United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Absolutely! Thanks for asking!
One of the Easter Eggs is the blessings of God opening up the Earth to scientist so that we can understand God's Creating process through evolving change over time. The science involved in the process has even opened up process for medications and many of our geological resources that our society needs such as oil, iron, copper, ect, ect.
I'll agree with this on a micro level, but not macro. How's that? :)

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'll agree with this on a micro level, but not macro. How's that? :)
The only difference between micro and macro is time. We have observed macroevolution directly. For all of their noise and bluster creationists cannot find a limit to evolution. Heck! They cannot even define "kind" properly.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do folks realize that God cares about science.

It is simply a pursuit of truth concerning what He has made.

In recent times Carl Popper, a believer, was inspired to define the 'experimental method' which helped to steady the ship of science in the wake of pressure from those wanting to include the 'paranormal' into scientific pursuits.

We have much to rejoice about, in particular medical science that has seriously reduced suffering on the earth.

It is a privilege to discover the wonders of His creation, and this learning will never end.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,042.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Do folks realize that God cares about science.
Evidence/references please?
Carl Emerson said:
It is simply a pursuit of truth concerning what He has made.
More like a pursuit of consistent thinking .. and integrity.
Carl Emerson said:
In recent times Carl Popper, a believer, was inspired to define the 'experimental method' which helped to steady the ship of science in the wake of pressure from those wanting to include the 'paranormal' into scientific pursuits.
Karl Popper .. (Let's be consistent .. and tell the truth there, eh?)
Carl Emerson said:
It is a privilege to discover the wonders of His creation, and this learning will never end.
More like its a privilege to discover the wonders of how we make sense of our own perceptions ..

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi.

Some see me as anti-science, so I thought I would set the record straight.

Since I do a lot of discussion that is insulting to science, I'll show the positive side of what I think.

I think God gifts us scientists for two major reasons:

1. To seek out and find "Easter eggs" that He embedded in the earth at creation.

My favorite example is the discovery of oil. God embedded oil in the earth during the Creation Week, to be discovered when the right time came. Other discoveries, such as minerals and whatnot make our lives better and keep technology moving forward.​

2. To keep religion in check and make sure certain beliefs (religious or otherwise) get nullified.

Alchemy, flat earth, geocentrism, and Phlogiston come to mind here as good examples.​

3. Science pursued to its ultimate end will lead to God.

As long as science keeps asking questions with an open mind, it will eventually find the ultimate Truth. Kind of a long way to go about it, but we get a lot of cool Easter Eggs in the process!
4. Science can be fun!

Especially for those who are using it to further God's will.​

It's when science goes up against the Bible, that I have an issue with it.

Note: Credit to Jacks, my Brother In Christ, for points 3 and 4. :oldthumbsup:

Can anyone else think of a way that science is a blessing in our lives by serving God's purposes?
“But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.” Daniel 12:4 (KJV 1900)

We are seeing a precise sign of the end.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
“But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.” Daniel 12:4 (KJV 1900)

We are seeing a precise sign of the end.
No argument there, Dave.

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hi.

Some see me as anti-science, so I thought I would set the record straight.

Since I do a lot of discussion that is insulting to science, I'll show the positive side of what I think.

I think God gifts us scientists for two major reasons:

1. To seek out and find "Easter eggs" that He embedded in the earth at creation.

My favorite example is the discovery of oil. God embedded oil in the earth during the Creation Week, to be discovered when the right time came. Other discoveries, such as minerals and whatnot make our lives better and keep technology moving forward.​

2. To keep religion in check and make sure certain beliefs (religious or otherwise) get nullified.

Alchemy, flat earth, geocentrism, and Phlogiston come to mind here as good examples.​

3. Science pursued to its ultimate end will lead to God.

As long as science keeps asking questions with an open mind, it will eventually find the ultimate Truth. Kind of a long way to go about it, but we get a lot of cool Easter Eggs in the process!
4. Science can be fun!

Especially for those who are using it to further God's will.​

It's when science goes up against the Bible, that I have an issue with it.

Note: Credit to Jacks, my Brother In Christ, for points 3 and 4. :oldthumbsup:

Can anyone else think of a way that science is a blessing in our lives by serving God's purposes?
AV thinks he can gaslight us. lol

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't see Science as going up against the Bible ever, but the Scientists who teach that there is no God.

Science alone cannot form an opinion. It gloriously displays a portrait of our Lord and Savior. It ALWAYS points to the Creator regardless of what men of science sadly choose to believe.
Yours is an argument from incredulity. It satisfies or explains nothing.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
The problem with science is that it has eliminated so very many instances where gods seemed necessary for their sheer explanatory power.
If given the opportunity, how would science prove or even test for said explanatory powers?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If given the opportunity, how would science prove or even test for said explanatory powers?
Explanatory power is in the mind of the beholder. If an explanation works for you, thats explanatory power. I mean, what else could the "power" be about? Its the power to satisfy the explainee, as it were. The explained phenomenon couldnt typically care less.

So what things have had explanatory power is more a question for historians and anthropologists than physical scientists.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Reality is not defined by individual perception... or lack of it.
Yes and No.
There is group understanding of reality. And in the same breath there is also individual perceptions of reality that develop.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The problem with science is that it has eliminated so very many instances where gods seemed necessary for their sheer explanatory power.
I believe God stunted the growth of science at the Tower of Babel, since technology was growing too rapidly.

Genesis 11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes and No.
There is group understanding of reality. And in the same breath there is also individual perceptions of reality that develop.

I am discussing reality as an absolute - not our perception of it.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,042.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
You miss the point entirely...
Really?:
Carl Emerson said:
SelfSim said:
More like its a privilege to discover the wonders of how we make sense of our own perceptions ..
That is your perception...
Truth is independent.

Carl Emerson said:
Reality is not defined by individual perception... or lack of it.
No .. we were talking about truth (see the above).

Now, I'm happy to also conclude (with supporting objective test evidence) that 'reality' means whatever we decide it means, (after all, its our human, English word), and that it is completely undemonstrable claiming that some (any) 'thing' exists independently from the mind which perceives it, because it still takes a mind to perceive that some, or any-, 'thing'!

Applying this to the case of the blind person, their mind still perceives. If your completely unevidenced notion that reality must exist independently from that blind person's mind by simply deleting that person completely, as though they don't count, then your failed gambit is quite transparent to me.

Different minds perceive in different ways .. (and a blind person is no different). In the case of non-blind people, colour can be demonstrated as varying and in some cases, bizarrely so. Did you ever see the notorious internet 'blue dress' image controversy a few years back? There was radical disagreement on what colour the dress actually was (ie: 'in reality').
ETA: See here for the real 'truth' in the 'blue' dress controversy:

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 8.12.00 am.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.