• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Scripture Chain

Discussion in 'Non-denominational' started by Kristen, Feb 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edjones

edjones Active Member

+0
    John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

2. RNwannabe

RNwannabe Chronic Cat Collector

+0
    Proverbs 23:23

Buy the truth and sell it not; also wisdom and instruction and understanding.

3. tericl2

tericl2 A Work in Progress

+6
    Christian
    So Hezekiah said to Isaiah, "The word of the Lord which you have spoken is good!" For he said, "Will there not be peace and truth at least in my days?" 2 Kings 20:19 (NKJV)

4. RNwannabe

+0
    Ooooh Peace is a good one! :)

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

5. Martin

Martin Senior Veteran

+12
    Christian
    Married
    John 16:33
    "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace . In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

NASB

6. edjones

edjones Active Member

+0
    Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

7. Kristen

Kristen Blah Blah

+28
    Christian
    Luke
    13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
    14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace , good will toward men.

8. RNwannabe

+0
    1 Corinthians 14:33

For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace as in all churches of the saints.

9. tericl2

+6
    Christian
    Psalms 4:8 (NIV)
    I will lie down and sleep in peace , for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.

10. Blynn

Blynn Well-Known Member

+78
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace , and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Romans 14:17

11. Martin

Martin Senior Veteran

+12
    Christian
    Married
    John 14:27
    Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid
    NIV

12. RNwannabe

+0
    James 3:17

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of MERCY and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

New word: Mercy :)

13. tericl2

+6
    Christian
    Habakkuk3:2
    LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O LORD. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy .

14. RNwannabe

+0
    Psalm 23:6

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

15. edjones

edjones Active Member

+0
    Psalm 85:10 Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.

16. RNwannabe

+0
    Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Luke 6:36

17. tericl2

+6
    Christian
    James 5:11 (KJV)

"Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy ."

18. Holycanaan

Holycanaan New Member

+0
    KJV~~Titus 3:5~~
    Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his MERCY he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost. :) <><

19. Martin

Martin Senior Veteran

+12
    Christian
    Married
    Eph 2:4-6
    But God, being rich in mercy , because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
    NASB

20. Kristen

Kristen Blah Blah

+28
    Christian
    For the LORD [is] good; his mercy [is] everlasting; and his truth [endureth] to all generations.

Ps 100:5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.