Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi all. I realize the title may sound a little sensational, but I'd like to discuss this topic as a serious possibility. The basic idea is that the return of Jesus will likely to be viewed as an alien invasion and perhaps this is (at least partly) how the AC will convince (or trick or cajole?) the armies of the earth to gather against God to fight him. The video is only a few minutes long. I look forward to hearing what others think.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
( As far as I know ) The armies will be gathered around Jerusalem BEFORE Y'SHUA returns.
At the last moment , where a moment more and Jerusalem would be overrun, Y'SHUA returns,
and all of the enemy and all of the weapons they have
burst into flame - they are destroyed in an instant - there is no challenge to Y'SHUA.

When all of Israel cries out with one heart and soul "BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME ADONAI!" just as during HIS entrance to Jerusalem on a donkey and foal,
YHWH sends Y'SHUA immediately - exactly at the time YHWH has known forever - and rescues HIS people for HIS PURPOSE and HIS PLAN.

BEFORE THEN (already planned and executed) , the enemy of Y'SHUA has perpetrated, planned, and started
all the nonsense about life from other planets or life from outer space -- even in the plans are published accounts of the proper way to "b*ptize" an alien !
This is complete and utter deception roy-ale on a humongous scale.
Many multitudes of people are already deceived, and will be deceived even more by antics and evil shenanigans of the enemy; including but not limited to holograms used to create a false apparition, and sounds - manmade sounds - produced around the world with "mysterious" circumstances....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
Hi all. I realize the title may sound a little sensational, but I'd like to discuss this topic as a serious possibility. The basic idea is that the return of Jesus will likely to be viewed as an alien invasion and perhaps this is (at least partly) how the AC will convince (or trick or cajole?) the armies of the earth to gather against God to fight him. The video is only a few minutes long. I look forward to hearing what others think.

Sorry ES, when Jesus returns nobody is going to think it's an alien invasion.

"Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

"Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, calling to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”​

Right after the appearance of the sign of the Son of Man all the tribes of the earth will mourn. We never saw the sign of the Son of Man because we WERE the sign. Billions of resurrected saints shooting up into the stratosphere and billions of angels sent out to gather them. What a show of lights, what a sight for the inhabitants of the earth to see. They missed the boat, they mourn. At that point we are no longer included in "the tribes of the earth".

Lucifer, who had been claiming to be Jesus, sends his three best demons to meet with the ten kings of the earth to inform them of what just took place. They tell the kings that the guy who they've come to know as God is actually the Devil himself. And not only that but the real God is on His way to kill everyone with a sharp sword and a wine press. They will become convinced that with mankind's nuclear arsenal combined with demonic ability, it will be possible to kill God. But there are no other options for them. No trickery or cajoling is required.

And if that's not enough, New Jerusalem, which had been cloaked all these years below the lunar surface is now revealed for the inhabitants of the earth to see with the naked eye. Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of His covenant was seen within His temple.

Can you say no rest for the wicked?

They are going to WISH it was an alien invasion.

Oh Yeah, New Jerusalem stays right where it is until after the thousand years are finished. I never knew you guys were Amils.

Even at it's largest estimated size, New Jerusalem will fit very nicely within the sphere of the moon with each of it's 8 corners tucking in just 20 feet below the lunar surface.

NewJerusaleminMoon-307x221.jpg

http://www.davidjayjordan.com/NewJerusalemintheMoon.html

If New Jerusalem were to land on the United States, it would extend into Canada and down into Mexico, enjoy a nice view of each of the oceans and stretch out into space.

PC170599.jpg

http://tourofheaven.com/eternal/new-jerusalem/size.aspx

It is a fun exercise to take a few guesses about how many people might fit in this box. If we ignore the areas that might be taken up for public use, streets, etc. and cram every individual into a prison-cell sized room, you could fit one Quintilian (one billion billion, or one with 18 zeros after it) people inside.

One estimate
of the total number of humans that have ever lived on this planet puts the figure at around 106.5 billion. For the sake of argument, if we assume each and every one that has ever lived gets a place in the Beloved City, that leaves enough room for everyone to have a house that’s 1,500 feet on each side, or 2.25 million square feet on each level and around 150 stories tall! In other words, it seems there will be more than enough room for everyone.

Yet, not everyone gets to go.

earth-new-jerusalem.jpg

http://soulliberty.com/the-immensity-of-the-new-jerusalem/

Daniel's prayer from chapter 9 takes about 3.5 minutes to read out loud at a normal rate of speed. Gabriel then came to Daniel in "swift flight" and said: "At the beginning of your pleas for mercy a word went out, and I have come to tell it to you, for you are greatly loved". So it took Gabriel 3.5 minutes to get from wherever Heaven is to Daniel's location on earth. Assuming New Jerusalem is currently being cloaked beneath the lunar surface it would mean Gabriel's "swift flight" was at the rate of mach 95.5 or 72633 mph., traversing the 240,000 miles of distance in 3.5 minutes.

240,000 miles
72,633 ÷
--------------------------
3.304283177068275 =
95.5 Ma = 72633.321403006 mph

Lunar distance
is as a unit of measure in astronomy. It is the average distance from the center of Earth to the center of the Moon. More technically, it is the mean semi-major axis of the geocentric lunar orbit. It may also refer to the time-averaged distance between the centers of the Earth and the Moon, or less commonly, the instantaneous Earth-Moon distance.

Lunar distance is also called Earth-Moon distance, Earth–Moon characteristic distance, or distance to the Moon, and commonly indicated with LD or
d0c3c115555952ed0889001c7fa2efbd.png
.[1] The mean semi-major axis has a value of 384,402 km (238,856 mi).[2] While the time-averaged distance between Earth and Moon centers is 385,000.6 km (239,228.3 mi). The actual distance varies over the course of the orbit of the moon, from 356,500 km (221,500 mi) at the perigee to 406,700 km (252,700 mi) at apogee, resulting in a differential range of 50,200 km (31,200 mi).
If you divide the distance by the speed, you'll get the time. 240,000/775.16 is 309.61 hours. That works out to 12 days, 21 hours 36 minutes.

240,000 miles from earth
768 mph/speed of sound

95.5 Ma = 72633.321403006 mph

Fastest human spaceflight

The crew of NASA's Apollo 10 moon mission reached a top speed of 24,791 mph (39,897 kph) relative to Earth as they rocketed back to our planet on May 26, 1969.

That's the fastest any human beings have ever traveled.

About seven literal weeks earlier on April 1, 1969 the Knesset made a decree to restore and re build Jerusalem.

"Know therefore and understand that from the going out of the word to restore and build Jerusalem to the coming of an anointed one,
a prince, there shall be seven weeks.

Seven "weeks" of years are 49 years.

ViewOfEarthFromMoon_zpsjnposrz1.jpg

They follow the Lamb wherever He goes.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I watched the video and IMHO there are some errors. I do not believe the New Jerusalem coming down can trigger the battle of Armageddon because that battle will happen at least 1000 years prior to the city coming down. Preparation for that battle is referred to in Revelation 16:16 and that battle is fought in Revelation 19:14-18 at the return of the Lord. Even if you consider the last battle when satan is loosed after being bound for 1000 years in Revelation 20:7-9 the New Jerusalem comes down in Revelation 21:1-2 in the new heaven and earth and has no part to play in any battle, for all battles will have ended.

The alien invasion to which you refer is a theory put for by some in the church, and I believe it has merit.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

2 Thessalonians 2: 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Most tie this invasion theory to the antichrist and the rise of the New World order.

As has been mention on several threads the Vatican currently has an observatory and are actively looking for alien life. There have already been discussions within the Catholic Church as how to treat those aliens when contact is made they are even willing to baptize them.

This all ties to Genesis 6. First of all I am not convinced we have aliens from other planets popping into our world in UFO’s. On the other hand I believe the UFO phenomenon is real and connected to the fallen ones under satan’s domain. It is my opinion the church has made a serious mistake by ignoring the truth of what actually happened in Genesis 6, as I and others have tried to point out in the past, it is a part of what happened in the “Days of Noah” and will be a part of the end time scenario.

We can stick our heads in the sand and ignore this reality but some facts are certain. 1. The Catholic Church is looking for some kind of alien contact in the future. 2. There is some kind of UFO activity in our world today.

How one chooses to explain all of this is a different story.

Many believe these “fallen ones” will at some time in the future present themselves as our “saviors” and that will be the lie and the deception referred to in scripture.

2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
First I want to say that I like the concept of the title of the thread and the video. Next I would say that I like the production of the video using movie clips. I agree most with Postview's comment. The New Jerusalem has no part in battles. It does not come down until all enemies, including Satan and death have been cast into the lake of fire and we see the New Heaven and the New Earth. I agree with him also when he says
This all ties to Genesis 6. First of all I am not convinced we have aliens from other planets popping into our world in UFO’s. On the other hand I believe the UFO phenomenon is real and connected to the fallen ones under satan’s domain. It is my opinion the church has made a serious mistake by ignoring the truth of what actually happened in Genesis 6, as I and others have tried to point out in the past, it is a part of what happened in the “Days of Noah” and will be a part of the end time scenario.

We can stick our heads in the sand and ignore this reality but some facts are certain. 1. The Catholic Church is looking for some kind of alien contact in the future. 2. There is some kind of UFO activity in our world today.

I know you made the video based on your perception, but, imho, you have put the events in the wrong sequence. The idea is great though, but think of someone watching the video who know not Jesus and His salvation. Yes I agree that Christians will be blamed for all the catastrophe that will be happening. That is ONE of the reasons they will be beheaded. Another reason will be their refusal to take the mark of the beast.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I watched the video and IMHO there are some errors. I do not believe the New Jerusalem coming down can trigger the battle of Armageddon because that battle will happen at least 1000 years prior to the city coming down. Preparation for that battle is referred to in Revelation 16:16 and that battle is fought in Revelation 19:14-18 at the return of the Lord. Even if you consider the last battle when satan is loosed after being bound for 1000 years in Revelation 20:7-9 the New Jerusalem comes down in Revelation 21:1-2 in the new heaven and earth and has no part to play in any battle, for all battles will have ended.

The alien invasion to which you refer is a theory put for by some in the church, and I believe it has merit.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

2 Thessalonians 2: 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Most tie this invasion theory to the antichrist and the rise of the New World order.

As has been mention on several threads the Vatican currently has an observatory and are actively looking for alien life. There have already been discussions within the Catholic Church as how to treat those aliens when contact is made they are even willing to baptize them.

How one chooses to explain all of this is a different story.

Many believe these “fallen ones” will at some time in the future present themselves as our “saviors” and that will be the lie and the deception referred to in scripture.

2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

The 'strong delusion' is not a deception on the part of demons. The 'strong delusion' is created by Mystery Babylon.

Rev 17
23 and the light of a lamp
will shine in you no more,
and the voice of bridegroom and bride
will be heard in you no more,
for your merchants were the great ones of the earth,
and all nations were deceived by your sorcery.
24 And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints,
and of all who have been slain on earth.”​

Sorcery is the greek 'pharmakia' where we get 'pharmacy'. It means drugs.

The 10 horns that arise and war against the saints with the 11th horn refers to the US. the 10 horns are the 10 FEMA governors and the 11th horn is the person appointed President under martial law.

The 'alien demon' 9-11 gives rise to the occasion to pass out a vaccine or radiation pills that are laced with hallucinogens. Among the various drug effects: out of body experiences (people interpret this to be the 'rapture') and 'shadow people'/ 'demons'. People on meth complain of seeing shadow people.

The abomination statue honors the hero of 'alien demon 9-11'.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes I agree that Christians will be blamed for all the catastrophe that will be happening. That is ONE of the reasons they will be beheaded. Another reason will be their refusal to take the mark of the beast.
AMEIN. The whole world worships demons and refuse to repent - they don't even think of asking God for help: they curse HIM instead, and put to death HIS children.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Do you know what the 'Independence Day' reference means?

Inauguration Day of US presidents, January 20th.

dusk Jan 20, 2017 add 1260 days, you get dusk July 3, 2020. http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html?m1=1&d1=20&y1=2017&type=add&ay=&am=&aw=&ad=1260&rec=

July 4th is our 'independence day' from the beast that was given 1260 days to continue. Revelation 13:5

The 1335 days of Daniel 12:11-13 is the 1335 days between US election day ([Biblical days go from dusk to dusk] dusk Monday Nov 7/ day of Tuesday Nov. 8, 2016 and this same July 4th, 2020. http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html?m1=11&d1=07&y1=2016&type=add&ay=&am=&aw=&ad=1335&rec=
July 4, 2020 is the 'blessed day'.

Add the year of recompense to this same day, July 4, 2020, (day of the lord, year of recompense of Isaiah 34:8 & Isaiah 63:4 & Isaiah 61:2) and you get July 4, 2021. From July 4, 1776 (signing of the Declaration of Independence) to July 4, 2021 is 245 years.

This breaks the covenant of Daniel 9 (the Declaration of Independence is one instance of the 'covenant with the many') in the middle of 70 '7's/ 490 years. Divide 490 in half to get 245 years.

The 10 horns of the dragon of Revelation 12, 13 & 17 are the 10 FEMA governors and the 11th horn is the appointed US president/ dictator under martial law.

Unfortunately, even with all this information, there are still many possible different scenarios that could play out:

what happens this Dec 21, 2016, the 1290th day from July 3, 2020? Is this when the US begins to go into martial law?

Does the pharmakia/ drugs for sorcery occur Dec 21, 2016 (the beginning) or on July 4th, 2020 when people have been programmed to expect this? (war of the false prophet)

Does the 'alien demon' invasion occur July 4, 2017, in conjunction with the events of Aug 15, 2017 and Sept 23, 2017 (when the star sign of Revelation 12 occurs)? Because the 'day of the lord' has the 'year of recompense', it is possible that what could have happened this past July 4th, 2016 is still on the plate for next year. (Ostensibly, the July 4th reference is due to when the events of Roswell took place, July 4, 1947 - 70 years to 2017)

Aug 15, 2017 is when the 'antichrist' will receive his mortal head wound (Daniel 9:24-27). this is 49 years (7 '7's) and 62 weeks after the call to restore Jerusalem, June 7, 1967, celebrated as Jerusalem Day in Israel.

It is unclear from Revelation 13:1-5 whether the '42 months' means 1260 days OR it is 42 lunar months. Also, does the time counter start from where he is 'given authority to continue' (like if the US goes into martial law Dec. 21, 2016, then the authorities give him authority to continue on what would have been the legitimate start day, Jan 20, 2017) or does it start after he gets his mortal head wound (when the 'anointed one' is 'cut off' after 49 years and 62 weeks - meaning does the 42 months start after Aug 15, 2017? 42 Jewish lunar months puts us at dusk Feb 4th, 2021 which would be 5 months until July 4th, 2021 (5 months of the 5th Trumpet).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
all the nonsense about life from other planets or life from outer space -- even in the plans are published accounts of the proper way to "b*ptize" an alien !
Never heard of any instructions on the proper way to baptize an alien, although I suspect it would involve water. Did hear the priest who's official astronomer for the RCC say that if an alien showed up and went through catechism and asked to join the Church then he'd be happy to baptize him. Seemed reasonable to me, that's one of the things that priests do.

Many multitudes of people are already deceived, and will be deceived even more by antics and evil shenanigans of the enemy; including but not limited to holograms used to create a false apparition, and sounds - manmade sounds - produced around the world with "mysterious" circumstances....
You mean like the "Blue Beam" fantasy? Except for the fact that that requires technology that doesn't exist now, and possibly ever, as well as a goodly dollop of magic, it's almost believable. Well, except that the concept is pretty ridiculous as well. But that's the kind of thing one gets when one chucks the Bible aside and starts making up "end times" fictions as they go.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: tatteredsoul
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Except perhaps for the fact that there's no evidence that there are any aliens, and nothing in Scripture to indicate that there might be. It's just made up out of whole cloth.
As well to say that the world will be overrun by talking animals. There are actually talking animals in Scripture (the serpent and Balaam's ass), and talking animals have been used in literature worldwide and throughout history to dispense practical wisdom (i.e.. Aesop's fables). Thus they could be a grand vehicle to be used by the nearly all-powerful Satan envisioned in most "end times" fabrications to deceive the masses. Let's face it, it makes as much sense as Space Men & Flying Saucers, and even has the tiniest bit of Scripture behind it, where SM&FS has none.
I am not convinced we have aliens from other planets popping into our world in UFO’s.
That's comforting, anyway.

On the other hand I believe the UFO phenomenon is real and connected to the fallen ones under satan’s domain.
Most serious UFO investigators agree that about 95% of UFOs are mundane stuff- airplanes, birds, clouds, whatever. Of the 5% left unidentified, there's no reason to think they're Flying Saucers except as a matter of faith. My faith doesn't run in that direction. I see no more reason to believe in Demons & Flying Saucers than I do Space Men & Flying Saucers, because I see no reason to believe in Flying Saucers.

The Catholic Church is looking for some kind of alien contact in the future.
That they are not. They have said, quite categorically, that should aliens show up they'd consider them people to be evangelized, but that they have no evidence that there are any aliens at all.

2. There is some kind of UFO activity in our world today.
And will be as long as people can look up, point, and say "what is that?" Just be mindful that a "UFO" is a zillion or so times more likely to be the American Airlines shuttle from DCA to JFK than a Flying Saucer being driven by either demons or Space Men from the planet Zorch.

Yep, and one made-up story on "end times" is about as good as another.

Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

prophecy link in my profile!
Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Even at it's largest estimated size, New Jerusalem will fit very nicely within the sphere of the moon with each of it's 8 corners tucking in just 20 feet below the lunar surface.

Hey DW. Thanks for those fantastic illustrations about the size comparisons of New Jerusalem and the Earth. I don't think I've see it quite so distinctly before. It really is quite amazing, right? I've not heard about the moon thing before. I suppose that could be a valid option. I'm not sure I have any evidence to suggest that it's not a viable possibility, except for my own person opinion that it sounds a little crazy! But, there's lots of stuff related to God that could sound crazy to us. However, I'm more inclined to think the New Jerusalem will probably more likely come from some other dimension into ours (which probably sounds crazy in itself!) :)

Sorry ES, when Jesus returns nobody is going to think it's an alien invasion.

"Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

"Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, calling to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”

And yet, the Revelation also talks about the armies of the earth gathering together to fight against God, too. So, are they hiding or gathering? I think there's plenty of room for interpretation here.

Right after the appearance of the sign of the Son of Man all the tribes of the earth will mourn. We never saw the sign of the Son of Man because we WERE the sign. Billions of resurrected saints shooting up into the stratosphere and billions of angels sent out to gather them. What a show of lights, what a sight for the inhabitants of the earth to see. They missed the boat, they mourn. At that point we are no longer included in "the tribes of the earth".

Fair enough, except this happens at the 7th trumpet of the tribulation, right? I guess there's room for debate about that, but Jesus does say, "with the great sound of a trump". It talks about the sun being darkened, the moon not giving her light the power of the heavens being shaken etc. It's possible that this is a description of the moon cracking open to expose the triumphant appearance of New Jerusalem, or it could be that New Jerusalem will be so huge that it will block the light from both the sun and the moon, but either way it does appear to be a reference to New Jerusalem. All these saints are rising to meet their lord in the air, and then what? Do they all disappear suddenly to some alternate dimension where God is waiting? Maybe, but I think the context is pointing to the coming down of New Jerusalem as part of the return of Jesus.

We go to meet him in the air and then into New Jerusalem, which will be hovering over the earth (as your photos suggest). We celebrate the marriage supper of the lamb while the viles of wrath are poured out on a spiritually desolate world below. Part of that wrath includes gathering together the armies of the earth. What are they gathering against? The final bowl of wrath shows Jesus and his followers riding down, just after the marriage supper of the lamb, from some high place to fight against the armies gathered together. All the context points to something which the saints are gathered into and something which the armies of the earth gather against, a something which must be visible to them from their earthly perspective so that they will be able to gather against it.

I recently watched the new independence day movie, and in that movie the alien ship is much, much bigger that the previous, quite similar in size, I think, to the dimension of New Jerusalem. In that movie, the armies of the Earth gathered against the invading aliens. It's pretty reasonable to suggest that if a gigantic starship (which is what New Jerusalem will, in fact, be) descends from space over the world, that the world will quite likely view it as an alien invasion. We've been well trained in that regard.

Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
:D you guys crack me up.

Was it the moon thing, or the alien thing in general? You know, we're supposed to be counted as strangers on the earth so maybe the alien thing isn't so crazy! But still, even if it's a hearty belly laugh, it's nice that you're getting something positive from the discussion. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Endtime Survivors

Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Except perhaps for the fact that there's no evidence that there are any aliens, and nothing in Scripture to indicate that there might be. It's just made up out of whole cloth.

Hi Jipsah. The video is suggestion an interpretation for how the world may view the return of Jesus, and not that literal aliens, as we view them in movies etc, will visit us. The concept becomes a little tricky because God and his angels certainly are not aliens in the context of foreign entities unnatural to this world. God made the world. How could he be an alien?

And yet, there is also the more spiritualized interpretation that God (and consequently his followers) have become alienated from the values of the world, which I think is why Peter talked about us behaving as strangers and Pilgrims on the earth.

But, back to a more literal understanding of "aliens" and in particular "alien invasion" it's hard to deny that what the Revelation describes (i.e. Jesus, probably in some kind of transformed, glowing body floating in the air, a gigantic star ship floating down from Heaven, the heavenly host pouring forth from this starship, probably also with newly transformed, glowing bodies, to fight against the gathered armies of the earth) strongly relates to much of the UFO ideology and how the common person would interpret such an event.

Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately, even with all this information, there are still many possible different scenarios that could play out:

what happens this Dec 21, 2016, the 1290th day from July 3, 2020? Is this when the US begins to go into martial law?

Thanks for sharing all those thoughts, tranquil. I don't think the US will go to martial law, or at least that doing so would only be a step toward a much bigger problem. I believe the US will be completely destroyed, from the outside and that this destruction will act as a catalyst for huge change around the world, including a strong push for world peace, (which will probably lead to the rebuilding of the Jewish temple in the middle east as a sign of this new era of peace) the rise of the AntiChrist, and a strong push to completely shift over to a new cashless economy to control all the rampant financial chaos and corruption which will result in the wake of America's destruction

I strongly doubt that the AC will be a US president, though it's possible that Obama could still fulfill the role after he leaves the presidency, perhaps via some role at the U.N. I think prophecy indicates that all this various world change will happen through the U.N. as a political vehicle and will, itself, undergo some fairly significant power-structure changes as a result.

Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
First I want to say that I like the concept of the title of the thread and the video. Next I would say that I like the production of the video using movie clips.

Thanks for the encouragement.

The New Jerusalem has no part in battles. It does not come down until all enemies, including Satan and death have been cast into the lake of fire and we see the New Heaven and the New Earth.

Jesus' description of his return includes the sun being darkened, the moon not giving her light the power of the heavens being shaken etcI believe this is a reference to New Jerusalem. We go to meet him in the air and then into New Jerusalem, which will be hovering over the earth (as Dave watchman's photos suggest). We celebrate the marriage supper of the lamb while the bowls of wrath are poured out on a spiritually desolate world below.

Part of that wrath includes gathering together the armies of the earth. What are they gathering against? The final bowl of wrath shows Jesus and his followers riding down, just after the marriage supper of the lamb, from some high place to fight against the armies gathered together. All the context points to something which the saints are gathered into and something which the armies of the earth gather against, a something which must be visible to them from their earthly perspective so that they will be able to gather against it.

I know you made the video based on your perception, but, imho, you have put the events in the wrong sequence. The idea is great though, but think of someone watching the video who know not Jesus and His salvation.

Part of the mistake sometimes made with interpreting the Revelation is that events in chapter 20 must, of necessity based on how we understand ordering systems, come after events in chapter 6 or 12 or 18. But the numbering system we have now was added later, for the sake of making reference easier and more organized. The numbers themselves do not have any influence on how the events are meant to relate to one another.

For example, movies could be numbered according to their frame number. Most movies run at 24 frames per second. These frames can be numbered so that a movie could have tens of thousands of frames all put into a numerical order. But chaos and a whole lot of misunderstanding would result if we were to say that the events in frame number 3,782 must come after events in frame number 2041, when the events in frame 3782 are actually a flash back to events before the previous frames. Anyone judging the events based on the number of the frames will certainly misunderstand the essence of what the story is attempting to communicate.

Books and movies often employ literary devices where simultaneous action happens at the same time, or is described from different perspectives, or flash backs, or flash forwards and yet, because we cannot read/watch two or three stories happening at the same time in our linear perspective of time we must put one before the other when it comes to how we experience them. So a movie will show action happening in the U.S. and then, later in the movie will travel back in time to show us action which was happening at that same time but in a different part of the world or from a different perspective.

The description of Revelation 21 shows a spiritual milestone being achieved, where the New Jerusalem comes down from Heaven thus showing the completion of this particular part of God's overall plan. This is what happens at the return of Jesus or, as the Angel says, at the sounding of the 7th trumpet, "the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord and of Christ and he shall reign forever" (Revelation 11). That is immediately followed up with an explanation about how the time of God's wrath has come.

Revelation 21 is a description, spiritually, of what's happening when the 7th angel sounds. It is a description from a different perspective with different emphasis, but it is describing the same event from Revelation 11 at the sounding of the 7th trumpet. Otherwise you must conclude (and then defend) that there are two separate "the kingdoms of the earth are become the kingdoms of the Lord and Christ shall reign forever), one for Revelation 11 and another for Revelation 21.

Of course, doing so would make no sense, since after the first claiming of the kingdoms how could there be a second claiming? They've already been claimed in Revelation 11.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As well to say that the world will be overrun by talking animals. There are actually talking animals in Scripture (the serpent and Balaam's ass), and talking animals have been used in literature worldwide and throughout history to dispense practical wisdom (i.e.. Aesop's fables). Thus they could be a grand vehicle to be used by the nearly all-powerful Satan envisioned in most "end times" fabrications to deceive the masses. Let's face it, it makes as much sense as Space Men & Flying Saucers, and even has the tiniest bit of Scripture behind it, where SM&FS has none.
That's comforting, anyway.

Most serious UFO investigators agree that about 95% of UFOs are mundane stuff- airplanes, birds, clouds, whatever. Of the 5% left unidentified, there's no reason to think they're Flying Saucers except as a matter of faith. My faith doesn't run in that direction. I see no more reason to believe in Demons & Flying Saucers than I do Space Men & Flying Saucers, because I see no reason to believe in Flying Saucers.

That they are not. They have said, quite categorically, that should aliens show up they'd consider them people to be evangelized, but that they have no evidence that there are any aliens at all.

And will be as long as people can look up, point, and say "what is that?" Just be mindful that a "UFO" is a zillion or so times more likely to be the American Airlines shuttle from DCA to JFK than a Flying Saucer being driven by either demons or Space Men from the planet Zorch.

Yep, and one made-up story on "end times" is about as good as another.
Jipsah said:

The definition of an alien in this context would be “not of this world”. I would argue fallen angels fit that definition and are referred to in my bible, what about yours? I believe a case can be made from scripture some of them are still active in our world today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identification_studies_of_UFOs

If your faith is in one of the Government studies and their conclusions, all I can say is, may God help you.

Even with your 5% number you have a lot of explaining to do.

Postview from post# 5 The Catholic Church is looking for some kind of alien contact in the future.

https://aplanetruth.info/2015/03/31...ies-including-the-newest-named-l-u-c-i-f-e-r/

https://redice.tv/news/vatican-tied-mount-graham-observatory-launches-lucifer-telescope

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/former-pope-warns-of-vatican-alien-agenda/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/vatican-observatory-alien-jesus_us_55bf8ae3e4b0d4f33a03586a

http://www.christianpost.com/news/v...ed-but-will-not-prove-or-disprove-god-126813/

I guess they just have a centuries old hobby of stargazing!

What business does any church having anything to do with an observatory with an acronym L.U.C.I.F.E.R.?

Upvote 0