California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sin would be sin, TORAH never changes - no matter who ate of the forbidden tree, or when, it would be sin.

Yahweh never changes. Jesus Christ the Same Yesterday , Today and Forever. TORAH will be unchanged even till (and maybe beyond) heaven and earth are melted, as Jesus Says Clearly.

So with this in mind, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil would be lawlessness, i.e., anything not prescribed by the Creator. And the tree of life would be what He has set in place for us as His creation, which is Torah?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Perhaps trying to deduce too much from what we know so far ?
So with this in mind, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil would be lawlessness,
This would need to be confirmed by Scripture and in harmony with all Scripture to be accepted as Truth.

And the tree of life would be what He has set in place for us as His creation, which is Torah?
Same as above - it must be confirmed by Scripture and in harmony with all Scripture to be accepted as Truth.

There are no contradictions in Yahweh's Word, Plan, and Purpose.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh I see, you're saying that she did eat in faith, but faith in what the serpent said and not what Yah said. The only way she would eat from that tree may be as a result of already choosing a new master, which the serpent was eager to provide her with...

Yep ... that would be it.

Genesis 3
4You will not surely die,” the serpent told her. 5“For God knows that in the day you eat of it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

6When the woman saw that the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eyes, and that it was desirable for obtaining wisdom, she took the fruit and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

Two big lies of satan ... you won't die ... you will be like God (ie don't need God - God is a liar) and another desire.

All of which is the mindset of satan - he wants to be god.

Isaiah 14:12-15

12 How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! 13 You said in your heart, “I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. 14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.” 15 But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit.

God Bless

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
When the woman saw that the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eyes, and that it was desirable for obtaining wisdom, she took the fruit and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

Two big lies of satan ... you won't die ... you will be like God (ie don't need God - God is a liar) and another desire.

All of which is the mindset of satan
just noticed also the lies:

"GOOD..." !?!? .... yeah, right.... (NO!) .... Like poison is good, like toxins are GOOD to drink, ingest, or take into the blood ! NO!

and "pleasing to the eyes" ? rather "BEAUTY IS EMPTY/VAIN" .

and "desirable for ..wisdom.."?!
rather "the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom"
for the wisdom of men (ALL the wisdom of mankind) is folly, NOT to be desired....

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
just noticed also the lies:

"GOOD..." !?!? .... yeah, right.... (NO!) .... Like poison is good, like toxins are GOOD to drink, ingest, or take into the blood ! NO!

and "pleasing to the eyes" ? rather "BEAUTY IS EMPTY/VAIN" .

and "desirable for ..wisdom.."?!
rather "the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom"
for the wisdom of men (ALL the wisdom of mankind) is folly, NOT to be desired....

yep ... satan ... lies ... lies ... lies ... father of lies

John 8
44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out his desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar and the father of lies.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟653,169.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Yep ... that would be it.

Genesis 3
4You will not surely die,” the serpent told her. 5“For God knows that in the day you eat of it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

6When the woman saw that the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eyes, and that it was desirable for obtaining wisdom, she took the fruit and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

All of which is the mindset of satan - he wants to be god.

Isaiah 14:12-15

12 How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! 13 You said in your heart, “I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. 14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.” 15 But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit.

God Bless

Do you not get a sense of,
"hang on a minute"?

If their eyes would be opened after eating of the fruit,

how could she see the fruit was good to eat before her eyes were opened?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh I see, you're saying that she did eat in faith, but faith in what the serpent said and not what Yah said. The only way she would eat from that tree may be as a result of already choosing a new master, which the serpent was eager to provide her with...

Yep ... there ya go ;o) and in the very end ... it is the same thing .... those who choose God as their master .... and those who do not. That is ... Who is your God? Who do you worship? Who do you serve?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Do you not get a sense of,
"hang on a minute"?

If their eyes would be opened after eating of the fruit,

how could she see the fruit was good to eat before her eyes were opened?
The fruit was like poison, not good to eat, being disobedience and fatal.
Like arsenic dressed up as a cocktail.
So it was not good to eat , not before and not after her eyes were open.

OH, maybe it tasted good? Like stolen bread is sweet,
but that's still sin, and punishable .....

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟653,169.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
The fruit was like poison, not good to eat, being disobedience and fatal.
Like arsenic dressed up as a cocktail.
So it was not good to eat , not before and not after her eyes were open.

OH, maybe it tasted good? Like stolen bread is sweet,
but that's still sin, and punishable .....

Well, she was not around when the commandment was given.

Gen 2:17,
But the tree of knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat of it, for on the day that you eat thereof you shall die.

v18,

And the Lord God said;
"It is not good that man is alone:
I shall make him a helpmate opposite him."

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Well, she was not around when the commandment was given.

Gen 2:17,
But the tree of knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat of it, for on the day that you eat thereof you shall die.

v18,

And the Lord God said;
"It is not good that man is alone:
I shall make him a helpmate opposite him."
Did Yahweh ever let ignorance be an excuse ? (yes, sometimes, for a lighter punishment, but not here)

Also, Adam was with her, so again, even worse.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟653,169.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Did Yahweh ever let ignorance be an excuse ? (yes, sometimes, for a lighter punishment, but not here)

Where do you get that from?

Adam was told the day he ate of the fruit he would die,
well, Eve ate of it and did not drop dead.

So, who is this "Serpent"?

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟653,169.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

Worse is, if Adam added to His words,
example,
3:3,
But of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, (Eve talking)
God said;
"You shall not eat of it , and you shall not touch it, lest you die."
If Adam had told Eve this then he had added his own words,

".....you shall not touch."

So when Eve touched nothing happened, so the next step was to eat.

The serpent got into a conversation with Eve and steering it to talk about the tree.

But it does not explain why Adam ate also , seeing that Eve did not die at once, does not hold water, really.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟653,169.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Worse is, if Adam added to His words,
example,
3:3,
But of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, (Eve talking)
God said;
"You shall not eat of it , and you shall not touch it, lest you die."
If Adam had told Eve this then he had added his own words,

".....you shall not touch."

So when Eve touched nothing happened, so the next step was to eat.

The serpent got into a conversation with Eve and steering it to talk about the tree.

But it does not explain why Adam ate also , seeing that Eve did not die at once, does not hold water, really.

Jeff,

She added to the command,
therefore she came to diminish it,
as is stated,
(Prov 30:6)
"Do not add to His words."

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I was just reading another thread and something a member said jumped out at me:

"God's 10 Commandments give us the KNOwWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN AND RIGHTEOUSNESS as shown in the scriptures *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4 and PSALMS 119:172"

This quote is from:

Why is the day of worship controversial?

Would you all agree with that statement? If so, aren't we really saying that the 10 commandments are the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?
Now, the tree itself wasn't off limits...Eve could climbed it and even built a tree house in its branches right...it was just the fruit that was forbidden right?,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟653,169.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I was just reading another thread and something a member said jumped out at me:

"God's 10 Commandments give us the KNOwWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN AND RIGHTEOUSNESS as shown in the scriptures *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4 and PSALMS 119:172"

This quote is from:

Why is the day of worship controversial?

Would you all agree with that statement? If so, aren't we really saying that the 10 commandments are the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?
Now, the tree itself wasn't off limits...Eve could climbed it and even built a tree house in its branches right...it was just the fruit that was forbidden right?,

The tree of life is the tree of oneness,
the tree of knowledge is the tree of seperation.

Do not eat of it,s fruit,
Do not judge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheOldWays

Candidate
May 28, 2014
✟125,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You make it sound like a positive thing, I thought the point of the story was that it was a negative thing. The origin of original sin.

Well there is the theory that she was awakened and realized the the Garden was really a prison, that looked like paradise. When her jailers realized what she had done, she had her mind wiped and the program was cancelled.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Well there is the theory that she was awakened and realized the the Garden was really a prison, that looked like paradise. When her jailers realized what she had done, she had her mind wiped and the program was cancelled.
Coincidences?
"she was awakened" ?
IN CHRIST WE WAKE UP ! (awake oh sleeper and RISE FROM the dead)

"the Garden was really a prison" ?
WE ARE BOND-SLAVES OF JESUS CHRIST ! (or slaves of hasatan and sin)

"that looked like paradise" +
greek mythology about heaven and hell permeates society/ even Christendom

"jailers" ?
Yahweh does whatever He Pleases. !

"Realized" ?
Yahweh KNOWS EVERYTHING , always !

"what she had done" ?
<shrgus> - sinned, disobeyed, listened to hasatan and obeyed him instead of Yahweh.

"had her mind wiped" ?
the old is passed away, behold all is new.
WASHED by the BLOOD OF JESUS. and the WORD OF GOD.
"We have the MIND OF CHRIST" now. (in Him, Ekklesia)

"and the program was cancelled" ?
WHEW ! THE DEBT OF SIN (death), was NAILED TO THE LIVING TREE that the MESSIAH was hung upon, cancelling our debt that we could never have paid !!!

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟756,999.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
You make it sound like a positive thing, I thought the point of the story was that it was a negative thing. The origin of original sin.
I understand the story as very ancient middle-eastern desert myth that points towards the awakening of Human Consciousness.

I also feel that Christians need the original sin trajectory in order to justify Jesus and the need for Salvation, a judgmental God as well as their belief system about the nature of God. With out it, the religion as it is falls apart.

Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0

jacknife

Theophobic troll
Oct 22, 2014
✟171,314.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I like it very total recallish.

Upvote 0