✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jillymac said:
I started thinking about this because in the conference centre where i work, one of the trainers that has come in is really camp. So i got thinking about homosexuality.

Do you think people can be born homosexual, as in through a generational curse or an act carried out by the parents during pregnancy, OR do you think homosexuality occurs when the person in question has opened doors in their life to let demons enter by themselves?

If it's the latter, a guy i know from school was camp since he was a little boy, it was pretty obvious and he is now definitely gay. So that made me think about generational curses or something happening in a pregnancy. I know that not all people who are camp are necessarily homosexual.

Does anyone have any thoughts/explanations on the roots of this?
I have mod hatted this thread

Upvote 0

cruztacean

Oct 7, 2005
✟8,818.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
rnmomof7 said:
Mod Hat

The rules of this forum are that the threads are Denominational SPECIFIC

That means theis thread started by a pentacostal may only have discussion/debate by that denomination.

From Erwins note at the top of the forum

"Essentially, people from a particular denomination can open a denomination-specific thread to discuss certain controversial topics like homosexuality ONLY WITH PEOPLE OF THE SAME DENOMINATION - please make it clear in the Subject of the Thread which denomination is being discussed."

Please observe the rule

Thanks
If this is addressed to me, I am Pentecostal/Sprit-Filled by faith, but my icon doesn't say so because I have not yet found a specific home church.

I'm still new here and am doing my best to observe the rules. :)

PS: I have personalized my icon to reflect what I just said. I hope this clears up any confusion about my denomination. :clap:

Re-edit: I have now had my icon updated to reflect my Pentecostal beliefs. :D

Upvote 0

prisonchaplain

Feb 25, 2006
Federal Way, WA
✟15,539.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jillymac said:
I started thinking about this because in the conference centre where i work, one of the trainers that has come in is really camp. So i got thinking about homosexuality.

Do you think people can be born homosexual, as in through a generational curse or an act carried out by the parents during pregnancy, OR do you think homosexuality occurs when the person in question has opened doors in their life to let demons enter by themselves?

If it's the latter, a guy i know from school was camp since he was a little boy, it was pretty obvious and he is now definitely gay. So that made me think about generational curses or something happening in a pregnancy. I know that not all people who are camp are necessarily homosexual.

Some are born with a predisposition to same-gender sexual temptation. Others--the majority, probably had some experiences that moved them that way. Regardless, like alcoholic temptation, the solution is abstinence. exodus international is probably the best known ministry for those who wish to leave the lifestyle--especially because of their faith convictions.

Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jillymac said:

It's due to unbelief towards God then the fruit is shown as Unforgiveness all because the enemies (in the heart) are still on the land - we get tired of waiting upon the Lord so we throw in our jewry and we have 'aaron' make a gold calf for us so that we can see (lust of the eyes) our god and proclaim him to be our god who took us out of Egypt. While the truth being - Egypt had remained 'camped' with us due to unbelief - even when we see or will see Great Miracles by God. Yet still not knowing His ways.

So, Jesus came and said, Turn around (Repent and consider your ways) and believe what I say (believe the Good News ---> I have heard from my Father in Heaven <--- bring).

Connie

Upvote 0

Janz2

Mar 10, 2006
✟116.00
Faith
Pentecostal

REPLY: I deffinatly don't believe that homosexuality is due to people being open to demons. When Christians have this view of homosexuals it breads homophobia... which is terribly detructive to society and to the human homosexuals soul and understanding of Jesus.

My father is a pentecostal pastor. I had a fabulous childhood, loving, spirit filled, I never knew any homosexuals, or ever watched anything inappropriate contentogrphic, I was never abused, and very much in love with Jesus. In yet I struggled with sexual feelings towards my best female friend as well as other females. I felt terribly guilty and prayed and fasted for many years for God to change this from happening in me. It hasn't changed. I am still incredibly faithful to the church and to the Lord although I struggle with these feelings. I think it is important for christians to eductae themselves on this subject.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, Janz2! Welcome to CF! And in answer to your post, I don't know.

The only 2 homosexuals I'm close to, especially one man, he's the youngest of 9 children, mostly sons who are all hetero. And when he wants to, he can sound like the roughest most masculine New Yorker you can imagine. So, which is the put on identity? Sadly, he met his partner 35 years ago at Catholic Seminary. :cry: I love them both and pray for them.

Upvote 0

cruztacean

Oct 7, 2005
✟8,818.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How much influence can come from other people, in a way that is not the individual's fault at all? A few posts back I cited my brother as an example; here is another one. Obviously some traumatic things have happened to this woman, and I refuse to believe God wants us to use a handful of out-of-context scriptures as an excuse to hate her.

It's a friend of ours. A man had been sexually harassing her (IMO) at work, where she had been trying her best not to be "out." The man had been persistent in asking her to have a date with him, in an obnoxious manner full of innuendos, and would not take no for an answer. Finally she exploded. As she told us, "Well, :sigh: I'm 'out' at work now."

She had turned on him with full fury and said, "No, I will not go out with you. I don't go out with men. I hate men, and YOU are the reason."

For the record, I'm married to a man, but I certainly relate to her sentiment. I was abused by many men. Every time I have a problem with something my husband does, and someone laughs it off and says, "Oh, he's just being a man," there is something in me that wants to respond to that in the same way my friend did.

So, could one of the "root causes" possibly be that a person has been so horribly abused by a person or persons of the opposite sex?

Upvote 0

Janz2

Mar 10, 2006
✟116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I would like to know what brings each one of you to such a topic as homosexuality and why you are concern with it?

Also I would like to say that most deffinatley some women are abused and this has caused them to redirect there affections towards the same sex who have not disrespected them. However, I do not believe this is THE "root cause" of homosexulaity. I do not believe there is a ROOT CAUSE. Many people have had differant experiences. There are some who have been hurt and are therefore in need of sexual healing- there are however, those that have had knowledge of same sex attraction since a very young age and have never had any abuse. For example- I am an attractive young lady, I have never had a problem getting a date with a guy- I felt same sex attraction since I was about 10. I have a friend who knew when she was 5. There are many genetical reasons, as well as environmental. When we discern one who is hurting then the root is an issue to consider. However, for some people there is no explanation. Either then that they are most content and fully realized with someone of their own sex. This needs to be understood. The law of God is a law of love, not discrimination. What is the sin of two consenting adults loving each other?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cruztacean

Oct 7, 2005
✟8,818.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Janz2 said:
I would like to know what brings each one of you to such a topic as homosexuality and why you are concern with it?

There are many gay people in my life, some of them very close to me. :)

I wasn't trying to say definitively that abuse is "the" root cause. I was asking if it is possible that abuse is "a" root cause, in which case how can anyone blame the victim by pointing fingers and using words like abomination?

I am interested in what Janz2 has to say on the subject. She is the first person I have come across who has confronted the issues and yet was not abused.

Janz2, you may now picture me in the student's desk, listening. :)

Upvote 0

Janz2

Mar 10, 2006
✟116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I think abuse is deffinately "a" root cause; caused by a fear of rejection.

homosexual people deffinately need to be reached. A lot of young people question their sexuality as they are seperating from their parents and searching for intimate relationships. Also, in queer culture there tends to be a lot of brokeness. Many gay people are a lot more promiscuous. I think this is due to the fact that there's no standard (commitment such as marriage in society) for homosexuals. They are often rejected by family and society and that hurt is often turned into a sexual outlet (as it also is in hetrosexuals). A desperation to find acceptance.

It is difficult living with feelings of deep attraction to the same sex and feeling overwhelmed by guilt from the church. It is really difficult when parents try to cast demons out of you and call you a pervert when you have been honest about a deep love you have for someone that is not accpetable to them. It is difficult to repress these feelings, to pray everytime you start thinking about that "someone" to fast for days to be "set free" only to be in the same place you started. It's difficult to imagine a life alone, because you are not allowed to express these feelings you have. It's difficult when you are surrounded by ignorant christians.

Upvote 0

thirst2

Apr 26, 2006
Visit site
✟15,326.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Janz2 said:
I think abuse is deffinately "a" root cause; caused by a fear of rejection.

homosexual people deffinately need to be reached. A lot of young people question their sexuality as they are seperating from their parents and searching for intimate relationships. Also, in queer culture there tends to be a lot of brokeness. Many gay people are a lot more promiscuous. I think this is due to the fact that there's no standard (commitment such as marriage in society) for homosexuals. They are often rejected by family and society and that hurt is often turned into a sexual outlet (as it also is in hetrosexuals). A desperation to find acceptance.

As I read your post I find it slightly difficult to see if you are anti- or pro-gay (or perhaps that wasn't at all part of your post and, in which case, forgive me for looking for that). In any case, I don't think that pain is neccissarily a part of believing you're gay. There is, of course, the possibility that it is directly by birth and nothing besides that decides that. I know a great deal of gays (I'm in a Gay-Straight Alliance) and I know from talking to them that they believe that it is something out of their control. Also, many of them have not felt rejection, have married parents, and love those around them. Also, there have been many time people have tried to "cure" gays. I believe from a collective study of many tries over the years, only .01% of the people recieving the treatment were "cured". Anyway, that's my belief.

Upvote 0

Janz2

Mar 10, 2006
✟116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
thirst2 said:
As I read your post I find it slightly difficult to see if you are anti- or pro-gay (or perhaps that wasn't at all part of your post and, in which case, forgive me for looking for that). In any case, I don't think that pain is neccissarily a part of believing you're gay. There is, of course, the possibility that it is directly by birth and nothing besides that decides that. I know a great deal of gays (I'm in a Gay-Straight Alliance) and I know from talking to them that they believe that it is something out of their control. Also, many of them have not felt rejection, have married parents, and love those around them. Also, there have been many time people have tried to "cure" gays. I believe from a collective study of many tries over the years, only .01% of the people recieving the treatment were "cured". Anyway, that's my belief.
Dear Thirst2

I really appreciate your comment. It's been a whiel since anyone replied. I guess I've never used anti- or pro gay in my vocablary. I am supportive of the concept that gay people just are it's it's ok. Its neither a virtue or a vice. I believe that often hurt and rejection can execute in sexual outlet in homosexuals, however this is also the case in hetrosexuals. I believe that abuse can be one reason why people turn to the same sex for comfort. Sexual healing can cure this, however some people's environments, biology... ect cause them to have feelings and it is normal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Janz2

Mar 10, 2006
✟116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
thirst2 said:
Very reasonable. I believe you may be right. Thank you for this discusion.
thank-you for the reply it was very refreshing to hear. I am often confronted with so much negativity when it comes to christians and homosexulaity. It is really disheartening to me how closed people can be and how unwilling they are to educate themselves.... so for this I am greatful to you.

Upvote 0

Hohua

Jul 1, 2006
✟15,112.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Foregive the real newbie-newbie here - aka me...

Is anyone on this forum ex-gay? I see a whole lot of pages of back-and-forth discussion about gays and homosexuality, but not very many from people that have been in the trenches themselves.

Just to add a few thoughts...

Homosexuality is a complex issue. It involves body, soul, and spirit. As someone who is recovering from a homosexual thought life (not actions), I can tell you that homosexuality is not a single issue.

Also, the Christian world today seems to have two extremes -- bash homos to bits [God hates them, you see], OR pretend homosexuality is not a sin. And then there are those few that actually care about helping people recover from homosexuality.

Just a few thoughts.

Hohua

Upvote 0

thirst2

Apr 26, 2006
Visit site
✟15,326.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, that would be taking the position that one, homosexuality is a sin and two, that it is a curable condition. I am not an ex-gay, but I am bi. And I can tell you, from someone who at first tried to fight what they were born as and it not going away (and as someone who knows people who'd prefere death rather than who they are) that being homosexual is not a sin. I started a thread called Gay Christians and Supporters. It sort of turned into a war-zone in the end but at the beginning are some stories by gay Christians. It can give you another perspective, if you're interested. Trust me my brother, if God made this a sin He would not have made me born with it. And that much I know like I know I am Christian.

Upvote 0

KTskater

Dec 2, 2004
✟21,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've experianced the shock of believing you might be gay. It is the most horrible feeling in the world (next to one your parents dying, I suppose). I've also begun to experiance freedom through Christ. The majority of people I tell this too either tell me it's just wishful thinking and I'm just ignoring my true feelings (which irks me so much, because they act like they know what's in my heart), or that it's a teenage phase anyway, it would leave on it's own.
Well, I can tell you molestation is a big factor in a lot of my problems. I was trying to figure out why I had all these issues regarding sex...and one night when I was speaking with my boyfriend, it dawned on me. I remembered the horrible experiance I had when I was 7, the experiance I had done everything in my power to forget about. I unconsciously avoided anything that would remind me of the experiance. And for a long time, that was any sexual thought about the opposet sex. I had emotional attachments to guys, but I could never being myself to see them in a sexual way untill latley.
According to my mother (who knows nothing about the incident) I was a perfectly normal little girl up untill I was about 7 or 8, then I wanted to wear boys clothles all the time and I refused to be friends with the other girls. I strongly believe that has come connection to the molestation.
When I became very depressed about a year ago, I suddenly felt an attraction to girls that was never there before. I was so scared. I despretly tried to find some answers, I went to every place I could find. But the only place I found the answers that I wanted was the Bible. I became truly saved shortly after that. And I've been working with God ever since, He has made me able to live with these disires under control, and I do believe once I work through all my problems he will remove the feelings once and for all.

I believe I am proof of the love and work of our Lord in those who thought they could never be loved.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.