Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There seems to be this unofficial teaching that is sweeping certain Evangelicals that I think is really heretical. It seems to posit the ability to be saved as part of your DNA. This kind of topic seems to come up in terms of why God allowed the Great Flood of the book of Genesis. The proponents of it suggest that God caused the flood to wipe out the Nephilim which were the cross breeds of humans and fallen angels. Proponents of this put forth that the Nephilim was a satanic plan to stop the salvation of human kind, by corrupting it so it was no longer human... and could not saved according to them.

L.A. Marzuli, Steve Quayle and other evangelicals who are interested in some of the end times phenomenon of UFO's etc. are proponents of this idea. And will talk a lot about on other issues like discussing some of the material in the Old Testament especially some of the controversial parts of the Bible like God ordering the killing of the Cainites in the Old Testament.

This topic came up again today when I was watching JD Farag give one of his "Bible Prophesy Updates", which are usually thought provoking. I don't share most of his theology, but he sometimes get me to rethink some positions I have. But was unhappy today hearing him bring this up....

A few years back... I had a Facebook friend try to use this "theology" (if you can call it that) to justify why it was OK to have premarital sex with his girl friend, and blogged about it in the following post in red print.

Some People Just Need Killin! Series, (Understanding the "Genocide" of the Canaanites) post 1

A few months back, I had to break ties with a Christian Facebook friend. That person was trying to come up with an elaborate “Biblical” Apologetic to rationalize why it was OK for him to sleep with his girlfriend, moreover he seemed to wanting to peer pressure me into proclaiming his stance (Very naive of him to think that since I had already shot a few holes in position and had many more in mind from the scriptures and basic facts of Judaism and Early Christianity). R's theology largely came from him wanting to have the best both worlds (when it came to being both married and dating a person). And he came up with a very elaborate and convoluted Apologetic to make that goal a reality. But strangely enough some of his reasoning, came from the topic of today! Which is one reason why it is worth discussion, as the old saying goes “Ideas have consequences”. Not only that, but this is also a favorite topic for atheist evangelists to cover as well.

But getting back to my web friend R, part of the reason he could try to carry on as he did was he learned what I would call Fringe Conspiracy Theory Theology from various Charismatic Evangelicals who were on the fringe of even that movement (Such people might subscribe to some variation of the “Serpent Seed” doctrine etc.) But unfortunately, besides out and out heresies, many modern-day Christians have had trouble dealing with the order of Yahweh to wipe out the Canaanites. In the aftermath of the Holocaust, this seems too many to be the greatest kind of evil. It’s one of those things that many people can only rationalize with some basic biblical saying “That His Ways are higher than our ways etc.”.

Some people however wanted to go beyond that. Some Evangelicals for instance that have gotten into the UFO Phenomenon and other Paranormal have proposed the idea of a tainted bloodline, noting the mention that the descendants of the Nephilim were living among the Canaanites. They have likewise proposed that this is the reason for the “Genocide” of the people of the Land. These people had been mixing with that of the Nephilim, which produced a tainted bloodline because people who were created in God’s image were now mixed with the blood line of the Fallen Angels (and possibly beyond Salvation due to this corruption), which is why God ordered them killed. Unfortunately, this kind of thinking, comes from our own cultural baggage. It gives a nice concrete justification to something that we tend to see in the Post Holocaust, Postmodern World as the worst kind of thing imaginable (It’s a kind of psychological doctor’s note, that lets them off the hook for cognitive dissonance).

I disagree with this reasoning. I believe there is some truth regarding the Nephilim, but God ordering the eradication of the Canaanites was something that was ordered for both practical and theological reasons and had nothing to do with “tainted bloodlines”. (Furthermore, this theory of theirs actually is an ancient heresy known as “The Serpent Seed” Doctrine which was first put forward by some of the ancient Gnostics, and in modern times promoted by Evangelist William Branham.) Serpent seed - Wikipedia

Post 2

post 2 (Some People Just Need Killin!)

This is a topic, I someday want to cover in detail in the future, because I think there is a lot there when it comes to understanding God's ways etc. But I'm looking to get something easy out. Needless to say there are plenty of reasons to get rid of the Canaanites. Picasso had a saying that is widely quoted, "That Every creative act is an act of destruction." (metaphorically and sometimes literal). While not an absolute, it seems mostly true. If you want to build something, usually you need to get rid of something that is in the way. In the Pentateuch, at least 4 times (listed below) God mentions that the People of the Land will “Be a snare” to the Israelites if they are allowed to remain in the Land. The Text speaks about idolatry, and in other passages in Genesis and the Pentateuch it speaks about the general state of wickedness and corruption in the Land. Given that the people of the Land are plainly laid bare as proselytizers of idolatry and moral corrupters, there really is no need to subscribe to any kind of “Bloodline corruption” theory.

Exodus 23:33

Verse Concepts

"They shall not live in your land, because they will make you sin against Me; for if you serve their gods, it will surely be a snare to you."

Exodus 34:12

Verse Concepts

"Watch yourself that you make no covenant with the inhabitants of the land into which you are going, or it will become a snare in your midst.

Deuteronomy 7:25

Verse Concepts

"The graven images of their gods you are to burn with fire; you shall not covet the silver or the gold that is on them, nor take it for yourselves, or you will be snared by it, for it is an abomination to the LORD your God.

Joshua 23:13

Verse Concepts

know with certainty that the LORD your God will not continue to drive these nations out from before you; but they will be a snare and a trap to you, and a whip on your sides and thorns in your eyes, until you perish from off this good land which the LORD your God has given you.

Post 3 (Some People Just Need Killin!)

1 Samuel 15 New International Version (NIV)

The Lord Rejects Saul as King

15 Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the Lord sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the Lord. 2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

In the Bible, God also has a habit of ordering extreme actions for the purpose of teaching us His ways and values (A bit like a parent). Sometimes these things are not practical in the sense of time and the use of material resources (from a human standpoint) but they can be powerful object lessons concerning Holiness, Zeal for the Lord, Obedience etc. The above is a good example of that, and likewise I see God's prescription against the Canaanites as being that as well.

Post Script

Since writing this little entry I am reminded of the continued need for it concerning the Serpent Seed doctrine issue. There is prolific Evangelist and Youtuber named LA Marzuli who is very active covering UFOs and the paranormal from the standpoint of End Times Satanic Conspiracy. While much of what that minister does is admiral, he takes a literal reading of the Bible on this topic and actually preaches the Serpent Seed doctrine as part of his message. And I’ve read that this belief can reap some bitter fruit. There is a pastor in the Los Angeles area that works with people who claim to be UFO abductees many of which believe themselves to be Nephilim or their descendants. I will end with a quote from this ministry.

“I’ve actually heard from one new Christian, that those very people who led him to Christ later turned and shunned him and would not fellowship with him, based on their new-found belief that he was a hybrid, and therefore wasn’t really saved. They based this belief on some things they perceived to be odd about him (he had an Autism Spectrum condition), and more than anything – their own paranoia and fear of human-looking hybrid infiltration. I’ve also actually met and ministered to a young woman who believed she was a hybrid, and a Nephilim. She didn’t even believe she could be saved in Christ, even though she wanted to be. It took some seriously inspired scriptural revelation delivered to her via Pastor Chris Ward and later myself to convince her that she and her family really could be saved by Jesus Christ. She had been told by a pastor of a church that if she was a Nephilim (as she strongly believed), that she could not possibly be saved, and would be condemned by her very blood.

How many more are out there I’m forced to wonder?”

No Modern Hybrid Breeding Program by Guy Malone | Nephilim Hybrids

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have an older sister who listens to this guy and is obsessed with the Nephilim etc.

I'm sick of all these people who take the focus off Jesus and the gospel and go forth spreading all this nonsense, they give Satan so much of their time.

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Pavel, as of late the wanting of expanding my mind some has been coming to play since my decision to commit to being drug free.

Due to my inability to have proper social interactions, it seems like looking up what some good questions are to ask others to get to know them better has also come in to play because human connections are one thing if life that is sought after most.

One question is ;

What makes you angry?

This teaching is one of them. Though, we will have many people teach like this, and to be fair some people happen to have a background history we will never know about, that leads them to start up these cult followings.

Do you believe God will forgive them because of their ignorance (unlearned proper way) due to the possibility that they themselves may be off in the mind just a little bit?

Like others who have come before Heavens Gate, David Koresh at Waco, Also the man who ended up killing an entire village of people after gaining a mass following and poisoning the punch juice.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What makes you angry?

It's like an eye sore or scratching on the chalk board. People are trying to read stuff into the Bible that isn't there....

People get that way about their favorite hobbies or interests. Some people get that way about sports, or cars etc. I get that way with really bad Bible teaching and theology.... :)

Do you believe God will forgive them because of their ignorance (unlearned proper way) due to the possibility that they themselves may be off in the mind just a little bit?

Like others who have come before Heavens Gate, David Koresh at Waco, Also the man who ended up killing an entire village of people after gaining a mass following and poisoning the punch juice.

Boy was I not clear with my Blog post..... I think it is heretical and has something in common with some of the ancient heresies like Manicheanism... That basically wanted to make evil and sin something literally materially physical etc. rather than "missing the mark", rebellion etc.

Do I think these people are going to hell etc. No it's just bad teaching, and in some cases it is irresponsible and unprofessional. And it is bad not just because it is inaccurate etc. but it sometimes gives people goofy ideas on other things.

Last edited:
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are the same way when it comes to getting angry.

There is about three things that make me angry, people making the demands using the bible scripture as their justifier over the spirit that lives inside of them that causes us to love others, by our faith.

Carelessly spending money on needless things. (guilty of it, now more conservative)

Sometimes if I am just waking up, getting asked or told to do something, can kind of ruffle my feathers too.

Those are about the only three things that make me angry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We (on CF) used to have quite a few posters way back in the day that espoused this stuff. It's been quite a while since I've seen a thread about it. One thing I always noticed about it was how the people who believe in it never seemed to be the ones who had the bad DNA.
tulc(just a thought)

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
There seems to be this unofficial teaching that is sweeping certain Evangelicals that I think is really heretical. It seems to posit the ability to be saved as part of your DNA.

So people with part neanderthal DNA can't be saved because God came only for the homo sapiens?

Weird idea.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
We (on CF) used to have quite a few posters way back in the day that espoused this stuff. It's been quite a while since I've seen a thread about it. One thing I always noticed about it was how the people who believe in it never seemed to be the ones who had the bad DNA.
tulc(just a thought)

Yes it weird. I didn't expect to see any more talk on DNA and blood lines after the entire "The Da Vinci Code" and "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" fads ran their course in the 90s and early 2000s.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
  • Friendly
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes it weird. I didn't expect to see any more talk on DNA and blood lines after the entire "The Da Vinci Code" and "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" fads ran their course in the 90s and early 2000s.

Sadly this horrible heresy(Is that a strong enough word?) has existed for a long time. People want to claim superiority over others.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There seems to be this unofficial teaching that is sweeping certain Evangelicals that I think is really heretical. It seems to posit the ability to be saved as part of your DNA.

That Sounds just like Christian Zionism.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums