• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Feel afraid God wont help me

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm so scared bc I'm not doing my fast perfectly. I didn't read much. I prayed but probably not enough. I'm doing all this on very little sleep and drinking energy drinks just so I can get up and get my kids, clean my home,make dinner and go to work.

I called my Dr's office still no luck.

I'm so afraid God won't help me. I feel I'm not someon3 he cares for and I have to twist his arm to care about som3thing major like this.

I'm afraid God will let me d*e

I'm scared b c I can't get God to care anymore than I need him too. I'm terrified b c I'm doing all I know. Idk what else to do besides scream.

I have so much going for me I don't get why I'm dealing with this now.

I wish there were help for me. I feel hopeless

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah 51:12-13
Could you list prayer lines?? I feel I'd be better calling them so I won't spam this site every time a wave of anxiety or depression hits.

I feel so bad right now and I have work. Idk if I can go to work. I feel like crying. I'm tryingnmy best to "stay here" I hope God gives me grace if anything happens bc I'm trying so hard.

I just want relief. I don't even know why I feel this way. I'm so afraid God won't help me .. I'm afraid he'll just let me d*e.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I'm doing all this on very little sleep and drinking energy drinks just so I can get up and get my kids, clean my home,make dinner and go to work.
Been there, seen it, done it. Remember life does change and kids do grow up. Faster then you would think and your life will be different at some point in the future. But what about today. The one rock solid fact is, God does not ever disappoint us and He will cause all things to work together for good. Now what is the condition, we have to delight ourselves in the Lord. This means we need to flush all the negativity out of our mind and only allow positive thoughts. If you abide in the scriptures that is positive thinking. I printed out a lot of scripture and pasted them on my wall and that can help. Just to read one of them. So you have to decide are you going to be positive or negative. Because God hates it when people grumble and complain. As they say we need to count our blessings one by one.

As the old Bing song says:
You got to ac-cent-tchu-ate the positive
E-lim-i-nate the negative
And latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mr. In-between
You got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum
And have faith, or pandemonium
Liable to walk upon the scene

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Could you list prayer lines?? I feel I'd be better calling them so I won't spam this site every time a wave of anxiety or depression hits.

Contact Moody and ask them to schedule an appointment with Pastor Larry. He heads the benevolence ministry which includes the prayer team.

Write out a prayer request and email it to Moody. The address is here. They'll add you to the bulletin which the church and prayer groups pray over during the week.

Send a prayer request to Rick Renner's ministry. They'll message you back and stand with you in prayer.

I've limited my suggestions to things I know personally.

~bella

Upvote 0