Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been battling my thoughts and emotions. I have been having doubts plague my mind about God's existence and it is scaring me so much. I want to believe and trust in God but I don't know how to. I used to have a relationship with Him. I didn't feel distant and I never doubted Him or His existence. Now I feel like I have separated myself from God forever and that there is no hope for me whatsoever. That God didn't choose me as His elect. I don't want to live a life of unbelief. I have asked God so many times to help me believe and trust in Him again. To help me through this but it doesn't seem like my prayers are working. I feel hopeless, lost, and alone. I want God to just help me believe in Him again. Why can't I move past this? I'm sacred. I don't want to reject the Lord. I don't want to give up. I don't want to live a life of unbelief. Please, someone, help me. What can I do? I have been praying constantly. Asking for Him to just do something. Asking for reassurance. I haven't been reading my bible on my own but I have with some friends. I just don't know why I can't hear, feel, or sense him. Why my mind takes these things and then doubt His existence. I'm scared please help me.

Bless you my friend what you are experiencing is an attack from the evil one. I want you to think about this very important fact. I can see by your post that you are in torment. You wouldn’t feel this torment if you didn’t truly love God. If you didn’t love Him you wouldn’t feel anything you wouldn’t care about your relationship. YOU DO LOVE GOD. I’ve been in this same situation. That’s why your feeling pain inside because the evil one is putting doubt in your heart. What you need to do is relax and take that sinking feeling inside you as proof of your love for God and know that it is genuine. I tell you I struggled with this myself and it took a while before I realized that the pain and torment I felt was the very proof that my love for God was real. Use that to defeat the evil one who is trying to trick you. Remember that anything that separates you from God is from the evil one and never forget that ultimately he has no power over you. No one can snatch you from The Father’s hand. John 10:29.

Upvote 0

SalemsConcordance

Oct 5, 2020
Westcoast
✟36,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
From Fr Kosmos, which has helped me the last week. This is Eastern Orthodox, but I pray it helps you:

When someone comes to the church early, they do find reading easy, prayers easier, and it is Gods gift, but then – where we start going off the rails - we believe it’s from us (and not grace) – that’s where then God has to take it away because its dangerous for us. That’s why grace left you to make sure you see who you are! However, grace will return with confession that you acknowledge you fell into deception, delusion, pride, run to confession with repentance.

Pride makes us think its 'easy' to pray and love God. So you are fighting with the enemy, as BNR has stated, so you can become stronger - by giving yourself to God more freely.

We think we struggle to become ‘holy’ – but we are forgetting we can’t become ‘holy’ without going through humility and repentance. Everyone wants to go ‘here to here’ the highest level! It doesn’t work like that, it’s like building a house roof-first, without a foundation.

Upvote 0