• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Scripture Chain

Discussion in 'Non-denominational' started by Kristen, Feb 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristen

Kristen Blah Blah

+28
    Christian
    This will be a scripture chain. I will post the first scripture with the key word in bold. Then we just keep posting scripture with the same word in it until we want to change the word.

I think this would be good study and fun.

Matthew 14:31
    And immediately Jesus stretched forth [his] hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith , wherefore didst thou doubt?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. TheBear

TheBear Free Agent

+1,694
    Atheist
    Private
    Romans 1:17

For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from FAITH to FAITH; as it is written, "The just shall live by FAITH."

John

3. MizDoulos

MizDoulos <font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Oh, Kristen, you are so creative! Love your idea!!!

My Scripture contribution . . .

1 Peter 1:5-8 (NKJV)

"But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."

4. Blynn

Blynn Well-Known Member

+78
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Matthew 8:26

And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith ? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

Roberta

5. Martin

Martin Senior Veteran

+12
    Christian
    Married
    Heb 11:6
    6 And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

NASB

6. Martin

Martin Senior Veteran

+12
    Christian
    Married
    S o r r y !

Should have put faith in bold.....

7. RNwannabe

RNwannabe Chronic Cat Collector

+0
    Verily I say unto you, if ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

(Most of) Matthew 17:20

8. hagiadzo1999

hagiadzo1999 New Member

+0
    "Consequently, faith cometh by hearing the message, and the message is heard by the word of Christ."~Romans 10:17

BTW~cool idea Kristen ;)

~N~
    <><

9. tericl2

tericl2 A Work in Progress

+6
    Christian
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope forand certain of what we do not see" Heb. 11:1 (NIV)

10. solo66 man

solo66 man Well-Known Member

+2
    2 Peter 1

4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;

6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;

11. truthseeker2758

truthseeker2758 New Member

+0
    Gal 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
    Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

12. RNwannabe

+0
    And to the angel of the church of Pergamos write: "These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;

I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name and hast not denied my faith even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where satan dwelleth

Revelation 2:12-13 KJV

13. Kristen

Kristen Blah Blah

+28
    Christian
    ROMANS 1:17
    For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith : as it is written, The just shall live by faith .

Feel free to change the word at any time :)

Either we can just change it or pick a word out of the very last post and go from there. What do you think?

14. Didymus

Didymus can t spell--can t type

+8
    Protestant
    And now abideth FAITH, hope,charity these three--I Cor. 13:13
    This is a great idea

15. RNwannabe

+0
    Okay how about a new word. (Tell me if I do this wrong :p )

And now abideth faith, hope, charity these three--

1 Cor 13:13

16. StogusMaximus

StogusMaximus Well-Known Member

+7
    Protestant
    "Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee" Psalms 33:22

17. Mandy

Mandy Well-Known Member

+7

Psa 31:24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

18. RNwannabe

+0
    Rejoicing in hope ;
    patient in tribulation;
    continuing instant in prayer.

Romans 12:12

19. Martin

Martin Senior Veteran

+12
    Christian
    Married
    Romans 5:5:
    "and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

NASB

20. VeraciousMaven

VeraciousMaven Jesus Saves!

+2
    1 Corinthians 13:4 - 7

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

(sorry ... I couldn't leave this out...)

1 John 4:8
    Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

God bless!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.