Rogue cop on shooting rampage fan of Obama, gun control, Piers Morgan

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Obama will use this as a way to unarm cops next. xD

While the NRA pushes a platform of arming police in order to prevent more tragedies like... oh, wait.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure Al Gore has one to spare

With the money he made from the Current TV sale, I'm sure he can afford to let an internet go.

Upvote 0

Lilly Owl

Since when is God's adversary a curse word here?
Dec 23, 2012
✟2,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
America can keep Piers Morgan and adopt him!

Because I don't want that prat back in the UK!
Please! If the UK wanted Piers Morgan he wouldn't be vomiting his prattle from America! ;)
But watch our TV shows, the movies that are claimed to be 'the funniest comedy of the year', you'll see that American's will choke down anything in the name of being entertained away from real life for awhile.

Upvote 0

Lilly Owl

Dec 23, 2012
✟2,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
With the money he made from the Current TV sale, I'm sure he can afford to let an internet go.
You're so silly. I'm sure Gore can allow an internet go considering he created it.
smileys-whistling-782284.gif

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Only the "conservatives" would attempt to link this predator, with the more liberal elements of American society.
It seems the "predator" linked himself to the liberal elements of American society

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

seeking Christ

Speaking of the story, one thing struck me as odd but I didn't mention it. Why did the cops shoot the unrelated vehicle, injuring two, in the first place? It gets very glossed over.

Then I found a picture of the truck the cops shot at. Two innocent, unarmed women were inside, and were completely unrelated to their operation.

dHkZjQx.jpg

So... uh... what's the deal here?

Over 28 bullet holes. When do the riots start, and how many Police departments will be wiped out?

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Only the "conservatives" would attempt to link this predator, with the more liberal elements of American society.

LOL

I see... so it's totally ok when you do it.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7526623-13/#post56556337

1. Palin's web site which featured gun crosshairs superimposed over Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' political district (among others) for the mid-term elections, on a United States map. Despite denials of any responsibility by Palin ("blood libel"), the offending map that had been on her website since March 2010 was mysteriously removed - 2 months after the mid-terms.

2. “The way that she has it depicted has the crosshairs of a gun sight over our district, when people do that, they have got to realize there are consequences to that.”
(Rep. Gabrielle Giffords)

Palin ignored these prophetic comments and only removed the map after Gifford was shot. To put up a map targeting an opponent in gun crosshairs takes on whole different meaning after that target states that there are "consequences" to such an action - and is then subsequently shot in the head!

4. “don’t retreat, reload” (Sarah Palin)

“I can’t trust the current government… the government is implying mind control and brainwash on the people by controlling grammar.”
(Jared Loughner)

Loughner's deep mistrust of goverment and the ease with which he has access to obtaining a gun legally are both issues that Palin and The Tea Party have long promoted.

Whether Loughner was directly influenced by Palin and the Tea Party is not the original issue, the issue was that there is more "citcumstantial evidence" to link them to the shootings than there is to prove Obama was born outside of the US.

But when people do it to your side... it's time for the tears of victimhood.

Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I would submit that extreme liberalism is a mental illness in and of itself and leads to these types of actions based on historical facts.

I would submit that you're hardly in the position of judging the mental state of others. Especially those you don't know personally.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You're so silly. I'm sure Gore can allow an internet go considering he created it.

The YT link you provided spreads the long debunked "Invented the Internet" meme right in the title. You also play fast and loose with the truth in that he claims to have "created it". His claim is that he "took the initiative in creating the Internet", and guess what? He did.

Did Gore invent the Internet? - Salon.com
Several of the people who could claim to have “invented” the Internet, or key pieces of its protocols — in particular, Vinton Cerf and Robert Kahn — are out there on the Net today defending Gore, asserting that he was the politician in Washington who took the “initiative” to support the Net in its early days.

Implicit in their argument is a broader awareness of what it took to create the Internet. Anything as successful as the Net is not and cannot be successful as technology alone; technology does not exist in a vacuum. And just as the Internet required the services of brains like Kahn and Cerf and all the others who contributed code to its foundations, it also needed bureaucratic and legislative patrons.​

concluding:
That’s what you’ll hear from Phillip Hallam-Baker, a former member of the CERN Web development team that created the basic structure of the World Wide Web. Hallam-Baker calls the campaign to tar Gore as a delusional Internet inventor “a calculated piece of political propaganda to deny Gore credit for what is probably his biggest achievement.”

“In the early days of the Web,” says Hallam-Baker, who was there, “he was a believer, not after the fact when our success was already established — he gave us help when it counted. He got us the funding to set up at MIT after we got kicked out of CERN for being too successful. He also personally saw to it that the entire federal government set up Web sites. Before the White House site went online, he would show the prototype to each agency director who came into his office. At the end he would click on the link to their agency site. If it returned ‘Not Found’ the said director got a powerful message that he better have a Web site before he next saw the veep.”

That sounds like a pretty good description of the kind of “initiative” Gore claimed credit for in the first place. So the next time you hear an “Al Gore, Internet inventor” joke, think about the strange twisted path a politician’s words can take in other people’s hands — and be glad we can use the Internet to try to straighten it out.​

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lilly Owl

Dec 23, 2012
✟2,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
The YT link you provided spreads the long debunked "Invented the Internet" meme right in the title. You also play fast and loose with the truth in that he claims to have "created it". His claim is that he "took the initiative in creating the Internet", and guess what? He did.
I didn't play fast and lose with a thing.
That's what he said before he was called on the carpet for the outright lie of it and then altered his statement.
It's not an internet meme. It's a reality that now years later people are claiming was a fiction just to save Gore looking like the typical lying politician that he was then and remains now.
As the shameful insult to the Nobel peace prize for his pathetic lying movie; An Inconvenient Truth.
Which clearly the truth is for Mr.Gore.

And Salon? To prove your claim? Really?

Al Gore and the Internet

Snopes.Com

Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I didn't play fast and lose with a thing.
That's what he said before he was called on the carpet for the outright lie of it and then altered his statement.
It's not an internet meme. It's a reality that now years later people are claiming was a fiction just to save Gore looking like the typical lying politician that he was then and remains now.
As the shameful insult to the Nobel peace prize for his pathetic lying movie; An Inconvenient Truth.
Which clearly the truth is for Mr.Gore.

Instead of ranting and making it worse, can you go back and actually read the article I provided or even the exerpts - since it's clear that you didn't.

eta -Oh Dear Lord... I see you edited in two links. Did you even read those either? I ask because they both say exactly the same thing as the Salon article! The first one is a e-mail from Vin Cerf - the guy quoted in the Salon article, and the Snopes page cites him as well - supporting VP Gore's efforts to create the Internet as we know it today and not some wonky, inside communication venue for government and academia.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Piers Morgan Fan Goes On Shooting Rampage, Killing Three… | Weasel Zippers

Info you won't see on MSNBC.
When these extremist hatemongers like Pierce Morgan get an audience, it's only a matter of time before some nut is going to listen to them and act on the hatred they espouse.

We saw that in the case of the guy who went in and shot up the FRC and we're seeing it here, now.

And how exactly is Piers Morgan an extremist hate monger?

Redac said:
This happened pretty close to where I live, actually. Just a few miles away.

So are we gonna put the American left on trial for what this guy did? Really?
We are putting American on trial for what the shooter did in Sandy Hook.

:doh:

I first heard about his manifesto by reading a post with excerpts on Wonkette and you don't get more Lefty than Wonkette.

Or more hilarious.

Merope said:
I heard it was a case of mistaken identity.
That's the worst excuse, actually. If you're not sure of who you're shooting... don't shoot! 2 asian women don't look like 200+ pound black man!

The truck wasn't even the right color, make, or model.

MachZer0 said:
They were driving in the dark with the headlights off.
That's not illegal, per say. It's a minor traffic violation. Most cops will pull you over and just give you a heads-up. And I can't tell you how many times I've pulled out of a brightly lit parking lot (usually gas stations) and not noticed my headlights were off until I pulled onto a dark stretch of road and thought,gee...it sure is dark tonight?

That or a passing car flashes their brights at me. :blush:

Upvote 0