Not open for further replies.

Randy89

May 14, 2008
✟7,766.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I don't think that homosexuals are born gay because God says in the Bible that it is an abomination and I don't think God would creat anything that is an abomination to Him.
Humans are born with a sin nature yet sin is an abomination. So why couldn't a person be born gay?

Upvote 0

Randy89

May 14, 2008
✟7,766.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Homosexuality is definately not genetic. It is a mental disorder, caused, many times, by abuse, sexual or other, during childhood. The American Psychiactric Association came out and said that it is not a mental disorder, but, that was because they were unsuccessful in treating it, using all standard treatment practices. The truth is than most homosexuals don't want to change so any treatment will fail. A person can be delivered from homosexuality as with any illness, mental or physical.

I have heard first hand stories from gays who were not abused but are gay. Some grew up in Christian homes and tried to change but could not. What about them? What about the gay animals? Cant say that it was from their experience that they are gay. Aren't some people born with mental illness? I was born dyslexic. If you are born with a mental illness that would not be your choice.

Upvote 0

Randy89

May 14, 2008
✟7,766.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

Actually another intersting thought recently shared with me; Homosexuality is not physiologicaly substantiable because a Lesbian and a Sodomite (I refuse to use the word Gay, a word found in my Bible (KJV) meaning goodly, happy, bright...I'm taking that one back :thumbsup: ) can have children. Where as two Homosexuals of the same gender, obviously cannot reproduce. Therefore, left to themselves, they will end in extinction. The conclusion being that Homosexuality is geared to the extinction of the human race. What does every one else think about this?
(I dare say that this is one of the reasons why God judges it in his word as an Abomination, Lev 18:22-30)

Well once again just my two bobs worth :) .

Gods grace be with you,

MattyJames
I don't see how reproduction fits in because there are some woman who can't get pregnant and there are men who are sterile.

Upvote 0

Randy89

May 14, 2008
✟7,766.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yes!

It is a mistake to become obsessed with demonology but It is a mistake to pretend Demons are not around to cause trouble for the church.

The evil one tempts, cajoles, causes doubts and entices people with sin. We are to look out for weaker brothers/ sisters. The devil is like a lion looking for someone to devour- if you watch a nature programme lions try to get the weakest animal in the group.

If you can resist the devil then good- we need to help those who as yet cannot.

If possible we should restore those who have fallen and help those outside the body who are struggling with issues with a spiritual root.

At the name of Jesus we have the victory over these demons.

:)

I just had a bible class on this. Some wacky stuff. New age people willingly call "spirit guilds" on to them. Talk about a wolf in a sheep's clothing.

Upvote 0

Randy89

May 14, 2008
✟7,766.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Well said.

It bothers me when people single out homosexuality. It is certainly not *the* only sin.

As for the roots of it, in the abuse recovery forum I mentioned a hitchhiker my mother picked up, who stayed with her as a live-in relationship for two years and who was wholly abusive to our family.

I was 16 at the time and had a 14-year-old brother. He had always dated, and only ever spoke of dating, girls. But he is a sweet and sensitive soul, and he is into artistic crafts such as macramé. Therefore, this abusive man began to make fun of him. Instead of calling him by his name, he began to call my brother Brucie. ("Bruce" at the time was the stereotypical gay name.) I warned the man that his constantly saying it may actually cause it to happen, but of course he scoffed. Who listens to a 16-year-old?

At the age of 19, my brother officially came out.....

After living for two years with a man who persisted in telling him he was gay. I rest my case.

There are those such as hermaphrodites who are "born that way." For this reason I do support civil marriages. I must disagree with those who say, "God made male and female, not in-between." Not true. Hermaphrodites, today called intersexed individuals, do exist. And what are they supposed to do when they want to marry? Take a wife, or take a husband?

But in the case of my brother at least, I would have to say that the evidence shows he was made that way, not born that way.

I feel so bad for intersex people. I know a lot of time the parents decide if the want to child to be turn in to male or female. What if they make the wrong choice? That would be horrible. They would never be comfortable with their bodies. I agree that there should be civil unions for these people. I think it can be about of human rights. What if their loved one was sick and dying and they could not visit them in the hospital? Plus all the other benifits like that they should get.

Upvote 0

Randy89

May 14, 2008
✟7,766.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I must agree with you there. Given my brother, whom I adamantly refused to "hate" or "reject" because of his orientation, I have thoroughly studied Romans 1. Homosexuality--and the various other behaviors grouped into Romans 1 also--seem to be cited as the *result of sin.

What confounds me is how many people rattle off parts of Romans 1 to condemn gay people, but stop before they get to Romans 2:1 which says in essence, "But you're no better than anyone else, so don't judge."

I don't think conditions are from sin. Remember what Jesus said to the blind man?

Upvote 0

Randy89

May 14, 2008
✟7,766.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Maybe so, but how many people consider anything other than, "You are an abomination, God hates you, and you're going to hell," condoning their actions?

I see this attitude all the time. I attend a Christian school and that is how most people there act. It's a really sad thing to witness. They aren't trying to help the person they just bash and bash.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I check in on the homosexual discussion because I used to believe it was a sin and then I studied what the Bible says about sex and sin and had to change my views from the traditions I was brought up on. So I like to see what is being said.

As to the cause of homosexuality, I think there are more than one cause. Many are born that way. Some aren't any good at getting love from the opposite sex and so turn to the same sex. Some are seduced into it and probably a few more reasons.

To me the issue is weither they love Jesus or not and how they treat other people. So as with all classifications some people love others and some don't.

dayhiker

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I check in on the homosexual discussion because I used to believe it was a sin and then I studied what the Bible says about sex and sin and had to change my views from the traditions I was brought up on. So I like to see what is being said.

As to the cause of homosexuality, I think there are more than one cause. Many are born that way. Some aren't any good at getting love from the opposite sex and so turn to the same sex. Some are seduced into it and probably a few more reasons.

To me the issue is weither they love Jesus or not and how they treat other people. So as with all classifications some people love others and some don't.

dayhiker

But you don't realize that the love of God found in Jesus Christ is what people are longing for? That the homosexuality is a perverted way of realizing love in one's life? Jesus is the answer and you really should be preaching that. A homosexual person doesn't love another homosexual when he or she is causing them to commit a sin also.

Upvote 0

JediMobius

The Guy with the Face
Jan 12, 2006
Beer City, Michigan
✟10,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And there is deliverance for these folks through Jesus.

here is a website for what you were describing- do you agree with this?

Circuit Teaching International - Deliverance

For Gay people there is hope: For this purpose was the Son of God made manifest- to destroy the works of the evil one. Every captive can be released, every yoke broken, every wound healed, where there was strife- peace, where there was hate- love, where there was lonliness- friendship and purpose, where there was sin-holiness.

:)

That's a great resource you posted. :D It's a good thing I got rid of the false perception that being saved I can't have demons in me anymore. I can actually remember a dream I had now where I was following someone through different rooms in a rather fancy house, and we got to this one where a bunch of people were standing around, and this one stepped toward me, and at once I exclaimed "Demon!" Still in the dream, I called to Jesus for help immediately, and then I woke up quick as a snap. You better believe I prayed fervently for Jesus to rid my room of demons right then! I realize now God must have been showing me a demon to get rid of it since I never would have thought to check or get rid of one on my own.

I've always always known homosexual sin to be wrong as long as I was Christian, but now (after some prayer and study) I should be able to dismantle the idea that a homosexual will always be a homosexual (cited articles saying reformed homosexual Christians never really reformed n whatnot)

Upvote 0

CTyer

Servant of the Lord
Oct 26, 2007
✟15,629.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
dayhiker, when a person studies what the Bible says about sex and sin, in search of the truth, it would be impossible to arrive at a conclusion other than, the practice of homosexual sex is forbidden by God and is abominable in His sight and those who engage in a lifestyle of this particular sin, along with a host of others will not enter the Kingdom of God and their "good works" do not make up for it. God does not make special provisions for certain sinners to keep their sin and enter in. We are called to crucify our flesh, to die to ourselves (our fleshly desires that oppose the Lord), take up our crosses and follow HIM. This mandate is universal to ALL believers.

Calvin Tyer

dayhiker

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hi CT,
Well, its not impossible because many Christians have indeed come to that conclusion.
I use the grammatical historical method of interpreting the Bible. That method, which I was taught in Bible college and is accepted my many Christians that you no doult would respect leads me to understand thatt here is homosexal activity that God would call sin. As with you I agree its in connection with the word abombination.
When I studied the use of the word abombination in the Bible its almost always used in connection with idol worship. This is consistant with the message of the whole OT. God continually spoke to Isreal thru the prophets that they should not worship idols like the nations around them did. This is also fits a man shall not lay with a man as with a woman. The nations around Isreal incluses men having sex with men as a part of worshipping their idols.
Now I don't want to add to God's word anad make what God doesn't call a sin sin. God called mixing sexuality with idol worship sex is a sin. I agree with God and His word on that. I don't see many homosexuals today mixing idol worship and sex. So I don't see those verses as speaking to them.
dayhiker

dayhiker, when a person studies what the Bible says about sex and sin, in search of the truth, it would be impossible to arrive at a conclusion other than, the practice of homosexual sex is forbidden by God and is abominable in His sight and those who engage in a lifestyle of this particular sin, along with a host of others will not enter the Kingdom of God and their "good works" do not make up for it. God does not make special provisions for certain sinners to keep their sin and enter in. We are called to crucify our flesh, to die to ourselves (our fleshly desires that oppose the Lord), take up our crosses and follow HIM. This mandate is universal to ALL believers.

Calvin Tyer

Upvote 0

ChemicalrXn

Dec 28, 2009
✟7,611.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
But you don't realize that the love of God found in Jesus Christ is what people are longing for? That the homosexuality is a perverted way of realizing love in one's life? Jesus is the answer and you really should be preaching that. A homosexual person doesn't love another homosexual when he or she is causing them to commit a sin also.

This is an old discussion, but I felt the need to address this.

The love of God is what everyone is longing for. But it doesn't give people the gift of singleness, like Paul received. With regard to the above statement, it's a logical fallacy to condemn homosexuality without condemning heterosexuality simply because it's seeking love that is not from God. It's the search for love from another human being, and if you were to debate from this angle, then a great many, regardless of sexual orientation, would engage in a perverted act to realize love in their lives.

I believe that God calls people to different things in their lives, and we may not understand or agree, but we cannot judge whether or not they have acted prayerfully. In the end, it is the Lord that judges.

I also think that any love cannot be wrong. Love is a gift from God, and all His gifts are good ones.

Perhaps I cannot be sure what God means, but I know that He has impressed upon my heart to love these people without judgment, and perhaps even to preach of the things that I feel I have learned that do not coincide with the traditions that I was taught. Most importantly, though, I know that I have been called to love, and love I shall, in hopes that I may win hearts for God and then He will guide these people in His way. Because, who could be a better guide than the Holy Spirit himself?

Just my two cents worth. I guess I've come to realize that these debates about homosexuality amongst other things always end in angry people who disagree so violently that it begins to get personal and we forget that we are all just part of the same body of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I started thinking about this because in the conference centre where i work, one of the trainers that has come in is really camp. So i got thinking about homosexuality.

Do you think people can be born homosexual, as in through a generational curse or an act carried out by the parents during pregnancy, OR do you think homosexuality occurs when the person in question has opened doors in their life to let demons enter by themselves?

If it's the latter, a guy i know from school was camp since he was a little boy, it was pretty obvious and he is now definitely gay. So that made me think about generational curses or something happening in a pregnancy. I know that not all people who are camp are necessarily homosexual.

Does anyone have any thoughts/explanations on the roots of this?

I concur completely with Psalms 91, i.e., "it is a spirit and these people need deliverance and yes i believe it can be carried over as in a generational curse"

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat On
dr-seuss-cat-in-hat-2.jpg

This thread has been closed, since rules changes since it was last active mean that this can no longer be discussed in this area.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.