Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Go to the modern nation of Israel and ask those now living there which of the 12 tribes they belong to.
You will mainly get a blank stare.
Those tribes no longer exist in their ancient, pure form.
And obviously you have this festering doubt of God being quite capable of resolving this issue through the two witnesses.
Despite your belief, they do still exist. They may not be 100% pure (insert tribe name) by modern genetic standards, but the descendants of these tribes are alive and well today.

Remember that the Book of Revelation is a book of symbols.
The Lamb is Christ and the dragon is Satan.
Based on Revelation 1:20, the lampstands are a symbol of the churches.
And the book of Revelation uses literal descriptions as well. If you're unable to distinguish between symbolic & literal in a context, you end up with a mess.
Revelation 1:20 and the proceeding chapters should clue you in that there is an obvious distinction between the Church and Israel and that it makes absolutely no sense to be flip flopping back and forth between the two unless, as I said before, they are distinct from one another.

The 144,000 are described as "firstfruits" of the Lamb. Paul uses the same language to describe Christians in Romans 16:5.
Rom. 16:5 "Greet my beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia to Christ.
I Cor. 16:15 "...you know the household of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia,..."
And had you bothered to read those verses in context, it should've been blatantly obvious that it was referring to the fact that they were the first converts of many more yet to come later on in that particular region. Notice the lack of its application to the other converts mentioned in the same chapters, yet you conveniently dismiss this.

We should also ask if the 12 Apostles represent the original 12 tribes of Israel? We know these 12 are part of the New Jerusalem.

Rev_21:12  Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Rev_21:14  Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
Did someone forget about
Revelation 4:4? "Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads."
12 + 12 = 24. Oh, and look, they're wearing crowns, and its not referring to a bald pate! So obviously we have a group here that has already been judged/rewarded for their works, and there's only one time this happens. 2 Corinthians 5:10 , try looking up the topic Bema seat of Christ.

Revelation 21:12 & 14 should have clued you in that they are not the same, see above red/orange highlights in your quoted post. Both groups are part of the New Jerusalem, but the Church and Israel are still distinct.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Both groups are part of the New Jerusalem, but the Church and Israel are still distinct.
The separation of Israel and Church, conflicts with many scriptures and is contrary to Jesus' ministry. He came to offer salvation to ALL. John 3:16 Many Jews did accept Jesus and many do today, but those who don't are simply in the category of every other godless person.

The New Testament teaching is undeniable; there is only one people of God, John 17:22-23, 1 Cor. 1:13, Galatians 3:26-29, Ephesians 4:4-6, Romans 2:1 and others. We Christians are the inheritors of God's promises to His true believers, now people of any ethnicity, all bought by Jesus' blood. 1 Peter 2:9-10 Revelation 5:9-10
Those who think that the people in the State of Israel will receive a special pardon are very mistaken. Luke 19:27, Isaiah 22:14, Ezekiel 21:1-7

Upvote 0

AJTruth

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
winter haven fl
✟22,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And obviously you have this festering doubt of God being quite capable of resolving this issue through the two witnesses.
Despite your belief, they do still exist. They may not be 100% pure (insert tribe name) by modern genetic standards, but the descendants of these tribes are alive and well today.

And the book of Revelation uses literal descriptions as well. If you're unable to distinguish between symbolic & literal in a context, you end up with a mess.
Revelation 1:20 and the proceeding chapters should clue you in that there is an obvious distinction between the Church and Israel and that it makes absolutely no sense to be flip flopping back and forth between the two unless, as I said before, they are distinct from one another.

Rom. 16:5 "Greet my beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia to Christ.
I Cor. 16:15 "...you know the household of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia,..."
And had you bothered to read those verses in context, it should've been blatantly obvious that it was referring to the fact that they were the first converts of many more yet to come later on in that particular region. Notice the lack of its application to the other converts mentioned in the same chapters, yet you conveniently dismiss this.

Did someone forget about
Revelation 4:4? "Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads."
12 + 12 = 24. Oh, and look, they're wearing crowns, and its not referring to a bald pate! So obviously we have a group here that has already been judged/rewarded for their works, and there's only one time this happens. 2 Corinthians 5:10 , try looking up the topic Bema seat of Christ.

Revelation 21:12 & 14 should have clued you in that they are not the same, see above red/orange highlights in your quoted post. Both groups are part of the New Jerusalem, but the Church and Israel are still distinct.

Three Resurrection Orders "Soul Harvests"

Three pilgrimage Harvest Feasts:

There is only 1 resurrection of the lost (all unbelievers) this is called the 2nd death. It takes place at the end of time. The White Throne Judgment (Rev 20:11)

The resurrections of believers:
1 Cor 15:23
23 Every man in his own ""order"" Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Jesus is the 1st & brings a firstfruit offering with him HERE:

Matt 27:52 The graves were opened; & ""many bodies"" of the saints which slept arose,

53 Came out of the graves ""after his resurrection"" They went into the holy city, and appeared unto many

( So, Jesus was resurrected 1st. He brings "many", I'm guessing ALL the Old Testament patriarchs. We see 24 elders placing crowns at Jesus feet in (Rev 4:4) before His 2nd coming. (Passover, 1st resurrected "Soul Harvest" group seen here)

1 Thess 4:16 & 17
(We see the church & the remaining Old Testament believers still in Abrahams Bosom caught
up
(Pentecost, 2nd resurrected "Soul Harvest" group seen here)

Final group:
1) All the believers that die during the tribulation.

2) All believers that are alive & at the end of the 1000 yr millennial reign.
(Tabernacles, 3rd resurrected "Soul Harvest" group seen here. Although, this is the 3rd group. ALL are part of the 1st resurrection)

Group 1 First Fruits: Matt 27:52) Already Happen!

Group 2 Main Harvest Pentecost (Early Rains) 1 Thes 4:16-17 & 2 Cor 5:10 Catching -up of the Church

Group 3 Gleanings (Isa 17:5-6 & Jer 6:9) Tabernacles (Latter Rains) Remaining believing Jews. Maranatha

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Even though Israel proved to be an unfaithful wife. God has promised to remain faithful to her in His relationship as husband.
The fact you miss, is how all the prophets carefully keep the House of Judah and the House of Israel, separate.
Judah, the Jewish people have usurped the name of Israel, but they are just 2 of the 12 tribes. Proved by their numbers; about 7 million in the Land and another 7 outside. Israel is as many as the sands of the sea; uncountable population, still scattered among the nations. God knows who they all are, Amos 9:9

The determination of rapture believers to maintain the tenet of Two People Two Promises, is a lie upon a lie. We would all love to have our Jewish brothers into the Christian fold, but the Bible prophets do not indicate this will happen.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
(GOD HAS TEMPORARILY BLINDED ISRAELS UNDERSTANDIND UNTIL THE FULNESS OF THE GENTILE TIME HAS COME. ALSO SEE LUKE 21:24)

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
(WHEN THE GENTILE TIME IS COMPLETED. GOD'S CHOSEN PEOPLE JACOB/ISRAEL WILL BE COMPLETLY RESTORED)

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
(TOTAL RESTORATION & SALVATION AWAITS GOD'S CHOSEN PEOPLE JACOB/ISRAEL. also see Jer 31:31-33 & Heb10:16)

My comments here will be in bold, blue text.

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
(GOD HAS TEMPORARILY BLINDED ISRAELS UNDERSTANDIND UNTIL THE FULNESS OF THE GENTILE TIME HAS COME. ALSO SEE LUKE 21:24)
You are claiming that all Israelites have been "partially blinded".
If this were true none of them could have seen the truth, like Paul did.
Rather, part of the Israelites were blinded and part of the Israelites were not blinded.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
(WHEN THE GENTILE TIME IS COMPLETED. GOD'S CHOSEN PEOPLE JACOB/ISRAEL WILL BE COMPLETLY RESTORED)
Based on Luke 21:24-28, the times of the Gentiles ends at the Second Coming of Christ.

(TOTAL RESTORATION & SALVATION AWAITS GOD'S CHOSEN PEOPLE JACOB/ISRAEL. also see Jer 31:31-33 & Heb10:16
You seem to be claiming that the New Covenant found in Jeremiah 31:31-34 will be fulfilled at some point in the future and is not in effect now.

You have to completely ignore Matthew 26:28, and Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 12:18-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8 in order to make the idea work.

The exact text from Jeremiah 31:31-34 is quoted in Hebrews 8:6-13 and is bracketed at the beginning and end of the passage with verses making it clear the New Covenant was in effect during the first century.

The Covenant in Romans 11:27 was fulfilled when Christ took away the sins of all races of people, on a wooden Cross about 2,000 years ago.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Three Resurrection Orders "Soul Harvests"....

The separation of Israel and Church, conflicts with many scriptures....

You two obviously didn't read a single word or just refuse to. Between pulling stuff out of context, plugging your own words in, and ignoring the rest of the Scripture, its no wonder you're buying wholesale into that train wreck theology which lumps Israel & Church together. Hello? This isn't an issue about salvation, its an issue about wrecking the consistency of Bible prophecy and distinctive identities of Israel and the Church.

Enjoy the rest of your debate. :expressionless:

Upvote 0

AJTruth

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
winter haven fl
✟22,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The fact you miss, is how all the prophets carefully keep the House of Judah and the House of Israel, separate.
Judah, the Jewish people have usurped the name of Israel, but they are just 2 of the 12 tribes. Proved by their numbers; about 7 million in the Land and another 7 outside. Israel is as many as the sands of the sea; uncountable population, still scattered among the nations. God knows who they all are, Amos 9:9

The determination of rapture believers to maintain the tenet of Two People Two Promises, is a lie upon a lie. We would all love to have our Jewish brothers into the Christian fold, but the Bible prophets do not indicate this will happen.

Paul ends Romans chapter 10: Quoting Isaiah 53 describing the nation of Israel as "a disobedient and contrary people."

Rom 10:
19 I say Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.
(PROVOKE ISRAEL TO ANGER VIA AN OPENED DOOR TO THE ONCE GODLY GENTILES)

20 Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
(AGAIN GOD IS GOING TO USE GENTILES. TO BRING ISRAEL TO TOTAL REPENTANCE & COMPLETE RESTORATION & SALVATION)

Chapter 11 parsed:
Chapter 11 starts by giving many examples showing in spite of Israel's rebellion. God "HAS NOT" totally rejected His people

1) To understand how God """HAS NOT""" totally rejected His people of Israel

2) To understand Paul's summary conclusion for this section (Chs. 9-11)

Rom 11:1-6
1 (A) I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid.
(HAS GOD CAST ISRAEL AWAY? """NO""")

2 God """hath not""" cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
(GOD "HATH NOT" CAST AWAY THE ISRAELITES)

4 God said unto him? I have reserved to myself 7000 men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
(SEE 1 KINGS 19:18 Yet I have left me 7000 in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal. THESE 7000 are a REMNANT)

5 Even so at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
(TODAY JUST AS IN THE TIME OF Baal. GOD HAS FOR HIMSELF KEPT/SAVED A REMNANT OF ISRAELITES)

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
(GOD'S GRACE IS STILL ON A SAVED REMNANT OF HIS PEOPLE. NOW JUMP AHEAD AND READ VERSE 27)

RIGHT NOW FOR A SEASON:
8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

9 David saith, Let their table be made a snare, a trap, a stumblingblock unto them:

10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

SEE HERE WHY GOD HAS GIVEN ISREAL A SPIRIT OF SLUMBER & TEMPORARILY DARKENDED THEIR UNDERSTANDIND)

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
(THUU ISRAELS TEMPORARY FALL. SLAVATION HAS COME TO THE GENTILES. TO PROVOKE THE ISRAELITES TO JEALOUSY)

12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
(IN DUE SEASON/TIME THE HOLY SPIRIT SAY'S; HOW MUCH MORE WILL THIS BE TO ISRAELS FULNESS)

24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

(TOTAL RESTORATION & SALVATION AWAITS GOD'S CHOSEN PEOPLE JACOB/ISRAEL. also see Jer 31:31-33 & Heb10:16)

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
(CONTEXT HERE AGAIN: """"ISREAL"""" AND THEY ARE BELOVED BY GOD)

29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
(HE CALLED THEM & WILL NEVER CHANDE HIS MIND ABOUT THEM. NOW REREAD VERSE 27)

30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
(SALVATION IS OFFERED TO GENTILES BECAUSE OF ISRAELS CURRENT & TEMPORARY REJECTION)

31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
(AGAIN THE CONTEXT HERE IS """ISRAEL""")

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
(GOD HAS TEMPORARILY CONCLUDED ALL """ISRAEL""" IN UNBELIEF. SO GENTILES CAN BE GRAFFTED IN)

This notion that God has left and/or given up on his Chosen People. Is unscriptural & completly ridiculous!

Acts 15:
14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
(After this: """AFTER WHAT?""" After God is finished His gentile outreach. Which culminates at the rapture. God will then return all focus on the Nation of Israel's restoration)

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Paul ends Romans chapter 10: Quoting Isaiah 53 describing the nation of Israel as "a disobedient and contrary people."
This is correct, The House of Israel, now the nominally Christian Western nations, is generally disobedient. We are in for a sudden and severe correction. 2 Peter 3:7
But what will happen to the apostate, atheistic and LGBT Jews, is well prophesied and only a remnant will be saved. Isaiah 4:3-4

Your beliefs are contrary to New Testament teaching, where Jesus offers salvation to all and those who reject it, Jews or any other person, will be judged and punished. Hebrews 10:27

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the proceeding chapters should clue you in that there is an obvious distinction between the Church and Israel

Israel and the Church cannot be separated in the New Covenant promise found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13, and specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:18-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8.

On the day of Pentecost Peter addressed the crowd as "men of Judea", then as "men of Israel" and in Acts 2:36 as "all the house of Israel". On that day about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the ‘root and tree trunk’ of Israel. Paul said that the promises made to Abraham were to one Person and they are all ‘yes’ in Christ. Galatians 3:16, 2 Corinthians 1:20
So now all we Christians, in Christ as His friends and working with Him, are now the branches of the ‘olive tree’ of the true Israel. People from every tribe, race, nation and language. Romans 2:28-29, Revelation 5:9-10, Isaiah 66:18

This truth that all righteous Christians are the Israel of God, Galatians 6:16, destroys the false ‘rapture to heaven’ theory. The prophesies about Judah, the Jewish people, are clear: only a remnant will survive. Isaiah 6:13, Amos 2:4-5 They have set up their own religion and refuse to acknowledge Jesus. Romans 10:1-4
It will be every true, righteous Christian individual that will inherit the holy Land and they are the people who will display God’s glory and be His witnesses to the nations, in the last few years before Jesus Returns. Isaiah 66:18-21, Isaiah 49:8-13, Revelation 7:1-10

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Seems like Ephesians 2:11-22 is in order here:
11 Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called “Uncircumcision” by the so-called “Circumcision,” which is performed in the flesh by human hands— 12 remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
14 For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall,
15 by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace,
16 and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity.
17 And He came and preached peace to you who were far away, and peace to those who were near;
18 for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father.
19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,
21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,
22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

*The Israel of God is made up of Jews and Gentiles.

*The 144,000 of Revelation 7 are all believers.

*What John heard in Revelation 7:4-8 is to be related to what John turned and saw in Revelation 7:9-12.

That is THE ISRAEL OF GOD!!!

Some simply take what they've been taught over what scripture says!

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
5 Even so at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
(TODAY JUST AS IN THE TIME OF Baal. GOD HAS FOR HIMSELF KEPT/SAVED A REMNANT OF ISRAELITES)

You do realize the phrase "at this present time" in that verse does not refer to 2017, right?
This notion that God has left and/or given up on his Chosen People. Is unscriptural & completly ridiculous!

So Israelites who lived, say, between the years 1564 and 1621, and died without accepting Christ as their Lord and savior, are somehow still saved?

Were the disobedient thousands that were slayed in the wilderness with Moses "Gods Chosen People", or were the Faithful Remnant who obeyed Moses and Entered the Promised Land "Gods Chosen People"?

Is it your claim that God "gave up" on the Thousands that were slayed in the wilderness for their disobedience, or are they still chosen and saved?

Time for you to learn Some History.
In the Old Testament era, Israel was that nation of men that descended from Abraham through his sons, Isaac and Jacob (Gen 17:19; 21:9-12). Jacob was renamed "Israel" (Gen 32:28), and from Jacob came twelve sons who became patriarchs of twelve tribes, or families, of Abraham's descendants. These families famously became known as the Twelve Tribes of Israel.

Though the most visible component of Israel's identity was familial and marked in the flesh with the mark of circumcision (Gen 17:10-11), from the earliest times certain foreigners sojourned among the Hebrew tribes and began following the Hebrew religion and way of life. These gentile migrants lacked the ancestral link to Abraham that the natural-born descendants possssed, but they nevertheless were permitted to be circumcised (Gen 17:11-13) and assimilated fully into the native-born people of God by way of conversion:

"If a man from another country is living with you, and has a desire to keep the Passover to the Lord, let all the males of his family undergo circumcision, and then let him come near and keep it; for he will then be as one of your people; but no one without circumcision may keep it. The law is the same for him who is an Israelite by birth and for the man from a strange country who is living with you." (Ex 12:48-49)

Gentiles who converted to the Hebrew religion in this way and sojourned among the tribes of Israel were grafted into the people of God and given full status as true Israelites. Many such naturalized citizens existed among the members of Israel, though the natural-born sons of Abraham always comprised a majority of the citizenry.

While racial decent from Abraham (through Isaac and Jacob, "Israel") was central to identifying the members of the Israel in Old Testament times, God made it clear that all Israelites who disobeyed His covenant would be "cut off" from among the true people of God:
"He who is born in your house...must be circumcised. My covenant will be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant. The uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that soul shall be cut off from his people. He has broken my covenant." (Gen 17:13-14)

**Are you claiming that God Lied to them in that verse? That in reality nothing they could do would result in them being "cut off"?**

Soon it became clear that other violations of the covenant also served to "cut off" individuals from among the people of God (Lev 18:29; Num 15:30-31; Ex 12:15,19; Ex 31:14; Lev 7:20-27; Lev 23:28-30). Such a person was at that point considered a heathen and not a child of Abraham. This practice of exclusion from the covenant society continued down to Ezra's time (Ezra 10:8) and even to Christ's day (Jn 9:22; Jn 12:42; Mt. 18:15-17; 1 Cor 5:1-2,5,11-13).

**Again, are you claiming these verses do not mean what they say? That instead they mean exactly the opposite?**

In reality, as opposed to your position, conformity to God's covenantal commands, above all else, determined one's status as a member of Israel. Put another way, a person's identity with Israel was derived from and maintained by obedience----for the natural-born citizen's privilege as Israel could be nullified through disobedience, and the foreigner's status as an alien of Israel could be removed through obedience.

At times the issue of obedience became paramount for the nation of Israel. Scripture records numerous apostasies by--and subsequent excommunications of--seditious sons of Abraham. Examples may be multipled: God struck down thousands of rebellious Israelites in the wilderness (Num 14:26-45; Num 21:5-9; Num 16:1-50), though the church was preserved and led to the Promised Land (Acts 7:38-45); In Isaiah's day, apostasy became so rampant that Israel continued to exist through a small but faithful remnant (Isa 10:22-23; Isa 1:7-9; Rom 9:27-29); In Elijah's era, the multitude of Israelites who worshiped the false god Baal was so great that faithful Israel narrowed to a mere seven thousand men (1 Kings 19:1-18; Rom 11:2-4). Lastly, at the close of the Old Testamental age, Israel was again reduced to a small remnant of faithful elect ones (Rom 11:5). The Jewish Pharisees and temple rulers grew wicked to the point of killing God's holy Messiah and apostles (1 Thess 2:14-16), and throngs wanted Caesar as king instead of Messiah, the son of David (Jn 19:15). Then as in times past, true Israel survived and continued on through the faithful sons, while the unfaithful apostates were "cut off" from among the people.

The severe sedition and schism that took place in Christ's generation between the faithful sons and the disobedient brothers was not without warning. As St. Peter testified to his contemporary Jewish brethren:
"For Moses said: A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me: him you shall hear according to all things whatsoever he shall speak to you. And it shall be, that every soul which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. And all the prophets, from Samuel and afterwards, who have spoken, have told of these days." (Acts 3:22-24)

As Moses and St. Peter had forewarned, the wicked sons of Israel of that generation were dramatically cut off at the destruction of Jerusalem, at AD 66-70. The disobedient sons received many dire warnings from Jesus the Messiah:
"Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites...you are the sons of them that killed the prophets. Fill up then the measure of your fathers. You serpents, generation of vipers, how will you flee from the judgment of hell? Therefore behold I send to you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them you will put to death and crucify, and some you will scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city: That upon you may come all the just blood that hath been shed upon the earth, from the blood of Abel the just, even unto the blood of Zacharias the son of Barachias, whom you killed between the temple and the altar. Amen I say to you, all these things shall come upon this generation. Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered together thy children, as the hen doth gather her chickens under her wings, and thou wouldest not? Behold, you house shall be left to you, desolate" (Matt 23:29,33-38)

Again the Messiah predicted the imminent destruction of the rebellious sons:
When He approached Jerusalem, He saw the city and wept over it, saying, "If you had known in this day, even you, the things which make for peace! But now they have been hidden from your eyes. For the days will come upon you when your enemies will throw up a barricade against you, and surround you and hem you in on every side, and they will level you to the ground and your children within you, and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not recognize the time of your visitation." (Luke 19:41-44)

As a testimony to God's providential care for his faithful remnant, the obedient sons of Abraham were miraculously spared and protected while the wicked sons were judged and destroyed from among the people. Addresing his beloved apostles and followers, Jesus said:
"When you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that her desolation is near. Then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains, and those who are in the midst of the city must leave, and those who are in the country must not enter the city; because these are days of vengeance, so that all things which are written will be fulfilled. Woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days; for there will be great distress upon the land and wrath to this people; and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles" (Luke 21:20-22).

Once the faithful nation of God's elect were miraculously protected, the doom predicted for wicked brothers would commence. As Jesus forewarned:
"When therefore the Lord therefore of the vineyard comes, what will he do unto those vine-growers? They said unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will rent out his vineyard unto other vine-growers, who shall render him the fruits in their seasons. Jesus said unto them, Did you never read in the scriptures, 'The stone which the builders rejected, this became the chief corner stone: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?' Therefore say I unto you, the kingdom of God shall be taken away from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits of it. And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they understood that He was speaking about them." (Mt 21:40-45)

And so true Israel---the sons of Abraham who followed the Messiah, as manifested by Providence and by history---was again preserved during a time of national apostasy and tribulation. As was the case in former times with Moses, Elijah, and Isaiah, countless apostates were cut off from among the people. But God's elect Israel, the faithful remnant, triumphed and continued on, spreading the good news of the Kingdom of God to the entire world, in and through the Jewish Church.

Your notion that God somehow Favors the disobedient ones above the faithful ones, that He claims the Disobedient Sons are TRUE Israel while the Faithful remnant are "something else" is polar opposite to what Scripture teaches.

I hate to break the news to you, but Israel survived *exclusively* in the sect of the Nazarenes. They received with joy their promised New Covenant and obediently rejected all former biases against the non-Abrahamic families of earth so that Genesis 12:3 might finally be attained (Gal 3:7-9/Rom 4:13-18)---via the work of the Jewish Messiah. This sole surviving form of covenant Judaism is known worldwide as Christianity, the Jewish church gone global. The church always was the covenanted Israel, the church continues to be the covenanted Israel. The only difference is that the NEW covenant of Israel enabled Jewish fullness to be bestowed upon gentile people groups (Gen 12:3).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You do realize the phrase "at this present time" in that verse does not refer to 2017, right?
A good post #72, the truth of who is the Israel of God: every true born again believer, from any race, nation or language. 1 Peter 2:9-10, Revelation 5:9-10
That this truth destroys the 'rapture to heaven' theory, proves the error of that unscriptural idea.

But I disagree with your statement above.
All of the Bible is for our understanding; for our salvation and the unfulfilled prophesies are for us, now in the last days.
Jesus did say He would work for two days and then receive His reward. Luke 13:32 also as prophesied in Hosea 6:2 Now, in hindsight, we know that 2 days in heaven, equals 2000 earth years, almost the time that has passed today since He commenced His ministry.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

My comments here will be in bold Blue text.

The Olive Tree is made up of Israelites like the Apostle Paul who accepted Christ. These were the faithful remnant.
The Gentile believers were grafted in among the faithful Israelites.
The Israelites who rejected Christ were the branches broken off, but can be grafted back into the tree through faith in Christ. There is no other way for their salvation.
The Olive Tree is a symbol of the New Covenant Church.

God has not temporarily blinded all Israelis. Some are blinded and some are like Paul, who was not blinded and accepted Christ. If you read the verses that follow Luke 21:24, you will see that it is the Second Coming of Christ when the times of the Gentiles ends.

Based on Matthew 3:9, and Christ's words to the Pharisees in John chapter 8, and 1 Timothy 1:4, God does not now chose people based on their genealogy.

The sins of all races of people were taken away at the Cross of Calvary.
Jeremiah 31:31-34 is found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13, and is specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:18-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8.

Paul ends the chapter with two groups of Israelites in the same way that there were two groups of Israelites during the time of Elijah. There is one group of "they", who are enemies of the Gospel and there is another group of "they" who are the elect remnant.

Based on Hebrews 8:6-13, Israel and the New Covenant Church cannot be separated.

Heb 8:6  But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises. 

Heb 8:7  For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 

Heb 8:8  Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH— 

Heb 8:9  NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS IN THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; BECAUSE THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DISREGARDED THEM, SAYS THE LORD. 

Heb 8:10  FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. 

Heb 8:11  NONE OF THEM SHALL TEACH HIS NEIGHBOR, AND NONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM. 

Heb 8:12  FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE." 

Heb 8:13  In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away. 

The New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34 is quoted above in uppercase text and is bracketed before and after with verses making it plain that it was in effect during the first century, when the Book of Hebrews was written.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A good post #72, the truth of who is the Israel of God: every true born again believer, from any race, nation or language. 1 Peter 2:9-10, Revelation 5:9-10
That this truth destroys the 'rapture to heaven' theory, proves the error of that unscriptural idea.

But I disagree with your statement above.
All of the Bible is for our understanding; for our salvation and the unfulfilled prophesies are for us, now in the last days.
Jesus did say He would work for two days and then receive His reward. Luke 13:32 also as prophesied in Hosea 6:2 Now, in hindsight, we know that 2 days in heaven, equals 2000 earth years, almost the time that has passed today since He commenced His ministry.

I know you disagree.
And I know you know I disagree with you :)

There is NO TIME in Heaven.
God is Timeless.
2 Days in heaven can equal 2000 years on earth AND 2000 years in heaven can equal 2 days on earth.
2000 years on earth can also equal 6-12 hours in heaven, as per the Psalmist's citation of "1000 years = a watch in the night"

It's not Math. God has no time.
Time statements such as "Long time off" and "soon/shortly/at hand" are all given to be understood in human terms as humans are the ones bound by time. God is not.
Nothing is a "long time off" to God
Nothing is "shortly or soon" to God either

When Paul says " at this present time" he was referring to the present time he was writing.

While Your statement "All of the Bible is for our understanding" is most certainly true, removing the original audience from ANY application and understanding as you do, is untenable and not supported by any Scriptural teaching.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
While Your statement "All of the Bible is for our understanding" is most certainly true, removing the original audience from ANY application and understanding as you do, is untenable and not supported by any Scriptural teaching.
All Christian teaching is for people from the 1st century and up to the time of Jesus' Return. No one is excluded, all can obtain salvation by being born again in Jesus Spirit. John 3:16
Your accusation that I remove anyone from this promise, is unfounded and out of order.
You fail to allow for the well proven exegesis of 'dual prophecy' -then and now, for those before and fulfilment for us today.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All Christian teaching is for people from the 1st century and up to the time of Jesus' Return.
19 But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you shortly, that I also may be encouraged when I know your state. (Philippians 2:19)

Should we be expecting Timothy's Soon arrival? Or would you assert that this verse was exclusively applicable to the Philippian Congregation of the 1st century to whom Paul was directly addressing?

No one is excluded, all can obtain salvation by being born again in Jesus Spirit. John 3:16
Your accusation that I remove anyone from this promise, is unfounded and out of order.

I didn't accuse you of removing anyone from that promise of salvation.
I merely pointed out how you remove the original receivers from application of eschatological passages that were directly addressed to and first delivered to THEM. You are clearly on record as asserting those passages were NOT for them at all, or anyone else throughout History besides US today.

And since ones eschatology has no bearing on ones salvation status, your objection to my point is unfounded and out of order.

You fail to allow for the well proven exegesis of 'dual prophecy' -then and now, for those before and fulfilment for us today.

Should we be watching for another Virgin Birth then?
Another Crucifixion?
Timothy's Next Arrival shortly?

And why only Dual?
Why not Triple, Quadruple? Quintuple?

Perhaps you can explain for us How this verse was first fulfilled for the Christians at Sardis, was likewise fulfilled for every successive generations of Christians who have come and gone before us, as well as for us today:
Revelation 3:3
3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.

How did Jesus "Come as a Thief" to them back then?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Should we be watching for another Virgin Birth then?
Another Crucifixion?

And why only Dual?
Why not Triple, Quadruple? Quintuple?
You are a classic scoffer. Just another one of the majority, that will be surprised and shocked by coming events.
The prophesies are given to everyone, from the ancient times until today and just because most remain unfulfilled, in no way means they won't be. The Lord says: Whatever I say; will be done. Ezekiel 12:27-28

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are a classic scoffer. Just another one of the majority, that will be surprised and shocked by coming events.
The prophesies are given to everyone, from the ancient times until today and just because most remain unfulfilled, in no way means they won't be. The Lord says: Whatever I say; will be done. Ezekiel 12:27-28

Proving my point... you continually remove the original receivers from ANY application, contrary to your opposite claims.

How did Jesus Come as a thief to the 1st century Christians at Sardis?
Revelation 3:3
3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status