What does the left really stand for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Honest question if anyone cares to enlighten me as I've been a bit confused lately. I'm old enough to remember what they used to stand for. They were the ones usually against war and mainly protested against the establishment and globalist organizations like the WTO.

It's almost like I don't recognize them anymore and then I came across this interview with the founder of Food Not Bombs and realized the sea change I thought I saw really did occur. Below is an excerpt from that interview:

PC: I have spent a lot of time trying to work out exactly why the left/anarchist scene collapsed so dramatically as a force for resistance in the Spring of 2020. Do you have any thoughts on this?

KM: Based on my having survived four decades of state and corporate intelligence agency disruption, I believe I have an educated guess. It looked like there was an effective strategy linking covertly controlled far right groups waving Trump and Confederate flags and AR-15s with opposition to the COVID policies. I know I didn’t witness any other left anarchists denouncing the policies in the first months so like many others who may have shared my perspective I thought I was alone. The headlines of most corporate media blasted stories like “Coronavirus: Armed protesters enter Michigan statehouse” with the media showing footage of protesters outside state houses chanting “Let us in!”, “Let us work” and “This is the people’s house, you cannot lock us out”. Before COVID, unarmed leftists would have been the ones chanting these slogans but the images of Trump-supporting, gun-toting anti-lockdown protesters helped shape the narrative. In the early days of the crisis, the Los Angeles Times had a story showing a Proud Boy Nazi with swastika tattoos stabbing a pedestrian during a lockdown protest.

But this is only one of the many aspects of the psychological operations that was effective. The use of media to repeatedly claim isolation, masking, social distancing and shots were all about protecting the community and for the greater good of all, fed into some of the core beliefs of the left. No self-respecting leftists wants to be accused of being selfish.

The left also did not want to be anti-science and since all alternative ideas were censored or attributed to tin foil hat Qanon Trumpers it became a badge of honor to smugly sneer at those ignorant hillbilly deplorables.

I also think that those in power were clever and their foundations started to fund a loyal opposition with haste when the Democratic Party chose Biden as the leader of the regime. One of the first reports on the popular left program Democracy Now! featured Peter Daszak of the EcoHealth Alliance claiming a bat virus in a Wuhan wet market was the likely source of the Pandemic. My friend, investigative journalist Sam Husseini, was never asked to refute Daszak’s claim even though Sam had several articles published in April 2020, on the history of gain-of-function releases at American-funded bio-weapons laboratories, a dramatic subject that would have interested Amy Goodman before the crisis. The host Amy Goodman breathlessly reported on the refrigerator trucks outside New York City hospitals. She was all in on the official COVID narrative and that has had a major influence on the American left.

“The funding of the non-profit industrial complex is often a means of controlling dissent in the United States”

Foundations have helped to coopt as many left organizations as possible. Most of our allies accepted their support, surrounding the left with community groups who danced to the tune of Gates, Soros and other philanthropists. The funding of the non-profit industrial complex is often a means of controlling dissent in the United States. The messaging was unified and total. It was intimidating. My early posts of “I always support secret military programs and Big Pharma”, in my ironic response to social media demands to comply with the totalitarian program, were either mocked or commented on with confusion. Reminding activists of our struggle against the World Trade Organization and its direct line to the proponents of a digital slavery of vaccine passports, and other programs of globalist associations like the World Economic Forum and The World Trade Organization, seems to have evaporated with the fear of COVID and the potential of being mocked for not going along with the crowd.

• Informative
Reactions: rjs330

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
...I'm old enough to remember what they used to stand for. They were the ones usually against war and mainly protested against the establishment and globalist organizations like the WTO.....It's almost like I don't recognize them anymore.....
Skipping the far left for the moment, the bigger "left" simply incorporates the old center, as the main voting right has drifted off into the radicalism of overturning elections and other anti reality positions.

The old center was anti communist, anti fascist, valued international institutions and cultivated alliances with other freedom minded countries. The right has jettisoned all that except for anti communism, which is hardly a threat anymore.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Skipping the far left for the moment, the bigger "left" simply incorporates the old center, as the main voting right has drifted off into the radicalism of overturning elections and other anti reality positions.

Sometimes I think the centrists on both sides are closer to each other than to their own far-left/right comrades. And sometimes I wish a viable third party - a centrist party - would come out of all this. I think it would go far in helping the effects of the extreme polarization we now see.

Reactions: Radicchio
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes I think the centrists on both sides are closer to each other than to their far-left/right counterparts. And sometimes I wish a viable third party - a centrist party - would come out of all this. I think it would go far in helping the effects of the extreme polarization we now see.
The current center right, not the fringy proud boys etc, but the mainline supporters of the rights last president and his rejection of constitutional norms, are simply so reality disconnected that they alienate a lot of traditional centrists who might share some policy affinities.

As for a 3rd party. There is no possible durable third (or fourth etc) party. The "first pass the post" election system we have naturally games out to two parties.

Want more parties.... change the system. Ranked preference voting would be a step. But it would require sign on by the current 2 parties who are understandably hostile to it. Perhaps citizen voter initiatives could be an avenue for ranked choice proposals?

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
... they alienate a lot of traditional centrists who might share some policy affinities.

That alienation can be manipulated too. I think that's one of the points brought out in the interview that made sense of things to me. You remember Michael Moore's 2016 Trump speech - it wasn't so much that Trump was their friend, but that he was the enemy of their enemy (the elites, politicians, and corporatists who had destroyed the working class dreams, etc...)

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seemed to align with what I saw with my own eyes.
People have subjective views of terms such as WTO and Globalism. The fundamental dichotomy to reason upon in all of politics is Democracy/Autocracy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rachel20
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honest question if anyone cares to enlighten me as I've been a bit confused lately. I'm old enough to remember what they used to stand for. They were the ones usually against war and mainly protested against the establishment and globalist organizations like the WTO.

It's almost like I don't recognize them anymore and then I came across this interview with the founder of Food Not Bombs and realized the sea change I thought I saw really did occur. Below is an excerpt from that interview:

PC: I have spent a lot of time trying to work out exactly why the left/anarchist scene collapsed so dramatically as a force for resistance in the Spring of 2020. Do you have any thoughts on this?

KM: Based on my having survived four decades of state and corporate intelligence agency disruption, I believe I have an educated guess. It looked like there was an effective strategy linking covertly controlled far right groups waving Trump and Confederate flags and AR-15s with opposition to the COVID policies. I know I didn’t witness any other left anarchists denouncing the policies in the first months so like many others who may have shared my perspective I thought I was alone. The headlines of most corporate media blasted stories like “Coronavirus: Armed protesters enter Michigan statehouse” with the media showing footage of protesters outside state houses chanting “Let us in!”, “Let us work” and “This is the people’s house, you cannot lock us out”. Before COVID, unarmed leftists would have been the ones chanting these slogans but the images of Trump-supporting, gun-toting anti-lockdown protesters helped shape the narrative. In the early days of the crisis, the Los Angeles Times had a story showing a Proud Boy Nazi with swastika tattoos stabbing a pedestrian during a lockdown protest.

But this is only one of the many aspects of the psychological operations that was effective. The use of media to repeatedly claim isolation, masking, social distancing and shots were all about protecting the community and for the greater good of all, fed into some of the core beliefs of the left. No self-respecting leftists wants to be accused of being selfish.

The left also did not want to be anti-science and since all alternative ideas were censored or attributed to tin foil hat Qanon Trumpers it became a badge of honor to smugly sneer at those ignorant hillbilly deplorables.

I also think that those in power were clever and their foundations started to fund a loyal opposition with haste when the Democratic Party chose Biden as the leader of the regime. One of the first reports on the popular left program Democracy Now! featured Peter Daszak of the EcoHealth Alliance claiming a bat virus in a Wuhan wet market was the likely source of the Pandemic. My friend, investigative journalist Sam Husseini, was never asked to refute Daszak’s claim even though Sam had several articles published in April 2020, on the history of gain-of-function releases at American-funded bio-weapons laboratories, a dramatic subject that would have interested Amy Goodman before the crisis. The host Amy Goodman breathlessly reported on the refrigerator trucks outside New York City hospitals. She was all in on the official COVID narrative and that has had a major influence on the American left.

“The funding of the non-profit industrial complex is often a means of controlling dissent in the United States”

Foundations have helped to coopt as many left organizations as possible. Most of our allies accepted their support, surrounding the left with community groups who danced to the tune of Gates, Soros and other philanthropists. The funding of the non-profit industrial complex is often a means of controlling dissent in the United States. The messaging was unified and total. It was intimidating. My early posts of “I always support secret military programs and Big Pharma”, in my ironic response to social media demands to comply with the totalitarian program, were either mocked or commented on with confusion. Reminding activists of our struggle against the World Trade Organization and its direct line to the proponents of a digital slavery of vaccine passports, and other programs of globalist associations like the World Economic Forum and The World Trade Organization, seems to have evaporated with the fear of COVID and the potential of being mocked for not going along with the crowd.
We use to have designations of left and right, liberal and conservative. Now we have a whole different animal which should be kept seperate, far left and far right. They are both somewhat delusioned by politics.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That alienation can be manipulated too. I think that's one of the points brought out in the interview that made sense of things to me. You remember Michael Moore's 2016 Trump speech - it wasn't so much that Trump was their friend, but that he was the enemy of their enemy (the elites, politicians, and corporatists who had destroyed the working class dreams, etc...)
Correct…a right wing populist. (ie, not “conservative”)

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We use to have designations of left and right, liberal and conservative. Now we have a whole different animal which should be kept seperate, far left and far right. They are both somewhat delusioned by politics.

I agree. I'm at the tail end of the boomer generation and remember what things used to be like. Very different animal now. I remember Buffet's comment that in his day people voted for people they liked. Now they vote against people they hate.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The current center right, not the fringy proud boys etc, but the mainline supporters of the rights last president and his rejection of constitutional norms, are simply so reality disconnected that they alienate a lot of traditional centrists who might share some policy affinities.

As for a 3rd party. There is no possible durable third (or fourth etc) party. The "first pass the post" election system we have naturally games out to two parties.

Want more parties.... change the system. Ranked preference voting would be a step. But it would require sign on by the current 2 parties who are understandably hostile to it. Perhaps citizen voter initiatives could be an avenue for ranked choice proposals?
We need to vote for people who will support legislation to eliminate big money private donors from determining who gets to run for office.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We need to vote for people who will support legislation to eliminate big money private donors from determining who gets to run for office.

I was so impacted by Griffin's left-right paradigm that I'm not sure "voting" at the federal level is worth much, in the sense that the elites pre-picked nominees are lined up before us to select from. So no matter which one we choose, we've chosen their person. I've heard the best approach now is local politics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
The left seems to me to be the same liberal big government mess that it was before, just with more LGBTQ+ concerns. It's the right I don't recognize any more, shifting radically from conservative to Trumpist.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
The left as i see it wants a liberal government dictatorial rule. Ideally where all government officials are liberal and will control the citizens from the position of. We (liberals) are of greater intelligence and know what is best for everyone, so follow our agenda/rule.

• Winner
Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The left as i see it wants a liberal government dictatorial rule. Ideally where all government officials are liberal and will control the citizens from the position of. We (liberals) are of greater intelligence and know what is best for everyone, so follow our agenda/rule.

That's one of the major sea changes from my viewpoint. They've become hard-line authoritarians. That can't end well for anyone, including them.

• Agree
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
D's mostly and some R's were for considerable control over massive donor campaign ownership. But R supreme court justices squashed that.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What I see is people whove been taught that^ by right wing indignation peddler media.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.