'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
At no time in that video was King beaten after being subdued and handcuffed, so thank you for that confirmation :thumbsup:
Ah, so you aren't arguing that he wasn't subdued, but that he wasn't handcuffed. YOu should let this guy know that:
As I recall, once subdued the beating ceased

Upvote 0
S

seeking Christ

At no time in that video was King beaten after being subdued and handcuffed, so thank you for that confirmation :thumbsup:

Remember, the claim was made that he was beaten after being SUBDUED AND HANDCUFFED. Apparently, others have their own definition of "handcuffed"

[serious];62380986 said:
Ah, so you aren't arguing that he wasn't subdued, but that he wasn't handcuffed. YOu should let this guy know that:

Mach thinks the riots following this either didn't happen, or were for no reason. I'd really love to watch that video with him, and see his reaction, trying to justify those pigs. I'm really amazed that the riots didn't include a massive cop killing spree.

My sister lived through those, as well as the ones in Newark NJ over pretty much the same type of thing. (In the 60's, I think?)

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[serious];62380986 said:
It was you who claimed he was beat after being subdued and handcuffed. Oddly enough, you produced the video to prove yourself wrong

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mach thinks the riots following this either didn't happen, or were for no reason. I'd really love to watch that video with him, and see his reaction, trying to justify those pigs. I'm really amazed that the riots didn't include a massive cop killing spree.

My sister lived through those, as well as the ones in Newark NJ over pretty much the same type of thing. (In the 60's, I think?)
It helps if you follow the entire discussion

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What might help is if you watched this:
Nothing in that interview even attempts to claim he was beaten after being subdued and handcuffed. Moreover, we have the video of what happened and it proves I was right :wave:

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Police seeking Dorner opened fire in a second case of mistaken identity - latimes.com

David Perdue was on his way to sneak in some surfing before work Thursday morning when police flagged him down. They asked who he was and where he was headed, then sent him on his way.
Seconds later, Perdue's attorney said, a Torrance police cruiser slammed into his pickup and officers opened fire; none of the bullets struck Perdue.
His pickup, police later explained, matched the description of the one belonging to Christopher Jordan Dorner — the ex-cop who has evaded authorities after allegedly killing three and wounding two more. But the pickups were different makes and colors. And Perdue looks nothing like Dorner: He's several inches shorter and about a hundred pounds lighter. And Perdue is white; Dorner is black.
"I don't want to use the word buffoonery but it really is unbridled police lawlessness," said Robert Sheahen, Perdue's attorney. "These people need training and they need restraint."
I... don't know what to say...

Wow.

There's incompetent, then there is the LAPD.

A department spokesman said Saturday that the shooting is still under investigation. In a statement to The Times, the department said: "The circumstances of the incident known to the responding officers would have led a reasonable officer under normal circumstances — and these were far from normal circumstances — to believe that fellow officers were being shot at and that the vehicle traveling toward them posed a serious risk.
"In the split seconds available to them," the statement continued, "action was appropriate to intervene and stop the actions of the driver of that vehicle."

These are the people we are told to trust our lives to.

No thank you.

Upvote 0

[serious]

Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It was you who claimed he was beat after being subdued and handcuffed. Oddly enough, you produced the video to prove yourself wrong

Mind quoting the post I did that in? It doesn't appear to exist in my internet.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[serious];62382422 said:
Mind quoting the post I did that in? It doesn't appear to exist in my internet.
My bad. It was someone else who made the claim. Apparently you missed that part of the discussion

Upvote 0

[serious]

Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My bad. It was someone else who made the claim. Apparently you missed that part of the discussion

I saw it, but it was a minor error in an otherwise correct post. You did not point out that minor error until after your broader claim that he wasn't subdued was called out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[serious];62382533 said:
I saw it, but it was a minor error in an otherwise correct post. You did not point out that minor error until after your broader claim that he wasn't subdued was called out.
Factually my statement was correct either way. :wave:

Upvote 0

[serious]

Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My definitions match the dictionary definitions. :wave:

Whatever you say mach.

So recap, this guy is not subdued:
R_King_beating.png

and this is a crime that will get you shot:
toscanatarmac1.jpg

Mach, you live in a strange and frightening world.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[serious];62382647 said:
Whatever you say mach.

So recap, this guy is not subdued:

and this is a crime that will get you shot:
No, he was not subdued as long as he was resisting and not doing as instructed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh dear, ranting?
^_^ That you're wrong isn't ranting dear. It's just proof your wrong while the rant accusation is proof you don't like that.

And I did read the articles, but thanks for implying I didnt. :) Salon is a joke. Period.
And no the other link I provided does not say exactly the same thing. Did you read?

Come on LO, you're better than this. It might sting for a moment to admit you're wrong, but ultimately your conscience will be more clear.

Both links you provided say the exact same thing as the Salon article because both cite Vin Cerf's comments about the efforts (then) Sen. Gore took in "creating the Internet". I've provided quotes and all you have provided is hubris and ad hominem attacks against the source of those quotes.

I'm no fan of VP Gore, but I'm less of a fan of lying Internet memes about him.

Upvote 0

[serious]

Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, he was not subdued as long as he was resisting and not doing as instructed.

yup, that guy lying on the ground getting beaten? Totally not subdued. That truck the police shot up? totally guilty of a minor traffic violation.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[serious];62382910 said:
yup, that guy lying on the ground getting beaten? Totally not subdued.
As long as he was attempting to get up and refusing to comply, he was not subdued :wave:

That truck the police shot up? totally guilty of a minor traffic violation.
Sorry, trucks do not violate traffic laws, people do.

Upvote 0