Texas
✟21,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really don't want this to become a debate, but I understand if it does.

Amber, I'm sorry I helped contribute turning this thread into a debate. I know if I made a thread and asked for that not to happen and it happened anyway, I would be upset.

But that's the way of things. I kinda messed up Matthew 22:39 and Leviticus 19:18 didn't I?

Well anyway, I'm glad that it's not the Law that saves us, cause I would be dead a long time ago.

But I still attempt to practice the Law because I love our Father and Savior, like it says in John 14:15. And also because I love my brothers and sisters, which is what most of the Law is about.

Praise be to Father Yahweh through Christ for the victory, and not the Law. Pray!

• Winner
Reactions: Doug Melven
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
That's not how it works.

Look at what Paul says:

Romans 7:
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.​

He quoting the 10th commandment, Exodus 20:17, one specifically regarding a neighbor.

He's saying that by reading and hearing the Law we learn what sin is, and why we need Yahweh's grace which he affords to us through Christ. He writes the Law on our hearts this way, which we struggle to obey. (Romans 7:12-25)

Look at this Law:

Deuteronomy 22:
5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto Yahweh thy God.​

Yahweh sees this as an abomination. Did you know that Yahweh never changes? (Malachi 3:6)

I agree that a purpose of the law was to point out sin, which Paul confirms in the verses you quoted, and Paul was a Pharisee before his conversion, so he was very aware of every aspect of the law. However, you left out all numerous times that Paul wrote over and over and over and over about how we are no longer under the law, but under grace through Jesus Christ.

You need to read ALL of Romans, not just pick out a couple verses to apply out of context.

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

Neal of Zebulun

Oct 21, 2017
Texas
✟21,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree that a purpose of the law was to point out sin, which Paul confirms in the verses you quoted, and Paul was a Pharisee before his conversion, so he was very aware of every aspect of the law. However, you left out all numerous times that Paul wrote over and over and over and over about how we are no longer under the law, but under grace through Jesus Christ.

You need to read ALL of Romans, not just pick out a couple verses to apply out of context.

We could go on all night about this matter and still not agree. I'm not going to debate about it further in Amber's thread.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It has Sir. Christ has died, and is raised up from the dead.
If all of the prophecy was fulfilled at the time when Yahshua was raised; why was John instructed to write down the revelation given to him? You do realize that John's revelation parallels the revelations to other prophets. No? Are you claiming that John was speaking, in future or present tense, of events that had already taken place when Yahshua was raised?

If this is what you're really claiming; I feel very strongly that this deserves an in-depth explanation. I would urge you to start an independent thread on this subject.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's not out of context: 1 Corinthians 15:23-28.

You're going off topic. My point was that not all the prophecies have been fulfilled, and neither has the Law.
..and neither heaven nor earth have passed away. I don't believe that Yahweh's law will ever pass away. Could you even imagine Yahweh allowing lawlessness on the floor before his heavenly throne?

Upvote 0

Neal of Zebulun

Oct 21, 2017
Texas
✟21,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
..and neither heaven nor earth have passed away. I don't believe that Yahweh's law will ever pass away. Could you even imagine Yahweh allowing lawlessness on the floor before his heavenly throne?
Reminds me of Zechariah 14 after the Second Coming, when Egypt doesn't show up for Tabernacles!

Yikes!

Edit: wow, I had to word that better

Last edited:
Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many people have told me that too, but others have told me that we still have to listen to the OT Laws and I try to pray for clarity in what I must do, but I am so selfish and fearful over having to give stuff up, I usually end up just getting anxiety. I try giving it up to God, but I get thoughts while praying to Him and it makes me think that it didn't work because I had selfish thoughts while praying.
The spiritual source of our involuntary, evil/immoral or baseless thoughts of doubts, fears/worries, lust, greed, selfishness, hate, anger, jealousy, etc, is the devil - the result of Adam's Original Sin - GENESIS.3:14-19, ROMANS.5:12, JOHN.8:44, MATTHEW.16:23 & 23:27, MARK.7:21, 1JOHN.3:8.

Learn to counter such involuntary evil thoughts from the devil with the Law/Word of God(MATTHEW.4:1-11) and/or just ignore them(= let the thoughts come and go). We should not entertain such thoughts and let them bear fruit as voluntary sins/evil-deeds, eg blasphemy, murder, adultery, stealing, lying/cheating, dishonor parents, etc.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I've been learning about God recently (I've only been a Christian for a couple months) and I'm some how just now realizing that I may have to do the Sabbath day. This may sound weird, but it's making me panic.
I have terrible religious anxiety and OCD, so the moment I realize something like this, I panic and think I'm going to be damned for not doing it/doing it wrong. I also panic because I'm afraid of FOLLOWING the rules. The more rules there are, the more I may mess up.

Some people say we don't HAVE to do the Sabbath, but we can if we want. Others say that we need to. I've seen some mention how the law is written on your heart and the Holy Spirit convicts you if you do wrong, so if you don't feel conviction, do you have to do it?

I'm panicking because I don't want to do the Sabbath. It feels like a chore to make sure I don't do any chores. I have a problem with panicking over the rules instead of focusing on the relationship with God, but I don't want to do anything wrong. I'm so afraid all the time and this is just added stress in my head. I feel like I'm already panicking about a million things, and now I have to make sure I don't do anything all day on Saturday and I don't even know how to do that.

Some say if you don't feel like you have to, then don't do it. But others say that you need to. But it's supposed to be a day of rest and happiness I assume, and if it makes me upset, should I even do it?

I know that Jesus fulfilled the law, didn't abolish it, so does that mean we still have to do the Sabbath? Does that mean we still have to follow Leviticus? People say we live under grace and not the law, but that doesn't mean we can just go around and do harm all the time and do whatever you want. You're supposed to obey God's Word, right?

So then does it matter if I don't want to do the Sabbath? Do I have to force myself to do it? I don't really feel convicted to do it, I think, but I can't tell because I'm anxious all the time and my racing thoughts make it hard to focus. And I worry that even if God has told me what to do, I'm not recognizing it or not listening because of my fear of doing it. So I try to just open myself up and listen for Him, but I panic instead and I can't tell what's going on or stop thinking about it to avoid fear.

Then I also wonder is it on Saturday or Sunday? Is it okay to practice the Sabbath on Saturday at home alone, and then go to church on Sunday? Or does your Sabbath have to be on the day you go to church?

I feel like God doesn't want me to panic this much. I feel like the Sabbath should be a day I enjoy, but I panic and I just don't know what to do.

The main reasons I don't want to do the Sabbath are as follows:
-I live with my dad (I'm physically injured and can't work right now) and if he asks me to do something on the Sabbath and I don't, I fear getting in trouble. But I don't want to put the will of my dad's before the will of God.

-The weekend is the only time I get to really spend time with people. My dad is at work all week (He comes home at night but I only see him for a few hours) and I'm alone. All. The. Time. During the weekend, if my dad wants to do something on Saturday (or Sunday, which ever day one must do the Sabbath), I want to do it because I want to do something with a person and not be isolated.

-I worry that the list of things I'm not allowed to do will be a difficult task.
Am I allowed to use electricity?
Can I do the dishes?
Can I paint and do arts and crafts?

It says in the Bible (I think) that people were not supposed to light a fire or make people work. Would using electricity violate that?
Jesus was okay with his disciples picking wheat, and people apparently (to my knowledge) led their animals to water and stuff. Wasn't that considered chores? So it's okay to do some things? But what things are okay to do?

And I enjoy doing crafts and stuff. It's not work to me. I like doing it with my family, but is that bad? Saturday may be the only time I can do these things with my family (it may be doable on Sunday but idk). They don't follow the Sabbath so I would just be alone. That makes me sad.

I guess I can try to convince my family to do stuff on Sunday, after I get back from church. My dad likes to ride his motorcycles on Sunday, but I can try. Usually things are done on Saturday, though.

I just don't feel like the Sabbath is a day of rest for me. It's makes me panic instead. I don't mind the idea of focusing more on God. Maybe putting away the electronics, read the Bible more, don't go to work/school, etc.

I just worry about how far I have to take it, if I even have to do it at all. Jews don't use electricity and I'm not a Jew, but I still wonder if I can't. Am I supposed to just literally sit all day and do nothing? Except read the Bible?

Today I was worried about what I was supposed to do, but I went out with my dad for breakfast anyway and we went to the craft store. I don't feel bad about it necessarily, but I have anxiety. I ALWAYS have anxiety. About everything pretty much. I tried to recognize if I felt convicted before I went out and I didn't. I felt fine while I was out for the most part, too. Part of me is like, "What if this was wrong and I've been turning a blind eye to it and now I'm in trouble."
And part of me is like, "I feel fine about it, it's not big deal, God is still first in my life, it's fine, etc."

I don't know what to do. I panic over everything and I tend to blow things out of proportion and over complicate things. I don't want to do rituals to be a Christian, I just want to be friends with God, but I'm also aware that I have to obey, too. This just makes me panic. I guess it's because I'm selfish. I don't mind turning off distractions like the TV and my phone to focus more on God, but I worry about how far I have to take it (no dishes, laundry, family fun/outings, etc.)

Also, if I do have to do this, I messed up today obviously. But it ends when it gets dark right? I feel bad for asking because I feel like, "Okay it will be over and you will be safe."

Plus my dad wants to go see a movie with me tonight and I want to spend time with him, but I feel bad for being happy because I feel like I'm like, "Okay the Sabbath will be over and I can do what I want."
I don't want to be selfish.

I try to tell myself that if I have to do this, I can just try again next week and don't panic over today, that I'm still figuring this stuff out, but I don't want to excuse this Saturday since it would be sin if I did wrong today. I don't feel bad about it right now, though...

I just worry over everything. Everything has to be monitored for me. Every little detail has to be examined and perfect for me. If I don't do this Sabbath stuff perfectly, I'm afraid I'll go to hell.
I'm wondering why a person claiming to be a new Christian has such an issue. You're listening to religious people who want to enslave you. The best thing you could do is disassociate and distance yourself from those people.

Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I've been learning about God recently (I've only been a Christian for a couple months) and I'm some how just now realizing that I may have to do the Sabbath day. This may sound weird, but it's making me panic.
I have terrible religious anxiety and OCD, so the moment I realize something like this, I panic and think I'm going to be damned for not doing it/doing it wrong. I also panic because I'm afraid of FOLLOWING the rules. The more rules there are, the more I may mess up.

Some people say we don't HAVE to do the Sabbath, but we can if we want. Others say that we need to. I've seen some mention how the law is written on your heart and the Holy Spirit convicts you if you do wrong, so if you don't feel conviction, do you have to do it?

I'm panicking because I don't want to do the Sabbath. It feels like a chore to make sure I don't do any chores. I have a problem with panicking over the rules instead of focusing on the relationship with God, but I don't want to do anything wrong. I'm so afraid all the time and this is just added stress in my head. I feel like I'm already panicking about a million things, and now I have to make sure I don't do anything all day on Saturday and I don't even know how to do that.

Some say if you don't feel like you have to, then don't do it. But others say that you need to. But it's supposed to be a day of rest and happiness I assume, and if it makes me upset, should I even do it?

I know that Jesus fulfilled the law, didn't abolish it, so does that mean we still have to do the Sabbath? Does that mean we still have to follow Leviticus? People say we live under grace and not the law, but that doesn't mean we can just go around and do harm all the time and do whatever you want. You're supposed to obey God's Word, right?

So then does it matter if I don't want to do the Sabbath? Do I have to force myself to do it? I don't really feel convicted to do it, I think, but I can't tell because I'm anxious all the time and my racing thoughts make it hard to focus. And I worry that even if God has told me what to do, I'm not recognizing it or not listening because of my fear of doing it. So I try to just open myself up and listen for Him, but I panic instead and I can't tell what's going on or stop thinking about it to avoid fear.

Then I also wonder is it on Saturday or Sunday? Is it okay to practice the Sabbath on Saturday at home alone, and then go to church on Sunday? Or does your Sabbath have to be on the day you go to church?

I feel like God doesn't want me to panic this much. I feel like the Sabbath should be a day I enjoy, but I panic and I just don't know what to do.

-I live with my dad (I'm physically injured and can't work right now) and if he asks me to do something on the Sabbath and I don't, I fear getting in trouble. But I don't want to put the will of my dad's before the will of God.

-The weekend is the only time I get to really spend time with people. My dad is at work all week (He comes home at night but I only see him for a few hours) and I'm alone. All. The. Time. During the weekend, if my dad wants to do something on Saturday (or Sunday, which ever day one must do the Sabbath), I want to do it because I want to do something with a person and not be isolated.

-I worry that the list of things I'm not allowed to do will be a difficult task.
Can I do the dishes?

It says in the Bible (I think) that people were not supposed to light a fire or make people work. Would using electricity violate that?
Jesus was okay with his disciples picking wheat, and people apparently (to my knowledge) led their animals to water and stuff. Wasn't that considered chores? So it's okay to do some things? But what things are okay to do?

And I enjoy doing crafts and stuff. It's not work to me. I like doing it with my family, but is that bad? Saturday may be the only time I can do these things with my family (it may be doable on Sunday but idk). They don't follow the Sabbath so I would just be alone. That makes me sad.

I guess I can try to convince my family to do stuff on Sunday, after I get back from church. My dad likes to ride his motorcycles on Sunday, but I can try. Usually things are done on Saturday, though.

I just don't feel like the Sabbath is a day of rest for me. It's makes me panic instead. I don't mind the idea of focusing more on God. Maybe putting away the electronics, read the Bible more, don't go to work/school, etc.

I just worry about how far I have to take it, if I even have to do it at all. Jews don't use electricity and I'm not a Jew, but I still wonder if I can't. Am I supposed to just literally sit all day and do nothing? Except read the Bible?

Today I was worried about what I was supposed to do, but I went out with my dad for breakfast anyway and we went to the craft store. I don't feel bad about it necessarily, but I have anxiety. I ALWAYS have anxiety. About everything pretty much. I tried to recognize if I felt convicted before I went out and I didn't. I felt fine while I was out for the most part, too. Part of me is like, "What if this was wrong and I've been turning a blind eye to it and now I'm in trouble."
And part of me is like, "I feel fine about it, it's not big deal, God is still first in my life, it's fine, etc."

I don't know what to do. I panic over everything and I tend to blow things out of proportion and over complicate things. I don't want to do rituals to be a Christian, I just want to be friends with God, but I'm also aware that I have to obey, too. This just makes me panic. I guess it's because I'm selfish. I don't mind turning off distractions like the TV and my phone to focus more on God, but I worry about how far I have to take it (no dishes, laundry, family fun/outings, etc.)

Also, if I do have to do this, I messed up today obviously. But it ends when it gets dark right? I feel bad for asking because I feel like, "Okay it will be over and you will be safe."

Plus my dad wants to go see a movie with me tonight and I want to spend time with him, but I feel bad for being happy because I feel like I'm like, "Okay the Sabbath will be over and I can do what I want."

I try to tell myself that if I have to do this, I can just try again next week and don't panic over today, that I'm still figuring this stuff out, but I don't want to excuse this Saturday since it would be sin if I did wrong today. I don't feel bad about it right now, though...

I just worry over everything. Everything has to be monitored for me. Every little detail has to be examined and perfect for me. If I don't do this Sabbath stuff perfectly, I'm afraid I'll go to hell.
I admit I just read the first couple of sentences. But its all that is necessary. If you firmly believe you should keep the sabbath, you should keep it. If you don't, don't. The bible addresses this very issue. Romans 14 covers it nicely.

And remember, man was not made for the sabbath, but the sabbath for man. The Jews had one thing in common with the Muslims: God's laws were very controlling and specific. It is a "letter of the law" religion. Christianity is a "spirit of the law" religion. And before you think that somehow lets you off, remember what jesus said about simply thinking about having sex with another woman or hating your brother.

But follow Romans 14 and you'll be fine.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I would have to disagree with this deeply. While I can appreciate the zeal that goes into striving to obey Moses for the sake of Christ, it is simply not necessary, nor does it make any sense.

I agree that God does delight in the good, pure, loving, humble, and compassionate choices that we make out of love for Him, and others. But to expect anyone to obey Moses in Christ is simply wrong. It is not even humanly possible, as we have no system of daily sacrifice in the Temple at this point. If Christ fulfils one aspect (the animal sacrifice one) of Moses, He fulfils all, as the Torah is One Law, just as our Savior is One Man.
Ephesians 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

This says the law has been removed.

Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

This verse tells us the law is over as in the past.

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

This passage tells us the law has been removed and the law can't interfere.

Galatians 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

This passage tells us to throw out the law.

Romans 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

This passage tells us the law is dead and we're delivered from the law.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

This passage tells us no one or the law can condemn us.

What you chose to believe is up to you. You can listen to religious people or God's Word, the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm wondering why a person claiming to be a new Christian has such an issue. .

John 15:10 is spot on of course
Hebrews 8:6-10 Paul says it is Jesus who is speaking the TEN Commandments at Sinai
Ex 20:6 "Love Me and KEEP My Commandments" spoken by Christ at Sinai
John 14:15 "if you Love Me KEEP My Commandments" spoken by Christ BEFORE the cross.
1 John 5:2-3 "This IS the Love of God that we KEEP His Commandments"
James 2 - commandments of God with examples that are NOT listed in John 15:10
Matthew 19 "KEEP the Commandments... Which ones?" Jesus gives a list of examples NOT in John 15:10

Even though none of the NT examples include the commandment "do not take God's name in vain" that is ALSO still IN.

And of course for all eternity after the cross all mankind keeps the Sabbath in the New Earth "From Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL mankind come before Me to worship" Isaiah 66:23

Last edited:
Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This says the law has been removed.
Not really. The passages you quoted only state that salvation is not inherited by keeping Moses Law, but by having faith in Jesus Christ - EPH.2:14, GAL.3:13, etc. Paul emphasized this because his ex-fellow Jews were still falsely believing that the keeping of Moses Law would save them from hell when they die.

Christians are to not break God's Law or Moses Law, either ignorantly or wantonly, eg do not commit blasphemy, murder, adultery, etc. Gentile Christians are to keep the non-burdensome laws, esp morality laws, and are exempt from most of the ceremonial and religious laws.(ACTS.15:24-29). It is a fearful thing for Christians to fall into the hands of God by sinning or breaking His Law intentionally while they are still living on earth and not yet passed = they risk losing their salvation while suffering for their sins.(HEBREW.10:26-31, 1COR.5:5)

MATTHEW.5: =
17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not really. The passages you quoted only state that salvation is not inherited by keeping Moses Law, but by having faith in Jesus Christ - EPH.2:14, GAL.3:13, etc. Paul emphasized this because his ex-fellow Jews were still falsely believing that the keeping of Moses Law would save them from hell when they die.

Christians are to not break God's Law or Moses Law, either ignorantly or wantonly, eg do not commit blasphemy, murder, adultery, etc. Gentile Christians are to keep the non-burdensome laws, esp morality laws, and are exempt from most of the ceremonial and religious laws.(ACTS.15:24-29). It is a fearful thing for Christians to fall into the hands of God by sinning or breaking His Law intentionally while they are still living on earth and not yet passed = they risk losing their salvation while suffering for their sins.(HEBREW.10:26-31, 1COR.5:5)

MATTHEW.5: =
17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Amen!

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Can I do the dishes?

In the Garden of Eden, Eve disobeyed GOD.

Jesus says
John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
God only requires new Gentile Christians to begin their born-again lives of the Spirit by keeping 4 simple and non-burdensome laws of Moses.(cf; 1CORINTHIANS.3:1-3)

????!

(CLV) 1Co 3:1
And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual, but as to fleshy, as to minors in Christ.

(CLV) 1Co 3:2
Milk I give you to drink, not solid food, for not as yet were you able. Nay, still, not even now are you able,

(CLV) 1Co 3:3
for you are still fleshly. For where there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly and walking according to man?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most adult Gentiles have led lawless lives from childhood, wrt God's Law or Moses Law, very unlike adult Jews who are mostly law-abiding.
... So, most new Gentile Christians have been born-again of the Spirit as spiritual babes who are commanded by ACTS.15:24-29 to at least keep the 4 non-burdensome laws of Moses. Thereafter, as they grow in spirituality towards spiritual adulthood/maturity, it is expected of them to gradually learn to keep the other non-burdensome laws of Moses, especially morality laws, eg the Ten Commandments at EXODUS.20(cf; 1COR.6:9-11, GAL.5:19-21).

In comparison, most new Jewish Christians or Messianic Jews are born-again of the Spirit as spiritual adults and have little need to be taught about the Law, (eg the apostle Paul and John) except that they are required by God to continue to keep Moses Law, as many laws as possible, because it is not a burden to them.

P S - The breaking of God's Law/commandments will result in being cursed by God or His agents(eg the government/police - ROMANS.13) = lead a sad and short life on earth. Gentile Christians who ignorantly or wantonly break the non-burdensome laws will risk losing their salvation while suffering for their sins/evil-deeds,(1COR.5:1-5) like the wife of Job who likely cursed God and died.(JOB2:9)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Amber, I'm sorry I helped contribute turning this thread into a debate. I know if I made a thread and asked for that not to happen and it happened anyway, I would be upset.

But that's the way of things. I kinda messed up Matthew 22:39 and Leviticus 19:18 didn't I?

Well anyway, I'm glad that it's not the Law that saves us, cause I would be dead a long time ago.

But I still attempt to practice the Law because I love our Father and Savior, like it says in John 14:15. And also because I love my brothers and sisters, which is what most of the Law is about.

Praise be to Father Yahweh through Christ for the victory, and not the Law. Pray!
I question how claim to follow something and actually doing something else is doing the claimed.

How anyone can claim to follow Jesus by following the something else is interesting. I don't understand how this can be true.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If all of the prophecy was fulfilled at the time when Yahshua was raised; why was John instructed to write down the revelation given to him? You do realize that John's revelation parallels the revelations to other prophets. No? Are you claiming that John was speaking, in future or present tense, of events that had already taken place when Yahshua was raised?

If this is what you're really claiming; I feel very strongly that this deserves an in-depth explanation. I would urge you to start an independent thread on this subject.
Are you saying his vision was about the past?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Luke 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 8:6-10 Paul says it is Jesus who is speaking the TEN Commandments at Sinai
No he doesn't or you'd have posted it.
Ex 20:6 "Love Me and KEEP My Commandments" spoken by Christ at Sinai
No because the Seed hadn't come. Galatians 3:19.
John 14:15 "if you Love Me KEEP My Commandments" spoken by Christ BEFORE the cross.
Yes and Jesus' comparative statement of John 15:10 is also prior to the cross just like His statement in John 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
1 John 5:2-3 "This IS the Love of God that we KEEP His Commandments"
Which are... Isn't this a commandment of God: And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
James 2 - commandments of God with examples that are NOT listed in John 15:10
Matthew 19 "KEEP the Commandments... Which ones?" Jesus gives a list of examples NOT in John 15:10
Just more out of context proof texts. Your intention is to by pass John 10. Isn't this mocking Jesus?
Even though none of the NT examples include the commandment "do not take God's name in vain" that is ALSO still IN.
I don't believe you understand this or the NT (new covenant).
And of course for all eternity after the cross all mankind keeps the Sabbath in the New Earth "From Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL mankind come before Me to worship" Isaiah 66:23
Where does your verse say anything about what happens of the sabbath? I read it says between sabbaths. Your verse says from...to. It doesn't say on.

Upvote 0