Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
There would be a lot more people dead if they did have matching firepower. Not sure the point you're trying to make.

Case like this, gang violence, the LA Riots post Rodney King, Hurricane Katrina aftermath, etc. all demonstrate that there is a credible scenario where you must defend your family against multiple well armed attackers and would be murderers. An assault weapon is an effective deterrent, and in these type of worst case (put clearly possible) scenarios, it may keep you alive. I'd rather avoid a gunfight by showing off my AR-15 than have to shoot someone to death because I appeared under-armed.

By the way, you understand it is legal to own full automatic rifles like an M-16 in the US right?

http://www.westernfirearms.com/wfc?set=02

Upvote 0
Case like this, gang violence, the LA Riots post Rodney King, Hurricane Katrina aftermath, etc. all demonstrate that there is a credible scenario where you must defend your family against multiple well armed attackers and would be murderers. An assault weapon is an effective deterrent, and in these type of worst case (put clearly possible) scenarios, it may keep you alive. I'd rather avoid a gunfight by showing off my AR-15 than have to shoot someone to death because I appeared under-armed.

By the way, you understand it is legal to own full automatic rifles like an M-16 in the US right?

Basic Guidelines
All I'm saying is if the women displayed an M16 they would be dead. If they fired it, they would be dead and possibly some cops too.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
All I'm saying is if the women displayed an M16 they would be dead. If they fired it, they would be dead and possibly some cops too.

Who are you talking about?

Upvote 0
Who are you talking about?
The two women who were shot at by police who were driving down the road delivering newspapers. They were the topic of conversation when you said

All good reasons that we need to maintain second amendment rights. Anyone want to face a deranged cop like this with inferior firepower?

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The two women who were shot at by police who were driving down the road delivering newspapers. They were the topic of conversation when you said

OK, I was referring to the topic of the thread.

Upvote 0

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dorner's dead, btw. Not like that's the topic anymore...

Btw, I loved* this little bit of stupidity from Tingles last night. He was talking to the mayor of the town where Dorner was holed up in, and proceeded to ask him this:
MATTHEWS: Are there any African-Americans that live there or is it largely a white community, largely?

OLBERNOLTE: There are a few. You know, I don't think we notice the color of people's skin to be honest with you.

MATTHEWS: Okay, good for you.
Why would that even matter? :doh:

*which means I didn't love it at all.

Looking back, if it was a largely white community, it might have been easier to spot him if he was out and about. I assume that's what Matthews was getting at. Just a thought though.

IanCG said:
There would be a lot more people dead if they did have matching firepower. Not sure the point you're trying to make.

Basic Guidelines

Absolutely unnecessary. Why can't people defend themselves with a simple handgun?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Looking back, if was a largely white community, it might have been easier to spot him if he was out and about. I assume that's what Matthews was getting at. Just a thought though.

Absolutely unnecessary. Why can't people defend themselves with a simple handgun?

Why don't they advocate owning tanks and nukes in case another country invades their house?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Looking back, if was a largely white community, it might have been easier to spot him if he was out and about. I assume that's what Matthews was getting at. Just a thought though.

*snort* Any other anchor, I could believe that, but Tingles? Google "Chris Matthews Racists" and watch the results fill in. The guy's default argument is to label anyone he disagrees with or dislikes as racist.

Upvote 0

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why don't they advocate owning tanks and nukes in case another country invades their house?

If they feel that it's within their Constitutional rights to own weapons built for military use, nuclear weapons and tanks make just as much sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sure armed gangs of post apocalyptic biker raiders can theoretically invade your home, where an arsenal of military grade weapons and ordinance would be effective in protecting yourself....

However, the chances that would happen are so low, it's irrational to believe that is going to happen. So it's kind of irrational to want to own such an arsenal for those purposes.

I think the line should be drawn between reasonable, and unreasonable.

Upvote 0