Rush Limbaugh on Hurricane Irma: Powerful Storm or Liberal Conspiracy?

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hurricane Irma is gathering strength over the Atlantic Ocean as it heads towards the Caribbean. Already rated Category 5, it is expected to make landfall in Florida by the end of the week, with many worried about a repeat of the havoc caused in Texas and Louisiana by Hurricane Harvey.

Rush Limbaugh on Hurricane Irma: Powerful Storm or Liberal Conspiracy?

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
I don't need to even read the article when I see the words Rush Limbaugh and Liberal Conspiracy in regards to a Storm.

Keith Olbermann cause him a comedian with good reason :doh:

So Libreals have somehow transplanted God and are capable of creating hurricanes now? That's what I get from the title alone and justifying his inanity kills off brain cells.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To those of whom are going to be in the hurricane's path:

Immerse your hearts and souls in Jesus Ocean of Mercy, Holy Sacred Wounds and Precious Holy Blood with the Consecration of your hearts and souls to Jesus Sacred Heart and Consecration of your hearts and souls to our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary's Holy Immaculate Heart and those of your families and the Nation.

For Catholics:

More of Jesus Gods Holy Spirits Holy Divine Mercy Chaplets and Novenas prayed and include our Heavenly Mother Mary for Her Loving Holy Intercession.

Jesus Gods Holy Wound Chaplet

Our Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Gods Most Holy Rosary - so many more Catholics need to be praying to Jesus God Holy Spirit and to Holy Mother Mary Her Most Holy Rosary daily for the United States, The Phillipines and all Nations living in Poverty more often.

Praying to Jesus God Holy Spirit His Divine Mercy Chaplet and or Holy Novena then relax entirely.

The Most Holy Rosary
then relax entirely

Trusting in Jesus completely.

For Christians/Non Catholics:

Jesus Holy Wound Chaplet that Jesus delivered to Saint Marie Chambon in the early 1900s with many Holy Messages all directly reflecting Gods Holy Word, as Jesus said immersing ones heart and soul in His Precious Holy Sacred Wounds and Precious Holy Blood beseeching God on the Strength of His Bitter Passion and looking upon Jesus Divine Countenance - The Most Holy Face of Jesus and looking through Jesus Holy Sacred Wounds.

And The Our Father Prayers and Hail Marys for those whom pray these in addition to your own of course.

Always keep Jesus on His Cross and/or Jesus Holy Sacred Heart Images, Jesus Holy Divine Mercy Image, and/or our Blessed Holy Heavenly Mother Mary's Holy Images and/or Holy Rosary Beads with Jesus on His Cross on those Holy Rosary Beads with you in your homes. Jesus told Saint Faustina that wherever His Holy Divine Mercy Images are placed, He will more greatly Bless and Protect those whom keep them in their dwellings. And this includes all Holy Images of Jesus and Holy Mother Mary - Jesus on His Cross.

So many people of whom have gone ahead to take their lives have had the processes back fire and later discovered that Jesus Cross was with or right near them at the time in their vehicles and/or in their homes. Jesus manifests in His Holy Images and Holy Mother Mary. I am not posting this for debates only to offer to those of whom are in need of support and to take or not take with what I have posted.

The Islands, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica and Florida will be in my prayers today and this week asking Jesus God Holy Spirit and Holy Mother Mary for the downgrading of the Hurricane prior to impact just as Jesus/God/Holy Spirit downgraded all of the cyclones here over the past 3 years while praying Jesus Gods Holy Spirits Holy Divine Mercy Chaplet and The Most Holy Rosary to Jesus Holy Spirit and my Blessed Virgin Mother Mary with every Holy cause prayed for heard and answered by Jesus Holy Spirit and Holy Mother Mary through Jesus Mercy in His Holy Will.

I love You our Dear Lord Jesus God our Heavenly Father Holy Spirit and my Blessed Virgin Holy Mother with all of the Glory and Honour Yours our Blessed Holy Trinity now and forever. Amen.

Please Lord Jesus have Mercy upon the United States.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What an idiot. He actually thinks the flooding in Huston is just liberal hype? Send him down to witness Irma first hand.
You should probably read the article and not just the headline. Take note, also, that it's possible that the quotes are out of context.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You should probably read the article and not just the headline.
I did read the article. Flooding was not in the headlines. To me it seemed he was just complaining that the store shelves were empty.

But I was unclear what exactly he thought was "liberal hype;" the reporting of hurricanes, the hurricanes themselves, or the fear of destruction.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I did read the article. Flooding was not in the headlines. To me it seemed he was just complaining that the store shelves were empty.

But I was unclear what exactly he thought was "liberal hype;" the reporting of hurricanes, the hurricanes themselves, or the fear of destruction.
If you read the article, how did you not know that he was in the path of the hurricane?

And it it's unclear, was that because of what he said, or because the reporter had an agenda?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you read the article, how did you not know that he was in the path of the hurricane?
West Palm Beach is on the east coast of Florida, and the projected path of Irma takes it up the west coast. It will probably have weakened back to a Cat 3 storm by then.

What I wanted him to see was a direct hit at Cat 5 strength.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,583.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
West Palm Beach is on the east coast of Florida, and the projected path of Irma takes it up the west coast. It will probably have weakened back to a Cat 3 storm by then.

Reports I've seen are softly predicting it will turn northward on Florida and continue up the east coast.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Based on the article, why do you want that?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Based on the article, why do you want that?
So he can see first hand what the destruction of a major hurricane is like.

But he probably would say that all the wind and rain was nothing more than liberal hot air. (like they could conjure up such a storm)

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So he can see first hand what the destruction of a major hurricane is like.

But he probably would say that all the wind and rain was nothing more than liberal hot air. (like they could conjure up such a storm)
What did he say that would lead you to think he needs to know this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,141,465.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What an idiot. He actually thinks the flooding in Huston is just liberal hype? Send him down to witness Irma first hand.
I think limbaugh is not blaming liberals for the hurricanes But condemning them for linking them to climate change.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You should probably read the article and not just the headline. Take note, also, that it's possible that the quotes are out of context.

The Yahoo article is stupid and not informative, but if you read the actual transcript, you'll see that he still said a bunch of stupid stuff:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/09/05/my-analysis-of-the-hurricane-irma-panic/

For one thing, complaining that everything is politicized is pretty rich, given that he's been a huge part of that problem for at least 25 years, and that he's politicizing this storm by criticizing the "Drive-By Media".

I'm generally of the opinion that people freak out about this stuff too much, but his statement, "My point, you’re not a sitting duck. You could be a sitting duck tonight or tomorrow depending on what they do with the track" is pretty dumb. "Not now but maybe tonight" is a difference of 6-12 hours, which isn't much. It's now the following morning and yep, Irma is still heading straight for Miami. If I lived in Miami and I had the opportunity to go shopping last night after work, but Rush had convinced me to wait, then I might be out of luck now.

The entire monologue presents itself as a criticism of the profiteering built into media coverage of events like this - yet, the whole thing is little more than Limbaugh doing the same thing. He's taking an event and using it to convince his viewers that he's more clever than the media and all those urban rubes he's got for neighbors - and if he's more clever than they are, then he's probably worth listening to - and the more people who listen to him, the more ad revenue he brings in, and the more he gets paid.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The Yahoo article is stupid and not informative, but if you read the actual transcript, you'll see that he still said a bunch of stupid stuff:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/09/05/my-analysis-of-the-hurricane-irma-panic/

For one thing, complaining that everything is politicized is pretty rich, given that he's been a huge part of that problem for at least 25 years, and that he's politicizing this storm by criticizing the "Drive-By Media".

I'm generally of the opinion that people freak out about this stuff too much, but his statement, "My point, you’re not a sitting duck. You could be a sitting duck tonight or tomorrow depending on what they do with the track" is pretty dumb. "Not now but maybe tonight" is a difference of 6-12 hours, which isn't much. It's now the following morning and yep, Irma is still heading straight for Miami. If I lived in Miami and I had the opportunity to go shopping last night after work, but Rush had convinced me to wait, then I might be out of luck now.

The entire monologue presents itself as a criticism of the profiteering built into media coverage of events like this - yet, the whole thing is little more than Limbaugh doing the same thing. He's taking an event and using it to convince his viewers that he's more clever than the media and all those urban rubes he's got for neighbors - and if he's more clever than they are, then he's probably worth listening to - and the more people who listen to him, the more ad revenue he brings in, and the more he gets paid.
My point wasn't whether or not he said stupid stuff. It was whether it could be determined from the article, and whether the headline was accurate.

Neither are true.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟631,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
..the more people who listen to him, the more ad revenue he brings in, and the more he gets paid.
Everything and I mean every little thing that comes out of his mouth is for the purpose found in the quote. The more outrageous, controversial or downright stupid it is the more it feeds this premise. Anyone who thinks there's an ounce of integrity in anything he broadcasts has been severely fooled.

(the same applies to any controversial media personality, regardless of their political bent)

Upvote 0