Visit site
✟15,326.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I see. Yes, I do agree with you, those who told you that you were denying your true feelings were wrong. Who'd know that more than yourself? However, please understand, while you may have had those feelings arise from a certain incident, there are those who are born with attraction towards the same sex. And that much is fact. I hope the Lord helps you further in your life. God bless.

Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you think people can be born homosexual, as in through a generational curse or an act carried out by the parents during pregnancy, OR do you think homosexuality occurs when the person in question has opened doors in their life to let demons enter by themselves?
It can be either one. Which ever it is still a spirit that has been allowed either by the individual or parents

Upvote 0

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I made a couple of posts on the Unorthodox Forums and woke up a hornet's nest ...here are a couple of suggestions , from some dialogue with one of that forum's members .

Let us remember that : 1 Corinthians 6.9 contains "several sins of obsession" ; common to "the carnal chrisitanity " of today

If we truly love sinners and wish to minister to them ..
1. we need to pray the Lord of the Harvest
2. meet them where they are at
3. rejoice in what they have right
4. ask questions and accept , at the present point their answer, which many times we do not agree with
5. demonstrate our patience , grace, mercy ... by responding in a positive manner to what is true , and "flushing" & "ignoring" what is not ...

... a bruised reed he will not break , nor a smoking flax will he extinguish ... the kingdom is not eating nor drinking but righteousness, peace, and joy of the Holy Spirit ..

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would like to know what brings each one of you to such a topic as homosexuality and why you are concern with it?
homosexuality often affects each one of us
in one form or another. Sometimes quite
adversely.
Also I would like to say that most deffinatley some women are abused and this has caused them to redirect there affections towards the same sex who have not disrespected them.
That's common knowledge, yet people actually
argue that it's a 'coincidence'.

However, I do not believe this is THE "root cause" of homosexulaity. I do not believe there is a ROOT CAUSE. Many people have had differant experiences. There are some who have been hurt and are therefore in need of sexual healing- there are however, those that have had knowledge of same sex attraction since a very young age and have never had any abuse. For example- I am an attractive young lady, I have never had a problem getting a date with a guy- I felt same sex attraction since I was about 10. I have a friend who knew when she was 5.
[/QUOTE]
And there are child molestors who start out
at a very young age, is there a 'root'?
The law of God is a law of love, not discrimination. What is the sin of two consenting adults loving each other
You'd have to ask God:

Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex
and instead indulged in sex with each other.
27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women,
burned with lust for each other.
Men did shameful things with other men,
and as a result of this sin,
they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.
28 Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God,
he abandoned them to their foolish thinking
and let them do things that should never be done.

Or is this passage no longer a part of the
full counsel of God? Do we think that
men with men and women with women
is now natural or biblical?

sunlover

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I think there are demonic spirits that could drive people to homosexual experiences, but I don't think every homosexual is driven by an evil spirit.

As for actions being sinful, that to me would depend on if they are hurting anyone in their actions or not.

dayhiker

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Float,
I'd agree with you if I thought they were hurting God. They be hurting God if they aren't seeking Jesus. If they are seeking Jesus, then I believe they will find God and the Holy Spirit will start to lead them. That leading will lead them to love others. In that they wouldn't be hurting God.

dayhiker

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Float,
I'd agree with you if I thought they were hurting God. They be hurting God if they aren't seeking Jesus. If they are seeking Jesus, then I believe they will find God and the Holy Spirit will start to lead them. That leading will lead them to love others. In that they wouldn't be hurting God.

dayhiker

If they are truly seeking Jesus, and not some figment of their imagination Jesus, then Jesus will reveal Himself to them. They will be convicted of their perverse sin and in meeting the Saviour, will desire to be made whole.

That desire is what God is wanting to see. It is a heart attitude that tells Him whether they can be led or not. If the heart or will of an individual is stubborn and will not be led, then God sets about circumstances that will break it...just as any good trainer does with a wild horse. After a horse is broken, what results is a heart or will that is continually in line with the will of the owner--loyal, faithful and pliable. That is the desire of the heart of someone who knows Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It always amazes me that you know peoples hearts and what Jesus wants for them than they do.

I know Jesus and how He works in us. Basically, we are all the same---sinful, stubborn and weak and dying. With Jesus living His life in us, He is powerful to change us from the inside out!

Why? To reveal HIS GLORY! He only creates masterpieces.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=wwJEdo1FlMo

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I know Jesus and how He works in us. Basically, we are all the same---sinful, stubborn and weak and dying. With Jesus living His life in us, He is powerful to change us from the inside out!

Why? To reveal HIS GLORY! He only creates masterpieces.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=wwJEdo1FlMo
I also know Jesus and I know what He is doing in my life and I agree its to His glory.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Dear dayhiker,
A friend of mine is a father and I know what his heart for his children is according to what he has said about his heart for them.
Jesus has said what the Father's heart is for His children, how can one not know?
Hi Phinehas2,
I'm a father and I konw how a father wants his children to be who they are suppose to be. But I don't expect my two sons, who are close, to be the same.
Now I was in a church a while ago, my EX was having problems with me and went to the pastors. I agreed to be counciled by them. As the counciling went on I came to realize that they were asking me to me someone I couldn't be and someone that God didn't create me to be. I finally had to stand up and say that's not what God is asking of me. You have an agenda for me that isn't what God wants.
My wife divorced me over this. Over me doing what God was asking me to do. She is a good Christian that loves Jesus with all her heart.
So I know about raising boys and letting them be who God wants them to be. I know about standing up to be who God wants me to be. In that and many other things God has worked into my spirit, I don't seem God asking of people some of the things that other think God is asing.

Micha 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good,
and what the Lord really wants from you:
He wants you to promote justice, to be faithful,
and to walk humble with your God.

God bless
dayhiker

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thanks for the love Float.

Life never quite goes as planned ... sometimes not even close.

Blessings
dayhiker

Yes, it helps to plan loosely...God is the one with the hard and fast designs.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.