• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Science vs. Christian

Discussion in 'Creation & Theistic Evolution' started by Robert6671, May 7, 2019.

1. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+932
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    Why "door, kidneys, corners" are obviously not literal, but evenings and mornings during creation obviously are? What rule do you work with?

2. KomatiiteBIF

KomatiiteBIF Well-Known Member

+1,486
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    "Truth is not dependent on how long something has been accepted, or how new it is"

You should tell this to the person who suggested that science changes year after year.

3. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth

+3,250
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    The point is, truth is always truth. Science should continually change as theories and ideas, taken to be facts, are continually updated with new observations that disprove it, or observations that support it.

Science should be a winding path that follows discoveries. It should not be a set idea, established as fact... then tossing out, ridiculing, hiding and destroying any evidence that leads away from this dogma.

Today, mankind has firmly established an old earth, evolution and other atheistic ideas, as solid fact. These are taught in our schools and universities and anyone who questions them... is discredited...

That is not science. That is a religion.

4. JacksBratt

+3,250
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    Simple logic...

If a cop wrote in his note pad that the event took place three days ago.... and also wrote in his notes that the murderer left no evidence and this closed the door on their search....

How would you take it?

Come on man.... you cannot tell the difference? OR.... don't want to.

The way I see it.... Every week I work at my job for 5 days and at home for one day and then I rest on Sunday, which is my rest day... this reminds me of the literal six days of creation.

Then, I see a rainbow in the sky, today, on the way to work and it reminds me of the real, total earth covering flood, that God said He would never do again.

I also take communion on the first Sunday of every month, to remember Christ's death and resurrection in His work on the cross for my salvation.

All are real... not one is a myth, allegory, metaphor or parable....

In the end, all will be revealed..... Men have been wrong so many times throughout history... they will be found to be wrong many more times... They are wrong about anything that contradicts the canon.

5. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+932
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    Actually, neither the big bang theory nor the old earth nor evolution was discovered by atheists.

6. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+932
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    Genesis is not a criminal record by a cop. Its a dramatical scene polemic with pagan creation stories, showing that all the creation is under the command of one God.

7. JacksBratt

+3,250
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    How does who initiated the view in any way shape or form determine it's truth? Even if they are Christian... they can have incorrect views.

8. JacksBratt

+3,250
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    With the ages of that time being 500 years plus. Adam knew Methuselah who knew Noah s boys who knew Abraham and Issac....The whole idea that these are folk stories passed down over generations... is incorrect.

9. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+932
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    I do not know, you started to call it "atheistic ideas".

10. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+932
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    Only if you rely on the genealogies to be literal and complete.

Not sure what you mean.

11. Tone

Tone Star Fish Radiant Supporter

+1,586
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    @JacksBratt Hey on a side note (if it's anybody's business), why does @Jimmy D have "JacksBratt" in his signature...is it some kind of cool phrase or something?

12. KomatiiteBIF

KomatiiteBIF Well-Known Member

+1,486
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I firmly agree that the above are established facts. And I'm more than happy to discredit people who disagree.

Thankfully we are in charge of school curriculums.

13. JacksBratt

+3,250
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    Are you saying that these ideas are not atheistic? No matter who dreams them up, they are ideas that show anti biblical views and, in the end, no need for a God or creator.

14. Tone

+1,586
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    What does evolution say about the Commandments of God?

15. JacksBratt

+3,250
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    Oh, so now even the ages are not literal... What else then? Jesus walking on water? Angels speaking to Abraham and Lot? Moses standing in front of a dry sea bed?

Or, do you just choose the scripture that fits with your man made beliefs?

Usually when people start talking about the validity of the OT, especially Genesis, and are using terms like "dramatical scene polemic with pagan creation stories"
    They are down playing the solid integrity of these events as written.

16. JacksBratt

+3,250
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    IDK, what does it say?

17. JacksBratt

+3,250
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    Who is JimmyD?

18. Tone

+1,586
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Another member...click his name! He's got "JacksBratt" in his signature!

19. Tone

+1,586
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I don't know...

Any evolution champions know of anything?

20. JacksBratt

+3,250
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    LOL it's a quote of what I said about someone... probably him..