seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
2 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

The potter does not correct the flawed pots with the rod of iron.
He destroys them.

Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
Psa 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Repent and accept the Gospel, or be destroyed.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The potter does not correct the flawed pots with the rod of iron.
He destroys them.

Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
Psa 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

What does verse 8 mean to you then? The part about---Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance?

In verse 9, the 'them' has to be referring to the same heathen in verse 8. So Jesus is given the heathen for His inheritance in order to fully destroy them rather than to try and change them into something better eventually? In that same verse, verse 8, Jesus is also given the uttermost parts of the earth for His possession. Do you think His plan is to destroy that too, rather than trying to make it into something better instead, better than it is now?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance?

Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

• Winner
Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Repent and accept the Gospel, or be destroyed.

Matthew 3:2
and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!”

Mark 1:15
And saying, "Has been filled the Time, and has-neared the Kingdom of the GOD.
Be ye reforming/repenting/metanoeite <3340> (5720)!, and be ye believing! in the Good-Message.

Act 2:1
When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord[fn] in one place.
38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent/reform!, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 2:23

Who in law are boasting through the transgression of the Law, the God thou are dishonoring
24 'For the name of the God is being blasphemed in the nations' because of ye, according as it has been written.'
[Psalm 74:10]

Revelation 16:11
And they blaspheme the GOD
of the heaven out of the miseries of them, and out of the sores of them.
And not they repent/reform<3340> out of the works of them.
============================
https://www.preteristarchive.com/JewishWars/timeline_military.html
"..probably the greatest single slaughter in ancient history."
ROMAN SIEGE AND SACK OF JERUSALEM

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A thousand years is a time marker, not a kingdom. Regardless which age it might occur in, it is used in order to define how long satan will be bound before he is loosed. And while satan is bound the saints are reigning with Christ on the earth, ruling with a rod of iron, over the mortals that were spared death when Jesus returned bodily at His coming.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And while satan is bound the saints are reigning with Christ on the earth, ruling with a rod of iron, over the mortals that were spared death when Jesus returned bodily at His coming.

Can you show us the mortals alive on the earth at the end of Matthew 25:31-46?

Can you explain to us how mortals will survive the "flaming fire" found in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10?

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you show us the mortals alive on the earth at the end of Matthew 25:31-46?

Can you explain to us how mortals will survive the "flaming fire" found in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10?

Can you explain how there are still mortals alive following the coming against Jerusalem by all nations? BTW, that's all nations, not the Roman nation in 70 AD, just in case you perhaps think it might be meaning the latter. The latter is only one nation though, one nation does not equal all nations.

1-----For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle---Zechariah 14:2

2-----Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations---Zechariah 14:3

3-----And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives---Zechariah 14:4

4-----and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee---Zechariah 14:5

5-----And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth---Zechariah 14:12

6-----And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles----Zechariah 14:16

I guess you don't believe the part in Zechariah 14:16 that indicates it shall come to pass. What does the text indicate shall come to pass? that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles

Clearly number 6 above is meaning chronologically after 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 above.

When you clear all of this up first, where nothing above is contradicting any of the passages you submitted, maybe then we can discuss the passages you brought up.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Can you explain how there are still mortals alive following the coming against Jerusalem by all nations? BTW, that's all nations, not the Roman nation in 70 AD, just in case you perhaps think it might be meaning the latter. The latter is only one nation though, one nation does not equal all nations.
1st century Jerusalem is the only City that fits with Reve 17,18 and 19.

Jer 1:15
For I will soon summon all the peoples of the kingdoms of the north," says the LORD. "They will come and their kings will set up their thrones near the entrances of the gates of Jerusalem. They will attack all the walls surrounding it, and all the towns in Judah.

The Great City/Harlot/Queen Revelation chapts 17-19

Reve 17:
12 And the ten horns which you saw, ten kings are, who any a-Kingdom not-yet received, but authority as kings, one hour they are receiving with the wild beast,
16 And the ten Horns which thou saw and the Beast, These shall be hating the harlot,
and They shall be making Her desolate and naked,
and the fleshes of Her they shall be eating
and shall be burning Her in fire.

Revelation 18
18 And they cried<2896>, observing the smoke of Her burning, saying, "What like to the great City?"
19 and they cast dust upon their heads, and cried, lamenting, weeping and mourning, saying,
"Woe! woe! the great City! in which are rich all those having ships in the sea, out of Her preciousness,
for to one hour was She was desolated<2049>.
========================

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

History records few events more generally interesting than the destruction of Jerusalem, and the subversion of the Jewish state, by the arms of the Romans. -- Their intimate connexion with the dissolution of the Levitical economy, and the establishment of Christianity in the world ; the striking verification which they afford of so many of the prophecies, both of the Old and New Testament, and the powerful arguments of the divine authority of the Scriptures which are thence derived ; the solemn warnings and admonitions which they hold out to all nations, but especially such as are favoured with the light and blessings of REVELATION

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1st century Jerusalem is the only City that fits with Reve 17,18 and 19.

I don't know how you can see that in those texts, but I know I can't. While some of it may appear to fit, that doesn't count unless you can get every single detail written in the texts to also fit with what you are concluding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
5-----And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth---Zechariah 14:12

6-----And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles----Zechariah 14:16

You find in Zechariah 14:12 the fate of mortals who oppose Christ at His Second Coming.

Why would you assume that those in Zechariah 14:16 are mortals, if they go every year to celebrate the tabernacle?
Who is the tabernacle in the New Covenant?
If they go every year, would this not be a symbol of eternity which was given to Zechariah?

Is there anything about 1,000 years in Zechariah 14:16, or the passage below?

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Do you think Zechariah 14:16 proves Jesus was wrong in Matthew 25:31-46, or that Paul was wrong in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10?

Last edited:
Upvote 0