• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Scripture Chain

Discussion in 'Non-denominational' started by Kristen, Feb 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RNwannabe

RNwannabe Chronic Cat Collector

+0
    Kinda confused as to which word we are on so...

Matthew 7:21-23

Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven. But he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    22: Many will say to me in that day Lord, Lord have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

2. TheBear

TheBear Free Agent

+1,655
    Atheist
    Private
    "And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell." (James 3:6)

3. RNwannabe

+0
    But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities the chastisement of our peace was upon Him, and with His stripes we are healed!

Isaiah 53:5

4. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+22,622
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Yikes, getting tough!

I dug this one up. :p

Return, O Israel, to the Lord your God. Your iniquities have been your downfall!
    Hosea 14:1

5. MizDoulos

MizDoulos <font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Bless the Lord, O my soul,
    And forget not all His benefits;
    Who forgives all your iniquities,
    Who heals all your diseases,
    Who redeems your life from destruction,
    Who crowns you with lovingkindness and other tender mercies,
    Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

(Ps. 103:2-5)

6. RNwannabe

+0
    How about grace? Theres gotta be a lot for grace ;)

And he said unto me, My GRACE is sufficient for thee. For my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the Power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Corinthians 12:9

7. Kristen

Kristen Blah Blah

+28
    Christian
    For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.

Romans 5:17

8. RNwannabe

+0
    But He giveth more grace . Wherefore He saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

James 4:6

9. MizDoulos

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being let away with the error of the wicked; but grow in grace and knowledge fo our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.

(2 Pe. 3:17, 18)

10. TheBear

TheBear Free Agent

+1,655
    Atheist
    Private
    "And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work." (Rom 11:6)

John

11. gzuznme

gzuznme New Member

+0
    And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.

Zechariah 12:10

12. RNwannabe

+0
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God:
    9: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

13. Martin

Martin Senior Veteran

+12
    Christian
    Married
    2 Cor 9:8
    And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed ;

Believe it....!!

14. tericl2

tericl2 A Work in Progress

+6
    Christian
    "May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word." II Thes. 2:16,17 (NIV)

15. MizDoulos

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Col. 3:17

16. gzuznme

gzuznme New Member

+0
    But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth?

2 Chron. 6:18

17. RNwannabe

+0
    John 3:18-19

He that believeth on him is not condemned; but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God

19: And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil

18. tericl2

tericl2 A Work in Progress

+6
    Christian
    "In your majesty ride forth victoriosly in behalf of truth, humility, and righteousness; let your hand display awesome deeds. Psalms 45:4 (NIV)

19. RNwannabe

+0
    John 14:6

Jesus saith unto them I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me.

20. MizDoulos

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

John 8:32

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.