Refusing to be vaccinated against Covid-19 is a ’sin’ & anti-vaxxers must spend their life repenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I may have articulated something in a careless manner while attempting to explain to some heterodox about the nature of Salvation, which caused you to completely take what I had said out of the context in which I was saying it, but I wasn't really wrong in the gist of what I was getting at. Interestingly, my statement had to do with the Church's position on the use of food offered to idols. Evidently, this must have been a sensitive issue with you at that time if you saw fit to interject your thoughts into a discussion you'd previously had no involvement with. Ironic, since this is pretty much precisely the reason that I now insist that we must not consume these available vaccines on account of their ties to idolatry? But now you won't admit any connection of them to idolatry, except perhaps for the J&J brand. So it would seem we're engaged in the same sort of argument now, except I appear to be the moralist in this case, while you, on the other hand, seem to be of the attitude that "to the pure, all things are pure".

You just love to twist things don't you LOL!? I do interject into discussions when I see something I may be interested in discussing...nothing wrong with that. I would say murder (abortion) and not specifically related to idolatry. Ah, again you are the "moral" one even though I said abortion (is murder) and because I may not agree it is idolatry I am somehow not moral. Wow you just keep proving my point!

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
From the article (unfortunately devoid of references)
People usually get shingles because their immune system is weakened.

She has also noticed a recent increase in younger people getting the virus. “I have seen and have heard of numerous cases of shingles developing in younger individuals in their 20s during the height of the COVID pandemic.

Goldstein says research shows that 1% to 6% of the people who get shingles will have a second episode, but recurrence is more common in women and if you are immunocompromised.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You just love to twist things don't you LOL!? I do interject into discussions when I see something I may be interested in discussing...nothing wrong with that. I would say murder (abortion) and not specifically related to idolatry. Ah, again you are the "moral" one even though I said abortion (is murder) and because I may not agree it is idolatry I am somehow not moral. Wow you just keep proving my point!
I only said that you don't make any connection between abortion and idolatry ( because you yourself say that you don't), where as I do see the connection. I ask myself why they are murdered, and then I reflect on why people worship idols and sacrifice children to them, and I find that the reasons are the same: passions and demons. Idol worship hasn't gone away because the passions and demons haven't gone away. Idol worship and child sacrifice merely takes on different outward forms than it did in ancient times. But it is more extant now than ever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I only said that you don't make any connection between abortion and idolatry ( because you yourself say that you don't), where as I do see the connection. I ask myself why they are murdered, and then I reflect on why people worship idols and sacrifice children to them, and I find that the reasons are the same: passions and demons. Idol worship hasn't gone away because the passions and demons haven't gone away. Idol worship and child sacrifice merely takes on different outward forms than it did in ancient times. But it is more extant now than ever.

I understand what you are saying . It definitley is murder...a bit of a stretch IMO for idolatry. What is the idol they are sacrificing through abortion to? Science? Most are probably atheists...

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
zoo animals are also dying of the covid vaccine.

That I have not heard of...in fact I have never heard of a covid vaccine for animals! That is what shocked me!

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I understand what you are saying . It definitley is murder...a bit of a stretch IMO for idolatry. What is the idol they are sacrificing through abortion to? Science? Most are probably atheists...
They believe in the Serpent that said, "You will not surely die... you will become as God..." through knowledge (Genesis 3:4-5). And then they murder and destroy to obtain to godhood, because of who their father is, even as Adam and Eve murdered the human race through their disobedience in Eden. Abortion with fetal tissue research is our forbidden fruit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Antoni

Aug 17, 2019
NorthEast
✟51,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
However, it is not impossible and may not have anything to do with the vaccine...but yes, we all need prayers and to pray.

sure, it may not have anything to do with the vaccine, but common sense tells you it does. Even more so, experience in patient care does. I have easily had over 125,000 patient encounters in my career so far, and I have never seen a healthy 14 y o with shingles. Now, after the mass vaccine rollout, I am seeing massive increases in mono, Bell’s palsy, hand foot mouth disease, almost all in the vaccinated. So if I was a betting man, I would bet a huge amount of money the reason this young girl has shingles is directly due to her receiving that vaccine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

abacabb3

Jul 14, 2013
✟82,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sure, it may not have anything to do with the vaccine, but common sense tells you it does. Even more so, experience in patient care does. I have easily had over 125,000 patient encounters in my career so far, and I have never seen a healthy 14 y o with shingles. Now, after the mass vaccine rollout, I am seeing massive increases in mono, Bell’s palsy, hand foot mouth disease, almost all in the vaccinated. So if I was a betting man, I would bet a huge amount of money the reason this young girl has shingles is directly due to her receiving that vaccine.
Yes, that is certainly bizarre. If we were in not such a politically charged climate maybe we would have better statistics to work with to make informed policy decisions.

Upvote 0

abacabb3

Jul 14, 2013
✟82,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Elder Efthymios of Kapsala (a spiritual son of Saint Paisios) said this a few months ago:

[T]he Church, when she uses her own spiritual means and her own salvific medicine, makes possible even the impossible and heals every disease. She is able to eliminate any epidemic, no matter how contagious and deadly it may be, as Church history teach us. Just as Noah’s ark, which prefigured the Church, contained both clean and unclean animals, so also our Church contains saints and sinners, righteous and unrighteous, masked and non-masked, vaccinated and non-vaccinated. There is room for everyone in the House of God. We must not separate people, nor should we consider the vaccinated as marked deniers of Christ. And again neither should the vaccinated reprove and unbearably pressure those that do not wish to take the vaccine, as is usually the case. In the future, when the truth concerning the vaccine will have been revealed, perhaps many will regret having done it, as some have already regretted it.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Elder Efthymios of Kapsala (a spiritual son of Saint Paisios) said this a few months ago:

[T]he Church, when she uses her own spiritual means and her own salvific medicine, makes possible even the impossible and heals every disease. She is able to eliminate any epidemic, no matter how contagious and deadly it may be, as Church history teach us. Just as Noah’s ark, which prefigured the Church, contained both clean and unclean animals, so also our Church contains saints and sinners, righteous and unrighteous, masked and non-masked, vaccinated and non-vaccinated. There is room for everyone in the House of God. We must not separate people, nor should we consider the vaccinated as marked deniers of Christ. And again neither should the vaccinated reprove and unbearably pressure those that do not wish to take the vaccine, as is usually the case. In the future, when the truth concerning the vaccine will have been revealed, perhaps many will regret having done it, as some have already regretted it.
"The truth concerning the vaccine will have been revealed". Yes, as is usually the case with controversial things.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

It may not be from the vaccine itself but as I have said an immune reaction from the 2 doses being given so close together. I can see bells because that can be a reaction to many vaccines.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
They believe in the Serpent that said, "You will not surely die... you will become as God..." through knowledge (Genesis 3:4-5). And then they murder and destroy to obtain to godhood, because of who their father is, even as Adam and Eve murdered the human race through their disobedience in Eden. Abortion with fetal tissue research is our forbidden fruit.

Who are "they"? Abortionists? Scientists? The knowledge of good and evil...again how is it idolatry and how will they become as God? Through knowledge of good and evil...? We are all in that boat...we all live in a fallen world....surrounded by sin.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,570.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Catholics are up against it, too.

Abp. Viganò Releases Letter He Sent to US Bishops and CDF on Vaccine Quandary - Catholic Family News

If I didn't know better (and I don't), I'd say that some very clever and powerful people have found a way to divide us all, to see each other as a threat.

It seems to boil down to whether you think the greater danger to be either a pandemic (with an unbelievably low death rate both worldwide and in most localities), or a small number of insanely wealthy and powerful people seeking to expand their already untoward power even more at the expense of everybody else. If you think it's a pandemic, you react like the people who support the so-called vaccines and mandates to impose them by force. If you think it's a genuine conspiracy, then you react like the people who object to the official measures. And each side sees the other side as threatening them. It's an effective way to divide us.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Who are "they"? Abortionists? Scientists? The knowledge of good and evil...again how is it idolatry and how will they become as God? Through knowledge of good and evil...? We are all in that boat...we all live in a fallen world....surrounded by sin.
Through knowledge gained through the unlawful use of the bodies of sacrificed children. The Serpent said man can become as God without God; through knowledge alone. These atheists work to accomplish this very thing through their discoveries, and they need the fresh bodies of electively aborted children to do it.

We do live in this fallen world, but idolatry and child sacrifice ought to be rejected even though they may bring us great worldly benefits, no? To hell with those vaccines. It would be better to join Shadrach, Mischak, and Abednego in the flames of the fiery furnace than to accept immunization by them, which in itself is a metania to their idol that they (Atheists and Satanists) have set up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Catholics are up against it, too.

Abp. Viganò Releases Letter He Sent to US Bishops and CDF on Vaccine Quandary - Catholic Family News

If I didn't know better (and I don't), I'd say that some very clever and powerful people have found a way to divide us all, to see each other as a threat.

It seems to boil down to whether you think the greater danger to be either a pandemic (with an unbelievably low death rate both worldwide and in most localities), or a small number of insanely wealthy and powerful people seeking to expand their already untoward power even more at the expense of everybody else. If you think it's a pandemic, you react like the people who support the so-called vaccines and mandates to impose them by force. If you think it's a genuine conspiracy, then you react like the people who object to the official measures. And each side sees the other side as threatening them. It's an effective way to divide us.
I'd say this is correct. Of course there is truth also, and truth itself is a divider of people so long as it is voiced. It's very easy to put a lid on truth in order to avoid divisions, but what is the cost, to all, of doing so? I just wonder. I don't think I know the full answer.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.