God is my Strength
Feb 3, 2005
Scotland
✟18,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I started thinking about this because in the conference centre where i work, one of the trainers that has come in is really camp. So i got thinking about homosexuality.

Do you think people can be born homosexual, as in through a generational curse or an act carried out by the parents during pregnancy, OR do you think homosexuality occurs when the person in question has opened doors in their life to let demons enter by themselves?

If it's the latter, a guy i know from school was camp since he was a little boy, it was pretty obvious and he is now definitely gay. So that made me think about generational curses or something happening in a pregnancy. I know that not all people who are camp are necessarily homosexual.

Does anyone have any thoughts/explanations on the roots of this?

TreeOfLife

A son of God!
Aug 12, 2005
Alabama, USA
✟9,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jillymac said:
I started thinking about this because in the conference centre where i work, one of the trainers that has come in is really camp. So i got thinking about homosexuality.

Do you think people can be born homosexual, as in through a generational curse or an act carried out by the parents during pregnancy, OR do you think homosexuality occurs when the person in question has opened doors in their life to let demons enter by themselves?

If it's the latter, a guy i know from school was camp since he was a little boy, it was pretty obvious and he is now definitely gay. So that made me think about generational curses or something happening in a pregnancy. I know that not all people who are camp are necessarily homosexual.

Does anyone have any thoughts/explanations on the roots of this?

I don't know about all that, but I'll never look at camp meetings the same anymore. ;) :D

Upvote 0

Jillymac

God is my Strength
Feb 3, 2005
Scotland
✟18,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BenAdam said:
I have seen quite a few homosexuals speak about incidents of molestation in their youth or early adolesence. I think this causes alot of guilt. Children by nature are selfish and when things happen to them, they blame themselves.

thats a good point

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,718.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
bill16652 said:
it is a spirit and these people need deliverance and yes i believe it can be carried over as in a generational curse

And there is deliverance for these folks through Jesus.

here is a website for what you were describing- do you agree with this?

http://members.shaw.ca/jrsmott/cti/Book16.html

For Gay people there is hope: For this purpose was the Son of God made manifest- to destroy the works of the evil one. Every captive can be released, every yoke broken, every wound healed, where there was strife- peace, where there was hate- love, where there was lonliness- friendship and purpose, where there was sin-holiness.

:)

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
enoch son said:
I will tell you a secret if you promise not to tell? Jesus would have gone to their dinner party faster then He would have gone to a scribe or pharisees dinner party. I don't see gay's listed in the WOE'S of Matt 23. At lease they are not hypocrites.
I agree, He would have gone due to the love He has for all. The self-righteous are the ones hardest to reach.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,718.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
enoch son said:
I will tell you a secret if you promise not to tell? Jesus would have gone to their dinner party faster then He would have gone to a scribe or pharisees dinner party. I don't see gay's listed in the WOE'S of Matt 23. At lease they are not hypocrites.

Good point:thumbsup:

Jesus would have met with the gays (which would have made a lot of fundamentalists unhappy) and ministered to the gays (which would make a lot of liberal christians unhappy) .

Grace and truth is a delicate balance sometimes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
lismore said:

Jesus would have met with the gays (which would have made a lot of fundamentalists unhappy) and ministered to the gays (which would make a lot of liberal christians unhappy) .

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to lismore again.

:sigh:

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think that homosexuals are born gay because God says in the Bible that it is an abomination and I don't think God would creat anything that is an abomination to Him.

It could come through as a generational curse.

I have known several homosexuals, worked with several, all were wonderful people, except one - his morals were awful and he flaunted it. Most that I have spoken with were molested as a young person and this allows the Spirit to come in. I don't think they invite the Spirit in - but they are at such a low spot in their lives that the Spirit takes over. From there on out they have such low self esteem of themselves that their lives take a real beating.

I know because I have 2 step children that were molested - one at the age of 7 and the other at the age of 9 - by the same person. Both have problems - the daughter married, is intelligent - has ever degree there is (I think she does this to prove herself worthy) - the son - started studdering the day we found out about the molestiation - we sought therepy but that does not cure what has happened to them.

The daughter is a shell of a person - has held important jobs - one that sent her to the news conferences at the White House - makes good money because she is always trying to prove herself worthy. She has never told her husband because he is not a forgiving person and she says he would leave her - even after 25 years of marriage. She is not close to the family because I think she is afraid her husband will find out - because the son would tell people about her molestation, but never about his.

The son had homosexual tendicies (I was told this by a friend of his) - he still studders so badly you can hardly have a conversation with him - he married and has very low self esteem, therefore he is very judgemental of everything and everyone.

Molestation takes a very big toll on everyone. The hard part of this to believe is that our children were only 2 of 13 abused by the same person and not one family would bring charges against him except us - this went on for over 6 months - a well respected neighbor of my husband's parents. We brought charges - he was in therepy and came home for a visit - saw the children outside and killed himself - so they had to deal with that also.

The laws that cover this sort of thing seems to be getting weaker instead of stronger. They serve 3 - 5 years and they are out - the victim serves a life sentence.

Homosexuals need our prayers - they act like they are really happy - but the ones I knew - this was a cover up.

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SharonL said:
I don't think that homosexuals are born gay because God says in the Bible that it is an abomination and I don't think God would creat anything that is an abomination to Him.

I have known several homosexuals, worked with several, all were wonderful people, except one - his morals were awful and he flaunted it. Most that I have spoken with were molested as a young person and this allows the Spirit to come in. I don't think they invite the Spirit in - but they are at such a low spot in their lives that the Spirit takes over. From there on out they have such low self esteem of themselves that their lives take a real beating.

I know because I have 2 step children that were molested - one at the age of 7 and the other at the age of 9 - by the same person. Both have problems - the daughter married, is intelligent - has ever degree there is (I think she does this to prove herself worthy) - the son - started studdering the day we found out about the molestiation - we sought therepy but that does not cure what has happened to them.

The daughter is a shell of a person - has held important jobs - one that sent her to the news conferences at the White House - makes good money because she is always trying to prove herself worthy. She has never told her husband because he is not a forgiving person and she says he would leave her - even after 25 years of marriage. She is not close to the family because I think she is afraid her husband will find out - because the son would tell people about her molestation, but never about his.

The son had homosexual tendicies (I was told this by a friend of his) - he still studders so badly you can hardly have a conversation with him - he married and has very low self esteem, therefore he is very judgemental of everything and everyone.

Molestation takes a very big toll on everyone. The hard part of this to believe is that our children were only 2 of 13 abused by the same person and not one family would bring charges against him except us - this went on for over 6 months - a well respected neighbor of my husband's parents. We brought charges - he was in therepy and came home for a visit - saw the children outside and killed himself - so they had to deal with that also.

The laws that cover this sort of thing seems to be getting weaker instead of stronger. They serve 3 - 5 years and they are out - the victim serves a life sentence.

Homosexuals need our prayers - they act like they are really happy - but the ones I knew - this was a cover up.

I'm reading the above as tears flow down my face. This is one reason Jesus came, so His love could restore these precious souls...

Upvote 0
E

enoch son

lismore said:

So had do you think He would have reason with them? Lets see form a circle around them with the 12 and tell them they are sinner and sick and need to change?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
E

enoch son

SharonL said:

I didn't get very far in this post because SATAN most not be a abomination and I agree with that.

Upvote 0

Jillymac

God is my Strength
Feb 3, 2005
Scotland
✟18,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So regarding the OP (sorry guys just bringing it back to the point) would most say that the homosexual spirit is introduced to a person through molestation or some other form of abuse?
What if a person is gay, yet hasn't been involved in any form of abuse?
Would there be a specific sin that could induce such a demonic influence? e.g. ouija boards opening people up to them having a "spiritual guide" (demon) attached to them

Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace
Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sharon, unfortunately, Erwin has made it clear that any discussion about this 'special' sin be moved to its own forum. I've no doubt the clock is ticking hard and fast on this thread. I agree that discussing it in a gentle manner would be great...however, as evidenced in the past, folks will come on spewing sin-specific hate and certain folks who are struggling in this area will be once again hurt.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.