Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You are a classic scoffer. Just another one of the majority, that will be surprised and shocked by coming events.
The prophesies are given to everyone, from the ancient times until today and just because most remain unfulfilled, in no way means they won't be. The Lord says: Whatever I say; will be done. Ezekiel 12:27-28
I can't ride with you here Keras. Read it again *carefully*.

I think you're missing it.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,369.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I can't ride with you here Keras. Read it again *carefully*.
I think you're missing it.
I made it clear that prophesies that remain unfulfilled; will be and that Day may be very soon.
Much of the Bible prophecy IS for us, now nearly at the end of this age. The Israelites in Ezekiel 12:27 are speaking the truth, this is obvious as most of Ezekiel's prophecies await fulfilment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,369.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Both 'replacement theology' and 'Two People, Two Promises', are bunk:
The Church as the People of God of the New Covenant, isn’t a correct statement as it is only individuals who qualify according to their faith and righteousness.
In the New Testament no emphasis is given to any select group, but only to the whole company of what the NT calls ‘the elect,’ ‘the saints,’ ‘the disciples,’ ‘the brothers and sisters.’ If we recognize that all baptized believers make up the Body of Christ and the People of God, we won’t make the mistake of identifying the Church with the clergy. The Church is always the whole People of God, the whole ekklesia, the whole Body of Christ, the whole communion (fellowship, koinonia) of the disciples of Jesus. It includes lay persons, clergy and non church people. All baptized born again believers make up and belong together to the chosen race, the royal priesthood, the holy nation. This implies a second conclusion: that as Christians, all members of the Church are fundamentally equal. All equally have been called by God to belong, all equally have been justified by Christ, all equally have been sanctified by the Holy Spirit. All equally have been called to respond to the message, the person and the work of Christ, by their faith, their commitment, their cooperation, their trust and their love. In principle also, all are equally responsible for the Church’s work in the world, its mission to spread to Gospel.

The gifts of the Spirit result in different services, tasks, functions and offices, but they are secondary to the fundamental membership in the Church which is based on true belief, and to the life of discipleship which stems from keeping the Commandments and doing the works according each persons situation. What counts more than any ministry or office, however exalted, is whether we live authentically as members of the chosen People of God. Do we live in faith, hope and love our covenant relationship with God and with our fellow disciples of Jesus? For, more than anything, the Church is the community of the disciples of Jesus. Everything else is secondary and subordinate to that. The shared call to baptism and discipleship has meant that from the beginning all kinds of people, sometimes persons naturally opposed, have joined the Church and belonged to the Church. Jews and Gentiles, free citizens and slaves, rich and poor, men and women, have shared with one another in the life of the Church as fellow disciples of Jesus Christ, their Lord. An important point is that only through Jesus, has every Christian become the People of God of the New Covenant.

This has happened ‘in Christ,’ as Paul says. This truth raises two questions, vital questions in Christian-Jewish dialogue and reconciliation today:
1. Has God rejected His ethnic people and been unfaithful to his promises?
2. Have the Jews ceased to be the People of God?

These are difficult questions, which have been debated by Bible scholars and theologians for many years. To both of these questions the Apostle Paul has given a decisive ‘No!’ But as we see today, most Jews continue to reject Jesus.
So; who exactly is the Israel of God now?

We know from Romans 9:27, that Israel is as numerous as the sands of the sea and 1 Peter 1:1 and James 1:1 both send greetings to the Twelve Tribes, scattered abroad.
The Jews alone do not fit either of these criteria.

The truth, that God has kept hidden from general knowledge, is that the ten Northern tribes, taken to the Caucasus region by Assyria did not remain there and they migrated across Europe, they now comprise most of the Western peoples and have become the Christian nations.

That God’s Plan to have a people that bear the proper fruit; as the Jews rejected Him, Matthew 21:43, HAS been successful and that Western Christians are mostly Israelites: actual descendants of Jacob, is nothing short of miraculous and shows God’s amazing Plan of sending Jesus to be our Redeemer and Saviour, to be God’s fulfilment of Deuteronomy 18:18-19, Acts 7:37

Note: that Jesus came to be our Redeemer. To redeem someone means to reinstate them, to buy them back again from a fallen state.
Our destiny as born again Christians, is to be the people God has never had, His witnesses, Isaiah 43:10 and displaying His Light to the nations. Isaiah 49:8. It will be our privilege and our honour, as He showers His Spirit and His Blessings upon His righteous people, as they live in peace and prosperity in all of the holy Land. Amos 9:13-15, Isaiah 35:1-10, Ezekiel 39:25-29, Revelation 7:9

The acceptance of the Gospel by some Jews like Paul means that their apostasy is not total. But the bulk of the ethnic Christian Israel of God are His people who have forgotten their ancestry. In the end times, their eyes will be opened and their ears unstopped; Isaiah 32:3-4 All the true righteous and faithful Christian people from every tribe, race, nation and language, Revelation 5:9-10, will be citizens of the new nation of Beulah, Isaiah 62:1-5, in all of the holy Land, but in order to fulfil God’s promises to the Patriarchs, the majority will be the actual descendants of Jacob. Amos 9:9, Jeremiah 50:4-7

As Paul asserts: in the end "all Israel will be saved.” That is: every ethnic Israelite faithful to God, will enter the holy Land, accompanied by every true Christian Gentile, all members of the Israel of God, Isaiah 56:1-8, Ephesians 2:1-18, but those Jews and Israelites who reject Him will not. Ezekiel 20:34-38, Hebrews 10:26-27

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As Paul asserts: in the end "all Israel will be saved.” That is: every ethnic Israelite faithful to God, will enter the holy Land, accompanied by every true Christian Gentile, all members of the Israel of God, Isaiah 56:1-8, Ephesians 2:1-18, but those Jews and Israelites who reject Him will not. Ezekiel 20:34-38, Hebrews 10:26-27

There is one important word in Romans 11:26 that many leave out.
That word is "so". The Greek word "houto", means the "manner" in which something is done.
We could think of it as "how" something is done.

Rom 11:26  And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "THE DELIVERER WILL COME OUT OF ZION, AND HE WILL TURN AWAY UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB; 
Rom 11:27  FOR THIS IS MY COVENANT WITH THEM, WHEN I TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS." 

The covenant in Romans 11:27 is the New Covenant fulfilled for all races of people at Calvary.
It is not waiting on a future fulfillment.
The Deliverer fulfilled this covenant in His Blood, about 2,000 years ago.

In Romans 9:6-8 we find two Israels.

There is an Israel of the Flesh, who are not the children of God and there is an Israel of the Promise, who are the children of God.

Tremendous confusion comes from lumping both of them together into one group.

The New Covenant was made with Israel and Judah, as found in Hebrews 8:6-13.
The Gentiles were grafted in several years later.
The Olive Tree is a symbol of the New Covenant Church made up of Israelite and Gentile branches grafted together into one tree.

Within Romans chapter 11 Paul describes how the branches broken off of the Olive Tree may be grafted back into the tree through faith in Christ.
This is "how" all Israel will be saved.
This is indicated by the Greek word "houto", which is translated into "so" in English.

The most important genealogy in the whole Bible is found in Matthew 1:1.
Christ is the seed of Abraham and the seed of David.
After that genealogy ceases to be a factor in God's Plan, as revealed by John the Baptist's warning to his fellow Jews in Matthew 3:9.
We also find in Galatians 3:16 that the promise made to Abraham was made only to Christ and in Galatians 3:29 we find that the promise comes to us through Christ.

When the Pharisees tell Jesus that they are Abraham's seed in John chapter 8, Jesus makes it clear that their genealogy is not going to help them. As He told Nicodemus in John Chapter 3 a man must be born of the Spirit to see the kingdom of God.

In 1 Timothy we find a clear statement which reveals that a person's DNA sample is not a factor in the New Covenant.

1Ti 1:4  nor give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Much of the Bible prophecy IS for us, now nearly at the end of this age.
Speculation, not supported by scripture.
You must appeal to newspapers, wild interpretations, and other extra biblical traditions and beliefs to support this statement.

The Apostles and Jesus were clear.
THEY lived at the end of the age. Eschatology was delivered to and directly addressed to THEM.
Removing them from ANY application the way your view mandates is unfounded.

The Israelites in Ezekiel 12:27 are speaking the truth, this is obvious as most of Ezekiel's prophecies await fulfilment.

Ezekiel disagrees with you in his immediate REBUKE of what you claim was the truth those Israelites were saying:

28 Therefore say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; There shall none of my words be prolonged any more,.

Ezekiel must be correct in his rebuke of their (and your) view.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,369.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel disagrees with you in his immediate REBUKE of what you claim was the truth those Israelites were saying:
28 Therefore say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; There shall none of my words be prolonged any more,.
Ezekiel must be correct in his rebuke of their (and your) view.
From our perspective, saying that something will not be prolonged any more, does mean immediate or very soon fulfilment.
But because what Ezekiel prophesied DID NOT happen soon or immediately, then we know what God stated was in His timing. For God it has only been about 3 or 4 days since He told Ezekiel some of His plans for mankind. 2 Peter 3:8
Plainly, we await the fulfilment of dramatic events and because you and many others don't want to know about it and make every attempt to avoid what God has said He will do, then you will be caught unprepared, to your detriment.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From our perspective, saying that something will not be prolonged any more, does mean immediate or very soon fulfilment.
But because what Ezekiel prophesied DID NOT happen soon or immediately, then we know what God stated was in His timing.

So your claim is that Ezekiel was wrong in His rebuke, and the Israelites he was rebuking were right???

That When Ezekiel responded to the Israelites claim that His words were "for Many Days and times far off" by saying "no! Thus says the Lord, it is for times near and about to be" that Ezekiel was wrong to say that??

When A prophet says "thus says the Lord" and the thing fails to come to pass, then scripture tells us he is a false prophet and NOTHING he says is to be believed.

For God it has only been about 3 or 4 days since He told Ezekiel some of His plans for mankind. 2 Peter 3:8
Plainly, we await the fulfilment of dramatic events and because you and many others don't want to know about it and make every attempt to avoid what God has said He will do, then you will be caught unprepared, to your detriment.

So again, if you claim 2000 years is "2 days, Near, shortly, not prolonged anymore, about to take place, in a very little while, at hand & quickly", How many thousands of years do you say "not for Many Days & for Times Far off" are?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I made it clear that prophesies that remain unfulfilled; will be and that Day may be very soon.
Much of the Bible prophecy IS for us, now nearly at the end of this age. The Israelites in Ezekiel 12:27 are speaking the truth, this is obvious as most of Ezekiel's prophecies await fulfilment.
I think you have the passage wrong. They are NOT speaking truth. That's the very point God is making. All one has to do is go on to Ezekiel 13:1, 2:
Then the word of the Lord came to me saying,
2 “Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who prophesy, and say to those who prophesy from their own inspiration...

The fact is...it is fulfilled...you'll find out.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,369.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I think you have the passage wrong. They are NOT speaking truth. That's the very point God is making. All one has to do is go on to Ezekiel 13:1, 2:
Then the word of the Lord came to me saying,
2 “Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who prophesy, and say to those who prophesy from their own inspiration...

The fact is...it is fulfilled...you'll find out
No, I am not wrong. What most of the Bible prophets wrote, is not yet fulfilled. They are for us, now in the last days. 1 Corinthians 10:11
Just saying they are fulfilled, isn't good enough; your opinion means nothing, please quote historical facts to prove your preterist case.

Quoting Ezekiel 13:1-2, is disingenuous and a red herring; is Ezekiel condemning himself?
No he is talking there about false prophets and we have had them aplenty. 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, I am not wrong. What most of the Bible prophets wrote, is not yet fulfilled. They are for us, now in the last days. 1 Corinthians 10:11
Just saying they are fulfilled, isn't good enough; your opinion means nothing, please quote historical facts to prove your preterist case.
Keras, you do realize prophets tell you who their prophesies apply to? Listen to Ezekiel 2:3-7 where Ezekiel tells you who he is sent to:
3 Then He said to me, “Son of man, I am sending you to the sons of Israel, to a rebellious people who have rebelled against Me; they and their fathers have transgressed against Me to this very day.
4 I am sending you to them who are stubborn and obstinate children, and you shall say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God.’
5 As for them, whether they listen or notfor they are a rebellious housethey will know that a prophet has been among them.
6 And you, son of man, neither fear them nor fear their words, though thistles and thorns are with you and you sit on scorpions; neither fear their words nor be dismayed at their presence, for they are a rebellious house.
7 But you shall speak My words to them whether they listen or not, for they are rebellious.

Ezekiel has just told you who God sent him to. For you to now say this is future is plain erroneous application of scripture.

Quoting Ezekiel 13:1-2, is disingenuous and a red herring; is Ezekiel condemning himself?
No he is talking there about false prophets and we have had them aplenty. 2 Timothy 4:3-4
Keras, 12 and 13 go together! Just because the translators started another chapter doesn't mean the subject has changed, Ezekiel is on the same point, which is false prophets.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,369.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel has just told you who God sent him to. For you to now say this is future is plain erroneous application of scripture.
And then Jesus came to offer salvation to all who would accept it. THEY, [we Christians] became the new Israel of God. Ephesians 2:11-18
Paul makes it clear that the OT prophesies are now for us, in the last days. 1 Corinthians 10:6-11 and 2 Peter 1:19
In no way did all those clearly stated prophesies happen in the past. Treating about 1/4 of the Bible as now irrelevant is a serious matter and simply leaves you in the dark, about what is in our future.
It is quite impossible to now apply all the unfulfilled prophesies to just the Jews.

Re Ezekiel chapters 12 & 13. I asked a question: Is Ezekiel condemning himself?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And then Jesus came to offer salvation to all who would accept it. THEY, [we Christians] became the new Israel of God. Ephesians 2:11-18
Don't get it misconstrued Keras. When you do that your study falls apart. Ephesians 2:11-18 has a key verse in it at verse 13:
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
This applies AFTER the cross! Remember John 1:11?:
11 He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him.

This is how Jesus put it in Matthew 15:24:
24 But He answered and said, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

You have to keep things in context. Jesus came to Israel first...the cross opens the door to the Gentiles to become part of the Israel of God,
Paul makes it clear that the OT prophesies are now for us, in the last days. 1 Corinthians 10:6-11 and 2 Peter 1:19
In no way did all those clearly stated prophesies happen in the past.
1 Corinthians 10:6-11 applies in the context of LEARNING from the mistakes of Israel in the wilderness with Moses. Paul clearly says those things were EXAMPLES...not prophetic! The point is the Corinthians should learn from the disobedience of Israel, and we should also...from Israel and the church at Corinth.

In 2 Peter 1:19 you need to be more careful. Of course the word is prophetic...but that doesn't mean you don't have to understand that even fulfilled prophecy serves as a witness to God's Word being sure and benefits us in our faith in God and future prophecies. When the apostles quote prophecy you do well to go back and read it to properly apply it.

Treating about 1/4 of the Bible as now irrelevant is a serious matter and simply leaves you in the dark, about what is in our future.
No. What is serious error is not understanding what is fulfilled.
It is quite impossible to now apply all the unfulfilled prophesies to just the Jews.
So then how is Ezekiel 12/13 going to be fulfilled Keras?
Re Ezekiel chapters 12 & 13. I asked a question: Is Ezekiel condemning himself?
Once again...if you can't understand God is telling Ezekiel what to say to Israel while they were in EXILE listening to false prophets you'll continue to apply the prophecy in error.

For instance in Ezekiel 12:17-20 is specifically speaking of Jerusalem's destruction at the hand of Nebuchadnezzar. That is fulfilled. Do you deny that?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,369.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You have to keep things in context. Jesus came to Israel first...the cross opens the door to the Gentiles to become part of the Israel of God,
Agreed. Now the Jews, as a ethnic people, have lost the Kingdom and all Christians, Jew and Gentile, are the people who bear the proper fruit. Matthew 21:43
When the apostles quote prophecy you do well to go back and read it to properly apply it.
Reading the Prophesies carefully, as I do, it soon becomes apparent that a final fulfilment of most of them is yet to come.
No. What is serious error is not understanding what is fulfilled.
I know history quite well. Biblical and secular and it is plain that a lot of prophecy, esp about cosmic events have never yet happened. They are too detailed and specific to chuck them into the metaphoric bin.
So then how is Ezekiel 12/13 going to be fulfilled Keras?
We have scoffers and deniers of the Prophetic Word aplenty today.
Most of it is for the last days, still to come; before the Return of Jesus. Saying it isn't, is purely your opinion, as you cannot foresee the future.
For instance in Ezekiel 12:17-20 is specifically speaking of Jerusalem's destruction at the hand of Nebuchadnezzar. That is fulfilled. Do you deny that?
Yes I do deny that. Note how Ezekiel 12:10-16 does apply to the Bab. conquest and a few Jews are left in the Land. But Ezekiel 12:17-20 says the Land will be a waste and empty, towns deserted. This remains to happen, confirmed by Jeremiah 10:18, Ezekiel 21:1-8, Amos 2:4-5

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Agreed. Now the Jews, as a ethnic people, have lost the Kingdom and all Christians, Jew and Gentile, are the people who bear the proper fruit. Matthew 21:43
No. The Jews never lost the Kingdom, they are part of it. What they lost was their place as God's chosen people since they broke the covenant of Mt Sinai. Jesus institutes a New Covenant
Reading the Prophesies carefully, as I do, it soon becomes apparent that a final fulfilment of most of them is yet to come.

I know history quite well. Biblical and secular and it is plain that a lot of prophecy, esp about cosmic events have never yet happened. They are too detailed and specific to chuck them into the metaphoric bin.
Here's where you have the problem. What you are calling "cosmic events" you obviously regard them to be literal. No one "chucks them in a metaphorical bin". It is the apocalyptic language of prophecy. That you will find out as none of it happens. Furthermore after reading the Psalms and all the cosmic language of Jewish poetry, how is it you just disregard it in prophecy?
We have scoffers and deniers of the Prophetic Word aplenty today.
Most of it is for the last days, still to come; before the Return of Jesus. Saying it isn't, is purely your opinion, as you cannot foresee the future.
This would be your opinion Keras...but when you go at scripture according to Isaiah 28:9-10, one can get there.
Yes I do deny that. Note how Ezekiel 12:10-16 does apply to the Bab. conquest and a few Jews are left in the Land. But Ezekiel 12:17-20 says the Land will be a waste and empty, towns deserted. This remains to happen, confirmed by Jeremiah 10:18, Ezekiel 21:1-8, Amos 2:4-5
This is pure error because of Ezekiel 12:19...please read that.

* Jerusalem laid waste 70 years after the Babylonian Captivity. This is clearly what Daniel prayed about in Daniel 9.

* Ezekiel was taken captive BEFORE Jerusalem fell to Nebuchadnezzar. Ezekiel is among the first exiles with Jehoiachin in 2 Kings 24:10-14. Your history is bad as Ezekiel tells us he was among those exiles...Ezekiel 1:1. Jerusalem was not destroyed and laid waste until it was destroyed under Zedekiah by Nebuchadnezzar.

The prophecies of Ezekiel, Jeremiah and Amos are about the same thing.

*Amos tells us Uzziah was King when God called him...so we know this is before Nebucahdnezzar.

*Jeremiah tells us Josiah was King when God called him and he was there when Jerusalem was finally destroyed.

*Ezekiel tells us he was among the exiles...he doesn't even mention a king...but he tells us Jerusalem/Judah will fall.

Bad biblical history seems to leads to bad prophecy. I know. At one time a long while back I was thinking Ezekiel was taken when Israel was taken. I had to admit I was wrong by reading scripture.

I hope you won't be offended, but I'm telling you your error starts with not allowing scripture to tell you what's going on...OR...failing to acknowledge what scripture tells you.

God said the land would lay waste and fulfill it's sabbath rests. Read 2 Chronicles 36:15-21.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,369.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
No. The Jews never lost the Kingdom, they are part of it. What they lost was their place as God's chosen people since they broke the covenant of Mt Sinai. Jesus institutes a New Covenant
You simply ignore the Words of Matthew 21:43.
But: yes, Jews have the same chance as anyone to become part of Jesus New Covenant - just believe in Him. Sadly most don't and as prophesied, only a remnant will be saved.
Here's where you have the problem. What you are calling "cosmic events" you obviously regard them to be literal.
What is clearly and specifically detailed in the prophesies, of earthly and cosmic events, have mostly not yet occurred. many are repeated in the NT, like Acts 2:19 and 2 Peter 3:7. Revelation, from Rev 6:12 onward, awaits fulfilment. If they can be literally fulfilled, they will be.
Why not? Is your view that we don't have a future? The world will just keep on like it is forever?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In Matthew chapter 21 we find those who reject the Son who is the "heir" to the land.
They reject Him as the "chief cornerstone".

In 1 Peter 2:4-10 we find those who accept the "chief cornerstone".

Throughout the Old Testament genealogy is a key factor because the bloodline had to continue until the seed of the woman from Genesis 3:15 was produced.

That seed is found in the first verse of the New Testament.

Mat 1:1  The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham:

Based on Matthew 3:9 and 1 Timothy 1:4, genealogy ceases to be a factor in the New Covenant, after the Seed is produced. Any Christian today who says... "They are God's chosen people." are doing what John the Baptist told his people they were not to do.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No. I don't ignore it, I acknowledge it Keras. Jesus is the Kingdom. Once again you don't hold context. Let's look at all of your passage, which would be Matthew 21:42-46:
42 Jesus *said to them, “Did you never read in the Scriptures,
‘The stone which the builders rejected
, This became the chief corner stone; This came about from the Lord, And it is marvelous in our eyes’?
43 Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, producing the fruit of it.
44 And he who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust.”
45 When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard His parables, they understood that He was speaking about them.
46 When they sought to seize Him, they feared the people, because they considered Him to be a prophet.

Do you see it Keras? It is Jesus that is the kingdom. Once again, "He came to His own an those who were His own did not receive Him"!
But: yes, Jews have the same chance as anyone to become part of Jesus New Covenant - just believe in Him. Sadly most don't and as prophesied, only a remnant will be saved.

This doesn't mean all of Israel rejected Christ. Israel was a kingdom not THE KINGDOM.
What is clearly and specifically detailed in the prophesies, of earthly and cosmic events, have mostly not yet occurred. many are repeated in the NT, like Acts 2:19 and 2 Peter 3:7. Revelation, from Rev 6:12 onward, awaits fulfilment. If they can be literally fulfilled, they will be.
Why not? Is your view that we don't have a future? The world will just keep on like it is forever?
Once again context is determinant Keras! For instance, Zechariah prophesied of God bringing "a third part through the fire"...is that a literal fire...OR...is it the trials that third part would go through due to their faith in God?

In each case one has to read the prophecy. Peter said himself in Acts 2:19 Joel's prophecy was being fulfilled.

OTOH, Peter is speaking of the THE FIRE OF JUDGEMENT in 2 Peter 3:7. Why do you think Jesus' eyes are A FLAME OF FIRE when He comes in Revelation 19:12?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,369.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
OTOH, Peter is speaking of the THE FIRE OF JUDGEMENT in 2 Peter 3:7. Why do you think Jesus' eyes are A FLAME OF FIRE when He comes in Revelation 19:12?
Peter speaks about the literal fire that the Lord will use on His Day of wrath. Prophesied as fire over 70 times.
Rev 19:12 is figurative.
In each case one has to read the prophecy. Peter said himself in Acts 2:19 Joel's prophecy was being fulfilled.
Obviously Joel 2:28-29 was just a partial fulfilment. Proved by the surrounding verses having never happened yet.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Peter speaks about the literal fire that the Lord will use on His Day of wrath. Prophesied as fire over 70 times.
Rev 19:12 is figurative.
No. Once again look at context Keras. Right in his statement Peter tells you this is judgment...2 Peter 3:7:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

It's judgement Keras...and Jesus is the judge...that's why His eyes are metaphorically described as "a flame of fire".

Obviously Joel 2:28-29 was just a partial fulfilment. Proved by the surrounding verses having never happened yet.
I believe it's fulfilled then and still ongoing as God is still pouring out His Spirit. I equally believe "the last days" to be those of the destruction of Jerusalem as Jesus judges Israel and disperses the Jews. He stated as much in Matthew 24...but I still study on that.

Upvote 0