Rush Limbaugh on Hurricane Irma: Powerful Storm or Liberal Conspiracy?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think limbaugh is not blaming liberals for the hurricanes But condemning them for linking them to climate change.
That was not how I read the article. It sounded like he was blaming liberals for either making up hurricanes to prove climate change, or making up false stories of flooding and destruction.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His complaints about not finding water or food on the shelves of his local store.

That's 'cause he's not vegan. If he were vegan, he'd find plenty of vegan food on the shelves.

Nobody else will take it.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
His complaints about not finding water or food on the shelves of his local store.

Well, I haven't read the article, but I don't get why people want bottled water, and selling it for $99.00 when you can fill jugs and bathtubs with tap water beforehand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...does tap water not run in a hurricane?

Most often, power goes out, the pumps that pump water into the gravity tanks stop. Gravity tanks go empty and the water supply stops.

As well, depending on what the community is using for its source and how the treatment is set up, source and treatment may become overly contaminated.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
A) Click bait
B) Generally speaking, Rush Limbaugh is a troll. He says things that will make the media foam at the mouth while doing it for laughs.

Keith Olbermann

Okay, I don't listen to Limbaugh, but you really can't complain about him and then cite Olbermann. The guy is one mention of gay frogs away from being in the same league as Alex Jones.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Olbermann has an actual news track record,unlike Jones,Limbaugh,O'Reilly and other right wing nutjobs. When trying to make a point, use some actual fact there chief.

Also more often then not, he tends to be right on points raised and backed up by others within the media.

Strike one.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Olbermann has an actual news track record,unlike Jones,Limbaugh,O'Reilly and other right wing nutjobs. When trying to make a point, use some actual fact there chief.

Also more often then not, he tends to be right on points raised and backed up by others within the media.

Strike one.

Alex Jones is a bit extreme of a comparison. I see him as more of a left-wing Glenn Beck. This despite the fact that I generally agree with most of his politics.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Alex Jones is a bit extreme of a comparison. I see him as more of a left-wing Glenn Beck. This despite the fact that I generally agree with most of his politics.

Glenn Beck is another nutjob conspiracy theorist that doesn't do a thing called journalism, unlike Olbermann.

I do love equating an actual journalist with a these conspiracy theorizing, tin-hat wearing, tabloid TV or radio styles of right win nutjobs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think limbaugh is not blaming liberals for the hurricanes But condemning them for linking them to climate change.

As someone who actually has heard the "rants" that the article is discussing, rather than simply reading about them in a biased clickbait article, I can confirm that this is the point that Rush Limbaugh is making.

• Informative
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That was not how I read the article. It sounded like he was blaming liberals for either making up hurricanes to prove climate change, or making up false stories of flooding and destruction.

This may shock you, but people are known to put up dishonest articles on the internet in order to generate more traffic than the truth would.

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As someone who actually has heard the "rants" that the article is discussing, rather than simply reading about them in a biased clickbait article, I can confirm that this is the point that Rush Limbaugh is making.

I read the transcript on his website and posted a link to it. That's one of the points he made, but not the only point. He also tried to give listeners the impression that the warnings were overblown and done for profit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hurricane Irma is gathering strength over the Atlantic Ocean as it heads towards the Caribbean. Already rated Category 5, it is expected to make landfall in Florida by the end of the week, with many worried about a repeat of the havoc caused in Texas and Louisiana by Hurricane Harvey.

Rush Limbaugh on Hurricane Irma: Powerful Storm or Liberal Conspiracy?

They media twists and distorts news and creates fake news as well. They are, with the exception of Fox News, liberal. CNN and MSNBC have a primary goal to destroy Trump by creating false propaganda that the Left eat and digest. I listen to Limbaugh a lot, I think he's right on the money 99% of the times. He thought Romney was going to have a landslide victory - that he was wrong about unfortunately.
I believe Global Warming is one of the biggest hoax perpetrated in the world. The earth has cooled in the last 20 years. Ask them for satellite DATA and they change the subject. As we've seen back in the 90's, these so called climate scientists' emails were exposed for false information and factual data withheld from their reports. But I guess people wanted to believe the lie.
NASA reported a year ago that Antarctica has increased in size by 80-100 billion tons of ice per year for the last 18 years. That's evidence from satellite data.
Global Warming was changed to Climate Change. Well, who can argue with those words -- IT CHANGES EVERY MINUTE OF THE DAY, WEEK, MONTH AND YEAR. But man and his carbon emissions do not have an effect on climate. It's junk science generated on computer models where false data is input and taken from hot spots --totally skewed.
The headline should read: "Powerful Storm and A Liberal Conspiracy."
It's both, they are both happening. The Libs are pushing Climate Change with every opportunity. Notice they take a break when we have extreme winters with record snowfalls and the whole North East is frozen. You don't hear them, they are on hiatus.
Global Warming is a disguise for Global Governance and the redistribution of wealth. The world wants the rich to pay taxes for climatic catastrophes outside anywhere on the planet! So a typhoon in Indonesia would be our fault, or a drought leading to a famine in Africa, etc. because we emit carbon and so we must pay for the damages. BS. This was one of Obama's agendas, yet I've noticed he travels around on a billionaire's yacht. I've noticed he only gives 1% to charity. I've noticed Hillary is worth $350 million all taken from quid-pro-quo "charitable foreign donors" through her Laundromat (Clinton Foundation) of which they only contribute 10% to charity. Oh they are slick, but that was done while she was Secretary of State - and so she should be in prison along with Al Gore, the phony who also reaps big profits from his hoax, "An Inconvenient Truth" and invested into solar industries. It's like insider trading, you know what industry will prosper and so you invest before the public can or knows.
Trump made his billions legally, not from thin air and deception. He's a producer. These people are shams, con artists, liars who are responsible for our debts, a destructive broad of vipers!
Rush was just making a point that liberals are using every and any hurricane, heat wave, drought, flood they can get to promote their agenda, which they are duped themselves to believe.
If the Left can believe these lies, it would be no surprise when God sends a strong delusion in the end times so that they believe the Biggest Lie as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Well, I haven't read the article, but I don't get why people want bottled water, and selling it for $99.00 when you can fill jugs and bathtubs with tap water beforehand.

...does tap water not run in a hurricane?

My recollection, after Hurricane Ike, is that I was without water for most of a week. As was mentioned, without power the water treatment plant can't run, the pumps pushing the water through the pipes (or up to gravity tanks) don't work, etc. The bottled water is really nice to have; in my case we used bottled water for drinking and food prep and the jug and bathtub water for everything else.

• Informative
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Global Warming is a disguise for Global Governance and the redistribution of wealth.

And yet, the US Navy is closely watching the rise of the water level on the east coast and laying plans to abandon bases like Charleston when the time comes. The US Navy and the Russian navy are also revising their plans using the Arctic icecap as a hiding zone for their ICBMs.

Upvote 0