Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, we're not saved by grace through faith alone, yes or no?

We're saved by grace through faith, but these days, since so many people couldn't interpret the bible solidly if their lives depended upon it, we probably need to specifically qualify what Paul meant by "faith" in his letter to the Ephesians ...

... it doesn't mean to simply sit on one's couch passively and believe in Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You saw what Jesus says. He says your works will determine your eternal home, with Him or with the devil. I'd listen to Him, if I were you.

In Revelation, God says you will be judged according to your works.

God's grace permits us to be saved. Grace is a gift of God; we don't work to earn it. But that won't help you if you merely cry "Lord, Lord." At the final judgement, you will be judged according to your works.

James 2:24 Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?

God says we are saved by works and by faith, not faith only.

St. Paul agrees:
Philipians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'll answer that when you answer this: Are these words in red our Lord's Words, yes or no?

23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread,
24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.”
25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

Two binary questions here:
You believe they're His Words or you don't.
If they aren't His words, ignore them.
If they are His His Words, believe them.

Those are your options, matey.

Sad to say, I don't expect an answer, just some robotic "Catholics are bad" boilerplate.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, that absolutely says they took a bite out of Jesus - was it a leg or thigh?
Yeah, Jesus was a card, wasn't He? Always joking. That's all the "take, eat, this is My Body" stuff was, Jesus was just having a laugh, winding the crowd up. Lotta people left Him on account of it; no sense of humor at all, right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
John 6:63 KJV, in layman's terms
Hey,making up Scripture on your own when necessary is part of your "religion", innit?
...for those who think salvation is by eating Jesus' literal flesh without a single instance in Scripture of anyone taking a bite out of Jesus.
Dang, Mr. PhoneMan, you so funny! Everybody knows Phone Men are thinking all the time. I heard this story, a Phone Man got drafted to the army, had to go to Basic Training. Sent him to the shooting range, Phone man couldn't hit the ground with his hat. Sargeant got all mean with him about it; Phone Man grabbed the rifle, holds one finger over the muzzle and pulls the trigger with the other thumb. Shoots the end of his finger clean off. Phone man turns on the sergeant, hollers at him: "See, I told you the problem was on the other end! Cain't put nothing over on no Phone Man.
Please stop acting like I don't have the receipts:
Reminds me of my storekeeping days. Had a "customer" I'd never seen before come in and demand a refund on some merch we didn't sell based on a receipt from a store we didn't own. The "customer" even went so far as to identify my wife as having sold it to him (and no, we really don't all look alike). He kept hollering about how he had his receipt, which as best I could tell came from a store in Memphis. He went off raving about he was gonna have the BBB and the Chamber of Commerce down on us, have me fired (that would have been a feat; it was a sole proprietorship), and see that the city pulled my business license. I'm sure what he really did was go to the next closest store like ours and try it again. Just another grifter.
"We hold upon this Earth the place of God Almighty..."
- POPE LEO XIII ENCYCLICAL LETTER
Oh, yeah, that's almost up there with Al Hislops exercise in creativity. That stuff pretty much outranks Scripture in your world, dunnit?

Along those same lines, you ought to read The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. I hear it's a real page-turner, and then you can hate the Jews for a while just for a change of pace.
"The pope is of so great Dignity and so exalted that he is not a mere man, but as it were God, and the Vicar of God"
The "vicar of God" thing betrays that as yet another made-up piece of...rubbish. The Roman Church has never used such a title, nor the equally bogus "Vicar of the Son of God" The people who make this crud up always overplay their sorry hands. Things like making up titles the RCC has never used, making up ties to another religion to which Roman Catholicism bear little resemblance other than those shared by most religions, adducing "scriptures" that don't exist to attack RCC doctrines. The general disregard for the truth and seeming eagerness to lie if they think it'll make some specious point makes the RCC at its worst seem noble by comparison.
You'll find the Imprimatur on BOTH these publications, which as you know, means "no heresy at all up in this joint".
Wow, I'm amazed that it wasn't signed by the Archangel Michael his own self!

Net effect of all this is "almost thou persuadest me to become a Roman Catholic". (You can put that in Your Bible royalty free if you like). The simple fact that anyone feels the need to go to such ridulous lengths defame the Church of Rome means they must be doing something right.

I have actual doctrinal differences with the RCC, which is why I'm an Anglican rather than a Roman Catholic. None of my differences have anything to do with the kind of lowest-common-denominator gobbledygook peddled by the average "Full Gospel Sanctified Holiness Old Time Hellfire Apostolic Oneness Free Will Methodical Baptist Church and Bait Shop" Just Me and Maah Baabul "church".

Wnna see what Romanists believe? Go to their web sites. it's all there. "Oh, but they'll lie!". That shouldn't trouble anyone who makes up stuff and then attributes it to Jesus. Right?

Kyrie eleison, Christe eleison.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

-=H=-

Dec 7, 2020
Middle of Nowhere
✟28,947.00
Country
Monaco
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Yeah..... I'll believe his claims about demon worshiping secret societies and "end times" satanic plots when pigs fly. This is John Todd and Mike Warnke levels of religious grift.

-CryptoLutheran
i just need to say i was involved with filming a police training film and it was filmed inside a masonic lodge doubling as a courtroom. if you don't believe in secret societies i dare you to enter a masonic lodge. on the walls they have huge displays up of famous freemasons. you'd be surprised who's there, george washington, buzz aldrin, and many more - i don't want to try remembering them all but i have photos - there are secret and not so secret satanic societies manipulating society, most world leaders in whatever role are freemasons.

Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We're saved by grace through faith, but these days, since so many people couldn't interpret the bible solidly if their lives depended upon it, we probably need to specifically qualify what Paul meant by "faith" in his letter to the Ephesians ...

... it doesn't mean to simply sit on one's couch passively and believe in Jesus.
Agreed...it means TOTAL SURRENDER to the will of God which include His commandments, not the will of a sinful man who claims to occupy "the place of God Almighty".

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed...it means TOTAL SURRENDER to the will of God which include His commandments, not the will of a sinful man who claims to occupy "the place of God Almighty".
How about a sinful man who makes up stuff from whole cloth and then attributes it to Jesus? Whose place is he claiming to occupy?

Like the old boy who made this stuff up:
"Jesus had to tell them, "Look, I'm not talking about eating my literal flesh and drinking my literal blood because that would be useless - I'm talking spiritual things. You've got to have Me inside your body, living out My life in you, if you are to profit unto eternal life".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums