✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But you can't understand scripture unless you understand Yahwey
How will you understand Yahweh apart from the scriptures? Where else is He disclosed?

Where does it say He is love, all knowing, all powerful? In the scriptures.

You have the cart before the horse.

For example we read in Genesis that God regretted making man, like he made a mistake, but if we know that God can't and doesn't make mistakes
Therein seems to be the difference between you and me. I didn't assume what the scripture meant. I wasn't raised in a Christian home but found a Bible when I was about 10 or 11yo and started reading. 95% made little to no sense but the 5% I understood was very clear that God loved, cared for and sought mankind and that was very comforting to know because I knew I was one of those mankind. :)

I know that a loving God can't create people who he knows before he created them that he would have to torcher them for all eternity
See, if you knew the scriptures you would know God doesn't torture anyone. You would also understand how God can create people without knowing how they would respond to Him.

Like I said. What you are proposing is completely foreign to me.

I have come to know who God is and what he has planned through the scriptures. :)

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God is Love and heaven is like one huge Love feast and the only Love being exchanged is Godly type Love, but some people do not want to be Loved unselfishly nor to have such Love and there is a point from wince there is nothing more to convince for them to make a true free will choice to be happy with Godly Love (God knows when this point is reached), so these would be unhappy in heaven.
So since they'd be unhappy in Heaven, the only logical alternative is to burn them alive for all eternity.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do see the second death being annihilation
Those who don't make the cut cease to ever have existed. Perfectly just, without any of the kind of vengeful viciousness that ECT cheerfully attributes to God.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those who don't make the cut cease to ever have existed. Perfectly just, without any of the kind of vengeful viciousness that ECT cheerfully attributes to God.
Don't UR Bibles have these verses?
Jeremiah 13:11-14
(11) For as the girdle cleaveth to the loins of a man, so have I caused to cleave unto me the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah, saith the LORD; that they might be unto me for a people, and for a name, and for a praise, and for a glory: but they would not hear.
(12) Therefore thou shalt speak unto them this word; Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Every bottle shall be filled with wine: and they shall say unto thee, Do we not certainly know that every bottle shall be filled with wine?
(13) Then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will fill all the inhabitants of this land, even the kings that sit upon David's throne, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, with drunkenness.
(14) And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
= = = = = =
Matthew 7:21-23
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
= = = = =
Romans 1:24
(24) Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Romans 1:26
(26) For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Romans 1:28
(28) And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;​

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So since they'd be unhappy in Heaven, the only logical alternative is to burn them alive for all eternity.
First off, it is not making the cut, they were invited and refused to go to the banquet.
God loves them and has do all He can to help them to humbly accept His Love as pure undeserved charity (as it was given) and they have refused to the point of never being willing to humble themselves to the point of accepting pure charity. They would never fulfill their earthly objective, but they can be part of the helping of others (Children God also Loves) in making their choice to humbly accept or reject God's Love.

Upvote 0

Jeff Saunders

May 1, 2022
Tennessee
✟37,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How will you understand Yahweh apart from the scriptures? Where else is He disclosed?

Where does it say He is love, all knowing, all powerful? In the scriptures.

You have the cart before the horse.

Therein seems to be the difference between you and me. I didn't assume what the scripture meant. I wasn't raised in a Christian home but found a Bible when I was about 10 or 11yo and started reading. 95% made little to no sense but the 5% I understood was very clear that God loved, cared for and sought mankind and that was very comforting to know because I knew I was one of those mankind. :)

See, if you knew the scriptures you would know God doesn't torture anyone. You would also understand how God can create people without knowing how they would respond to Him.

Like I said. What you are proposing is completely foreign to me.

I have come to know who God is and what he has planned through the scriptures. :)
I will ask you a question how did Enoch know God so well that God took him without his mortal body dying? He had no scripture no Hebrew scriptures at all , he was before any of what we call the Bible but he knew God .

Upvote 0