Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Initially I would agree, but they didn't practice the restraint and stopped when they had Rodney King subdued and in handcuffs, that's what got the police in trouble.
As I recall, once subdued the beating ceased

Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As I recall, once subdued the beating ceased

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Rodney King Beating (Full Version) - YouTube

EDIT: this marks the first time I've directly communicated with anyone who has come out pro-LAPD in the Rodney King beating.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Anywho. I think the burned out truck is a decoy. He could have parked it there days or weeks ago and used either a remotely operated or timed device to set it on fire. Discuss.

That was fairly obvious from when the truck was discovered and his charred remains were not there, particularly when you look at the training this guy has had.

Upvote 0

Merope

Apr 29, 2011
✟1,726.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
That was fairly obvious from when the truck was discovered and his charred remains were not there, particularly when you look at the training this guy has had.

Well that's what I thought when I heard some early reports that he "Might be switching license plates" to throw cops off the trail and then a few minutes later they found his burned out truck near a ski resort (where people were bound to see it and report it). Maybe he wasn't switching plates but stole an identical vehicle and used his own as the decoy?

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well that's what I thought when I heard some early reports that he "Might be switching license plates" to throw cops off the trail and then a few minutes later they found his burned out truck near a ski resort (where people were bound to see it and report it). Maybe he wasn't switching plates but stole an identical vehicle and used his own as the decoy?

Why would he steal a vehicle that looked identical to his vehicle? It is substancially simpler to just steal a random vehicle... Odds are I think there might even be another dead individual or someone would have reported a stolen vehicle by now.

Upvote 0

Merope

Apr 29, 2011
✟1,726.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Why would he steal a vehicle that looked identical to his vehicle? It is substancially simpler to just steal a random vehicle... Odds are I think there might even be another dead individual or someone would have reported a stolen vehicle by now.

Well if you knew you could elude the cops for a time but they would eventually close in on you if they are combing the city, you might want to make them think you're using your own vehicle. Then conveniently it appears miles away next to a wilderness area, burned up, trace evidence gone... They'd think "AH HA! he got out of the city somehow and now he's going to go all John Rambo on us!"

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well if you knew you could elude the cops for a time but they would eventually close in on you if they are combing the city, you might want to make them think you're using your own vehicle. Then conveniently it appears miles away next to a wilderness area, burned up, trace evidence gone... They'd think "AH HA! he got out of the city somehow and now he's going to go all John Rambo on us!"

Wouldn't stop him driving the other stolen vehicle out there ahead of time and then blow up his own truck out there after making some false tracks and then drive off with the stolen vehicle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[serious];62378277 said:
EDIT: this marks the first time I've directly communicated with anyone who has come out pro-LAPD in the Rodney King beating.
At no time in that video was King beaten after being subdued and handcuffed, so thank you for that confirmation :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not if you go door-to-door and round them up and melt them down for scrap and ban the sale of ammunition as well :wave: Sure criminals will have them for a time. But most all criminals eventually get caught (you can take away their guns at the time of arrest and then have them destroyed). The ones that don't will eventually find guns useless hunks of metal. Easily done.

You really, truly believe that, don't you? ^_^

Let's take them one at a time.

you go door-to-door and round them up

Aside from the fact that this is unconstitutional and therefore against the law, it would be impossible to do. People would have guns squirreled away in every nook, cranny, hidey hole, and hollow tree in America. You think people are just going to meekly hand over their weapons because "Uncle Sam says so"??? Surely you can't be that naive. The good people would hide their weapons and lie to the confiscators; the bad people would simply pile up bodies on their front lawns until the cops took them down.

melt them down for scrap

Where? We don't have any smelting operations in America any more. You'd have to ship those guns to China.

and ban the sale of ammunition as well

See above.

Sure criminals will have them for a time.

Yeah---all the time.

We banned whiskey once, remember? Did whiskey disappear? We've had an ongoing "war on drugs" for forty years now. Have drugs disappeared? No. So we ban guns. Will guns disappear? No. The only difference is that the criminals will have them while the good people are unarmed and defenseless.

But most all criminals eventually get caught

Some of them do, yes. A goodly number of them don't.

you can take away their guns at the time of arrest and then have them destroyed

^_^ Not even. Guns get passed around from criminal to criminal. They get hidden. They get thrown away. And you always have a few criminals who will shoot it out with you before they'll surrender their gun. Again, they're not going to just meekly hand it over to you.

The ones that don't will eventually find guns useless hunks of metal.

If you think it's because they won't be able to obtain ammunition for them, don't kid yourself. There'll be more ammo and weapons coming over the border than cocaine.

Easily done.

It would be interesting to see them try. Not only would it not be "easily done", it would be utterly, totally, completely impossible. Never gonna happen.

Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0