Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Ladies and Gentleman I give you the face of the Citizens United ruling and your Republican nominee for president.

Mitt-Romney.jpg
Gloating already, Variant? Where's the fat lady?

Obama_Lies.jpg

Who you voting for, Variant?

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Gloating already, Variant? Where's the fat lady?

Did I hurt your feelings? ;) I know you had your heart set on anyone but Mitt in the Republican field.

I don't think I am ever going to let an opportunity to rib the conservative fellows on this cite about Citizens United and what a wonderful ruling it was and how thankful we should all be to conservative justices for giving us candidates and debates like we have now.

As to your idiotic caracature:

E_ERTRRO_XR0_NUS_CM.jpg

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...ices-20120222_1_prices-newt-gingrich-gasoline

It's wierd how you seem to be confused about the facts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Did I hurt your feelings?
Not at all, Variant.

I know you had your heart set on anyone but Mitt in the Republican field.
More accurately, Romney's not my favorite ... but I find him far preferable to Obama. More than that, I just don't see how he wins the head-to-head competition against Obama.

I don't think I am ever going to let an opportunity to rib the conservative fellows on this cite about Citizens United and what a wonderful ruling it was and how thankful we should all be to conservative justices for giving us candidates and debates like we have now.

LOL ... I still think it was great. I don't happen to share the sentiments of the article which was posted in the OP, btw, Variant. (I honestly think you confuse my comments with projections of your own thoughts, but I digress ... ) And the debates, whatever their shortcomings, have been a breath of much needed fresh air. Even the heavy campaign advertising, for all its negativity, has exposed much about the candidates. Had this primary election simply been business as usual, it would have been wrapped up by South Carolina. That's how quickly funds would have run out for the candidates. As it is, the lengthy process has not only interfered with both Mitt Romney's and Ron Paul's well-known a priori plans ... but raised the possibility that another candidate may wind up being the party's nominee.

Call me an optimist ...

E_ERTRRO_XR0_NUS_CM.jpg

Gingrich and gas prices - Chicago Tribune

LOL, you trust anything coming out of Chicago, Variant?

Upvote 0
Nov 20, 2011
✟9,171.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Did I hurt your feelings? ;) I know you had your heart set on anyone but Mitt in the Republican field.

E_ERTRRO_XR0_NUS_CM.jpg

Gingrich and gas prices - Chicago Tribune

now let's be a bit honest here...a lot of the current increase would have come from Bush, as it does take several years for such things to be fully operational...so we'll see what oil production looks like over the next few years to see the full effects of the Obama energy policy.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
LOL ... I still think it was great. I don't happen to share the sentiments of the article which was posted in the OP, btw, Variant. (I honestly think you confuse my comments with projections of your own thoughts, but I digress ... ) And the debates, whatever their shortcomings, have been a breath of much needed fresh air. Even the heavy campaign advertising, for all its negativity, has exposed much about the candidates. Had this primary election simply been business as usual, it would have been wrapped up by South Carolina. That's how quickly funds would have run out for the candidates. As it is, the lengthy process has not only interfered with both Mitt Romney's and Ron Paul's well-known a priori plans ... but raised the possibility that another candidate may wind up being the party's nominee.

Call me an optimist ...

That's just because you don't get it.

Romney to win this nomination has had to double down on being indebted to a couple of rich crazies.

His competition has done the same, so none of this works out for our benefit that a couple of differn't rich people sparred for a bit, it just ensures that you and I will take an even further back seat in the affairs of our own government.

LOL, you trust anything coming out of Chicago, Variant?

It's a count of rigs and a percent domestic oil production.

Pretty easy to cross check instead of handwave my very obviously biased friend.

U.S. Oil Production Shows No Signs of Slowing - SandRidge Energy and GMX Resources Poised to Benefit - Yahoo! Finance

I'm not saying Obama is directly responsible, but to say he is standing in the way of US oil production seems a bit off. His policies have not in fact stopped drilling's steady increase.

Drilling in and of itself is simply not the magic bullet some people with one liners seem to think it is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
now let's be a bit honest here...a lot of the current increase would have come from Bush, as it does take several years for such things to be fully operational...so we'll see what oil production looks like over the next few years to see the full effects of the Obama energy policy.

Obviously, but I think the narrative of Obama standing in the way of drilling is entirely overstated.

Are we going to attribute the increase under bush to Clinton policies then?

Upvote 0

Defensor Fidei

Jan 8, 2005
New York
✟4,207.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Green
Bush had eight years in the White House, and it doesn't look like he put much emphasis on oil production at any point, with oil production below its Clinton-era levels for most of Bush's presidency. After eight years in office during which very little change happened, you are saying it was somehow Bush's policies all magically taking effect at once right after he left office in 2009, leading to the skyrocketing numbers there over Obama's 3 years in office?

Of course this all assumes that "drill, baby, drill" is a sound energy strategy...yet another reason why right-wing Republicans should love Obama rather than harbor fanatical hatred toward him.

Upvote 0

pennmark

Mar 5, 2011
✟15,902.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So will Ricky drop out now? I'm tired of seeing his ugly mug and (even worse) hearing his incredible stupidity on display day after day...

Santorum still has a good chance of winning. Super Tuesday is coming up. The southern states haven't voted yet. Once Newt finally realizes his best chance to get back at Romney is to drop out of the race, Santorum will pick up more support.

Newt really needs to quit now. He's only embarassing himself at this point. It's obvious he has no chance of becoming President.

Upvote 0

Defensor Fidei

Jan 8, 2005
New York
✟4,207.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Green
Santorum still has a good chance of winning. Super Tuesday is coming up. The southern states haven't voted yet. Once Newt finally realizes his best chance to get back at Romney is to drop out of the race, Santorum will pick up more support.

Newt really needs to quit now. He's only embarassing himself at this point. It's obvious he has no chance of becoming President.
LOL, if Santorum's strategy for victory is dependent upon Newt Gingrich swallowing his ego and dropping out of the race to endorse him...then yeah, it's definitely time for Ricky to drop out. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums