• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Register your affiliations so we can know you

Discussion in 'OBOB General Politics Forum' started by BAFRIEND, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Democrat

2. Republican

3. Liberal

4. Moderate

5. Conservative

6. Prolife

7. Prochoice

8. Supports Traditional Marriage Against Gay Marriage

9. Conservative Catholic

10. Liberal Catholic

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Julie.S

Julie.S Well-Known Member

+520
    Christian
    Single
    I said liberal moderate because I have no idea what I am. I'm not with any set party and I vote for who I think is the best option.

2. mea kulpa

mea kulpa Benedictine Traditional Catholic

+1,921
    Catholic
    Married
    I voted pro life and traditional family... these are the only 2 that apply to me... i come under none of the others... i suppose conservitive catholic comes closest but i am a traditional catholic

3. Magnus Maximus

Magnus Maximus Warrior

+262
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Politically in am a Fiscally conservative Republican-- But I am more populist when it comes to wage stagnation and the income gap.

Socially very Conservative in my personal life but pretty libertarian in others lives-I believe God gave us free will for a reason and I should not mess with others free will.

Sometimes I find it hard to id with a party- because I feel like the republican party has left me-- I will never ever vote for a pro choice candidate even if we agree on everything else-- Life is my main issue

Becoming more and more traditionally Catholic; I am finding greater peace and joy in the Latin mass and traditional Catholicism the older I get. I guess because the world is chaotic right now and the Church is eternal.

4. Diamantina

Diamantina Catholic revert and Lay Carmelite Supporter

+82
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    Politically I am a social conservative, a dove in foreign policy and to the left in fiscal issues. I used to be a Democrat (my late father was a union member and New Deal Democrat and my mother is also a Democrat who is active in her union), but in 2015 I joined the American Solidarity Party (see Platform - American Solidarity Party and American Solidarity Party - Wikipedia for more info). I wish I could vote for Democratic candidates, but here in California, they are all thoroughly pro-choice -- a pro-life Democrat in California would not be allowed to run for office as a Democrat, I think. Since consistent life is my main issue, both Democrats and Republicans are out of the question for me. (My mother is pro-life but sees no problem with voting for Democratic candidates: she is a non-churchgoing Methodist. My father's family was Catholic -- my devout paternal grandmother apparently insisted on my baptism in the Catholic Church when I was one month old -- but my father lapsed as a young adult and eloped with my mother in a civil ceremony in Las Vegas.)

I would say that as far as my Catholicism goes, I am neither liberal (heretical?) nor conservative (traditionalist?). My home parish (in which I am active as a lector and EMHC at the altar and to the sick) is Ordinary Form, but I often attend Melkite Catholic Divine Liturgy (https://melkite.org) or Ordinariate Mass (Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter) on Sundays when I am not reading or serving at Mass at my home parish. I prefer to veil myself in church (I don't wear a veil when I am reading or serving at Mass in my home parish in order not to draw attention to myself).

In the poll I checked Moderate, Pro-Life and Supports Traditional Marriage Against Gay Marriage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Vicomte13

Vicomte13 Well-Known Member

+1,776
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    This poll's at the top, but it doesn't work anymore, does it?
    Politically - Independent
    Pro-life, opposed to gay marriage.
    Liberal Catholic

6. Grumman Tomcat

Grumman Tomcat The LORD is my Pilot Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+5,355
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Politically--Conservative Republican
    Pro-life, Traditional Marriage--opposed to gay marriage and the gay lifestyle.
    I am what one would called 'Catholic lite'. I share the same core beliefs as many Catholics.

7. Multifavs

Multifavs Creative Catholic Supporter

+7,565
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    Pro-Life
    Supports Traditional Marriage

Those are the only ones I checked. I don't really identify with any political party as I'm not into politics. Democrats and Republicans both have points I disagree with and I don't know much about the other parties. I am not a liberal Catholic but I don't know if I'm a conservative Catholic. There are points I agree with and disagree with for both conservatives and liberals, so I guess I'm somewhere in the middle.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  8. TheBadCatholic

TheBadCatholic New Member

+0
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Extremely liberal Democrat. I fully support Pres. Clinton, and I personally support all attempts to investigate and impeach Donald Trump and Brett Kavanaugh.

9. TuxAme

TuxAme Quis ut Deus? Supporter

+3,198
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    :dontcare:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother?

+5,569
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    As a political label, I don't know what "conservative" even means anymore. I don't think it means anything.

The political stuff mostly baffles me. Until fairly recently, there's usually been very little difference between Democrats and Republicans on issues that actually matter. You had your choice of Same Old Nonsense (D) and Same Old Nonsense (R). And we all know why that is but nobody dares say so out loud, least of all here on CF.

I guess my politics is that I'm pro-family. Anything that threatens the viability of the nuclear family needs to be rearranged. Broadly left-of-center economic policies, very conservative social policies and generally libertarian on foreign policies. No idea what ideological label gets put on that but that's what I believe in.

11. Vicomte13

Vicomte13 Well-Known Member

+1,776
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Sounds like we're the same, except I think that the D and R parties are really different, each in their own special, pathological ways.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. Multifavs

Multifavs Creative Catholic Supporter

+7,565
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  13. DAnn222

DAnn222 New Member

+1
    United States
    Christian
    Widowed
    As a Catholic, I don't seem to fit into any one category. I'm some where in between all of that stuff. I'm not liberal, I'm not conservative. I'm somewhat traditional, but not a traditionalist. I'm not conservative or liberal ... I'm in between... I think that is part of being Catholic... we don't fit into a stereotypical category. All are welcomed. All are loved. All life is precious. Anyway, I use to post here a while back, but it's been a while and it would be nice to feel welcomed here. I'm searching.. I feel a bit lost, not with my faith, but in other ways. I'm okay... just would like to be around some positive people with kindness in their way of expression and heart. I'm Debbie.. and my beloved Bob (Newman99) passed away some years ago.. and well, anyway... hi.. I'll just read through the threads. thanks.

14. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+23,247
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Welcome Debbie. I have thought and prayed for you often along with your beloved Bob. ***hugs*** So happy to see you again!

15. Angeldove97

Angeldove97 In the Lord, my labor is not in vain Supporter

+1,922
    United States
    Traditional. Cath.
    Married
    Good to see you! :hug: I still think of you and your husband... hope to see you around here more often :angel:

16. MarkRohfrietsch

MarkRohfrietsch Unapologetic Apologist Supporter

+3,704
    Lutheran
    Married
    Hi Debby, it has been a while! Good to hear from you! It has been a while!