Knowing He hears you.. you know you have the petitions you asked for. His word is His will. You don't wait till something bad happens to try to stand in faith..

What does not get said enough by believers is JESUS CHRSIT king of kings lord of lords is REAL!

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Look how people are being treated TALKED ABOUT that don't want to get the shot. It can be confusing when CDC keeps flipping. We were told get the shot you will be protected (just weeks ago) Biden just said it on TV! . NOW CDC says even if you get the shot you can still get the covid and get sick..

The message is the same. Even before the roll-out, the vaccine was acknowledged to be about 90% effective against infection and 94% effective against serious symptoms. The Delta variant is a bit different, but from data so far, not much different than that.

Something that does not get said much is about the DRUG...their words? "we don't know what the long term side effects will be".

The vaccine? We have pretty good data on that, since vaccines against influenza are very similar to some of the COVID vaccines. But everything is a matter of probabilities.

Me? I have do put my faith in MY GOD His word.. He has always kept HIs word..no matter how dark scary it got..gets.. standing.. you stand on HIs word.

How do you know that He didn't give the researchers the ability to find a vaccine to protect you?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In some cases, they can become incorporated into our DNA and even be recruited to form new genes:

Nat. Rev. Genet. 2012 Mar 16;13(4):283-96. doi: 10.1038/nrg3199.
Endogenous viruses: insights into viral evolution and impact on host biology
Well, now I remember being told something like, that cancer can be caused by a virus . . . maybe I should say, certain viruses.

After all, viruses are said to get into cells, in order to reproduce. So, they might do some part-time job of playing around with the host cell's DNA.

So, this could mean a virus can alter DNA. But does this happen due to the virus grabbing the DNA and remaking it . . . or indirectly by changing chemistry in the cell so certain chemicals get loose to damage the human's DNA - - and this possibly in some random way . . . something that would not make it very helpful for conspiracy people or medical well-meaning people?

So, yeah, some people, I see, might feed on something like this and decide there is a conspiracy to give people a virus which can change our DNA so we all are the way the conspirators want us to become. And/or, ones might think, a vaccine could be developed with whatever a virus would use to alter everyone's DNA.

That would take ones capable enough of developing the technology, plus having the control. Of course, what they develop for genetic therapy could be shanghaied.

There is only one catch to this. My DNA does not decide my identity in the sight of God, not what physical DNA produces. All my DNA has been able to do is effect physical characteristics . . . but not the spiritual character of my personality. And only Jesus can change our character in a really right way . . . and give us the personality transplant that we really need!

But abusers can at the most control people with fear, but they miss out on finding out how to love, by doing this. And likewise if anyone did do a mass-change of people's DNA, this would not change people to know how to love. Only God can do this.

An abuser or conspirator might succeed in fooling and controlling some number of people, but then all he or she has is foolish people . . . ones who can be so fooled. And he or she can never trust them, because he or she always will know how they can be fooled . . . maybe now by someone else. So, we need to love people, by helping them to become wise so they can't be fooled; because if we want to fool someone, we want the person to stay able to be fooled, and this is not loving the person.

So, in case ones are trying to control people or fool people, concerning the vaccines . . . this is costing them themselves, very dearly.

But fearing is not loving, too.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment." (in 1 John 4:18)

So, in case we let ourselves get infected with fear about all this, this is a problem, too. And fear can change our personality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, now I remember being told something like, that cancer can be caused by a virus . . . maybe I should say, certain viruses.

Many different cancers are caused by viruses. This is why kids are now being vaccinated for HPV; vaccination can prevent cervical cancer.

After all, viruses are said to get into cells, in order to reproduce. So, they might do some part-time job of playing around with the host cell's DNA.

Correct.

So, this could mean a virus can alter DNA.

Not common, but it can happen; endogenous viruses are inactivated and incorporated into the host DNA as non-coding DNA. Sometimes, these bits of DNA mutate and can actually form functional genes.

But does this happen due to the virus grabbing the DNA and remaking it . . . or indirectly by changing chemistry in the cell so certain chemicals get loose to damage the human's DNA - - and this possibly in some random way . . . something that would not make it very helpful for conspiracy people or medical well-meaning people?

Mostly the way I mentioned.

So, yeah, some people, I see, might feed on something like this and decide there is a conspiracy to give people a virus which can change our DNA so we all are the way the conspirators want us to become.

No one knows how that might be done, if it's possible at all. But conspiracy theorists don't need facts or reason.

There is only one catch to this. My DNA does not decide my identity in the sight of God, not what physical DNA produces. All my DNA has been able to do is effect physical characteristics . . . but not the spiritual character of my personality. And only Jesus can change our character in a really right way . . . and give us the personality transplant that we really need!

You're right. We aren't our genes. And while genes might indeed predispose us to certain behaviors, God gave us minds and natural law that St. Paul spoke of that justifies the gentiles, that tells us there are things that are right and things that are wrong. We don't need to comply with our predispositions.

• Informative
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is not the difference in that it sheds faster and in greater quantities than the beta version?

And it tends to strike down younger people. And now, there's some indication that there's a version that is also more virulent than previous variants.

But given the data on how effective existing vaccines are against it, there's not that much difference. Less, it seems than between influenza variants from year to year.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And now, there's some indication that there's a version that is also more virulent than previous variants.
The Lambda?

Just a thought but in their desire to possibly have the m-rna technology (originally developed by Monsanto for disease/pest/chemical resistance in crops and as a weapon against mites for bees) and now possibly against cancer due to it's targeting abilities, could all of this just be one big human test now that they cannot be held liable, and we may end up with a cure for many deadly things??

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Lambda?

Just a thought but in their desire to possibly have the m-rna technology (originally developed by Monsanto for disease/pest/chemical resistance in crops and as a weapon against mites for bees) and now possibly against cancer due to it's targeting abilities, could all of this just be one big human test now that they cannot be held liable, and we may end up with a cure for many deadly things??

That would mean that the Chinese government, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, pretty much all epidemiologists, vaccine research teams, and who knows who else, were all involved in a huge, convoluted conspiracy that was able to anticipate a number of random events, in order to make it all work.

Seems unlikely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Seems unlikely.
Unless it was part of the Corporative global government's Great Reset build back better agenda of which they are all apart of (except for maybe Trump who seemed to be a rogue element that usurped a WEF member by the name of Clinton).

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
  • Haha
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Maybe...
iu

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Propaganda. The Twilight Zone was unwittingly created to have us believe our everyday world is reality, when in truth all Christians should know it is built upon lies. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Jake Arsenal
Upvote 0