• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Science as a Blessing

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by AV1611VET, Apr 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+41,307
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hi.

Some see me as anti-science, so I thought I would set the record straight.

Since I do a lot of discussion that is insulting to science, I'll show the positive side of what I think.

I think God gifts us scientists for two major reasons:

1. To seek out and find "Easter eggs" that He embedded in the earth at creation.

My favorite example is the discovery of oil. God embedded oil in the earth during the Creation Week, to be discovered when the right time came. Other discoveries, such as minerals and whatnot make our lives better and keep technology moving forward.​

2. To keep religion in check and make sure certain beliefs (religious or otherwise) get nullified.

Alchemy, flat earth, geocentrism, and Phlogiston come to mind here as good examples.​

3. Science pursued to its ultimate end will lead to God.

As long as science keeps asking questions with an open mind, it will eventually find the ultimate Truth. Kind of a long way to go about it, but we get a lot of cool Easter Eggs in the process!
    4. Science can be fun!

Especially for those who are using it to further God's will.​

It's when science goes up against the Bible, that I have an issue with it.

Note: Credit to Jacks, my Brother In Christ, for points 3 and 4. :oldthumbsup:

Can anyone else think of a way that science is a blessing in our lives by serving God's purposes?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. SelfSim

SelfSim A non "-ist"

+1,016
    Humanist
    Private
    Why don't you set the record straight by removing "SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE" from your avatar, then?

3. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+6,548
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Well, no, it's when your interpretation of some aspect of science goes up against your interpretation of the bible that you have an issue. And since it really is just you being unable to reconcile two of your interpretations, it's an issue that ends with you as well.

4. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+7,342
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Science being only the study of nature, the work to learn how nature works, it can never truly go against the Creator of Nature, even if some one theory might seem to -- when it seems to disagree one of the theories is wrong, and as you point out, the wrong theory can be (has been quite a few times) the one that is an interpretation (usually with added assumptions!) someone made up starting with something they don't understand fully (or correctly) in scripture. Right along with 'flat earth' are other mistaken ideas such as the mistaken assumptions (with added ideas from outside of scripture) used to imagine 'young earth' stuff.

5. AubreyM

AubreyM Active Member

+161
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Science is neat, many useful things can be done and used in the mixing of chemicals, having experiments with differing elements.

They use Radar technology, to scan the sky to see the weather patterns, and have alarm system in place, to warn others (though they probably arent all that effective but they are there to use).

Our definition of science - The Science Council ~ Science it has all kinds of different facets with-in the word itself which is the according to Google: Science: is the pursuit and application of knowledge and understanding of the natural and social world following a systematic methodology (This process is on that links first page) based on evidence ... Evidence.

Experiment and/or observation as benchmarks for testing hypotheses.

6. AV1611VET

+41,307
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Fair enough.

7. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Regular Member

+9,978
    Atheist
    Single
    Correction, it is when science goes up against your interpretation of the Bible that you have a problem. The science is very clear. Your interpretation is wrong at best.

8. AV1611VET

+41,307
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    You got ninja'd by Tanj in Post 3. ;)

9. sjastro

sjastro Newbie

+1,665
    Christian
    Single
    Deleted.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  10. jacks

jacks Er Victus Supporter

+2,075
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I could add a third reason. Science pursued to it's ultimate end will lead to God. As long as science keeps asking questions with an open mind, it will eventually find the ultimate Truth. Kind of a long way to go about it, but we get a lot of cool Easter Eggs in the process!

Now that I think about it I can think of a fourth reason. Science can be fun. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. AV1611VET

+41,307
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Right on, Jacks! Okay with you if I edit my OP accordingly?

12. MMXX

MMXX Jesus Loves You

+1,103
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Can I have it?

13. jacks

jacks Er Victus Supporter

+2,075
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Of course. Maybe make it an open ended question of how science can be a blessing and serves God's purpose.

14. AV1611VET

+41,307
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    ^_^ That made my day!

Help yourself!

15. AV1611VET

+41,307
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Thank you, sir!

16. Subduction Zone

+9,978
    Atheist
    Single
    Yep, I am not the only one that can see the obvious.

But thank you for pointing that out. I gave him an "agree" rating. He definitely deserved it.

17. AV1611VET

+41,307
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Great minds think alike, don't they? ;)

18. Melody Suttles

Melody Suttles SingPeace Supporter

+377
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I don't see Science as going up against the Bible ever, but the Scientists who teach that there is no God.

Science alone cannot form an opinion. It gloriously displays a portrait of our Lord and Savior. It ALWAYS points to the Creator regardless of what men of science sadly choose to believe.

19. Subduction Zone

+9,978
    Atheist
    Single
    What scientists teach that there is no God? I know that some argue against the existence of a God, but I do not think any of them teach that. But you are wrong. Nothing in the sciences points towards a god. Upper case or lower case, it just does not do that.

Of course it does not say "there is no god" either.

20. dlamberth

dlamberth Senior Contributor Supporter

+2,086
    Other Religion
    US-Others
    Absolutely! Thanks for asking!
    One of the Easter Eggs is the blessings of God opening up the Earth to scientist so that we can understand God's Creating process through evolving change over time. The science involved in the process has even opened up process for medications and many of our geological resources that our society needs such as oil, iron, copper, ect, ect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.