Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The tag "replacement theology" is applied to those who *think* the church replaced Israel, which is erroneous and no where stated in the scriptures.

The truth of the matter is that the physical nation of nation Israel is not in the picture at all anymore. Neither are the 12 tribes of Israel in the picture anymore.

Paul labors to make this point in Romans but because of bad theology and eschatology, this is an issue that causes schism in the church.

It is Paul who clearly states that in Christ God made Israel and the church ONE...Ephesians 2:14.

It is Paul that tells us in Romans 9:6 that "they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel".

That statement stands on it own!

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is those who teach "Separation Theology", ie; the notion that True Biblical Israel must be counted through the unfaithful, Christ Rejectors, while the Faithful Remnant Israel, the Nazarene Sect of whom Paul was a ringleader, is not to be counted as true Biblical Israel, who have it entirely Backwards.

In their Separation Theology fantasy World of opposites, Up is Down, Black is White, Sky is Yellow, Sun is Blue, and Faithful remnant Israel is NOT True Biblical Israel.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Jews are still His chosen people and always will be, despite their first rejection of Christ.

This is EXACTLY like claiming that the Unfaithful, Disobedient Jews who were slain in the Wilderness during the 40 years with Moses were God's Chosen People, while the Faithful, Obedient Remnant that Lived to enter the Promised land were NOT God's Chosen People...

Up is Down, Black is white.....

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Ebed and Parousia, you correctly state that the true Israel of God are Christians; every individual believer in God, who has accepted the atoning sacrifice of Jesus and keeps the Commandments.
It is only those who have been deceived by the false 'rapture to heaven' idea, that must have a separate 'Church' and 'Israel'. Church; as the established organization and Israel; as the State of Israel.

For those who think going to heaven would be nice, I suggest you try to read the prophesies with the view that we Christians are Israel now and we will inherit the blessings God has promised to His people. Galatians 3:9

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
This reasoning is without merit and is one of the avenues that leads down the road to heretical teachings, for example, British Israelism/Armstrongism.
You can't just explain away Revelation 7:4-8 . These are tribes of Israel with Jewish names, not tribes of gentiles or "spiritually Jewish gentiles".

I'll see your "up is down, black is white" and raise you a "Jew is gentile, Israel is Church".

The only ones that have things "backwards"(or to put it more accurately, "incorrect"), are those who promote this nonsense that the Church replaced Israel. It invalidates a whole host of unfulfilled OT prophecies and destroys the hermeneutical consistency within the OT itself and between both OT and NT.

• Winner
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You can't just explain away Revelation 7:4-8 . These are tribes of Israel with Jewish names, not tribes of gentiles or "spiritually Jewish gentiles".
You are seriously confused; Judah, the Jewish people are descendants of just two sons of Jacob. The other ten tribes remain scattered among the nations.
1 Peter 1:1 and James 1:1 plus Josephus knew where they were, but as God wants it to be; they are lost to our history.
The Bible explains in many prophesies how God will gather His people, every true Christian into the holy Land and they will be assigned into a tribe according to each individuals characteristics. Isaiah 66:18-21 is the best one. ....some I shall take for My priests and My Levites.
those who promote this nonsense that the Church replaced Israel.
So Paul is wrong when he says: So if you belong to Christ, you are a child of Abraham and an heir to God's promises.
No, Ww, you are stuck on the rapture theory, that must have a separate Church and Israel and many scholars have written plenty in their attempts to maintain that separation, but the truth is that Jesus came to remove the 'wall of separation', Ephesians 2:14-16
We Christians are the Israel of God. Galatians 6:16 And if you could see it, God has amazing plans to bless His people - on earth, in the last days.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
You are seriously confused; Judah, the Jewish people are descendants of just two sons of Jacob. The other ten tribes remain scattered among the nations.
1 Peter 1:1 and James 1:1 plus Josephus knew where they were, but as God wants it to be; they are lost to our history.
The Bible explains in many prophesies how God will gather His people, every true Christian into the holy Land and they will be assigned into a tribe according to each individuals characteristics. Isaiah 66:18-21 is the best one. ....some I shall take for My priests and My Levites.

So Paul is wrong when he says: So if you belong to Christ, you are a child of Abraham and an heir to God's promises.
No, Ww, you are stuck on the rapture theory, that must have a separate Church and Israel and many scholars have written plenty in their attempts to maintain that separation, but the truth is that Jesus came to remove the 'wall of separation', Ephesians 2:14-16
We Christians are the Israel of God. Galatians 6:16 And if you could see it, God has amazing plans to bless His people - on earth, in the last days.

Who said anything about the rapture? We're not talking about the rapture, we're talking about this heretical theology that arose from the Alexandrian school of thought where "spiritualizing" the Scriptures gave rise to a lot of nonsense.

Paul isn't the one who is wrong. If you looked at the Scripture you quoted, you would notice it says Abraham and not Jacob, which is an important detail in light of Luke 16:22-25 . Had you bothered with studying the genealogies of the Bible, you would understand the significance of his use of the name of Abraham instead of Jacob considering Jacob is his grandson, which means Abraham has both Jews and gentiles descended from him. Through the Jews, God made salvation possible for both Jew & gentile as opposed to making all believers Jews.

Not a single Scripture you quoted/mentioned even remotely hints at gentile Christians becoming assigned to one of the 12 tribes of Israel. If that were the case, there wouldn't be any need for the Churches and Christ would be without a bride and/or God would need a divorce(which makes as much sense as trying to drive a car without any wheels on it).

• Winner
Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
This is EXACTLY like claiming that the Unfaithful, Disobedient Jews who were slain in the Wilderness during the 40 years with Moses were God's Chosen People, while the Faithful, Obedient Remnant that Lived to enter the Promised land were NOT God's Chosen People...

Up is Down, Black is white.....

And nonsense is nonsense.....
Jews can choose to deny Christ as well as the Scythian, Greek, or any other gentile. Salvation or a lack of is not dependent on what race you are, nor does it change your race whether dead or alive.

The horrible misinterpreting of the Scriptures the way Replacement Theology does tends to give rise to anti-Semitism. I'm surprised Replacement Theology is even an accepted form of Christian Theology to discuss here. It's nothing short of heretical.

It's like saying there is no millennium and that things are going to get better gradually, despite what it plainly says in the Bible.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe in Replacement Theology but I don't believe that the Church is made up of 2000 yrs. of believers either.

The Church, the Body of Christ, is made up of those before the cross who were waiting for their Redeemer to come and those on this side of the cross who know their Redeemer did come.

Christ was in the beginning in the Garden, He knew Abraham, Job knew Him as his Redeemer who would walk the earth someday, He was the Rock that followed the mixed multitude in the wilderness, Moses and all the prophets testified of Him, David said "the Lord said to my Lord, Sit at my right hand...".

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Who said anything about the rapture? We're not talking about the rapture
It is people who believe in a rapture to heaven who vehemently oppose the truth of the Christian church being the Israel of God. Do you believe in a pre-trib rapture?
spiritualizing" the Scriptures gave rise to a lot of nonsense.
Please point out where I have 'spiritualized any scripture. I believe in a literal fulfilment [excepting allegories] of the end time prophesies.
Paul isn't the one who is wrong. If you looked at the Scripture you quoted, you would notice it says Abraham and not Jacob,
Who anyone's ancestors were, is of no consequence since Jesus came and removed the barrier of ethnicity Ephesians 2:14-16, Revelation 5:9-10
Not a single Scripture you quoted/mentioned even remotely hints at gentile Christians becoming assigned to one of the 12 tribes of Israel.
Are you incapable of reading Isaiah 66:21?
The horrible misinterpreting of the Scriptures the way Replacement Theology does tends to give rise to anti-Semitism
This is a very disgusting accusation. You display a hatred as bad as anti-Semitism, against your fellow Christians because we have different views of what God has planned for the end times.
What the Bible tells us, is that Christians have become 'branches of the olive tree' in place of the original branches, that are now broken off because of their rejection of Jesus. Romans 11:13-24 So it is replacement in that sense, but really more of an opening up of salvation to all who will accept it, to people of every nation, including Jews. Proved by Revelation 5:9-10

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you incapable of reading Isaiah 66:21?
Paul seems to see his mission as that spoken of in Isaiah 66:20-21.

Rom 15:15 and the more boldly I did write to you, brethren, in part, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me by God,
Rom 15:16 for my being a servant of Jesus Christ to the nations, acting as priest in the good news of God, that the offering up of the nations may become acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Paul, a Jew, bringing an offering from the nations to Yehovah.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The horrible misinterpreting of the Scriptures the way Replacement Theology does tends to give rise to anti-Semitism. I'm surprised Replacement Theology is even an accepted form of Christian Theology to discuss here. It's nothing short of heretical.
Only in those who are proud and arrogant and see themselves as a replacement rather than being grateful that they are being accepted by God at all.
If God says the Jew is my brother, even by adoption, how can I hate the Jew?

• Agree
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And nonsense is nonsense.....

Explain why. Can you offer anything more detailed besides "neener neener neener"?

Jews can choose to deny Christ as well as the Scythian, Greek, or any other gentile. Salvation or a lack of is not dependent on what race you are, nor does it change your race whether dead or alive.

So far so good, except in your "Separation Theology" The Jews who Reject the Prophet are still somehow "chosen" and "Included" as opposed to rejected and Cut off - Scripture however, teaches EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. Just as Moses had His JEWISH Church made up of the Faithful Remnant (Acts 7:38), and that Faithful Remnant CHURCH were the Chosen ones of Israel through which ISRAEL CONTINUED, while the rest who rejected the prophet were cut off from among the People, Jesus Too had His JEWISH CHURCH of the Faithful Remnant (Acts 2:47) who were the CHOSEN ONES OF ISRAEL, through which ISRAEL continues...

Your insistence that Israel continues NOT through the Faithful Remnant but rather through the Disobedient ones scripture says were cut off, Is remarkable in its complete departure from Apostolic teaching.

That is a red herring and you know it.
Again, it's the "Separation theology" that you champion that gives rise to anti semitism.
It is actually your stated position that logically fosters "Jew"-hatred. Here are some verses that show this to be true:

And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the Great City which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified. (Rev. 11:8)

This verse designates Jerusalem as "Sodom and Egypt" because it was in Jerusalem that the Lord Jesus was crucified. If we are to say this verse refers to a time in our future and is not yet fulfilled, then we must also say that Jerusalem remains the spiritual "Sodom and Egypt" to this very day because of its Messianic blood-guilt, and that it must remain so indicted until the Judgment of Rev. 11:13-19 is fulfilled sometime in our future. This conclusion is inescapable for those who hold your posoition.

And if Rev. 11:13-19 is yet unfulfilled, this logically implies that Paul's indictment against Jews must also remain intact to this very day, specifically, that "the Jews [who "killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets"] ...are ...hostile to all men" and that "they always fill up the measure of their sins." (I Thess. 2:14-16)

This "Separation Theology" that you espouse logically produces a very dangerous ambiguity and ambivalence toward modern-day "Jews" in that, on the one hand, they are in some sense "God's chosen people," while on the other hand they MUST remain a blood-guilty race of enemies (Rom. 11:28) who are opposed to all men, and whose metropolis is "Egypt" and "Sodom" until Revelation 11 is fulfilled. This is the hateful fruit of your "Separation Theology"...and that is completely aside from the FACT that your position calls for the eventual VIOLENT EXTERMINATION of 2/3 of the Jewish people sometime in our "near" future.... Even the most Infamous of Anti Semites couldn't even DREAM of such a wildly successful rate of Jewish extermination that your position champions and claims is "coming soon"....

I categorically Reject it, and I'm surprised it is even an accepted form of Christian Theology to discuss here. It's nothing short of heretical.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The truth of ‘born again’ Christians being the only People of God is summed up in a single sentence: Christ called a people together made up of Jews and Gentiles which would be one, not according to the flesh, but in the Spirit, and they would be the new people of God.
Jesus Christ has made his followers into the whole People of God. The ministry of Jesus was to bring into existence a renewed people, in continuity with the Israel of old. Paul calls this new community ‘the Israel of God’. Galatians 6:16

Jesus symbolized his intention to do this by choosing the Twelve, Matthew 10:1-8, as representatives of the twelve tribes of Israel and as the foundation members of a renewed and mission minded community. Just as the Covenant on Sinai was the center of Old Testament religion, so Jesus made the new Covenant in his blood the center of the religion of the Christian People of God. The accounts of the New Covenant in the blood of Jesus, as expressed in his action and words with the cup of wine at the Last Supper, are parallel to those which tell of the making of the Sinai Covenant in Exodus 24:8

Christ instituted this new Covenant in his blood and He called a people together made up from people of every tribe, race, nation and language, Revelation 5:9-10, who would be one, not according to the flesh, but in the Spirit, and they are now the Christian people of God.
This new People of God are bonded together by the sacrifice of the life of Jesus and the gift of his Spirit dwelling in their hearts, re-creating, directing, activating and motivating them from within. Paul’s letter to Titus speaks clearly of the influence of the Holy Spirit given at the rite of baptism, the first sacrament of Christian initiation: From the goodness and loving kindness of God; our Saviour appeared and He saved us, not because of any works of righteousness that we had done, but according to His mercy, through rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit. This Spirit he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Saviour, so that, having been justified by his grace, we would become heirs according to the hope of eternal life, Titus 3:5-7

The clearest expression of the identity of the People of God of the New Covenant is found in the Exodus imagery of 1 Peter 2:9-10 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s own people, in order that you may proclaim the mighty acts of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Romans 9:24-25 We [Christians] are the recipients of God’s mercy, whom He has called from among the Jews and Gentiles, as Hosea says: Those who were not My people, I will call My people…..sons of the Living God.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This reasoning is without merit and is one of the avenues that leads down the road to heretical teachings, for example, British Israelism/Armstrongism.

I'll see your "up is down, black is white" and raise you a "Jew is gentile, Israel is Church".

The only ones that have things "backwards"(or to put it more accurately, "incorrect"), are those who promote this nonsense that the Church replaced Israel. It invalidates a whole host of unfulfilled OT prophecies and destroys the hermeneutical consistency within the OT itself and between both OT and NT.

Go to the modern nation of Israel and ask those now living there which of the 12 tribes they belong to.
You will mainly get a blank stare.

Remember that the Book of Revelation is a book of symbols.
The Lamb is Christ and the dragon is Satan.
Based on Revelation 1:20, the lampstands are a symbol of the churches.

The 10 northern tribes were taken away long before the time of Christ.
Those tribes no longer exist in their ancient, pure form.
The 144,000 are described as "firstfruits" of the Lamb. Paul uses the same language to describe Christians in Romans 16:5.
We should also ask if the 12 Apostles represent the original 12 tribes of Israel? We know these 12 are part of the New Jerusalem.

Rev_21:12  Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Rev_21:14  Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Israel and the Church cannot be separated based on the New Covenant found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13, and found specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:18-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 66:18b-21 is the prophecy that proves ethnicity no longer has any place among the Lord's people:
v18b I am coming to gather people of every language, they will come and behold My glory. All true Christians, Israel isn't mentioned, His believers will see His glory. 2 Thessalonians 1:10
v19 I will set a sign among them.....send them to the nations to declare My glory and proclaim the coming Kingdom. The 144,000, Revelation 14:1-7
v20 The great Exodus of the Christian peoples to migrate to all of the holy Land, where the Lord will bless and prosper them. Psalms 107, Isaiah 35:1-10, Jeremiah 32:44, Ezekiel 34:11-31, Romans 9:24-26
v21 Some I shall take for My priests and Levites. This proves how God will assign His people into each of the 12 tribes.

Upvote 0

AJTruth

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
winter haven fl
✟22,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Paul ends Romans chapter 10: Quoting Isaiah 53 describing the nation of Israel as "a disobedient and contrary people."

Rom 10:
19 I say Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.
(PROVOKE ISRAEL TO ANGER VIA AN OPENED DOOR TO THE ONCE UNGODLY GENTILES)

20 Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
(AGAIN GOD IS GOING TO USE GENTILES. TO BRING ISRAEL TO TOTAL REPENTANCE & COMPLETE RESTORATION & SALVATION)

Chapter 11 parsed:
Chapter 11 starts by giving many examples showing inspite of Isaels rebellion. God "HAS NOT" totally rejected His people

1) To understand how God """HAS NOT""" totally rejected His people of Israel

2) To understand Paul's summary conclusion for this section (Chs. 9-11)

Rom 11:1-6
1 (A) I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid.
(HAS GOD CAST ISRAEL AWAY? """NO""")

2 God """hath not""" cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
(GOD "HATH NOT" CAST AWAY THE ISRAELITES)

4 God said unto him? I have reserved to myself 7000 men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
(SEE 1 KINGS 19:18 Yet I have left me 7000 in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal. THESE 7000 are a REMNANT)

5 Even so at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
(TODAY JUST AS IN THE TIME OF Baal. GOD HAS FOR HIMSELF KEPT/SAVED A REMNANT OF ISRAELITES)

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
(GOD'S GRACE IS STILL ON A SAVED REMNANT OF HIS PEOPLE. NOW JUMP AHEAD AND READ VERSE 27)

RIGHT NOW FOR A SEASON:
8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

9 David saith, Let their table be made a snare, a trap, a stumblingblock unto them:

10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

SEE HERE WHY GOD HAS GIVEN ISREAL A SPIRIT OF SLUMBER & TEMPORARILY DARKENDED THEIR UNDERSTANDIND)
11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
(THUU ISRAELS TEMPORARY FALL. SLAVATION HAS COME TO THE GENTILES. TO PROVOKE THE ISRAELITES TO JEALOUSY)

12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
(IN DUE SEASON/TIME THE HOLY SPIRIT SAY'S; HOW MUCH MORE WILL THIS BE TO ISRAELS FULNESS)

24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
(GOD HAS TEMPORARILY BLINDED ISRAELS UNDERSTANDIND UNTIL THE FULNESS OF THE GENTILE TIME HAS COME. ALSO SEE LUKE 21:24)

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
(WHEN THE GENTILE TIME IS COMPLETED. GOD'S CHOSEN PEOPLE JACOB/ISRAEL WILL BE COMPLETLY RESTORED)

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
(TOTAL RESTORATION & SALVATION AWAITS GOD'S CHOSEN PEOPLE JACOB/ISRAEL. also see Jer 31:31-33 & Heb10:16)

This notion that God has left and/or given up on his Chosen People. Is unscriptural & completly ridiculous!

THE CONTEXT OF ROMANS 11 IS """ISRAEL"""

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
(CONTEXT HERE AGAIN: """"ISREAL"""" AND THEY ARE BELOVED BY GOD)

29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
(HE CALLED THEM & WILL NEVER CHANDE HIS MIND ABOUT THEM. NOW REREAD VERSE 27)

30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
(SALVATION IS OFFERED TO GENTILES BECAUSE OF ISRAELS CURRENT & TEMPORARY REJECTION)

31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
(AGAIN THE CONTEXT HERE IS """ISRAEL""")

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
(GOD HAS TEMPORARILY CONCLUDED ALL """ISRAEL""" IN UNBELIEF. SO GENTILES CAN BE GRAFFTED IN)

THE CONTEXT OF ROMANS 11 IS """ISRAEL"""

33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

This notion that God has left and/or given up on his Chosen People. Is unscriptural & completly ridiculous!

Some Old Testament History:

Hos 2:19 And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.
(THE LORD SAYS, HE WILL BETROTH ISRAEL FOREVER IN LOVE & MERCY)

Jer 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:
(THE LORD PROCLAIMS; HE IS MARRIED TO ISRAEL)

Ezekiel 18:
8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine.
(THE LORD SWARES A COVENANT WITH ISRAEL)

9 Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.

10 I clothed thee also with broidered work, and shod thee with badgers' skin, and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I covered thee with silk.

11 I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck.

12 And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head.

Isaiah 54:
1 Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.

4 Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.

5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
(ISRAEL, THY MAKER IS THINE HUSBAND)

6 For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.

7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.

Jer 31:
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
(also see Hebrews 10:16)

Even though Israel proved to be an unfaithful wife. God has promised to remain faithful to her in His relationship as husband.

Upvote 0