• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Republican Rep Lauren Boebert or is it Annie Oakley?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Par5, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Par5

Par5 Well-Known Member

+584
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Married
    Republican Representative Lauren Boebert has posted a video of herself posing around Washinton carrying a weapon. viral digital ad
    She also managed to get a mention during her city walkabout for the restaurant that she owns. Clever. The city's police chief has said that the department will be speaking to Boebert about her little stunt.
    I just find it incredible that at a time when almost 4000 Americans are dying each day because of the covid virus that this woman's priority is about ensuring that people have something, which like covid, has form when it comes to killing Americans.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+2,635
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    OR maybe like a vaccine it protects people from being killed.

3. SigurdReginson

SigurdReginson Active Member

+485
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    Or, maybe not...

[​IMG]

Imo, the problem isn't the guns, it's america's attitude in regards to guns. A lot of people acting stupidly.

I'm all for guns, but I also think we need mandatory military conscription like switzerland so we can have the maturity to be able to use them.

No real training = no respect for something that IS a weapon designed to kill.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+2,635
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Frankly I would prefer not to have people in the military who do not want to be there. Trying to compare other nations to this country is just not realistic.

5. SigurdReginson

+485
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    I disagree. I think military conscription builds character; a lot of character we lack as a nation.

We have problems as a nation, and those problems start with us. If we aren't willing to work on them, expect more of the same.

Military conscription doesn't mean everyone gets sent to the front lines (99% don't see action)... It does mean everyone gets training to become more disciplined, though. We sorely need that as a nation.

6. Elliewaves

Elliewaves Untouchable internet saint

+1,623
    Non-Denom
    Engaged
    I used to laugh at Bobo, but then I learned how she met and married her husband. She basically married her own predator whom she met as a minor when he exposed himself to her, he was an adult. They started dating and she became pregnant and then dropped out of school; so I can't even to begin to imagine how completely messed up she is.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+16,648
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Yes, we learned that lesson in Viet Nam. We can't fight an unnecessary, unpopular foreign war with conscript troops.

8. Par5

Par5 Well-Known Member

+584
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Married
    You use a vaccine to prevent someone from dying. That is what it is designed to do.
    You use a gun to kill someone. That is what it is designed to do.

9. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,307
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Hey thats MY representative we're talking about here!

10. SigurdReginson

+485
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    Hmmm... I think there's a difference between a random draft all at once when we go to war vs. a reserve in place long before war is even a thought. When it's something that everyone knows early on, there's no nasty surprises.

Besides, there would be plenty of conscripted folks who would volunteer to go to the action if the opportunity ever presented itself; especially for hazard pay.

11. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+28,817
    Anglican
    Married
    And some of us just find it incredible that at this time in history, an advanced nation should waste energy and money on maintaining a monarchy which has no real authority. Still in all, we probably aren't equipped perfectly enough to be able to evaluate everyone else in the world, and by that same standard....well, you know.

12. Par5

Par5 Well-Known Member

+584
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Married
    I don't know what the monarchy has to do with what we are discussing. As far as I know, no member of the monarchy has shot anyone, nor have they ever encouraged gun ownership.
    Anyway, remove the monarchy and you would deprive the thousands of Americans who come to the UK each year the opportunity to make a beeline line for Buckingham Palace to see the changing of the guard and to take a selfie. They might even get a glimpse of the old girl herself. Don't be a spoilsport Albion!

13. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+28,817
    Anglican
    Married
    Oh dear. And I thought for certain that you'd get the point.

I agree about that, but somehow it doesn't seem logical to maintain the monarchy and all that goes with it only in order to have an answer to Disney World. But if you do, maybe you can appreciate that when it comes to gun ownership, Americans value freedom, which does include the right of self-defense.

Anyway, the reference to the monarchy was just an example. Any number of other British doings could just as easily have been selected for the purpose.

14. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+5,356
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Military conscription is as immoral as slavery.

15. 7thKeeper

7thKeeper Hetalia: Axis Powers fan

+346
    Agnostic
    In Relationship
    Very heavily disagreed, but then again, my geographical location compared to yours does colour the opinion.

16. grasping the after wind

+5,356
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Truth is truth no matter where one is. Government does not have the right to confiscate my person any more than a plantation owner would.

17. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,307
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    I saw her when I was there in Dec 2008! She and a gigantic entourage paraded to Parliament for its opening. We had no idea this was going on and had randomly found our way to Parliament Square where we stood right behind some police and soldiers and waved to her in her carriage.

18. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,307
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Perhaps. But war is a situation where the concept of "rights" has already been left behind. Most of the activities of war, from all sides, are a violation of any sort of rights we typically respect.

19. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+28,817
    Anglican
    Married
    You would of course want conscription for females as well as males, right?

20. grasping the after wind

+5,356
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Then perhaps countries ought to refrain from engaging in war altogether if the people in charge of government do not believe their citizens are invested enough in their country to defend it voluntarily?
    Additionally, I believe the poster I was replying to would be pleased with universal conscription in both war and peacetime.