Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah..... I'll believe his claims about demon worshiping secret societies and "end times" satanic plots when pigs fly. This is John Todd and Mike Warnke levels of religious grift.

-CryptoLutheran
Agreed. Not going to listen to a word he says. Very untrustworthy.

Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's part of a list of instructions from Paul, rather that a commandment.

That is not prophecy. It is simply hearsay - information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor. It is secondhand information that requires putting faith in what a particular satanic priest had to say, to trust in him being truthful. And if one decides that the satanic priest was being truthful, then one has to consider whether or not Satan, the Father of Lies, was being truthful. All of which does not come anywhere remotely close to rebelling against God.

Satan says something to a satanic priest, who then tells Roger Morneau what Satan told him, does not have anything to do with 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 in anyway whatsoever.
Yes, but information that SUBSTANTIATES what the Bible says: that Satan is the father of lies, the thief that comes but to kill, steal, and destroy the truth of God's Word, etc.

Evolution is totally absent from Scripture - Creation is plainly taught all through Scripture. Yet, the catholic church has for decades insisted the first 11 chapters of Genesis are a "myth" and this has led to even non-catholics taking up the false, unBiblical idea of "theistic evolution".

People would rather trust in what those who say what the Bible doesn't say, rather than those who say what the Bible plainly says. Roger claims the what the Bible says is true - "theistic evolutionists" prefer to believe in those who, based on Roger's testimony, claim they are using evolution to "destroy the Bible without burning it".

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
MOD HAT ON
38D5FD15-76C4-4C36-9A20-2B7036728EBE.jpeg
Thread moved to Conspiracy Theories

(Disclaimer: This photo is just for fun, just to clarify I am an avid subscriber to conspiracy theories so i'm poking fun at myself. If you think this photo is offensive please pm me and I'll gladly replace it)
MOD HAT OFF

Attachments

• E7531B03-EF49-4C91-AA6C-747BC75A53BA.jpeg
    E7531B03-EF49-4C91-AA6C-747BC75A53BA.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Don't forget the most ridiculous belief system of all: evolution.
It's not a belief system any more than plate tectonics, germs causing diseases or gas molecules being in motion are belief systems. Evolution is supported by 170 years of scientific observations.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I love me some Kent Hovind and Walter J. Veith - Veith actually was a staunch evolutionary scientist and professor for many many years until he discovered the truth of God's word, and now travels and lectures on Bible Truth, Bible Health, Eschatology, the NWO agenda in prophecy, and what I think is most important: the Creation/Evolution issue from a unique perspective.
YECism and the embrace of conspiracy theories seem to go hand in hand for some folks. Hovind is a charlatan who can't understand that birds evolving from theropods isn't the same as birds evolving from T. rex.
Jesus Himself said God "in the beginning made them male and female" which completely discounts evolution's idea that after millions of years of trouble-free evolutionary development without sexual reproduction, somehow life evolved in such a way that sexual reproduction not only came into existence, but sexual reproduction between two separate sexes became the singular, exclusive, integral means for continuation of the same.
There are asexual reproducing beings that continue doing quite well for themselves even after hundreds of millions of years. There are also parthenogenetic species like bdelloid rotifers and whip-tailed lizards which are entirely female.
Evolution is totally absent from Scripture
So aren't plate tectonics, germs causing diseases or gas molecules being in motion. So aren't internal combustion, nuclear fission and the existence of the Western Hemisphere.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟69,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So aren't plate tectonics, germs causing diseases or gas molecules being in motion. So aren't internal combustion, nuclear fission and the existence of the Western Hemisphere.
You're getting mighty uppity with that "sphere" thingy!! Thanks to Seventh moving this thread and his foil hat, True Believers know the world is shaped like a burrito.
1685437114613.png

• Haha
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The occult exists as an umbrella term for certain false beliefs and superstitious practices, but it does not exist as a real power. No more than, say, the new age belief in crystals or ancient pagan belief in the existence of fairies corresponds with actual reality.

Have I said anything that would suggest I think they no longer exist? But I suppose it would be fair to say that I don't give the devil much attention in my life. I don't believe he is worth spending much time thinking about. I know who I belong to, His name is Jesus Christ the Son of God, and I can always find my refuge in Him.

Do you believe those magic practices and books had real power? I don't. What I read here in Acts is people turning away from superstition and toward faith in Jesus. And that's how the Church, historically, has also understood it.

The modern "spiritual warfare" movement is, from my perspective, inherently pagan. I believe that it itself represents a way that the devil is attacking the Faithful, by deluding them and leading them away from the safe harbor of Christ and toward the dangerous choppy waters of superstition.

That's not my opinion because I'm a "modernist" who doesn't take the existence of the devil seriously. That's my position as someone who believes in the historic teaching of the Christian faith, it is precisely because I take the existence of the devil seriously that I refuse to give him any credit, I refuse to give him any glory or honor. I refuse to believe his lies.

-CryptoLutheran
I know the power of the occult in people's lives. Good on you for not believing Satan's lies. Billions of people do. Billions of people are oppressed by evil spirits now. Jesus cast out evil spirits constantly. They don't just go away because you do not believe in them. You know about the "Toronto Blessing"? A deception from Satan that deceived millions of Christians. Ignorance is not bliss. It is dangerous. I don't think about the devil all the time either. But I do know that people suffer from his attacks because they don't know how to resist and/or do not realise where the attacks originate.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I know the power of the occult in people's lives. Good on you for not believing Satan's lies. Billions of people do. Billions of people are oppressed by evil spirits now. Jesus cast out evil spirits constantly. They don't just go away because you do not believe in them. You know about the "Toronto Blessing"? A deception from Satan that deceived millions of Christians. Ignorance is not bliss. It is dangerous. I don't think about the devil all the time either. But I do know that people suffer from his attacks because they don't know how to resist and/or do not realise where the attacks originate.

I agree that those involved with the Toronto Blessing were deceived, I'd even agree that such deception can be diabolical. But I don't believe that anything about it involved supernatural demonic powers.

I don't believe supernatural claims in a vacuum. When a charlatan goes around "healing" people doing something like the shoe trick to pretend to lengthen a person's leg, that's not supernatural, that's just old fashioned hucksterism.

There are documented psychological explanations for a lot of things we see, mass hysteria is a very real phenomenon. As is psychological priming. Such things don't demand a supernatural explanation.

As I see it, the devil doesn't need to be able to turn sticks into snakes in order to accomplish what he wants, he merely has to convince people to believe he has. I don't need to believe in literal magic, I just need to know two things: 1) who my Savior is and what He said and 2) the devil is a liar.

And if I know those two things then that excludes magic from the equation. Demons aren't inhabiting Ouija Boards, or haunting magical amulets, or hiding between the pages of a Harry Potter novel. Instead the demons are whispering lies.

From the medieval Canon Episcopi, a text of uncertain provenance but which was written to address the issue of people attributing divine-like power to the devil in how they handled the idea of "witches" very clearly expresses the orthodox Christian view: Women were not actually flying around during the night, rather those who claimed they had were delusional. The devil lies.

The Christian view is simple: The devil is a liar. Only God has actual power, God alone can make the dead rise, God alone can heal the sick, God alone can work miracles. To attribute the devil those powers is blasphemous and should be considered pagan superstition.

During the time of Charlemagne, after his conquest of the pagan Saxons, a council was held to discuss their conversion to Christianity. It made explicit by Frankish law that witch-hunting was forbidden because a belief in the existence of witches was a pagan superstition: pagans, not Christians, believed that women were being sneaky in the woods casting curses by some supernatural force; it was pagans, not Christians, who used vigilantism to hunt down suspected witches. This was the official position of the Christian Church throughout antiquity and the middle ages.

It isn't until the 14th century that some Christians sought to change official views by trying to make an argument in favor of those old superstitions in the form of the Malleus Malificarum. This was an INTRODUCTION of superstition into Western Christianity where it had historically been rejected. Which is why we don't even actually see ecclesiasticlly sanctioned witch trials until the early modern period. That's why the Salem Witch Trials were not a medieval "Catholic" thing, but a modern Protestant thing. It was a superstition that entered late into Western Christianity, which is contrary to orthodox Christian teaching, and is of pagan origin.

-CryptoLutheran

• Winner
Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not a belief system any more than plate tectonics, germs causing diseases or gas molecules being in motion are belief systems. Evolution is supported by 170 years of scientific observations.
Evolution is supported by false science aka wrong interpretations of the same data which proves Creationism.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Evolution is supported by false science aka wrong interpretations of the same data which proves Creationism.
That is an assertion without support. Each month literally dozens of papers are published in scientific journals with evidence for evolution. What do you imagine is in those papers? Blank space and question marks?

Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
YECism and the embrace of conspiracy theories seem to go hand in hand for some folks. Hovind is a charlatan who can't understand that birds evolving from theropods isn't the same as birds evolving from T. rex.
Let's ask Storrs Olson, Curator of Birds at the National Museum of Natural History of the Smithsonian Institute in D.C., what he thinks about how National Geographic shamelessly promotes this "birds evolving from theropods" pseudoscience:

"The feathered dinosaur pictures are simply imaginary and have no place outside of science fiction.​
"The idea of feathered dinosaurs and the theropod origin of birds is being actively promulgated by a cadre of zealous scientists acting in concert with certain editors at Nature and National Geographic, who themselves have become outspoken and highly biased proselytizers of the faith. Truth and careful scientific weighing of evidence have been among the first casualties in their program, which is now fast becoming one of the grander scientific hoaxes of our age, the paleontological equivalent of cold fusion."

...the most grand hoax of all being the theory of evolution.
There are asexual reproducing beings that continue doing quite well for themselves even after hundreds of millions of years. There are also parthenogenetic species like bdelloid rotifers and whip-tailed lizards which are entirely female.
First of all, there are no "hundreds of millions of years". Second of all, the existence of non-sexual reproduction organisms has nothing to do with HUMAN sexual reproduction because God created all organisms to reproduce "after their kind" which means one kind may reproduce asexually while humans sexually.

The burden of proof is on the evolutionist to point to evidence that HUMANS once reproduced by some means other than sexually.
When we point to things we can see as evidence for things we can't see, we've moved from science into the realm of faith...and evolution is the greatest of all Satan's counterfeit systems of faith he employs to undermine God's Word.

Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Evolutionists claim everything in the universe came existence from nothing...my friend, if that ain't the epitome of faith-based religion, there is nothing that can be called by that name.

Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is an assertion without support. Each month literally dozens of papers are published in scientific journals with evidence for evolution. What do you imagine is in those papers? Blank space and question marks?
No, each month dozens of papers are published that ignore God's Word and scientists and laymen who challenge such papers. For instance:

The atheistic scientific community claims that it only takes about 10 MY for "erosion" to wash all the continents into the oceans, some sooner or later than others due to a difference in rates of erosion.

So, why are the continents still here? They claim the reason is "uplift" - tectonic forces pushing upward is keeping up with what erosion is erasing from the top. Since the Earth has supposedly been around for hundreds of millions of years, so continents should have been completely washed away many times over while uplift has kept up with what has been disappearing.

QUESTION: Why if the fossil record still there?

In the beginning, the stuff at the bottom should have "uplifted" all the way through the middle and out the top, and been carried down into the ocean, yet the fossil record is supposedly still intact after the continents have been washed into the oceans many times over.

Conclusion: Erosion has NOT been taking place over millions and millions of years - the Earth is only as old as the Bible says it is: around six thousand years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Evolutionists claim everything in the universe came existence from nothing...my friend, if that ain't the epitome of faith-based religion, there is nothing that can be called by that name.

That's a load of hooey.

First of all, evolution has nothing to do with cosmological origins. It doesn't even have anything to do with the origins of life on earth. Evolution speaks solely and exclusively about the mechanisms of change in populations of organisms over time, with the mechanism of that change being natural selection.

Second of all, what is popularly called the Big Bang Theory does not state that the universe came from nothing. What, if anything, was before the Big Bang and the universe began its rapid inflation (which is still going on, and can be presently observed), is at least at present unknown to science.

Third of all, you might be surprised to learn that in the early 20th century that the term "Big Bang" itself was applied to the theory as a pejorative to attack it, and it was in fact criticized because yes, it did sound pretty religious to some in the science community--they thought it sounded too much like what religious people who believed in a Creator who created the universe said about cosmic origins. Fred Hoyle, a British scientist, coined the term "Big Bang" to mock the idea, Hoyle was a proponent of a static universe--a universe that never had a beginning, a common view among scientists in the early 20th century. Some scientists, particular atheistic ones, felt that the inflationary model of cosmic origins looked too much like religious creationism (not capital-C Creationism, but lowercase-C creationism).

The term "evolutionist" is a pejorative term used to dismiss meaningful discussion of science. If I said "Combustionists claim everything in the universe came from nothing, ain't that the epitome of faith-based religion" and therefore claim that those who accept combustion theory are part of a religion called Combustionism we'd all recognize just how ridiculous that is.

There is no religion of "Evolutionism". There is simply the theory of evolution, a theory that explains our observation of speciation and change in populations through the mechanism of natural selection. That's it. That's all it is. The only place "Evolutionism" exists is in the imagination of some who hold antipathy toward science and the scientific method based on their cultural indoctrination against it.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Let's ask Storrs Olson,
Dr. Olson is dead so we can't ask him, but that quote is from 2000 and Olson was bucking the trend as the evidence amassed over the next 20 years. I can't find any statements or writings from him that date after 2001. Science isn't decided by one man's opinion. It's evidence based, not authority based and the evidence shows that birds evolved from earlier theropods.
First of all, there are no "hundreds of millions of years".
The evidence says otherwise. You can stomp your feet all you want, but doing so won't make deep time go away.
Second of all, the existence of non-sexual reproduction organisms has nothing to do with HUMAN sexual reproduction because God created all organisms to reproduce "after their kind" which means one kind may reproduce asexually while humans sexually.
This is what you wrote: "Jesus Himself said God "in the beginning made them male and female" which completely discounts evolution's idea that after millions of years of trouble-free evolutionary development without sexual reproduction, somehow life evolved in such a way that sexual reproduction not only came into existence, but sexual reproduction between two separate sexes became the singular, exclusive, integral means for continuation of the same."
You clearly were not limiting your comment to humans.
The burden of proof is on the evolutionist to point to evidence that HUMANS once reproduced by some means other than sexually.
What a silly assertion. All animals that aren't parthenogenetic reproduce sexually. Sexual reproduction is literally a defining characteristic of animals. H. sapiens are and all species that existed before us were animals and therefore reproduced sexually.
When we point to things we can see as evidence for things we can't see, we've moved from science into the realm of faith...and evolution is the greatest of all Satan's counterfeit systems of faith he employs to undermine God's Word.
Histrionic hyperbole.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"Evolutionists" claim nothing of the sort. Evolution is the purview of biologists. Cosmology is the purview of cosmologists and astrophysicists. As far as the Big Bang Goes, the singularity from which the universe developed wasn't "nothing". Try learning about things before criticizing them.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, each month dozens of papers are published that ignore God's Word and scientists and laymen who challenge such papers.
More histrionic hyperbole. Instead of posting fan fiction, how about actually addressing the evidence?
The atheistic scientific community
Exists only in your imagination.
claims that it only takes about 10 MY for "erosion" to wash all the continents into the oceans, some sooner or later than others due to a difference in rates of erosion.
No, that is a claim made by Creationists based on an ICR Acts and Facts tract from the 70s. Geologists know that the continents undergo periods of deposition and erosion, subjection and uplift.
Conclusion: Erosion has NOT been taking place over millions and millions of years - the Earth is only as old as the Bible says it is: around six thousand years.
The age of geologic periods are not determined by superficial means like erosion. They are determined by radiometric dating.
Creationists have much bigger problems like heat. Limestone generates heat as it lithifies. So much heat, in fact, that if all the worlds limestone formed in 10,000 years, the heat would be enough melt the crust of the earth. There's also the heat from radioactive decay. Even the ICRs RATE project determined that there was 500,000,000 years worth of heat in the geology record. If all that heat happened during the Flood year, it would have melted the crust of the earth and boiled off the oceans into space.

Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Things being said in this thread are precisely the kinds of things I was talking about in another thread where I posted this:

It is precisely this reactionary anti-scientism that is responsible for so many turning away from faith.

It isn't cabals of demon worshipers, it isn't "atheist professors". It's people misrepresenting the Christian faith and presenting Christianity as conditionally dependent upon an extremely myopic--and arguably not even Christian--worldview.

Why are young people leaving the Church when they reach adulthood and enter college?

Look in the mirror.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0