Prosper
✟19,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have been battling my thoughts and emotions. I have been having doubts plague my mind about God's existence and it is scaring me so much. I want to believe and trust in God but I don't know how to. I used to have a relationship with Him. I didn't feel distant and I never doubted Him or His existence. Now I feel like I have separated myself from God forever and that there is no hope for me whatsoever. That God didn't choose me as His elect. I don't want to live a life of unbelief. I have asked God so many times to help me believe and trust in Him again. To help me through this but it doesn't seem like my prayers are working. I feel hopeless, lost, and alone. I want God to just help me believe in Him again. Why can't I move past this? I'm sacred. I don't want to reject the Lord. I don't want to give up. I don't want to live a life of unbelief. Please, someone, help me. What can I do? I have been praying constantly. Asking for Him to just do something. Asking for reassurance. I haven't been reading my bible on my own but I have with some friends. I just don't know why I can't hear, feel, or sense him. Why my mind takes these things and then doubt His existence. I'm scared please help me.

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Abba Yah please Breathe Your Holy Breath into this Body and raise us up into the heavenly places with Messiah, far above all other powers, that we may hear Your Voice and know that You are our Comforter and our Defense in Yahshua ha Mashiach. Amen.

I have been battling my thoughts and emotions. I have been having doubts plague my mind about God's existence and it is scaring me so much. I want to believe and trust in God but I don't know how to.

Just breathe and tell Him this.

I don't want to live a life of unbelief

The noise of the enemy is at work to confuse you and instill fear. Ask Abba for His Spirit to empower you to love those around you and to show you your gifts for Kingdom building.

I just found a song that I have been looking for for a while and it was this verse that helped:

I will hold to
the fold of your robe
Should the Devil himself,
come to claim me

Here's the song, if you'd like to hear:

Yah bless you my friend. Shalom.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I have been battling my thoughts and emotions. I have been having doubts plague my mind about God's existence and it is scaring me so much. I want to believe and trust in God but I don't know how to. I used to have a relationship with Him. I didn't feel distant and I never doubted Him or His existence. Now I feel like I have separated myself from God forever and that there is no hope for me whatsoever. That God didn't choose me as His elect. I don't want to live a life of unbelief. I have asked God so many times to help me believe and trust in Him again. To help me through this but it doesn't seem like my prayers are working. I feel hopeless, lost, and alone. I want God to just help me believe in Him again. Why can't I move past this? I'm sacred. I don't want to reject the Lord. I don't want to give up. I don't want to live a life of unbelief. Please, someone, help me. What can I do? I have been praying constantly. Asking for Him to just do something. Asking for reassurance. I haven't been reading my bible on my own but I have with some friends. I just don't know why I can't hear, feel, or sense him. Why my mind takes these things and then doubt His existence. I'm scared please help me.
When I read your post, I see a whole lot about feelings. Can I tell you that feelings are not faith? Faith is founded on truth and reality. If you have $500.00 in the bank, it is there whether you feel like it or not. God asks us to trust Him, whether we feel like it or not. We need to go by God's facts. They are the basis for faith. Some people say, "Just believe!" Sure. But believe what? So we must allow God's word to be our reality, not what we feel. Someone I knew well (now passed away) used to say that in order for him to lose his salvation, someone would have to go back in time and stop Lord Jesus dying and rising again. My friend's faith was based entirely on what Lord Jesus did, not on his own thoughts, feelings or works.

The great thing about living in truth instead of feelings is that feelings will begin to be joyful as we get stronger in the truth. And we can get to the place where feelings mean nothing. We just know what we know is real. Everything that argues against it is false and we just reject it.

We also need to be careful with our new heart. We must confess any known sin because sin causes a loss of fellowship with God. We also need to forgive anyone who has offended us for the same reason.I can help you if you have an unforgiveness problem.

Upvote 0

sunflower14444

May 15, 2020
Prosper
✟19,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When I read your post, I see a whole lot about feelings. Can I tell you that feelings are not faith? Faith is founded on truth and reality. If you have $500.00 in the bank, it is there whether you feel like it or not. God asks us to trust Him, whether we feel like it or not. We need to go by God's facts. They are the basis for faith. Some people say, "Just believe!" Sure. But believe what? So we must allow God's word to be our reality, not what we feel. Someone I knew well (now passed away) used to say that in order for him to lose his salvation, someone would have to go back in time and stop Lord Jesus dying and rising again. My friend's faith was based entirely on what Lord Jesus did, not on his own thoughts, feelings or works.

The great thing about living in truth instead of feelings is that feelings will begin to be joyful as we get stronger in the truth. And we can get to the place where feelings mean nothing. We just know what we know is real. Everything that argues against it is false and we just reject it.

We also need to be careful with our new heart. We must confess any known sin because sin causes a loss of fellowship with God. We also need to forgive anyone who has offended us for the same reason.I can help you if you have an unforgiveness problem.

I have had a lot of bitterness, hurt, and frustration towards someone. They have hurt me deeply and have been for a while. I went a month unaware of this until I came back to the presence of God and He showed me the character I had that month. I repented of it but I still see some resentment and anger towards that person. If you could help me, that would mean a lot to me.

Upvote 0

sunflower14444

May 15, 2020
Prosper
✟19,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Abba Yah please Breathe Your Holy Breath into this Body and raise us up into the heavenly places with Messiah, far above all other powers, that we may hear Your Voice and know that You are our Comforter and our Defense in Yahshua ha Mashiach. Amen.

Just breathe and tell Him this.

The noise of the enemy is at work to confuse you and instill fear. Ask Abba for His Spirit to empower you to love those around you and to show you your gifts for Kingdom building.

I just found a song that I have been looking for for a while and it was this verse that helped:

Here's the song, if you'd like to hear:

Yah bless you my friend. Shalom.

Thank you for your response. I went into prayer after I read your response

Upvote 0

Duke of Stratford

One day at a time.
Jun 2, 2019
America
✟33,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’ve been feeling the same way quite often as of late. I wish I could say I have a piece of cure-all advice, but I don’t.

The best thing we can do when we struggle with doubt is to look to Christ. In the gospels, we see many people, including some of Jesus’ closest followers (Thomas, Peter, and John the Baptist!) overcome with doubt and struggle to trust Jesus. But Jesus doesn’t get angry with them; He shows them grace and helps clear away their fear. He reassures them—He appeals with Himself and the things He has done!

In the Psalms, many of the writers (including David) express fear and the feeling of being distant from God. But they remain in hope, even with their despair. And then we have Job, who was so incredibly faithful, wrestling and struggling in his relationship with God.

And outside the Bible, some of the most renowned Christians like Martin Luther, Charles Spurgeon, and Mother Teresa struggled with doubt and despair.

My point is, us doubters are in good company. What’s important is to be honest with God. Sometimes just say, “God, I’m having trouble feeling You today,” but keeping faith regardless. Like Aussie Pete said, faith and feelings aren’t the same. Internalizing that is easier said than done. But remember, faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains! Sometimes our faith is very, very small, but Jesus is its object, and that is what matters.

I know it’s hard, and I’m praying for you. You aren’t alone, and He is with you, whether you feel Him or not.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wish I knew what to say to help. I've been where you are and it troubled me too. But as I've aged, I've learned to do what Paul taught - take every thought captive that's contrary to the knowledge of God. So for example, when I "feel" he's far away, I reject that thought as a lie, choosing instead to believe his word:

Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off? Jeremiah 23:23

It really does help to read his word on our own - we need to know the truth in order to recognize the lie.

Upvote 0

sunflower14444

May 15, 2020
Prosper
✟19,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I’ve been feeling the same way quite often as of late. I wish I could say I have a piece of cure-all advice, but I don’t.

The best thing we can do when we struggle with doubt is to look to Christ. In the gospels, we see many people, including some of Jesus’ closest followers (Thomas, Peter, and John the Baptist!) overcome with doubt and struggle to trust Jesus. But Jesus doesn’t get angry with them; He shows them grace and helps clear away their fear. He reassures them—He appeals with Himself and the things He has done!

In the Psalms, many of the writers (including David) express fear and the feeling of being distant from God. But they remain in hope, even with their despair. And then we have Job, who was so incredibly faithful, wrestling and struggling in his relationship with God.

And outside the Bible, some of the most renowned Christians like Martin Luther, Charles Spurgeon, and Mother Teresa struggled with doubt and despair.

My point is, us doubters are in good company. What’s important is to be honest with God. Sometimes just say, “God, I’m having trouble feeling You today,” but keeping faith regardless. Like Aussie Pete said, faith and feelings aren’t the same. Internalizing that is easier said than done. But remember, faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains! Sometimes our faith is very, very small, but Jesus is its object, and that is what matters.

I know it’s hard, and I’m praying for you. You aren’t alone, and He is with you, whether you feel Him or not.

Thank you so much for this. I really appreciate this

Upvote 0

sunflower14444

May 15, 2020
Prosper
✟19,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I wish I knew what to say to help. I've been where you are and it troubled me too. But as I've aged, I've learned to do what Paul taught - take every thought captive that's contrary to the knowledge of God. So for example, when I "feel" he's far away, I reject that thought as a lie, choosing instead to believe his word:

Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off? Jeremiah 23:23

It really does help to read his word on our own - we need to know the truth in order to recognize the lie.

I am trying to read it on my own and have realized that my doubts shouldn't keep me from doing that. Thank you so much and I will make sure I keep that verse near to my heart

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am trying to read it on my own and have realized that my doubts shouldn't keep me from doing that. Thank you so much and I will make sure I keep that verse near to my heart

I have always found the Psalms comforting in dry seasons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have had a lot of bitterness, hurt, and frustration towards someone. They have hurt me deeply and have been for a while. I went a month unaware of this until I came back to the presence of God and He showed me the character I had that month. I repented of it but I still see some resentment and anger towards that person. If you could help me, that would mean a lot to me.

This reminds me of a sermon I heard when I was 17 years old at a retreat in Germany as my father was stationed there at the time. Sometimes we hold onto our bitterness as the preacher put it, I like my anger it keeps me warm at night. Now, I am not saying this is you but it came to mind. Yes, bitterness towards others is caustic to any relationship with Christ. Christ told us to forgive and the simple and sometimes hard to see truth is the forgiveness is not for the person who wronged you, it is for you. If you forgive you move on and the issue is left behind, you are no longer enslaved by what that person or persons did to you. You are free and it was for this reason Christ came, to set you free. Free from sin and its consequences. Free from guilt and bondage that comes with it. Free from being hurt and free from carrying that hurt as baggage and resentment. Be free, forgive and live. Live for Christ.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unbelief.

Your voice turned me utterly insane,
believing your suggestions
thinking there is no God.
For you betrayed my Good Life,
pushing me into that bottomless pit,
into fiery Hell for years on end.

Flying right through my reality,
your miserable voice dividing
myself against myself,
your taunts attacking faithful self,
hopelessness cutting me up,
your lies barring access to true Life!

No faith feeding my starving soul,
instead doubt, confusion and terror,
false evidence locking my hopes away,
devoid from true self or any good thing,
torturing me in those dark dungeons,
you only ever set out to murder me!

Dear sister

The best is to realise that you have been serving God with your feelings and that can be very tricky. i know for i used to rely on my feelings and kept loosing God as well.

So scary, doubting God, don't you reckon? As if a deep bottomless pit opens up below us and swallows us up into the darkness. We try to believe but the harder we try the more darkness throws darkness at us. We can't see a thing which makes it almost impossible to have faith in God. It may seem ludicrous even.

The best is to confirm God's love for you by putting your faith in Jesus, not your feeling. See if i know that Jesus loves me and has saved me because i called on His name to do that, then no matter how far away i feel from Him, i know He is near to me. For that is what it says in the bible. It say anyone who calls on the Lord to be saved will be saved. How easy is that to believe? i had called on His name ten thousand times for salvation but didn't trust Him to be true. That is why i wasn't saved, not because i wasn't elect or the anti-Christ or any of that kind of nonsense.

This is why reading the bible is essential in this battle you are going through. Read the bible as a personal love letter from God to you so scared and lonely and take comfort that He loves you but not all those doubtful and unbelieving thoughts that are smitten your way, He will get rid of them as you grow in your love for Jesus.

What really helped me putting my faith in Jesus, even though i had for years believed i was doomed, not elect, was the anti-Christ and the son of lawlessness all rolled into one, was that love for God inside our hearts heeds Him and follows Him and always gets an answer from God when i called upon Him like that. While in those times of doubt and unbelief i burned my reality and felt utterly godforsaken.

This made me realise that the wicked were inside my life, not just outside, but had infiltrated my defenses through my feelings, and were lying to my mind non stop. This made me realise that i was divided within and that lies about God, myself and others were the cause of that.

It made me realise that i couldn't trust my thoughts and feelings to tell me the truth, but that only God's word knew the truth. So i endeavoured to get the word into me and read it 24/7 watching my heart and mind intently while i was reading it. And within no time i could see the righteous and the unrighteous and in no time i saw that heeding unrighteous/untrue thoughts bring misery while believing true thoughts bring true life. In no time i saw that reading in love for God understands the word while reading in fear of The Lord doesn't heed His word.

This proved to me that the Bible was a true book and that i could trust it better than my feelings. i have never looked back and have learned to love God and His word more than anything down on this earth. His word is beautiful and His judgments true and right. He has set me free from my doubt abd unbelief and given me a whole new life with Him and in Him.

i strongly advise you to put your faith in God's love, not keep on fearing His judgments, but understanding that faith in Jesus must save us from our fears and inabilities in the end. Learning to bring them all to Him and leave them there is the biggest job we face daily again.

So be of good courage when faith for God's love lives in you. Even if you have little faith you can move that mountain satan has planted in front of you. All lies. So let God's word destroy the thoughts of doubt and unbelief and let your love grow in His love and you will also rejoice in your salvation from now on.

Peace.

An invitation to The Chosen.

God's Love will not take or will
you to conform to rules or demand
which imprison, enslave, burn or kill you.

God's Love will not pervert what's Good
The Lord loves truthfully Wise and Good.
True Love was, is and always will be Good!

In God's Love you are free to be right!
In His love everything is good proper and kind.
He loves all who love good and true to rule!

His Love is caring, providing, and sharing.
His Love always enjoys and protects good life.
His love rules even when bad life has being in us!

Hear Jesus call - 'Come join up with us all!
Leave whatever ties you down and be free
loving good life with all God's own to be.'

To the rest in your heart God's asks
how long will you tarry in the darkness?
Please leave such bad existence within.

For life must not, no never should, or would, or could,
be forceful, rude, prideful, arrogant, selfish, lustful
or otherwise be untrue to God's loving truth.

Neither should life be hurting or ill,
hungry, oppressed, despised, hated
or otherwise have existence in wrong.

Please hand your Bad Life over to Jesus
Humbly ask for His Good Life back in return
and go love God, self and neighbour with Joy.

The Church knows that Jesus is coming soon
All bad life will be our shameful past then,
so please leave your bad life while you can!

Love.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I get the sense from reading this post, that confessing sins, and putting less emphasis on cultivating emotions would help over the long term.

In the short term, I'd recommend to not judge based on the day-to-day, try observing over a period of 6 months and observe patterns and compare with scripture. Pray through patterns observed for guidance.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
God does love you. How did I know? He showed me your problem so that He could help you through me. Please read this article. It was a life changer for me.

Can you forgive from your heart? - Christian Life Frankston

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Numbers 21:5-9 (KJV) And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread. And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died. Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people. And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

Get back to the basics of the cross, return to your first love there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

God often asks very little of us, except to trust him in times of doubt, fear etc.

repentance and rest.jpg

Upvote 0

The Lost Follower

Jun 6, 2020
SAR
✟10,499.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Dear sunflower14444:

What appears to be the problem?

“battling my thoughts and emotions”

Your thoughts:
1. about God's existence
2. God didn't choose me as His elect
3. it doesn't seem like my prayers are working
4. then doubt His existence

Please see What might be the underlying cause?

Your emotions:
1. scaring me
2. I'm sacred.
3. I'm scared please help me
4. I feel like I have separated myself from God forever and that there is no hope for me whatsoever.
5. I feel hopeless, lost, and alone

What does the Scripture say?
“in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things.” - 1 John 3:20

Your ideal spiritual state:
Your wants:
1. I want to believe and trust in God.
2. I want God to just help me believe in Him again.
3. I don't want to live a life of unbelief (first mention).
4. I don't want to reject the Lord.
5. I don't want to give up.
6. I don't want to live a life of unbelief (second mention).

"And Jesus said to him, " 'If You can?' All things are possible to him who believes. Immediately the boy's father cried out and said, "I do believe; help my unbelief." -Mark 9:23-24

"The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" -Luke 17:5

Your questions:
1. Why can't I move past this?
2. What can I do?
3. Why my mind takes these things and then doubt His existence.

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." -Matthew 7:7-8

What might be the underlying cause?
Doubts
:
1. “I have been having doubts plague my mind…”
2. “…I never doubted Him or His existence.”
3. “…then doubt His existence.”
4. “…but it doesn't seem like my prayers are working.”

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." -2 Timothy 1:7
"But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, -James 1:-5-7

Self-Judgmental:
1. “…there is no hope for me whatsoever.”
2. “…God didn't choose me as His elect.”

Hope

'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 'You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. -Jeremiah 29:11-13 NASB

His elect
"If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him. - John 12:26

"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. -John 14:1-2

The positive steps you have been taking:
1. “…praying constantly.”
2. Reading the Bible “with some friends.”
3. Asking for “help.”

"Keep watching and praying that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." -Matthew 26:41 NASB

The key in your spiritual battle has already been stated by yourself:
"I don't want to give up."

"and he went to meet King Asa. He called out, "Listen to me, King Asa, and all you people of Judah and Benjamin! The LORD is with you as long as you are with him. If you look for him, he will let you find him, but if you turn away, he will abandon you. -2 Chronicles 15:2 Good News Bible

My personal suggestion to you is to, if you would not mind:
1. Try to understand your emotional side - write a journal and put in writing whatever thoughts you may have. This will help you to get the picture of "what you are" when you are feeling down.
2. Be strong in separating your emotion with your faith. Your faith is not your emotion and vice versa. Faith is about believing about facts, about what God and Jesus have done for us. Emotion is god-given designed to help us feel we are human, but it should not be the basis of our faith.
3. Keep praying. Believe me, I have suffered a lot for the sake of receiving what I have asked the LORD God of. I have already received it. I don't see why you won't.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight." -Proverbs 3:5-6

I will pray for you tonight.
Christ love,
TLF.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
have been battling my thoughts and emotions. I have been having doubts plague my mind about God's existence and it is scaring me

There is nothing wrong with having doubts or questions.
Christianity is based on historical facts, so there are answers for your questions and solutions for your doubts.

You just need to dig into two thousand years of Christian wisdom.

May I suggest looking into the facts of Christianity sits like coldcasechristianity and answersingenesis have articles defending and explaining Christianity.

May I encourage you, you have not abandon God or been abandoned by him.
You can tell this by your being worried by the thought that you had lostGod.

Upvote 0

sunflower14444

May 15, 2020
Prosper
✟19,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Unbelief.

Your voice turned me utterly insane,
believing your suggestions
thinking there is no God.
For you betrayed my Good Life,
pushing me into that bottomless pit,
into fiery Hell for years on end.

Flying right through my reality,
your miserable voice dividing
myself against myself,
your taunts attacking faithful self,
hopelessness cutting me up,
your lies barring access to true Life!

No faith feeding my starving soul,
instead doubt, confusion and terror,
false evidence locking my hopes away,
devoid from true self or any good thing,
torturing me in those dark dungeons,
you only ever set out to murder me!

Dear sister

The best is to realise that you have been serving God with your feelings and that can be very tricky. i know for i used to rely on my feelings and kept loosing God as well.

So scary, doubting God, don't you reckon? As if a deep bottomless pit opens up below us and swallows us up into the darkness. We try to believe but the harder we try the more darkness throws darkness at us. We can't see a thing which makes it almost impossible to have faith in God. It may seem ludicrous even.

The best is to confirm God's love for you by putting your faith in Jesus, not your feeling. See if i know that Jesus loves me and has saved me because i called on His name to do that, then no matter how far away i feel from Him, i know He is near to me. For that is what it says in the bible. It say anyone who calls on the Lord to be saved will be saved. How easy is that to believe? i had called on His name ten thousand times for salvation but didn't trust Him to be true. That is why i wasn't saved, not because i wasn't elect or the anti-Christ or any of that kind of nonsense.

This is why reading the bible is essential in this battle you are going through. Read the bible as a personal love letter from God to you so scared and lonely and take comfort that He loves you but not all those doubtful and unbelieving thoughts that are smitten your way, He will get rid of them as you grow in your love for Jesus.

What really helped me putting my faith in Jesus, even though i had for years believed i was doomed, not elect, was the anti-Christ and the son of lawlessness all rolled into one, was that love for God inside our hearts heeds Him and follows Him and always gets an answer from God when i called upon Him like that. While in those times of doubt and unbelief i burned my reality and felt utterly godforsaken.

This made me realise that the wicked were inside my life, not just outside, but had infiltrated my defenses through my feelings, and were lying to my mind non stop. This made me realise that i was divided within and that lies about God, myself and others were the cause of that.

It made me realise that i couldn't trust my thoughts and feelings to tell me the truth, but that only God's word knew the truth. So i endeavoured to get the word into me and read it 24/7 watching my heart and mind intently while i was reading it. And within no time i could see the righteous and the unrighteous and in no time i saw that heeding unrighteous/untrue thoughts bring misery while believing true thoughts bring true life. In no time i saw that reading in love for God understands the word while reading in fear of The Lord doesn't heed His word.

This proved to me that the Bible was a true book and that i could trust it better than my feelings. i have never looked back and have learned to love God and His word more than anything down on this earth. His word is beautiful and His judgments true and right. He has set me free from my doubt abd unbelief and given me a whole new life with Him and in Him.

i strongly advise you to put your faith in God's love, not keep on fearing His judgments, but understanding that faith in Jesus must save us from our fears and inabilities in the end. Learning to bring them all to Him and leave them there is the biggest job we face daily again.

So be of good courage when faith for God's love lives in you. Even if you have little faith you can move that mountain satan has planted in front of you. All lies. So let God's word destroy the thoughts of doubt and unbelief and let your love grow in His love and you will also rejoice in your salvation from now on.

Peace.

An invitation to The Chosen.

God's Love will not take or will
you to conform to rules or demand
which imprison, enslave, burn or kill you.

God's Love will not pervert what's Good
The Lord loves truthfully Wise and Good.
True Love was, is and always will be Good!

In God's Love you are free to be right!
In His love everything is good proper and kind.
He loves all who love good and true to rule!

His Love is caring, providing, and sharing.
His Love always enjoys and protects good life.
His love rules even when bad life has being in us!

Hear Jesus call - 'Come join up with us all!
Leave whatever ties you down and be free
loving good life with all God's own to be.'

To the rest in your heart God's asks
how long will you tarry in the darkness?
Please leave such bad existence within.

For life must not, no never should, or would, or could,
be forceful, rude, prideful, arrogant, selfish, lustful
or otherwise be untrue to God's loving truth.

Neither should life be hurting or ill,
hungry, oppressed, despised, hated
or otherwise have existence in wrong.

Please hand your Bad Life over to Jesus
Humbly ask for His Good Life back in return
and go love God, self and neighbour with Joy.

The Church knows that Jesus is coming soon
All bad life will be our shameful past then,
so please leave your bad life while you can!

Love.

I used to know and stand in awe of His love for me. It was just amazing to know of His goodness and love for me. I would be reading His word and praying every night along with worship and keeping His word close. I ended up sinning again. I knew it was wrong yet I still did it and I completely abused His grace. I see that now and I know I'm so sorry about it. I repented of everything I have done against Him. However, it took me to go through this to realize what I did. Before this, I wasn't in His word. I wasn't in prayer or worship. I hardly did them. I don't think I'm that great of a Christian. I have spent so long away from His word. My prayers were self-centered. I remember asking God to come into my heart and my life and to forgive me of my sins. Can I still be saved? Does He still want me even after all of this? The reason I am doubting is that I don't feel or sense Him. I know I can't always depend on my emotions and I am trying to learn what it means to take Him at His word...but in all honesty, I don't know His word all too much.

• Prayers
Reactions: Aryne09837
Upvote 0